Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What made you stay?

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105587

Okay so for the past 5 hours I have been looking through your guy's suggestions as well as being on the server as a new account. I can fully support what most of you are saying in this situation and something is going to have to happen. I have noticed some pretty blaring issues to do with balancing and we have just left old features to rot because there has been nothing updated about them for years. So this is what I am going to do:

Suits/New Players: There needs to be a different item between suits and normal players to try and close the gap that even regular suits are having at the moment. I think drugs fit this area nicely and I will be looking into some temporary drug effects that you could sell/make/buy from other players. I think cucking these in someone's inventory would be a great idea and would make a "new player" be able to catch up to people with suits and actually allow them to kill them. That being said if you have any suggestions on what drugs should be added then please do tell me.

Gluon gun: The gluon gun after looking at it was broken for ages and due to the new tick rate change has actually made it a lot more OP. What it was before was there was a certain amount of damage applied every tick meaning that when we changed the tick rate that damage was increased by a lot. I have fixed the issue where the delay on the item is now working and should feel a lot like the old gluon gun.
Before: tick rate * dmg 
After: (tick rate * delay) * amount

Map: We have noticed that you do not want the current maps that are on the other servers(S2, S3) we agree with this and we will look into different maps for these maps look out for a vote on that later on.

Rares item store: New items will be added and prices changed.

Suits: I 100% agree that some suits are way too overpowered and we are looking at ways to improve things that we will be talking about in the future will be the EVO f3 change and a mummy change as these require no actual "skill" and have no cooldown's. We have also seen that the ACS is very unpowered this will be fixed.

New weapons: I am going to chuck a few more guns on the gun dealer as well as this suggestion https://zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-issues/142466-ssrp-fbi-weapon-suggestion-v2

Drug dealer: Drugs were one of the places that were left to rot. We will look into ways to possibly let it make more money

Character upgrades: When was the last one of these released I don't have a clue. The new weapons could have some new ones but we have to be careful on balance. This would also act as a money sink because everyone would have to buy them

Gangs: At the moment the gangs are a massive cluster fuck and the leaderboards are who has the biggest balls to put the most money into the gang. Let's change that and make it require skill so it will be ordered by gang loot and gang loot will be obtained printing it or killing other peoples printers and that will come out of their gang itself. My question to you is that do you want me to reset the current look that is on the server or leave it there and you did *earn* it. This being said there needs to be a way to ally people in gang ;)

Events: I think monthly events or something to look forward to and grind that month would be a great idea but I Need more time to think about that one.

NPCs: They are currently pretty much useless and have nothing that you want. Let's change that and get rid of some money at the same time. My idea is that you can buy *some* items from an NPC let me know what you think of that.

Inventory Space: I have increased the base inventory space not 100% sure on the whole buying inventory space idea but if you wanna say anything on that I am open

We are sorry that the communication between us and the community has been bad. We are looking forward to seeing what you have for the server.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800
Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by DEADMONSTOR.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, OnionRings, h0meless, SorIe, Rick Townsend and 4 more...

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105590

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank you for really listening to the community, i see you being Owner has really benefited us.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy, Spicy

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105591

Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Cookiezi wrote:
Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who has put time into suggesting things for the community. We now know that people do care about what happens but never really suggested anything but nothing *would* have happened and this was a massive oversite in what we were doing beforehand.

I will be looking through them all later on and we will present some of the meta changing ideas that we have had and see if you agree on them.

Thanks
Does this also mean that if the community does not agree with changes they will be reverted? or will we have to wait 2 years and 2 community polls to change it back.
I doubt the mummy is going to be removed when to be fair most people don't even want it in the game, including people who owes it

Removed no but I will nerf it to a state that people will like playing with it and like playing against it
where did i say i wanted the mummy to be removed?
He responded to Tama not you lol
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11872

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105596

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
we dont deserve you
legit the best owner ive seen
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by DEADMONSTOR.

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105605

How bout making character upgrades untradeable. Would mean more people would have to craft them for themselves and so the money in the economy would also go down. Perhaps add tiers to the upgrades so the more you have, the better effect the upgrade has. For example, with one upgrade, the scope boost would to 1.25x dmg, but with 4 would do the double damage that we have now. Just an idea, don't have the time to think about it more.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1186

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105609

The best money drain possible would be allowing the purchase of inventory space. If you made 1 inventory space, 1 mil or 2 mil people would spend money on it. If you think about it 1k inventory space is a bil. Inventory space is also one of those things that doesn't actually affect the economy in any way. It's just a nice thing to have. On top of that, it's not like anyone really buys booster packs solely for inventory space.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1023
Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Jaden..
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Jeppe, OxyFoxy

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105612

Big wall of text alert!!! [ Click to expand ]

It is insane the amount of love you have been showing the community as it's starting to slow down in terms of new players actually choosing to join the community and stay, you doing this sort of stuff is bound to change that and increase that number again. You are the hero we need but don't deserve.
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Inventory Space: I have increased the base inventory space not 100% sure on the whole buying inventory space idea but if you wanna say anything on that I am open

Regarding this, I don't know if you are aiming this at my suggestion about buying a 1 time character upgrade which would allow players to get a slight increase in inventory space. But if you weren't, I do have one of them kicking around somewhere. I guess by accepting this suggestion you could kill two birds with one stone by creating a minor money sink for a new character upgrade and also creating a buff for peoples inventory space.

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...r-upgrade-suggestion
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11872

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105640

AFKminer wrote:
time to reset, yes?

It's easy to just say that and even I want it to happen but that risks losing a whole community... A lot of people that play SSRP are playing because of the pure fact they have a lot of money plus they've spent real life money on booster packs...
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105704

JMT Rankin wrote:
Orang3 wrote:
AFKminer wrote:
time to reset, yes?

It's easy to just say that and even I want it to happen but that risks losing a whole community... A lot of people that play SSRP are playing because of the pure fact they have a lot of money plus they've spent real life money on booster packs...

if this happens, what will happen to the people that spends years making money but then the economy resets and then they get nothing back but 100k.
You don't never need to argue about that, the economy will never be reset.

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105734

What made me stay? The fact that once you get going and are a part of a gang that is unstoppable you get a good feeling.

No it was purely the fact lots of people i knew played it and I didn’t know about perp then :)
  • JakeTheDog_
  • Gold Boarder
  • Silent March till the end
  • Thanks received: 310

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105798

9 Year Olds: I hav gud sugeston.

Suggestion [ Click to expand ]
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105806

being cucked by really expensive suits everytime I base...
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105809

Bhop
  • Taylor_
  • Legendary Member
  • (:
  • Thanks received: 866
✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Surf Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Super Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Prophunt Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Discord Administrator ✯
✯ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✯
✯ Ex Server Apps Section Mod ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Section Mod ✯

✯Steam✯

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105831

Gangs and basing.

IMO there needs to be more reason for people to base properly rather than just bases for nukes, and some way to encourage users to have big gang bases again, much like the old gang base that Brandify did around Christmas 2016 which was what originally got me into SSRP and made me stay there for a long time.

Nowadays, nobody really bases as much, as it is always one sided for raiding or defending based on the special weapons. Back then, there was more risk but also high reward for the base, since we had to all constantly be active to make sure that we would be able to defend the base, with most people being balanced in their defending/raiding, using only things like PSGs and a couple of special weapons.

Not saying that suits and specials are necessarily a bad thing and have stopped this (nostalgia effect ofc), however the balancing aspect of it is really needed. Not an unknown thing though, however it is of course easy to say "this needs to be changed", however it's a lot more difficult to actually think of ways to fix it.

Also the community itself. ZARP always stood out to me as a very unique community in the way that the community actually worked at a base level. Things have changed a lot since then, and IMO it isn't really as friendly as it was back then.
More of an internal issue to discuss though, so I won't go into detail on that issue here, but contact me on Discord/TS if you want to talk about it in detail.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by TheXnator.

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105832

Richard ngl
  • ArranAsh
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
  • Thanks received: 161

Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
My Discord: Ashy #7715
My Steam
My Wishlist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105842

ArranAsh wrote:
Richard ngl

???????

richard is a push factor not a pull factor
  • Taylor_
  • Legendary Member
  • (:
  • Thanks received: 866
✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Surf Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Super Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Prophunt Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Discord Administrator ✯
✯ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✯
✯ Ex Server Apps Section Mod ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Section Mod ✯

✯Steam✯
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105843

ummmmm friendly community (now rarely)
  • Zikinan
  • Banned
  • Are you sure about That
  • Thanks received: 20

Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Zikinan.

What made you stay? 5 years 6 days ago #1105860

Zikinan wrote:
ummmmm friendly community (now rarely)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

What made you stay? 5 years 5 days ago #1105885

Suggestion: Buff Default Printers (VIP Printers and normal printers)
With all the new items etc, I think it would be good.
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin

What made you stay? 5 years 5 days ago #1105964

bigwhal wrote:
Suggestion: Buff Default Printers (VIP Printers and normal printers)
With all the new items etc, I think it would be good.
This will cause more problems we don't need more money we need ways to remove it
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

245 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1