SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358542

MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

You had two homophobic/racist incidents in the span of 3 weeks which obviously isn't great but you also haven't gotten your time in more than a month which also doesn't look great. Its kind of surprising that you weren't demoted at least to admin after your second incident. Although you should have been demoted originally, this was terribly handled.

I was on inactivity in July aswell because I was finishing my educaiton.
However, here's some food for thought:

First, I recognize that I shouldn't have used the F slur on TTT, however, when the admin fails to protect the players from homophobia/transphobia/discrimination, and holds back from warning 4 people that were doing that, you have to take some matters into your own hands and try dealing with the harassment :) Me and 3 of my friends were harassed, and the admin did nothing but warn me instantly (without a verbal), and just letting those 4 other guys go (Where Zoe had to report one of them on forums).

Second of all, most people didn't get their time, nor the people who were just AFK farming time actually helped the server get any players - so that clearly wasn't efficient. I even got told a couple of times that it is fine, it's just that the server is pretty dead atm.

Lastly, as someone who got an insane amount of posts deleted, and officially warned for harassing their fellow staff members, and continuing a terrible attitude - I wouldn't be calling out someone who had apologized for their wrong and very minor actions already, because that would be very hypocritical... or maybe it's just me? :pray:

Although I was out of line, what you said is not what a lead team member should be doing. You are suppose to set an example, and while I had massive issues with my school, what I did about 3 months ago was still completely out of line and I have apologised for that.

Also that admin that you blame for "failing to protect the players" was the only admin on at the time and had told us that he was overwhelmed and didn't hear everyone saying what people claimed they said. So you really can't fault the guy.

The main issue that I have is that the standard looks so low for the Murder LT, when one of the lead team members can be both racist and homophobic within 3 weeks and not get demoted. I've see people just finish a racist word with the last letter and be fully demoted.

Just like I said, I definitely think you should have been demoted to admin at the very least at the time of your sanction, however the situation was handled awfully and you shouldn't have been demoted last Sunday because the onenote should have been checked.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Vodka4Gaben.

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358546

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

You had two homophobic/racist incidents in the span of 3 weeks which obviously isn't great but you also haven't gotten your time in more than a month which also doesn't look great. Its kind of surprising that you weren't demoted at least to admin after your second incident. Although you should have been demoted originally, this was terribly handled.

First, I recognize that I shouldn't have used the F slur on TTT, however, when the admin fails to protect the players from homophobia/transphobia/discrimination, and holds back from warning 4 people that were doing that, you have to take some matters into your own hands and try dealing with the harassment :) Me and 3 of my friends were harassed, and the admin did nothing but warn me instantly (without a verbal), and just letting those 4 other guys go (Where Zoe had to report one of them on forums).

Second of all, most people didn't get their time, nor the people who were just AFK farming time actually helped the server get any players - so that clearly wasn't efficient. I even got told a couple of times that it is fine, it's just that the server is pretty dead atm.

Lastly, as someone who got an insane amount of posts deleted, and officially warned for harassing their fellow staff members, and continuing a terrible attitude - I wouldn't be calling out someone who had apologized for their wrong and very minor actions already, because that would be very hypocritical... or maybe it's just me? :pray:

Although I was out of line, what you said is not what a lead team member should be doing. You are suppose to set an example, and while I had massive issues with my school, what I did about 3 months ago was still completely out of line and I have apologised for that.

Also that admin that you blame for "failing to protect the players" was the only admin on at the time and had told us that he was overwhelmed and didn't hear everyone saying what people claimed they said. So you really can't fault the guy.

The main issue that I have is that the standard looks so low for the Murder LT, when one of the lead team members can be both racist and homophobic within 3 weeks and not get demoted. I've see people just finish a racist word with the last letter and be fully demoted.

I thought your deleted posts were like a week ago and not 3 months ago?
And as an admin it shouldn't be that hard hearing 4 people say the f and t slurs continuously...
Standards seem so low :/
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dexter Morgan >
  • Thanks received: 2488
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe, chiki

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358547

Hey Ravine!
After DMing Joshua about the forum post. He said he'll look at it when he has a little more time.
This may take a while but you aren't guaranteed an answer for now.

Thanks for waiting!
  • Kubafx1234
  • Senior Boarder
  • Obama hamburger sussy balls
  • Thanks received: 78

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358549

MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

And as an admin it shouldn't be that hard hearing 4 people say the f and t slurs continuously...
I was told they were deleted for not being constructive, that's nothing to do with my attitude as I havent done anything out of line for months.

Also when multiple people speak at the same time you can't know for sure who said the slur which I very likely what happened.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Vodka4Gaben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anonymized359739

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358550

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

I was told they were deleted for not being constructive, that's nothing to do with my attitude as I havent done anything out of line for months.

Can yous both just stfu bitching at each other :pray:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Muha, KrypticOG, Pie_, Vodka4Gaben and 6 more...

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358551

Kubafx1234 wrote:
Hey Ravine!
After DMing Joshua about the forum post. He said he'll look at it when he has a little more time.
This may take a while but you aren't guaranteed an answer for now.

Thanks for waiting!

Very kind of you! I'll have to wait until Sunday though! :)
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dexter Morgan >
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358552

:plussp:
This punishment was bs #freemygirl
  • Rose
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • lol
  • Thanks received: 224
Ex-Murder Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Skippergroe

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358553

Unacceptable :angry:

:plussp:
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358554

OnionRings wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

Fucker beat me to it
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 881

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358555

:minussp: should've cancelled your vacation and spent 5 hours a week in spectator mode
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, MsRevine, Pie_, Vodka4Gaben, Poltergeist and 2 more...

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358556

OnionRings wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:
Shieeet

Who are you again?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 586
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358557

Just a few things, for starters I wasn’t at the meeting when you were demoted as I was at work. Anyways, when we dragged you in about the racism incident you didn’t apologize. You said "I didnt mean it like that but I'll give it to you", at no point did you say you were sorry for your actions. On top of that I completely find it unfair that you’re criticizing about professionalism, when you said homophobic slurs on TTT due to the other person saying discriminatory things first. We also gave you a break on that one, we didn’t punish you for what happened on TTT, because we understood that you and your friends were being harassed. These reasons sort of play into why the sanction was given to you and why you were expected to fulfill it. All in all we’ve been pretty lenient in my opinion. I agree that someone didn’t read the OneNote, but at the very least let’s be fair about this.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2316
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, Muha, Hellsdevil, Vodka4Gaben, Anonymized359739 and 2 more...

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358558

CEO of Business wrote:
Just a few things, for starters I wasn’t at the meeting when you were demoted as I was at work. Anyways, when we dragged you in about the racism incident you didn’t apologize. You said "I didnt mean it like that but I'll give it to you", at no point did you say you were sorry for your actions. On top of that I completely find it unfair that you’re criticizing about professionalism, when you said homophobic slurs on TTT due to the other person saying discriminatory things first. We also gave you a break on that one, we didn’t punish you for what happened on TTT, because we understood that you and your friends were being harassed. These reasons sort of play into why the sanction was given to you and why you were expected to fulfill it. All in all we’ve been pretty lenient in my opinion. I agree that someone didn’t read the OneNote, but at the very least let’s be fair about this.

I remember clearly I said "I didn't mean it that way, but I'll give it to you. Im sorry" ?? some people can vouch for that too. However, I did say that I understand that part, so I don't know why would you be stuck on that.

I said this was handled in an unprofessional way, I didn't say the entire LT is unprofessional all the time. Also, it wasn't just the OneNote, it was 3 different platforms. Clearly I won't be getting 5 hours of activity when Im out of the country, with family whom I haven't seen for 2 years because of Covid. I refrain from being inappropriate on Zarp as requested in the sanction during my time away tho :)

EDIT: Richard and I talked aswell and I told him I would be careful next time with my jokes and I said sorry for causing trouble personally too :)
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dexter Morgan >
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by MsRevine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, Skippergroe, chiki

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358559

deserved
  • finlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 197

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358561

maybe re apply woman
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 295

[MURDER] Demotion Appeal 2 years 8 months ago #1358563

Wow… this remind me of the time when I was falsely webtauntmu-

:support:

This is very poor staffing from the higher-up LT members. You clearly said that you were going on inactivity for a very appropriate reason, and you then got punished for being inactive…. bruh. That’s the same as saying “do you want anything” to your girlfriend, and she says “no” and you actually don’t get her anything, and she gets mad at you for not buying something because she thinks you’ll get her something anyway… poor judgement from the LT.

However I’m not too sure about you being racist and not apologising… but I won’t comment on it as it’s already being discussed by staff.

Good luck anyway!
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator