Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama...

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273521

CeeZee wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Chuteuk wrote:
You can contact me instead if you're getting ignored. Me and CeeZee had this exact same discussion last night about Xnator ignoring people and he strongly agreed that he doesn't purposefully do it he is very very busy and gets hundreds of messages a day he simply can't answer everyone.

Chute I also want to add that we discussed heavily that the community is seeing that you only ever want to talk on TS, where replies and opinions and thoughts can not be recorded or anything of the like. As well as public forum posts used to be locked at the sake of "drama" but no drama to be spotted, it means nobody had a real way to get actual things cleared because 30 people could ask you the same question on TeamSpeak and all receive a different answer but the only proof they can provide is their opinion, which you can deny based on no proof.

Studio Banter providing all those screenshots only further backs this point and shows it's very hard to get things in writing which I found personally, kinda shocking. Especially if you count not wanting to voice chat as "trolling".

Edit: Not sure where my post went lol. Anyway yes exactly right CeeZee I took onboard your advice actually and had this discussion out in the open with him and provided evidence. Lets hope this time he takes the offer to come and discuss things.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Chuteuk.
The topic has been locked.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273529

Something that really concerns me is when someone was asking for "Wrongs and Rights about ZARP" it instantly got moved into the drama hole with little to no explanation of to why that happens, the censorship is insane and all it is for, is to flue someone's ego problem. Shame to see it turn into this
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe, Jeppe

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273541

Chuteuk wrote:
Edit: Not sure where my post went lol. Anyway yes exactly right CeeZee I took onboard your advice actually and had this discussion out in the open with him and provided evidence. Lets hope this time he takes the offer to come and discuss things.

If your take away from my post is that he needs to come to voice chat to sort things out then either I've somehow fucked up my wording or you're reading it wrong. Anything such as TOU, unbans, reports etc should be handled in a median that has the ability to be recorded or documented, alternatively allow TS to be recorded.

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Something that really concerns me is when someone was asking for "Wrongs and Rights about ZARP" it instantly got moved into the drama hole with little to no explanation of to why that happens, the censorship is insane and all it is for, is to flue someone's ego problem. Shame to see it turn into this

I was actually asking about that to Chute yesterday but I can't remember if I received an answer, so I'll ask again. Things are often moved to dramahole for even a sniff at drama. Biggest example to mind is a post on getting Clarky removed when he wasn't even staff anymore to begin with. Given that's a huge free to look at post example of a CM team member clearly playing by different rules to everyone else. Forum Moderator Sally moved it to drama hole because well, it's drama that's not even got a point of existing as Clarky wasn't staff.

It got moved out of drama hole by someone for the drama to be continued by a CM member for no reason other than to try and out Clarky. So why was that drama allowed, but often opinions on how things are being handled not?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by CeeZee.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273542

CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
You can contact me instead if you're getting ignored. Me and CeeZee had this exact same discussion last night about Xnator ignoring people and he strongly agreed that he doesn't purposefully do it he is very very busy and gets hundreds of messages a day he simply can't answer everyone.
CeeZee wrote:
Chute I also want to add that we discussed heavily that the community is seeing that you only ever want to talk on TS, where replies and opinions and thoughts can not be recorded or anything of the like. As well as public forum posts used to be locked at the sake of "drama" but no drama to be spotted, it means nobody had a real way to get actual things cleared because 30 people could ask you the same question on TeamSpeak and all receive a different answer but the only proof they can provide is their opinion, which you can deny based on no proof.

Studio Banter providing all those screenshots only further backs this point and shows it's very hard to get things in writing which I found personally, kinda shocking. Especially if you count not wanting to voice chat as "trolling".

If your take away from my post is that he needs to come to voice chat to sort things out then either I've somehow fucked up my wording or you're reading it wrong. Anything such as TOU, unbans, reports etc should be handled in a median that has the ability to be recorded or documented, alternatively allow TS to be recorded.

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

I was actually asking about that to Chute yesterday but I can't remember if I received an answer, so I'll ask again. Things are often moved to dramahole for even a sniff at drama. Biggest example to mind is a post on getting Clarky removed when he wasn't even staff anymore to begin with. Given that's a huge free to look at post example of a CM team member clearly playing by different rules to everyone else. Forum Moderator Sally moved it to drama hole because well, it's drama that's not even got a point of existing as Clarky wasn't staff.

It got moved out of drama hole by someone for the drama to be continued by a CM member for no reason other than to try and out Clarky. So why was that drama allowed, but often opinions on how things are being handled not?[/quote]

CeeZee there's always improvements to be made and we have done so much to improve transparency and interaction over the last year so lets not forget all the hard work the staff have done. Despite the issues ZARP still is and remains by far the most transparent and fair community out there. And if you don't believe that then you are free to go and see how things operate in another community.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Chuteuk.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273543

Chuteuk wrote:

CeeZee there's always improvements to be made and we have done so much to improve transparency and interaction over the last year so lets not forget all the hard work the staff have done. Despite the issues ZARP still is and remains by far the most transparent and fair community out there. And if you don't believe that then you are free to go and see how things operate in another community.

So your response to my questions about being more transparent and allowing people to see the conversations you seem to be always having on an un-recordable platform is to ignore my question and tell me to look at other communities?

If there's always improvements to be made, why is this not one of them that could be? If it's so transparent and fair why is a suggestion of being able to record and document these apparent fair conversations being sidelined and more than likely declined, when it would benefit the staff team the most if that was the case?
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273546

CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

So your response to my questions about being more transparent and allowing people to see the conversations you seem to be always having on an un-recordable platform is to ignore my question and tell me to look at other communities?

If there's always improvements to be made, why is this not one of them that could be? If it's so transparent and fair why is a suggestion of being able to record and document these apparent fair conversations being sidelined and more than likely declined, when it would benefit the staff team the most if that was the case?

We'd love to give people the opportunity to feel like they can have conversations without the need to record them, as unfortunately we cannot allow recording on Teamspeak without the consent of everyone in the channel due to legal reasons. If someone would like to record a conversation on Teamspeak, they are welcome to ask everyone in the channel if they are okay with it, and if they all are, then they are allowed to record (it is clearly stated in the recording rule that it is allowed if you have the consent of everyone present at the time).

Of course, it is massively preferable not to have this be the case, and if people do feel like they need to record a conversation they're having with the Community Team we would like to know why this is so that we can potentially work on this, since making people feel like this is not our aim at all. If we take the example of when Chute got narexa onto Teamspeak to discuss his Discord punishment with him, Chute's intention was to help narexa out and see what could be done to get the punishment removed (prior to the discussion, Chute had been in support of removing the punishment). When we get people onto Teamspeak to talk, it is because we want to help out and see what we can do.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by TheXnator.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273547

CeeZee wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Thats a bit extreme CeeZee the vast majority infact more than 99.99% of posts and threads in our database have gone on without being deleted or sidelined to the drama hole. TeamSpeak is a viable option its just really weird to pretend its a bad place to come and discuss things honestly that idea just doesn't make sense when we've been using it for years without issue. And of course we've had dozens of discussions elsewhere too.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273548

Fully in support about the teamspeak thing but could discord become an option? Due to a mix up on my last ban I got ip banned and cannot be unbanned from teamspeak so when I get told to come onto teamspeak it feels like a slap in the face because of a staff messing up my ban. I have had multiple things I would like to speak about but I feel like my options are next to nothing due to the fact I cannot get onto teamspeak without a vpn, I read about can't respond to everything but its not a one time thing. I have requested help multiple times and I get ignored INCLUDING a situation when I WAS CONTACTED FIRST about an issue (related to my denied reasoning). Then the next time I tried to reach out to this staff member over a ban I got a link to "contact us" so thats 2 accounts with one staff member when I used the only option to reach out and multiple with another both of which blocked me so I could not contact them. Ive put all that in the past because I had no way to report it so gave up but the point im trying to make is to have a hidden discord channel to use in the same way teamspeak is used to contact and speak to the leadteam.

Second part of this is "We'd love to give people the opportunity to feel like they can have conversations without the need to record them" The reason why people feel like they have to is not to catch out a staff member but to defend themselves. Without recording a person may not have said anything that actually breaks TOU/Rules but the staff member they are talking to heard something they personally didnt like and unfairly blocks/removes/bans/kicks/etc the person trying to have a discussion, if you hadn't noticed this is like the second time I've commented on all of this because I have genuine concern that what I say would be taken and twisted into "breaking TOU" Which I know I have not. I don't want to go as far as "living in fear" but having to quadruple check everything said isn't fun and 49/50 I end up just not saying anything at all which I don't feel like is healthy for a community when actual criticism is needed at times. Of course some stuff is a no go such as blatant insults. I don't have much to suggest apart from a discord room to speak and certain staff members to just chill out a bit when its something they should take and reflect on instead of punishing because they didn't like to hear what they did wrong.

I also would like everyone who has taken the time to read my post, and I would also very very much like Xnator to watch it. (please note this is not be attacking you but I have had issues with you in the past, although I have put them behind I know a lot of people have issues with you but I think if you can understand where im coming from this is truly to help you and help everyone else from your own self improvement. The choice is yours, you can ignore what im saying although im trying to help you so everyone can benefit or you can ban me on the spot or you can take what im saying and watch this 3 min video and self improve. I hope you pick option to and it makes everything better for everyone, yourself included)

Video (most important part of my post)

• Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Indiana Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Kemi, MichaeI

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273554

Evilstewie that was an amazing post, very long but that's okay. You got your point across. I do have to agree with him as well, talking through teamspeak is great but people should be able to be open to using alternatives if one of the two parties is not willing to use either platform. One can do private discord calls or just have a chat over text, it really is not that much different than using TS (yes that goes both ways).

Everyone should be allowed to speak their minds, provided it is not filled with slurs, hate, or otherwise non-constructive feedback of course. One should not be afraid to get hate for posting something constructive, even if it is negative towards someone. Sometimes it is better for something negative to be said than for it never to be said. I understand no one wants to be "attacked", but pointing out someones flaws or an issue in a system or policy is ultimately the best way to help improve upon it. By providing criticism and feedback one can make an attempt to improve as seeing what is wrong with yourself, or with something that you created is extremely difficult (even so, the former is much harder than the latter).

However it must be said that all parties involved are willing to work together to improve upon it. With one half working for it and another working against it you ultimately get nowhere. But! That rant aside, I do agree that there should be a room that is hidden away in Discord, one where the community team can have a chat with someone if they are unwilling or otherwise unable to use Teamspeak.

And if someone really wants to bring something to light, or they have a real issue they are free to contact me and I'll try to help formulate a suggestion (when applicable) or am otherwise (if it makes sense and if I agree with their standpoint, of course) willing to represent them and pose their idea for them through TeamSpeak or Discord.

Don't make me regret that last one :dry:
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Kemi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273558

DANlEL wrote:
Kemi wrote:
Evilstewie that was an amazing post, very long but that's okay.
im glad you forgave him for writing a long post

I went out of my way to remove and chuck my enter key out the window when typing longer posts only picked it up after I hit submit :)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kemi

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273559

Kemi wrote:
Evilstewie that was an amazing post, very long but that's okay. You got your point across. I do have to agree with him as well, talking through teamspeak is great but people should be able to be open to using alternatives if one of the two parties is not willing to use either platform. One can do private discord calls or just have a chat over text, it really is not that much different than using TS (yes that goes both ways).

Everyone should be allowed to speak their minds, provided it is not filled with slurs, hate, or otherwise non-constructive feedback of course. One should not be afraid to get hate for posting something constructive, even if it is negative towards someone. Sometimes it is better for something negative to be said than for it never to be said. I understand no one wants to be "attacked", but pointing out someones flaws or an issue in a system or policy is ultimately the best way to help improve upon it. By providing criticism and feedback one can make an attempt to improve as seeing what is wrong with yourself, or with something that you created is extremely difficult (even so, the former is much harder than the latter).

However it must be said that all parties involved are willing to work together to improve upon it. With one half working for it and another working against it you ultimately get nowhere. But! That rant aside, I do agree that there should be a room that is hidden away in Discord, one where the community team can have a chat with someone if they are unwilling or otherwise unable to use Teamspeak.

And if someone really wants to bring something to light, or they have a real issue they are free to contact me and I'll try to help formulate a suggestion (when applicable) or am otherwise (if it makes sense and if I agree with their standpoint, of course) willing to represent them and pose their idea for them through TeamSpeak or Discord.

Don't make me regret that last one :dry:

We do actually have such a channel, and have used it in the past to talk with people who have been banned or otherwise unable/unwilling to come and talk with us via Teamspeak, but some people do also decline this offer as well (such as when Chute attempted to chat with Studio Banter about the issues he was having last night via Discord).

If people do want to talk via voice on Discord, then of course we're also open to that, but the recording point does stand for Discord as well (of course, still fine if consent is given by everyone who is present). Whilst it is easier for us to talk with people via Teamspeak given that it's the platform we're usually online on and are more familiar with, we do understand that the opposite is often the case for some people, but what I want to make clear is that if someone would rather chat on Discord instead of Teamspeak, the best way to go about it is by asking if Discord is okay rather than what we've had a lot of, which is people laughing at or trying to ridicule us for asking them to come on Teamspeak.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273561

TheXnator wrote:

We do actually have such a channel, and have used it in the past to talk with people who have been banned or otherwise unable/unwilling to come and talk with us via Teamspeak, but some people do also decline this offer as well (such as when Chute attempted to chat with Studio Banter about the issues he was having last night via Discord).

If people do want to talk via voice on Discord, then of course we're also open to that, but the recording point does stand for Discord as well (of course, still fine if consent is given by everyone who is present). Whilst it is easier for us to talk with people via Teamspeak given that it's the platform we're usually online on and are more familiar with, we do understand that the opposite is often the case for some people, but what I want to make clear is that if someone would rather chat on Discord instead of Teamspeak, the best way to go about it is by asking if Discord is okay rather than what we've had a lot of, which is people laughing at or trying to ridicule us for asking them to come on Teamspeak

You must forgive me, it is awesome to hear such a channel exists! Just going off of what I currently do know I am not currently in the ZARP Discord so I would not know, and I'm glad you guys thought about it, and are open and willing to use Discord instead of Teamspeak (I never meant to say that you guys are not, I was just stating my opinion).

I completely understand the recording business it is a weird thing (both legally and in general) to know that someone can be recorded out of nowhere, I hate it myself if someone even posts a copy of a message I sent, I tend to try and keep things confidential all the time when they are in DM's.

And for your last part: I wholeheartedly agree, if you wish to get somewhere when dealing with something you should always ask if an alternative is available when you or another person is uncomfortable using a certain platform or service.

And I wanted to put my opinion out there in general about giving feedback and such as per the original purpose of the thread, I did not intend to reference or otherwise associate my comment with Studio's and Chute's conversation. Sorry if that was unclear.
Evilstewie wrote:
I went out of my way to remove and chuck my enter key out the window when typing longer posts only picked it up after I hit submit
Well, here I was wanting to edit my post saying I was happy to see you paragraphed things, also long post = good yes.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Kemi.

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273566

Read my signature
  • h0meless
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 169
BOW BEFORE YOUR DICTATOR

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273572

caisozavur wrote:
Read my signature

Can't believe Richard once spilled fruit punch on his custom tailored suit :lol:
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, OnionRings, Indiana Jones, Killa Kappa

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273573

ChuteUK lowkey 500% more active this week just got the eco report

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273640

honestly a bit ridiculous that any of this chute/studio drama happened in the first place? Like it could've been prevented so easily, why didn't you just talk to him about it there??
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273642

Chuteuk wrote:
caisozavur wrote:
Read my signature

Can't believe Richard once spilled fruit punch on his custom tailored suit :lol:
IT WAS CUSTOM TAILORED MAN :(
  • h0meless
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 169
BOW BEFORE YOUR DICTATOR

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273646

MICHAELL wrote:
honestly a bit ridiculous that any of this chute/studio drama happened in the first place? Like it could've been prevented so easily, why didn't you just talk to him about it there??
Exactly like there is literally no reason whatsoever for ChuteUK not to talk to him on Discord. And according to Studio, ChuteUK left the call purely due to Studio typing instead of using his mic? So if he had no mic he would just not be able to make the report? It seems like a clear attempt at trolling Studio and there are several examples of ChuteUK trolling members of the community in the past too.

[EDIT] Also how tf is "TOU" alone still being given as a ban reason that is so lazy and unprofessional.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Denis. Reason: See post
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273650

Denis wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Exactly like there is literally no reason whatsoever for ChuteUK not to talk to him on Discord. And according to Studio, ChuteUK left the call purely due to Studio typing instead of using his mic? So if he had no mic he would just not be able to make the report? It seems like a clear attempt at trolling Studio and there are several examples of ChuteUK trolling members of the community in the past too.

[EDIT] Also how tf is "TOU" alone still being given as a ban reason that is so lazy and unprofessional.[/quote

bit childish considering who its coming from
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

My opinion on this current "no opinions" drama... 3 years 7 months ago #1273672

TheXnator wrote:

How can I decline an offer I was never offered in the first place? Since joining Zarp Discord I was never told of this hidden channel. It's teamspeak, teamspeak, teamspeak - if you cared about Discord, why didn't none of you notify me of this channel? The first message I got from Chute, as seen in the DMs, is to install Teamspeak.

Other messages I get?

Source: Zarp Public Discord

Show me proof.

In the end it doesn't matter, unless it's voice chat.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Studio Banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

205 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop