Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama...

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273683

The only lead team member who even mentioned Discord was Onionrings, suggesting a Discord call. Thank you for that.

However as it stands

TheXnator wrote:
but what I want to make clear is that if someone would rather chat on Discord instead of Teamspeak, the best way to go about it is by asking if Discord is okay rather than what we've had a lot of, which is people laughing at or trying to ridicule us for asking them to come on Teamspeak.

This unwritten policy is destructive and in no way Terms of Use acceptable. The community owns a Discord server and Teamspeak server, there should be no favouritism when issues like this arise. If the user wishes to use one over the other that is fine. If the user feels uncomfortable in utilising a service, they shouldn't be forced to install it. If the user doesn't wish to use their voice, for any number of reasons, that is fine.

What is not fine is ALL this.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273685

I feel bad for studio, didn't deserve to get treated like this whatsoever.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273693

MICHAELL wrote:
Denis wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
honestly a bit ridiculous that any of this chute/studio drama happened in the first place? Like it could've been prevented so easily, why didn't you just talk to him about it there??
Exactly like there is literally no reason whatsoever for ChuteUK not to talk to him on Discord. And according to Studio, ChuteUK left the call purely due to Studio typing instead of using his mic? So if he had no mic he would just not be able to make the report? It seems like a clear attempt at trolling Studio and there are several examples of ChuteUK trolling members of the community in the past too.

[EDIT] Also how tf is "TOU" alone still being given as a ban reason that is so lazy and unprofessional.

bit childish considering who its coming from
wdym
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273694

Denis wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Denis wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
honestly a bit ridiculous that any of this chute/studio drama happened in the first place? Like it could've been prevented so easily, why didn't you just talk to him about it there??
Exactly like there is literally no reason whatsoever for ChuteUK not to talk to him on Discord. And according to Studio, ChuteUK left the call purely due to Studio typing instead of using his mic? So if he had no mic he would just not be able to make the report? It seems like a clear attempt at trolling Studio and there are several examples of ChuteUK trolling members of the community in the past too.

[EDIT] Also how tf is "TOU" alone still being given as a ban reason that is so lazy and unprofessional.

bit childish considering who its coming from
wdym

that chuteuk is very childish considering he is the owner of the community
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273704

MICHAELL wrote:
I feel bad for studio, didn't deserve to get treated like this whatsoever.

I just want to point out that Studio's main complaints (to my knowledge) was the situation with narexa which he made no intention to discuss with us, as he did not believe or want to hear our side of the story. Last night I received some absolutely disgusting, horrible messages from Studio, and when Chute tried to talk with Studio on Discord, due to his initial concerns being to do with him not believing us with regards to narexa's punishment(s), Chute tried to show these messages to Studio, but Studio started claiming that this had nothing to do with him and asked him what narexa had to do with anything, which does confuse me a little as this was initially what Studio seemed to have issues with.

When Studio was asked to talk on Teamspeak initially, I don't recall him asking to talk on Discord at all (I could be mistaken on this one). Last night, Studio did say that he was comfortable talking on Discord rather than Teamspeak, at which point Chute tried to contact him there instead, but Studio all of a sudden did not want to talk on Discord either anymore. I genuinely just don't understand how Studio can say that he doesn't want to talk specifically on Teamspeak, and then as soon as Chute decides to come and talk to him in the place where he said he wanted to, he doesn't want to talk their either? I also fail to see how this is Chute's fault in the slightest given that he tried to give Studio every opportunity to talk about his issues, and if Studio really didn't want to put his thoughts across over voice, he could've always dropped myself, Chute, EMP or anyone else a message explaining it and it would've been read over and perhaps we could've understood where he was coming from a little better.

Studio, there is no unwritten "policy" the message of mine you've quoted there is literally me explaining that if you ask to talk with us on another platform in a respectful manner, then we would've been happy to do so? As it stands, the way you acted after Chute initially asked you to come on Teamspeak was just disrespectful and in no way seemed like you were trying to actually talk about it or solve the issues you were having, so I can understand fully why he may have thought you were trolling or just trying to cause trouble.

I am going to be moving this thread back to the drama hole given that many people have shown that they don't want to have a constructive discussion about this, but I will not lock this thread so people are still free to give their opinions. We are also happy to speak with anyone on Teamspeak or Discord if they wish to. There is really no need to continue with this drama, so if you have issues with us, the community or any policies, we welcome any suggestions you have for improvement.

Chute's Discord: chuteuk#3823
My Discord: TheXnator#7954
EMP's Discord: TheEMP#7000
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by TheXnator.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273708

TheXnator wrote:
I just want to point out that Studio's main complaints (to my knowledge) was the situation with narexa which he made no intention to discuss with us, as he did not believe or want to hear our side of the story. Last night I received some absolutely disgusting, horrible messages from Studio, and when Chute tried to talk with Studio on Discord, due to his initial concerns being to do with him not believing us with regards to narexa's punishment(s), Chute tried to show these messages to Studio, but Studio started claiming that this had nothing to do with him and asked him what narexa had to do with anything, which does confuse me a little as this was initially what Studio seemed to have issues with.

My main complaint was the 4 items on the report abuse thread. Narexa has nothing to do with my situation. I cropped out the other part of the dm as it is irrevelant to my situation but here it is:

Show me these absolutely digusting horrible messages from myself, otherwise it is slander. I never talked to you in my dms in my life. My complaints are with the report abuse thread, otherwise it is unconstructive.

TheXnator wrote:
When Studio was asked to talk on Teamspeak initially, I don't recall him asking to talk on Discord at all (I could be mistaken on this one). Last night, Studio did say that he was comfortable talking on Discord rather than Teamspeak, at which point Chute tried to contact him there instead, but Studio all of a sudden did not want to talk on Discord either anymore. I genuinely just don't understand how Studio can say that he doesn't want to talk specifically on Teamspeak, and then as soon as Chute decides to come and talk to him in the place where he said he wanted to, he doesn't want to talk their either? I also fail to see how this is Chute's fault in the slightest given that he tried to give Studio every opportunity to talk about his issues, and if Studio really didn't want to put his thoughts across over voice, he could've always dropped myself, Chute, EMP or anyone else a message explaining it and it would've been read over and perhaps we could've understood where he was coming from a little better.

I talked to Chuteuk, Chuteuk refused to talk to me. This paragraph is irrelevant.

TheXnator wrote:
Studio, there is no unwritten "policy" the message of mine you've quoted there is literally me explaining that if you ask to talk with us on another platform in a respectful manner, then we would've been happy to do so? As it stands, the way you acted after Chute initially asked you to come on Teamspeak was just disrespectful and in no way seemed like you were trying to actually talk about it or solve the issues you were having, so I can understand fully why he may have thought you were trolling or just trying to cause trouble.

I did constructively follow the procedure of a report abuse thread. I approached Chute in a private dm on Discord. He refused to talk to me unless I used voice chat in the middle of the night. I am in no way being disrespectful, or trolling. Stop this nonsense.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273736

TheXnator wrote:
I am going to be moving this thread back to the drama hole given that many people have shown that they don't want to have a constructive discussion about this, but I will not lock this thread so people are still free to give their opinions. We are also happy to speak with anyone on Teamspeak or Discord if they wish to. There is really no need to continue with this drama, so if you have issues with us, the community or any policies, we welcome any suggestions you have for improvement.
By doing this you are proving people's point regarding your tendency to simply lock or move posts that you don't like even if they are valid.

You have moved it to the Drama Hole under the reasoning that "people have shown that they don't want to have a constructive discussion" so I skimmed through the replies and have found a total of 11 unconstructive posts on this thread:

1x BCAT

1x Nick0GR (Debatable since he was correct)

1x Nikoo (Same as Nick0GR)

1x Chuteuk

2x Sp00ns

2x DANIEL

1x EvilStewie

2x caisozavur

1x Sam Winchester

Every other post on this thread was constructive and contributed to the discussion without trolling or simply making stupid comments, meaning that there was 57 constructive replies (including this reply) to 11 unconstructive replies, there is nothing stopping you from removing the unconstructive replies and keeping this post in GD. The truth is the criticisms are valid and you are unable to accept them. If you want to change people's perception of you constantly silencing opinions you don't agree with then move this back to GD. Otherwise you are just proving everyone's point.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273740

Studio Banter wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

My main complaint was the 4 items on the report abuse thread. Narexa has nothing to do with my situation. I cropped out the other part of the dm as it is irrevelant to my situation but here it is:

Show me these absolutely digusting horrible messages from myself, otherwise it is slander. I never talked to you in my dms in my life. My complaints are with the report abuse thread, otherwise it is unconstructive.

TheXnator wrote:

I talked to Chuteuk, Chuteuk refused to talk to me. This paragraph is irrelevant.

TheXnator wrote:

I did constructively follow the procedure of a report abuse thread. I approached Chute in a private dm on Discord. He refused to talk to me unless I used voice chat in the middle of the night. I am in no way being disrespectful, or trolling. Stop this nonsense.

Since you keep bringing up the Teamspeak thing despite me saying to you several times that you could use chat instead of voice and even now you continue to deny that despite me providing evidence to that affect.

Lets look at the time I did message you on Discord:

You had a number of issues and were kicking off on general discussion. It's your right to do so and nobody muted you, however when DMed and asked several times to talk it through you outright refused and now you are doing the same again.

I'll try a third time with you. Tonight come online and talk to us about it.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun