Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Server 2 Map Poll

Rockford V2 57 26.1%
Evocity V33X 32 14.7%
Evilmelon 24 11%
Bloc42 105 48.2%
Total number of voters: 218 ( topkek, Nate, Kaiwaii, william286, Milankov ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Server 2 Map Poll

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286174

RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:
How possibly hard can it be to fix Bloc42?

It needs to be decompiled and then everything fixed that didn't decompile correctly and then the issue with the mines and then recompiled. I for one wouldn't be wasting my time of doing that and by the sounds of it neither is Emp.

Then there is still the matter of everyone's bases getting rkt by the special weapons which will not be changed at all.

Red fixing Bloc42 is not as troublesome as you think. The bases will get rekt on all maps, besides why don't you make server 2 without special weapons, there are a lot of people like myself who really enjoy basing without those weapons.

I'm sure the player base will increase if Bloc42 becomes the new map and special weapons are removed :)
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
The topic has been locked.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286176

DarthVader wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:

It needs to be decompiled and then everything fixed that didn't decompile correctly and then the issue with the mines and then recompiled. I for one wouldn't be wasting my time of doing that and by the sounds of it neither is Emp.

Then there is still the matter of everyone's bases getting rkt by the special weapons which will not be changed at all.

Red fixing Bloc42 is not as troublesome as you think. The bases will get rekt on all maps, besides why don't you make server 2 without special weapons, there are a lot of people like myself who really enjoy basing without those weapons.

I'm sure the player base will increase if Bloc42 becomes the new map and special weapons are removed :)
Meh, well I'm good with what ever wins really because I won't be the one to blame.

Special weapons won't ever be removed.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286179

Looks like bloc is not doing so well on game trackers

• ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286182

ParaMontana wrote:

Just because it's not doing well on other servers doesn't mean it won't do well on ZARP, and if I'm honest I couldn't care less if it's doing shit on other servers, as we won't be playing them other servers so they shouldn't affect our opinions of the map, or have any relevance for that matter.
Bloc42 was fantastic, and the only thing that can potentially ruin the somewhat 'rp-experience' is the special weapons that are added every update such as the hand cannon, the bases that are physically unraidable due to the amount of entities colliding causing the server to lag crazily and the amount of people that sit there afk printing.
  • FIZZAY
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • k1ng.
  • Thanks received: 253

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286183

ParaMontana wrote:

Thx para for the perfect example of having Bloc42. Everyone is getting tired of Rockford and as you can see, There are 2 servers that have Bloc42, so what happens when a popular gmod server like zarp is going to Bloc42? Variety. No more only those maps, but variety of playing between maps. Thx for this great example
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286185

ParaMontana wrote:

Para we already know this because most people took time to look in to stuff like that and not just want a map for their own needs. Just give it up already please only time will tell what happens and the end result. If it's turns out good then great and if it doesn't then you can join the call out thread but until then just put your time in to other things.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286191

To be honest the only reason I'm going to attempt to even fix bloc at all is because I like the map, but with the additions of new weapons it's not the map for us.

1 thundergun shot will blow up most bases on that map.

How fair is that to new players?

If new players know how to build, they can go on s1 and they can build a base that would be a lot harder to raid currently than it would be on Bloc.

Bloc's downfall will be because it's so condensed, and the buildings are way too small.
Every one of them.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286207

Hmmm I read all posts and i can think of a solution or an alternative or something like that.

We are discussing on this topic wich map is better etc. But why do the vote Immediatly without discussing it first?
I think we need a new poll cause after some disscussment we got alot of people who agree that is not the right map or agree that is the right map. We should have first discussed it AND after put a poll on it. I think everyone would like this idea right? Cause if we play a broken map, yeah that wont be really fun. And if the mines cant get fixed that means Staff will need to let 1 person stay 24/7 in the mine just to make sure no one is crashing the server.

So in my opinion here there should be a new poll.
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286209

Server 1 is gonna be new server 2 if Bloc wins which is fine.

Now the "We arent going to remove explosives", why not? Make a poll about it if you can see that its breaking the server.
  • Miro
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • saint lawrence boyz
  • Thanks received: 240

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286210

this is what happens when bloc is chosen
|
|
|
V
  • Sophia
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'll always be the last one standing
  • Thanks received: 775

if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist why isn't a racer called a racist?

Weeaboos, Otakus and Anime are the side effects of nuclear radiaton

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286211

you people beg for a map poll then get mad when the map you want is losing lol
  • Granny
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yo
  • Thanks received: 216
The following user(s) said Thank You: GmodTrolla

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286218

Gmod Troller wrote:
Rockford
The thing with Rockford, it's basically the only reason Server 2 became more popular it's the reason the economy went up so much. Once the Black Diamonds came out people just hid the printers in spots on the map and made money, I was here when the map was added, it was so fun for the first 3 weeks and then people just AFK printed all day. ( I know I sound hypocritical here as I am a victim of just AFK printing on this map as it is the only reason I started playing server 2 to gain an advantage in the economy so I can be rich. The map can effect Economy, server popularity, reasoning for playing and liking of the map in general including problems with bugs. Rockford is just to big in my opinion and can only be fun when huge crowds of people base or the joy of raiding and printing while making shit loads of money with little to no effort at all.

Evocity
Evocity is one of the most used maps in existence for the DarkRP gamemode, I feel we would have the same problem as Rockford, it is obviously going to have way to many bugs as it's such a big map, it will affect the popularity of the server as the Server 2 popularity will go up if people need to make money just by hiding or printing in a low key area of the map.

Evilmelon
Evilmelon is a fun map with little to no bugs, the map was a very good one for the server at the time and it made Server 2's popularity rise and attracted many people from Server 1 to play on Server 2. There is a few things about this map, basically it's used on almost every server just like Evocity and Downtown, but that shouldn't really affect the positives of this map such as there is a lot of potential for great base designs and making it a good map for raiding and tactical game play when raiding or defending and can serve a lot of purpose.

Block 42
Block 42 is a small/medium size map and has previously been used. It was swapped because of it becoming a map that had got boring for the community. I think that if we swapped the map there is potential for the same process to occur.

Server 2 Popularity Changes (Map based)

Rockford
If the map is kept at Rockford the Server 2 popularity will most likely stay where it is at until the community gets to the point of high level boredom and stops playing. If a player is looking to make money this is the reason to play on this map besides long range gameplay.
Evocity
Same as Rockford if the map is swapped there is a risk of players losing interest after a while or gaining interest, as this map hasn't been chosen for zarp yet it is hard to tell due to the unique gameplay and features of Zarps SSRP.
Evilmelon
The server 2 popularity is most likely to stay average, lower or even increase. It could stay as it is due to the map having a good interest for raiding, tactical gameplay and just overall classic fun, it can lower as the map at one point was asked to be changed multiple times due to a lot of people getting bored, it can increase because a lot of older players within the community generally enjoyed it but at the same time it got boring after a few hours of playing (maybe less)
Block42
The Server 2 popularity will most likely rise as majority of the community enjoyed the map back when it was here and for the people that weren't here when it was placed would have curiosity of the map and try it out by playing. The problem is after a while the server popularity could decrease do to boredom like the last time we had it here.

Economy wise

Rockford
The economy of overall SSRP will tend to keep rising due to effortless printing drug making etc. If we keep this map the economy will rise so much that people on the server will be able to afford so much in weeks time, after a while and having the privilege of having almost everything on the server and nothing else to accomplish people will tend to get bored and maybe quit playing or not play very often or as much.

Evocity
The same as Rockford but depending on knowledge of the map where people hide printers or common basing spots and faster ways to get places, it is unknown of what might happen, if it is easy to raid people the economy can rise/drop to normal levels due to people gaining money and losing money during raids, if the map tends to be to big and it's to much effort to raid people will tend to just afk print and gain loads of cash like Rockford, there is a lot of factors for this map due to it never previously being on one of the servers.

Evilmelon
The economy will most likely drop to the normal level of what it was before Rockford was here, as it is easy to find a base and raid it, it is also easy to hide printers and defend as the tactical game play and sniping/guard spots on this map are fun and reliable who knows what might happen as there is a lot of potential for the economy to rise, drop, or stay the way it is on this map due to us having server 1 at the same time.

Block42
The economy is most likely to have the same effect as evilmelon due to there being lots of places you can secretly guard from and base designs will be unique and can have potential for guarding, raiding etc. There is a wide range of possible occurrences for this map and I think it could have potential for the economy.
Look at what I replied with, it includes server popularity and economy problems. Lets stop arguing and just wait the discussion has been going on rapidly repeating the same things over and over.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tasty Lime#Wolfpack

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286230

Can't Cookie Monster reedit the mines?? Or can't someone get the original bloc files from him, so whoever edits it doesn't decompile the map?

The problem with the mines is that it has too many displacements, removing them and making a simpler mine should get rid of the bug...
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286245

RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Why put it in the map poll if you cant be bothered to edit it, not trying to be rude towards you and EMP, i know you two along with Chute put a shit-ton of work in, i just dont see the logic in putting Bloc in if you cant be bothered to change it.
  • Dallas.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • From a past time.
  • Thanks received: 153
Ex Dark RP Admin and Bank Robber

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286249

Hey guys I found a solution to the problem

Also here's a picture of the admin arenas on in the map:

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by exrobite.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286251

DarthVader wrote:
Can't Cookie Monster reedit the mines?? Or can't someone get the original bloc files from him, so whoever edits it doesn't decompile the map?

The problem with the mines is that it has too many displacements, removing them and making a simpler mine should get rid of the bug...

THE MAP MAKING LEGEND IS BACK.
I offer you 1 breath of air to fix bloc.
  • BigNoobUsername
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 274
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BigNoobUsername.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286254

Exrobite42 wrote:

I'm working on Porting the Server 1 Mines into Bloc.

No need to bloc it off ;)
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite, BigNoobUsername, DarthVader

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286255

Fennster4 wrote:
Exrobite42 wrote:

I'm working on Porting the Server 1 Mines into Bloc.

No need to bloc it off ;)

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286267

Saaaaarah wrote:
He-Man wrote:
As KapiJam is now resigned there is no need for me to contact him.
I feel like you can just wait this last hour and a half and come back with a better attitude.

Denied

Lock Please

It was me who asked for the ban to be given and I feel like the 4 day ban you got was extremely short, Just wait it out.
That was horrible....just keep pit blocd off or make it 42 inches bigger.

What the fuck how did I quote something from another post lol

That was meant for fennester pun. ;)
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by GmodTrolla.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286268

Exrobite wrote:
Well we're never gonna use it again, good to see someone loves it.
Hmm, That Made Me Think Exro. As We See Here, We Will Use It Again !! #Bloc42Love #Bloc42
  • HellForce
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pay 3.99$ To See This Text
  • Thanks received: 458
(OOC) Sam Townsend: HellForce more like ScamForce !
troublemaker: im rich enough to fuck mia khalifa
troublemaker: 5 times
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by HellForce.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

291 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf