Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What made you stay?

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105376

As a first, im glad you're actually asking the community. But i think the economy is to far to add new stuff. I'd suggest we need to focus on bringing the money down thats currently on the server. The easiest way is probably to nerf the suits and change the way you can get obtain a suit. But doing so will get alot of players mad.
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735
Login or register to post a reply.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105383

I would like to thank everyone who has put time into suggesting things for the community. We now know that people do care about what happens but never really suggested anything but nothing *would* have happened and this was a massive oversite in what we were doing beforehand.

I will be looking through them all later on and we will present some of the meta changing ideas that we have had and see if you agree on them.

Thanks
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, h0meless

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105384

I can probably speak for a lot of the community by saying the competition between gangs made the server interesting to play. This along with the items unique to just this server (Special weapons, suits etc) made me feel like i had something to work towards. I joined at the end of December 2016, probably mid way through the Christmas update because a friend (Wizard) recommended that we play here. We logged on, ran over to crack house into the building that is now the elevator base, and slapped down some printers. We were probably there for like 5 minutes before someone came over and raided us. Once they found out that we had just started however, they placed down a full set of VIP printers. This is probably the main reason i joined back the next day. Nowadays, though, players are too hostile with the new players. It also doesn't help that the new players can't fight the more experienced (richer, because experience does nothing on Zarp anymore) players because of the huge gap between weapons available at the start and at the end of the, i suppose you could say, progression system the server has to offer.

I do agree that there should be some kind of motive to keep playing and progressing towards a goal, but i also believe there should be less of a gap between the rich and the poor. This as a whole would likely decrease the amount of hostility towards the newer players. Another thing i think would help newer players along would be a visualisation of how far they have progressed. Maybe there could be some sort of "checklist system" that new players would have access to which marks an item off the list once complete. I'm fairly sure Rust added something like this for this exact reason. Think of it as more of a step-by-step guide for new players to help them get started.

Gangs. The gang system needs to be reworked. How about instead of the leaderboard basing the rankings off of the amount of money/upgrades a gang has, and instead how much gang loot they have collected. I also believe that there should be a change to how gang loot is obtained. Instead of every gang in the server dropping gang loot from their items, make it so that only gangs with, say 3, gang upgrades or more would drop gang loot. This gives players more of an incentive to raid bigger gangs for the higher ranking on the leaderboard. I know this could be abused, but if players are doing that, they probably don't deserve to be playing on the server because they're taking all the fun out of the system.

Anyways, that's just my two cents on the situation. Thanks for spending the time to read this.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1169

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105386

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

On the idea of gangs would you agree that gang loot from higher gangs that is spawned should come out of the gang so that it actually means something to raid a gang with gang loot. Meaning that if you raid a gang with a large amount it will take 5k out of their gang loot and make it so it spawns maybe 5.2k gang loot on the floor so that you can pick it up?
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105388

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Bunnyslippers69 wrote:

On the idea of gangs would you agree that gang loot from higher gangs that is spawned should come out of the gang so that it actually means something to raid a gang with gang loot. Meaning that if you raid a gang with a large amount it will take 5k out of their gang loot and make it so it spawns maybe 5.2k gang loot on the floor so that you can pick it up?

Sounds like a great idea to me. That would make people want to go after the higher up gangs, which can only be a good thing in my eyes.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105391

Mr Red X wrote:
i used to actually love playing zarp everyday grinding day by day winning some cash raiding some banks also some nukes but since nikoo and sam and some of my friends like stopped playing and nuking it started to be borning when jack bushross and his fellow gamers nukes there is legit nothing you can do about it and i mean it unless you got a gang in your back and have some expensive items to risk but there isn't anyone who does sadly
, with the release of the mummy suit i started losing hopes in nuking and raiding nukes suits prices went up as hell jugg 1bil 800mil ... no gang to have a war or even try to stop jack bushross from nuking only some few ppl like red_ ect...
i suggest making suits commons or even craftable like 10 scu or maybe crafting cases ect ect...
Thats why Broccoli existed
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105415

Having DEADMONSTOR as Owner
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105463

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who has put time into suggesting things for the community. We now know that people do care about what happens but never really suggested anything but nothing *would* have happened and this was a massive oversite in what we were doing beforehand.

I will be looking through them all later on and we will present some of the meta changing ideas that we have had and see if you agree on them.

Thanks
Does this also mean that if the community does not agree with changes they will be reverted? or will we have to wait 2 years and 2 community polls to change it back.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105491

Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Thanks
Does this also mean that if the community does not agree with changes they will be reverted? or will we have to wait 2 years and 2 community polls to change it back.
I doubt the mummy is going to be removed when to be fair most people don't even want it in the game, including people who own it.
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Orang3. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105492

Cookiezi wrote:
Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Thanks
I doubt the mummy is going to be removed when to be fair most people don't even want it in the game, including people who owes it

Removed no but I will nerf it to a state that people will like playing with it and like playing against it
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105494

AFKminer wrote:
time to reset, yes?

Reset will never happen and you wouldn't even like it if it happen
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DEADMONSTOR.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105500

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Cookiezi wrote:
Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Thanks
I doubt the mummy is going to be removed when to be fair most people don't even want it in the game, including people who owes it

Removed no but I will nerf it to a state that people will like playing with it and like playing against it
where did i say i wanted the mummy to be removed?
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105501

Promise of Murder 2, like the frick?
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105502

Eric Ericson wrote:

I guess that was suggested due to the word "reverted"

Wolfi wrote:

You were promised that by someone who didn't win the race to CM.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfi

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105509

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Wolfi wrote:

You were promised that by someone who didn't win the race to CM.

Can I change my vote?
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Wolfi.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105512

By far, the most fun period of time for me HAS to be 2017 summer with the mega 3 months or whatever, when items were massively abundant and the playing fields were relatively level. I didn't even play properly but it was knowing that I could very easily just hop on and play and be able to get up to a similar level as everyone else very quickly.

The server thrives most when there's actually some items in the economy, and I'm sure most people can agree that it isn't fun to be sat there for weeks on end trying to buy an item just to be able to contend with others.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja, OxyFoxy

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105515

SorIe wrote:
By far, the most fun period of time for me HAS to be 2017 summer with the mega 3 months or whatever, when items were massively abundant and the playing fields were relatively level. I didn't even play properly but it was knowing that I could very easily just hop on and play and be able to get up to a similar level as everyone else very quickly.

The server thrives most when there's actually some items in the economy, and I'm sure most people can agree that it isn't fun to be sat there for weeks on end trying to buy an item just to be able to contend with others.
Yeah, ontop of that, the suit odds probably need to be buffed from all cases (maybe except skull) to have more suits enter the economy. Booster updates also have to be put out more frequently to get these items in.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1021
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105522

SorIe wrote:

I can agree i had the most fun in 2017 summer
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105525

Probs memories
  • Tonnyy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BuyWargame:Red Dragon+EU4
  • Thanks received: 106

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1105584

SorIe wrote:

This, Azgeda #1 tbh
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

204 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun