Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373400

Today's Community Team meeting has been completed. We have been discussing detailed plans for the coming weeks, answering a crap ton of emails, talking about future updates and servers, as well as talking with the Server Owners. The following attended: Chuteuk, TheXnator, Martin, and Richard.

Community Bans/Unbans

No naughty people have been unbanned this week.

Server Owners Meeting

Attended by the following:

Chuteuk
TheXnator
Martin
Richard
Mix3rz
MadMagic
Joshua
Nyx
Callum

❄️ The SSRP Christmas 2021 Update is LIVE NOW! ❄️ - so grab yourself a mince pie (or two), sit down by the fire and hop onto SSRP to enjoy the Christmas 2021 Update! With an all-new Gang Store, Missions System, 2 new cases and MORE, you're sure to get a gift this update!

Merry Christmas ZARP!

Read the full announcement post here >>

We are happy to announce the imminent release of the second part of our TTT Winter Update for 2021!

Make sure you hop onto the server at 5PM BST - 24th December for the update - Featuring Custom Roles, Power Rounds, New Maps, New Weapons and Features, brand new Traitor and Detective items, events & competitions, many changes as well as bug fixes, and so so much more! We hope to see you there for the release!

Read the full announcement thread here >>>

The last Community Team meeting of 2021 has just been concluded. We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (in advance). We'd also like to send forward a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us this year and we'll see you all early next year with some very major announcements.

Thank you to all the ZARP staff!

An extra thank you goes out to all ZARP staff. 2021 has been a tough year for us all and we hope you've enjoyed being a part of the staff team, as we certainly have appreciated your time and effort. Many of you have given up a lot of time to come to meetings, help staff the server, and discuss suggestions and improvements and for that, we are very grateful! A special thank you goes out to all our Lead Team members, Server Owners, and Community Team Members who have worked especially hard on producing new content, running meetings on a weekly basis, and managing their servers. We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year!

Christmas Meeting Schedule

Attention all staff members! This week marks the last one for staff meetings in 2021, meetings will resume again on Friday 8th January giving us all a two week break to spend and enjoy time with those at home. Please see below for the full details, if you have any questions or concerns please get in touch with us or the Server Owner.

Friday 24th, 25th, 26th December 2021!

There will be no meetings this weekend.

December 31st & January 1st and 2nd 2022!

There will be no meetings this weekend with a possible exception for the Server Owners & CM Team meetings.

January 7th, 9th, 10th, 2022!

All meeting resume again as normal.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ZARP!

• Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373401

Thank you Richard! For anyone still wanting to attend the meetings on 24th,25th and 26th Joshua will be hosting them.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, Mr. Richard

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373449

The last SSRP update hasn’t brought in much players or attention at all at least from what the GT stats show, will there be a discussion about this as it should be raising concern if updates aren’t drawing players in again? I haven’t had a chance to try it personally because I don’t have a way of doing so but another widely negative thing was the gang member limit, why are you guys keeping this despite the huge negative backlash? This just simply won’t work especially with the current state which was already discussed in a different post.

I know it’s Christmas you deserve a break for sure, don’t take this too hard on yourselves and if you want 2022 to be a good year for ZARP, it’s time some things change if you want people to come back.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373451

Clarky wrote:
The last SSRP update hasn’t brought in much players or attention at all at least from what the GT stats show, will there be a discussion about this as it should be raising concern if updates aren’t drawing players in again? I haven’t had a chance to try it personally because I don’t have a way of doing so but another widely negative thing was the gang member limit, why are you guys keeping this despite the huge negative backlash? This just simply won’t work especially with the current state which was already discussed in a different post.

I know it’s Christmas you deserve a break for sure, don’t take this too hard on yourselves and if you want 2022 to be a good year for ZARP, it’s time some things change if you want people to come back.
Have a feeling that the whole gang thing and not listening to the community is because they don't care anymore tbh. NO one in the server want's this change and we've all made it insanely obvious yet they have ignored it and acted like it'll help. As such with this recent dupe, they clearly as testing stuff or looking into things as seriously anymore, they somehow didn't notice a entire trillion being added into the economy. I tried joining yesterday to cf some shit and I couldn't join the server due to not having the map pre installed on my pc. Not sure why any new players would have the map pre installed on their pc before trying to join a server they've never heard about.

Also I hate to say it but adding gang building into the map (only if you pay) is such an insane cash grab and would have been unbelievable a few years back or even just a year back.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Smol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373452

Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Have a feeling that the whole gang thing and not listening to the community is because they don't care anymore tbh. NO one in the server want's this change and we've all made it insanely obvious yet they have ignored it and acted like it'll help. As such with this recent dupe, they clearly as testing stuff or looking into things as seriously anymore, they somehow didn't notice a entire trillion being added into the economy. I tried joining yesterday to cf some shit and I couldn't join the server due to not having the map pre installed on my pc. Not sure why any new players would have the map pre installed on their pc before trying to join a server they've never heard about.

Also I hate to say it but adding gang building into the map (only if you pay) is such an insane cash grab and would have been unbelievable a few years back or even just a year back.
smol based asf
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373454

Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I would just like to add that this year's christmas update was tested just like every other update that was released throughout this year. If you're interested in our policies and processes around update testing and release make sure to read out Updates Policy. We didn't put less effort into testing this update. As I mentioned in the rollback thread, it's always possible for bugs to slip into a released update and we're usually pretty quick to fix them. In this case it was a pretty nasty one and we'll definitely be more careful next time.

I would also like to mention that we do have automated reporting mechanisms in place that warn us about major changes in the economy so we can investigate potential exploits. Thanks to CEO of Business and Baxter Black we were able to spot the issue faster and we were able to take action within less than 24 hours. We would have been even faster and probably wouldn't have needed to roll back the economy if certain people informed the Community Team instead of mass exploiting the bug for their own gain.

We are aware of your issue with the missing map, unfortunately it's not something we can easily fix. The vast majority of players are able to join the server without any issues. Only a very small amount of people tend to experience this issue and it's usually fixable by manually downloading the map from our FastDL and extracting it into your local maps folder. We are actively looking into possible solutions for this and we hope to prevent this from happening in our next map update.

I'd like to close this off by saying that the Community Team does care a lot about the community. We're trying our best to deliver you the best experience and we've got a lot of changes planned for our future updates to hopefully bring back more players. Some changes - like the gang member limit - might not be liked by everyone initially but they are necessary in one form of another to make way for more exciting updates and features in the near future. We did think a lot about the gang member limit and we had a lot of discussions about it. Everyone in the Community Team agrees that it's necessary sooner or later and it's not gonna stay fixed at 10 for long. We plan to add ways for gang owners to increase their member limit in the near future and we've got some other more exciting ideas that some of us are currently working on.

Regardless, I personally want to wish you and the rest of the community a merry christmas and pretty soon a happy new year! Take care of yourselves and enjoy your time with your family and friends!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Martin.

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373464

Instead of increasing the limit, how about removing it? Because literally no one but a printer exploiter wanted it (shock AfroHat taking advantage for his own gain)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373465

Clarky wrote:
Instead of increasing the limit, how about removing it? Because literally no one but a printer exploiter wanted it (shock AfroHat taking advantage for his own gain)

I hate to say it but this is apples to oranges man
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373466

Jawson wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I hate to say it but this is apples to oranges man
And I’ll fuckin say it again lol
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassboosted oven

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373469

Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

If pouring 100+ hours of my own time into the update during the holiday period for nothing in return doesn’t count as caring then I’d love to hear what you do for the things you care about!

No money was given to the Community Team for anything to be added to the map, we take absolutely zero money from ZARP.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373478

TheXnator wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

If pouring 100+ hours of my own time into the update during the holiday period for nothing in return doesn’t count as caring then I’d love to hear what you do for the things you care about!

No money was given to the Community Team for anything to be added to the map, we take absolutely zero money from ZARP.

From my point of view, it's obvious that you don't care about the player base of zarp. It just seems like you enjoy coding and zarp is something you can code for. After all, you don't actually need players on a server to make updates to it which it seems you are content with, so no, just because you "poured 100s of hours into the update" does not mean you care about the community.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, Smol, Markus, Vodka4Gaben, Anonymized359739 and 2 more...

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373479

TheXnator wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Never said anything about the CM team making money from the map or anything near it. Was talking about how Mixerz's is adding shit to the map for payment and being a total cash grab. I don't know how you have poured 100+ hours of your own time into the update just to add another dupe into the economy to add onto your other 2 that you have added. Still no responce to the whole shitty gang update that's going on. I applaud Martin for giving me an actually amazing response.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
The following user(s) said Thank You: jack bushross, Nogtog

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373482

TheXnator wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

illegal got hit by a truck and I laughed at him (out loud in hysteria actually) that's what I do for things I care about, shouldn't show emotional attachment of any kind to a video game especially a gmod roleplaying server :silly: :blink: :blink: :silly: :silly:

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373489

yeah thats all mixers, its if you donate to his thing
  • Preston Garvey125
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • not a ssrp admin
  • Thanks received: 37

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373500

Martin wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I would just like to add that this year's christmas update was tested just like every other update that was released throughout this year. If you're interested in our policies and processes around update testing and release make sure to read out Updates Policy. We didn't put less effort into testing this update. As I mentioned in the rollback thread, it's always possible for bugs to slip into a released update and we're usually pretty quick to fix them. In this case it was a pretty nasty one and we'll definitely be more careful next time.

I would also like to mention that we do have automated reporting mechanisms in place that warn us about major changes in the economy so we can investigate potential exploits. Thanks to CEO of Business and Baxter Black we were able to spot the issue faster and we were able to take action within less than 24 hours. We would have been even faster and probably wouldn't have needed to roll back the economy if certain people informed the Community Team instead of mass exploiting the bug for their own gain.
I wasn’t at the testing this time but I know how seriously everyone takes them with a full checklist that has to be completed. Unfortunately the nature of this bug makes it very hard to find in testing as it only triggers after very specific circumstances and not for every player. Then its even harder to see the impact as its only majorly exploitable by one system due to that system having a flaw in its logic where it wasn’t clearing the money count before giving money leading to an infinite money dupe when the clear function gets interrupted by an error. I checked back through and the flaw has always been present. As no matter how many times you look over something there is a possibility for something to slip through the cracks. Thats why we take daily backups to reduce the damage, but I don’t think this was the case of the team taking the testing any less seriously.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

⭐ [CM TEAM] Meeting Outcome 22/12/2021 ⭐ 2 years 3 months ago #1373516

Smol wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Never said anything about the CM team making money from the map or anything near it. Was talking about how Mixerz's is adding shit to the map for payment and being a total cash grab. I don't know how you have poured 100+ hours of your own time into the update just to add another dupe into the economy to add onto your other 2 that you have added. Still no responce to the whole shitty gang update that's going on. I applaud Martin for giving me an actually amazing response.

Its because martin is easily the best cm we've ever had.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pie_
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

150 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32