Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372524

❄️ The SSRP Christmas 2021 Update is finally here! ❄️ - so grab yourself a mince pie (or two), sit down by the fire and read on to find out more about the new content you can expect THIS SUNDAY at 7PM GMT!

❄️ Gang Store ❄️

Ever find yourself with more gang loot than you know what to do with? Well now with the GANG STORE you can put your gang loot to good use! Purchase a range of time-based upgrades to provide all gang members with a bonus, with 6 current buffs to unlock!

❄️ Gangs Changes ❄️

As part of our plans to increase gang activity and rivalry on the server, we've implemented a new gang member limit (thanks to AfroHat for the suggestion!), currently starting at 10 members (look out for chances to increase this limit in future updates). Alongside this, we've increased the gang ally limit from 2 to 4, so you can team up with more gangs.

Gang leaders will be given a 2 week period of time to kick members from the gang to bring the total down to 5 players. On January 2nd 2022, members will be automatically kicked to bring the total down to 5 (this will prioritize keeping Officers in the gang and will never kick the leader, however officers may be kicked if there are more than 4).

❄️ Gift Box & Optimum Case ❄️

The Christmas Update gifts the server with TWO new cases to unbox: The Gift Box and the Optimum Case.

Within the Gift Box, you can unlock one of 20 SPECIAL CASES currently on the server and the Optimum Case is your ideal case for combat, containing a range of special weapons: Minigun 2.0, Valkyrie Rockets, Electro Cannon, Combat Drone, Inferno, Lightning Gun, Gluon Gun, LS Sniper, De-Animator, Hell's Retriever, QED, BFG 9000, M303 Rocket Launcher and Dark Matter Gun.

❄️ ZARP Missions ❄️

Thought you could get those new cases by purchasing booster packs? Think again! In response to community feedback requesting progression-based methods of gaining new cases and items rather than primarily purchase-based methods, we've created the all-new ZARP Missions system, giving you the opportunity to complete gameplay tasks in exchange for EXP, to work your way up and unlock items and cases!

Starting with 10 levels, you can unlock GenCorp Cases, Optimum Cases and Gift Boxes by levelling up, whilst picking up some extra presents along the way!

❄️ Character Upgrades ❄️

Get your swords and hammers out for the new Melee Boost character upgrade (thanks to Aku and Stewie for the suggestion!), doubling damage dealt by all melee weapons!

And as suggested by Nafe, we've made some slight adjustments to the Printer Limit character upgrade, reducing the price and increasing the length to 10 days (previously 7 days) to increase the usefulness of this upgrade in bases.

❄️ Christmas Craftables ❄️

As per usual for the Christmas period, we're bringing back Christmas craftables, which you can craft with Candy Canes from the popular Christmas Gifts (Common, Rare and Super Rare gifts making a comeback).

Plus work your way towards an opportunity for more Gift Boxes using Gift Trade Up, with 25 Super Rare Gifts making a Gift Box!

❄️ Santa Job ❄️

Spread Christmas cheer throughout the town with the limited-time Santa Job, with which you can use the job's special F3 ability to fire gifts (with a chance to spawn SUPER RARE GIFTS) for everyone to collect! No more waiting around the Christmas tree (well, maybe a little more...) or begging (you know who you are!) for your gifts!

❄️ MERRY CHRISTMAS ZARP❄️

Got a question or further suggestion for the update? Let us know and we'll be sure to read your responses! And don't forget to check out the changelogs once the update has been launched for a full list of changes!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by TheXnator.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, OnionRings, xDutchCat, Mr. Richard, CEO of Business and 1 more...

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372525

Very cool update!
I'm still not playing it.
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Sam..

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372526

Wonderful :clap:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372527

love the little hint towards sinz
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Pie_, CEO of Business, Armarni

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372528

Sam. wrote:
Very cool update!

Yes you are!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372529

*EVENT MANAGER HAS JOINED THE CHAT*

Good looking update! :clap:
  • xDutchCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • xDumbCat
  • Thanks received: 538

Former
Murder Super Administrator
SSRP Super Administrator x2
Event Manager
Server Apps & Appeals Section Mod

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372530

TheXnator wrote:
Sam. wrote:
Very cool update!

Yes you are!

What do I get if I do play?
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Sam..

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372531

nice! its so good :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :pray:
5 members :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 295

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372532

As part of our plans to increase gang activity and rivalry on the server, we've implemented a new gang member limit (thanks to AfroHat for the suggestion!), currently starting at 5 members (look out for chances to increase this limit in future updates).
Can I ask what the plan was with this? This seems like a really drastic change, and I really don't understand why this would be implemented. If it was Afrohat's talk with you guys, why would you take his opinion for the whole community's? If he were to make this suggestion on the forums I assure you people would have minus supported it. I understand trying to experiment a bit, but this seems like a bit much.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2310
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by CEO of Business.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skippergroe

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372534

Only issue with this entire thing is a 5 player gang limit
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372536

Gang 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8582
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, TrueOverL

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372537

bro 5 members dont even make up my family mate ill bash ur head in fix it
might aswell lower the server limit too save a buck on the server host
  • ImDrBeta
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 133
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by ImDrBeta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, catboy sven ツ, Denis, TrueOverL, CEO of Business and 1 more...

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372538

Nice update, glad to see community members are being given recognition for their suggestions too!

One question, why are only 5 members allowed in each gang now? Surely won't this make the gang rivalry pointless since there will barley be any gangs to rival with in the first place?

Aside from that i love it well done people :) :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Pie_.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, Skippergroe

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372539

Pie_ wrote:
Nice update, glad to see community members are being given recognition for their suggestions too!

One question, why are only 5 members allowed in each gang now? Surely won't this make the gang rivalry pointless since there will barley be any gangs to rival with in the first place?

hey man wanna create a gang
  • menameisemil
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • idk what to put here
  • Thanks received: 602
Former:
SSRP Super Admin
SSRP Section Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pie_

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372541

Sam. wrote:
Very cool update!
  • Apollo Freeman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Most people are do don't, I am do is.
  • Thanks received: 299
Former Prop Hunt Adminstrator
Former TTT Moderator
Former Surf Moderator

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372542

Is this a basewars server? Gang member limit is the literal opposite of what the community wanted, not just because one person suggested it. Horrid feature but everything else looks okay.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, TrueOverL

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372543

so its about 20-25 members across 4 or 5 gangs and only took advice from 1 guy on the server :pray: :zarp: :clap: :zarp: :pray: :clap:
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 295
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372544

Pie_ wrote:

We've noticed that gangs tend to have a large number of players in and end up taking over the entire server, preventing players in smaller gangs from having as much of a chance - by reducing the number of players in a gang (most servers do have quite strict limits on gang members), more gangs will exist on the server and it will be more viable to create a new gang rather than joining an existing big gang and adding yourself to their arsenal of players. Plus with the new Gang Store, having more members in the gang may make the perks a bit OP (you can enjoy them being powerful for 2 weeks!).

In future updates, however, we do have plans to add ways for the gang member limit to be increased for gangs which work towards it, but would like to keep a level playing field at the start and get an idea on how it plays out (the increased gang ally limit also means theoretically you could have up to 20 players working together rather than what would have been 10 if the gang ally limit had remained at 2).
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372545

ofc the guy that only plays with himself and his alts would suggest it maybe get some friends and start a gang :woohoo:
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, catboy sven ツ, Shae, TrueOverL, menameisemil and 1 more...

❄️ SSRP Christmas Update 2021 ❄️ 2 years 4 months ago #1372546

TheXnator wrote:
Pie_ wrote:

We've noticed that gangs tend to have a large number of players in and end up taking over the entire server, preventing players in smaller gangs from having as much of a chance - by reducing the number of players in a gang (most servers do have quite strict limits on gang members), more gangs will exist on the server and it will be more viable to create a new gang rather than joining an existing big gang and adding yourself to their arsenal of players. Plus with the new Gang Store, having more members in the gang may make the perks a bit OP (you can enjoy them being powerful for 2 weeks!).

In future updates, however, we do have plans to add ways for the gang member limit to be increased for gangs which work towards it, but would like to keep a level playing field at the start and get an idea on how it plays out (the increased gang ally limit also means theoretically you could have up to 20 players working together rather than what would have been 10 if the gang ally limit had remained at 2).
Or remove it because this isn’t what we asked for nor was it ever discussed upon with the community, you’re forcing a pretty big change onto the server.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

277 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40