Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Server 2 Map Poll

Rockford V2 57 26.1%
Evocity V33X 32 14.7%
Evilmelon 24 11%
Bloc42 105 48.2%
Total number of voters: 218 ( topkek, Nate, Kaiwaii, william286, Milankov ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Server 2 Map Poll

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286271

HellForce wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Well we're never gonna use it again, good to see someone loves it.
Hmm, That Made Me Think Exro. As We See Here, We Will Use It Again !! HYPE #Bloc42Love #Bloc42

Captain Capital, why'd you quote a post made so many posts ago?
  • Dallas.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • From a past time.
  • Thanks received: 153
Ex Dark RP Admin and Bank Robber

The topic has been locked.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286272

Dallas$ wrote:
HellForce wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Hmm, That Made Me Think Exro. As We See Here, We Will Use It Again !! HYPE #Bloc42Love #Bloc42

From a different thread lol
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286274

Dallas$ wrote:
HellForce wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

Why did you quote a quote of a post that was posted many posts ago. ;)
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286275

Dallas$ wrote:
HellForce wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Studio Banter.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286276

Thank you, seriously thank you.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286307

BuzzM42H wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
Looks like bloc is not doing so well on game trackers

Thx para for the perfect example of having Bloc42. Everyone is getting tired of Rockford and as you can see, There are 2 servers that have Bloc42, so what happens when a popular gmod server like zarp is going to Bloc42? Variety. No more only those maps, but variety of playing between maps. Thx for this great example
It would be awsome if it worked like that, but sadly it does not. I mentioned this is a suggestion thread but a fell known fact among the DarkRP community is alot of players only like very specific maps. Downtown(duh), Evocity, and Rockford. There is a reason why those maps are used to much, players recognize those maps and therefor they join the server. If we use Bloc 42 we may not see a rise in the new player counts that the server needs to survive. Just because newer players might not be willing to try the map out.
DarthVader wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:
How possibly hard can it be to fix Bloc42?

It needs to be decompiled and then everything fixed that didn't decompile correctly and then the issue with the mines and then recompiled. I for one wouldn't be wasting my time of doing that and by the sounds of it neither is Emp.

Then there is still the matter of everyone's bases getting rkt by the special weapons which will not be changed at all.

Red fixing Bloc42 is not as troublesome as you think. The bases will get rekt on all maps, besides why don't you make server 2 without special weapons, there are a lot of people like myself who really enjoy basing without those weapons.

I'm sure the player base will increase if Bloc42 becomes the new map and special weapons are removed :)
Unfortanly its is hard then you think, if you think it easy you don't trully understand what you are talking about. First you have to decompile the map sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't, it might get rid of all the props on the map, or randomly remove chunks of the map. Even if you do get a sucsessfull decompile, most of the time it still randomly removes brushes so you have to go through and recreate those. Then affter you have done all that someone would have to replace the mines and once you did that you would need to go through the whole map and reoptimise it, because 90% of the time decompling will remove a chunk of the existing needed optimization.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by EMP.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286315

100 votes! Keep 'em coming boys! :D
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286318

EMP wrote:
BuzzM42H wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

Thx para for the perfect example of having Bloc42. Everyone is getting tired of Rockford and as you can see, There are 2 servers that have Bloc42, so what happens when a popular gmod server like zarp is going to Bloc42? Variety. No more only those maps, but variety of playing between maps. Thx for this great example
It would be awsome if it worked like that, but sadly it does not. I mentioned this is a suggestion thread but a fell known fact among the DarkRP community is alot of players only like very specific maps. Downtown(duh), Evocity, and Rockford. There is a reason why those maps are used to much, players recognize those maps and therefor they join the server. If we use Bloc 42 we may not see a rise in the new player counts that the server needs to survive. Just because newer players might not be willing to try the map out.
DarthVader wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:

It needs to be decompiled and then everything fixed that didn't decompile correctly and then the issue with the mines and then recompiled. I for one wouldn't be wasting my time of doing that and by the sounds of it neither is Emp.

Then there is still the matter of everyone's bases getting rkt by the special weapons which will not be changed at all.

Red fixing Bloc42 is not as troublesome as you think. The bases will get rekt on all maps, besides why don't you make server 2 without special weapons, there are a lot of people like myself who really enjoy basing without those weapons.

I'm sure the player base will increase if Bloc42 becomes the new map and special weapons are removed :)
Unfortanly its is hard then you think, if you think it easy you don't trully understand what you are talking about. First you have to decompile the map sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't, it might get rid of all the props on the map, or randomly remove chunks of the map. Even if you do get a sucsessfull decompile, most of the time it still randomly removes brushes so you have to go through and recreate those. Then affter you have done all that someone would have to replace the mines and once you did that you would need to go through the whole map and reoptimise it, because 90% of the time decompling will remove a chunk of the existing needed optimization.

EMP, why the fuck would you add a broken map to the poll then? And if you think its broken, and it wins, you should be prepared to fix it, right?
  • Dallas.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • From a past time.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286320

*Resigns and takes a break from SSRP* *comes on the forums* *sees map poll* *sees bloc42 is on there and is winning* *contemplates throwing his laptop out of the window* Now I am curious if they will actually change it to bloc when it eventually wins.
And yes I know it might be a little confusing, but I am all for bloc... "it's happening..." -Phil Dunphy
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286335

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloc42 sucks
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286337

Jim_Jam wrote:
OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloc42 sucks

This proves why you're wrong.
  • BigNoobUsername
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 274
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dallas.

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286339

Dallas$ wrote:
EMP wrote:
BuzzM42H wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

DarthVader wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Legacy wrote:

EMP, why the fuck would you add a broken map to the poll then? And if you think its broken, and it wins, you should be prepared to fix it, right?
Because why should we have to fix it? I'm interested to see who is willing to step up to the plate and fix the maps themselves, there are over 100 people who say they want that map so there must be someone out there who is willing to try and fix (or learn to do it if they don't already know how to) the map. If you guys want it that bad someone will step up.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286341

Relying on community made maps? Are we valve now?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: RetardedGuy, stratiic, Jim_Jam

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286345

IF somebody were to crash zarp it is as easy as this. Ban player > Refund anyone who lost stuff Done

That solves the bloc42 problem

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286351

Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:
IF somebody were to crash zarp it is as easy as this. Ban player > Refund anyone who lost stuff Done

Or we just use a map that doesn't have those problems to begin with...
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286352

Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:

I dont think you realize how really easy it is to crash the server.

1 Prop will insta crash, along with the fact its quite hard to watch that location 24/7 and is a complete waste of time.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286353

Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:

I'm not doing refunds for something people knowingly knew was going to happen so at least one thing will happen less special weapons.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286357

The only thing that will fix Bloc42's crashing problem are the players, as stated there's over 80 or so players that want this map and their has to be at least one player that is willing to fix it.

With that being said, there still stands an issue with explosive weapons on the map blowing up all the bases as the map is rather small and compact building wise, which also is not going to be fixed by the developers.

Why go for a map that requires so much effort to fix the basic mechanics of it when we have three others that would do just as well?
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286361

Morgan wrote:
The only thing that will fix Bloc42's crashing problem are the players, as stated there's over 80 or so players that want this map and their has to be at least one player that is willing to fix it.

With that being said, there still stands an issue with explosive weapons on the map blowing up all the bases as the map is rather small and compact building wise, which also is not going to be fixed by the developers.

Why go for a map that requires so much effort to fix the basic mechanics of it when we have three others that would do just as well?

Because the community clearly want it.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Server 2 Map Poll 8 years 2 months ago #286362

Morgan wrote:

Because its a great map and its incredibly fun, i dont want to spend 20 minutes walking to my base.
  • Dallas.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • From a past time.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

288 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun