Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: #bringbackTTT

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132084

im not sure whats happened but now it seems like the server wants to get rid of its players, i've noticed punishments are being given out for things that i used to give a verbal for and i was given a talk about being to harsh by the HAs at the time as they told me 'although they may be rule breaking we still want them to be playing on the server' which seems to have gone out of the current staff

banning for 7 recents? like we are human people make mistakes, if someone misunderstood a rule, open chat and explain it to them, instead of punishing and letting it be, that's what leads to ltaps, if someone made a mistake just warn not slay,

and one thing that really put me off (like confused me) is giving a slay per rdm, that shouldn't be the case, its like yea sure we want the server clean but instead of just punishing, guide the low rankers or even some high rankers where they made a mistake, since im not staff anymore i can't see whats being done behind and how many reports are being let go but from what i see, the current staff can be harsh, even for my standards

so all im asking is if someone has made a mistake, check their rap to see if this is their first time doing so, if it is give them a verbal and tell them how where they went wrong, at the end i want zarp to take that number 1 spot again which will only be possible through more players, and if possible, more content

#bringJohnlerback
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

Login or register to post a reply.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132085

You are actually an idiot if you think TTT should be any more lenient than it already is.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, brenzor9137, eddie., LonelyDodo, TheRealNepgear and 1 more...

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132086

Bringbacks2

:omegalul:
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lotto_Totto

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132088

Not gonna lie,

We are lenient enough with our punishments, we were recently told to actually warn PER rule broke instead of adding it to one warning.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132089

TTT is considerably more lenient in regards to banning players from the server for their recent punishments. You will see players being banned from SSRP for having 4/5 recent punishments.

Although there is something to be said about staff communicating with players to ensure they understand what they've done wrong where applicable; this is something I'm attempting to address on SSRP with the new training guides I'm writing. If staff are dropping warns and slays with next-to-no explanation as to why, it isn't gonna help people who maybe don't understand the rule(s) properly?

Staff should always clarify why a certain rule was broken and spend the time helping the player(s) understanding their mistakes to avoid doing it again. This not only helps players avoid making similar mistakes but also means your staff team isn't a monotonous, boring clump of robot-like people who just warn and slay repeatedly when staff should really be representing the server and welcoming/helping players when possible.

Back to your point about leniency; TTT is a game mode that is very easy to make mistakes in. I, myself, have never been punished but have made mistakes in the past where I have apologised to people that I have unintentionally killed. Sometimes it's good to let people off with a warning, but in games like TTT, frequent players are probably gonna have a rapsheet of varied length because it's pretty easy to get carried away and RDM somebody.

Kurzex wrote:
Not gonna lie,

We are lenient enough with our punishments, we were recently told to actually warn PER rule broke instead of adding it to one warning.

This is only really required when people add a warning for something like "RDM, Prop surf, Propkill, LTAP". That's 4 rules broken and with slay being the only 'real' punishment on the server you should absolutely stack warnings that would amount to a kick/ban as a harsher punishment.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by .uzi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132090

Are you fucking insane?

Literally one of my main reasons i left the TTT staff team is due to it being so goddamn dysfunctional - Banning on like 10 to 11 recent punishments? What the hell is that? They treat their Users too politely and people come to TTT thinking it's fine to rulebreak since no one dears to give harsh punishments to teach them that ZARP is not a "French RDMer party" server. Accepting people with 2-3 recents (a bad past/reputation) into the team , too fucking generous, and then they are all shocked when the Lil Japhery guy or Asian Andy have a tantrum outburst and make a fuck fest, not much attention nor care is dedicated when selecting the new staff and literally anyone with consistent activity can get in. I could go on especially about the LT being unlettered, extremely inactive and that most of them don't even know the policies properly, yet that's a discussion for another time.

My point is that the staff team is too nice and if anything, they need to be more strict and not even more generous and sensitive when (not) issuing punishments and/or accepting/promoting the (new) staff.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5419
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Mr. Richard. Reason: Grammar

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132091

this man saying ttt staff is strict are u kidding LuL
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Clarky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, ImTooFastForYou, .uzi, Mr. Richard, BossComic23 and 3 more...

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132095

the only thing I agree with on that post is the very last line.

#BringJohnlerBack
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132098

Jim_Jam wrote:
the only thing I agree with on that post is the very last line.

#BringJohnlerBack
Johnler's too busy doing great things with his life to come back to us, how dare he :angry:
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Johnler

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132102

Well i mean i can be harsh sometimes but; im always harsh to players that are trying to troll and ruin other players experiance. On the other hand if i see someone actualy not knowing what hes doing i would lead him to our server rules 1st and then explain the game mode. If he continues to go on a RDM spree hell yea im gona punish him i dont see whats wrong whit that. And yes verbals are rly not that much used these days(i think i only given out 3 so far - when i was last admin and now) And i dont see why its a problem to ban someone for having 7 recents in some cases i would even ban a person whit 2 (but i cant cuz of rules) .And we do have alot of polite staff members (most of which are new and are still getting the ropes), but the older staff that knows how some ppl behave and how to deal whit them fast i mean yes they are strict but for good reasons .

And kurze what do you mean 1 warn 1 punishment - That is gona take a shit ton of work fml...

EDIT:
Also TTT has prty much the same ammount of players as all 3 servers for SSRP so i rly dont think the staff is screwing up here.
  • Stuny
  • Senior Boarder
  • I am a grape !
  • Thanks received: 147
Point made byee
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Stuny.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132119

I haven't played on TTT since a long time, so I can't really judge.

All I have to say is that banning for 7 recents depends on the situation, so it can be a fair punishment at times.
But if you are giving a slay per RDM, that's a fucking crime. What if there's a new guy on the server, he doesn't read the rules and on his first round he kills 5 people randomly. Does that mean he should be slayed for 5 rounds in a row?! Fuck no. Also he shouldn't be warned 5 times with the Reason RDM, but 1 time with Reason: Mass RDM. Warnings are mostly there to help you, the staff, have an image of a user. As long as you understand the severity of the rules he broke during meetings or when you are judging what's his next punishment should be, it's fine.

If I joined the server, killed 5 people and then I was slain 5 times, I would leave the server and never join again. Although, If I killed 5 people, was slain 1 or 2 times and a staff member explained to me the rules and helped me read and understand them, then I would wait 1 or 2 rounds and after that I would play, follow the rules, cause no harm and I would think that my punishment was fair.

Keep in mind that you, as staff, work FOR the users to make sure they have an amazing experience playing. You are not a slave master, hired by your king to oversee the slaves and punish them if they don't do what he asks. Also, some people think that the more users they ban, the more it seems like they are doing their job and the more likely it is for them to get promoted / be recognized by the higher ups. Please don't do that. Ban fairly and always use that command as a last resort. Try to stand out by doing other stuff.

Now, once again, I haven't played since a long time. What I say above should be considered as a reminder. I also don't believe that TTT has lost players because staff are too harsh, but mainly because of some other reasons, which I am willing to share with Dr. House whenever I got time.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Chienman, brenzor9137, Seargent44, shadowsquatta and 2 more...

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132121

You can tell I am one of the players. I still slay for 1 for everything. I only give 2 slays for MassRDM. Unless if they are hacking. I mean....staff still have the right to say the amount of slays they think is justified. But I understand that new users join a lot and they dont read the rules and slaying them for 2 is pretty sad. ngl. In the staff ethos it states roughly, "as staff we are here to make the server a better place for users and punish the users who are here to mess around". So if we need to protect the users by slaying people for lots of amounts, then so be it. It will give them time to actally read the rules. A lot of this doesnt make sense to me either, but okay.
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BossComic23.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ImTooFastForYou

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132122

I never used ethos ;)
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132123

Johnler wrote:
I haven't played on TTT since a long time, so I can't really judge.

All I have to say is that banning for 7 recents depends on the situation, so it can be a fair punishment at times.
But if you are giving a slay per RDM, that's a fucking crime. What if there's a new guy on the server, he doesn't read the rules and on his first round he kills 5 people randomly. Does that mean he should be slayed for 5 rounds in a row?! Fuck no. Also he shouldn't be warned 5 times with the Reason RDM, but 1 time with Reason: Mass RDM. Warnings are mostly there to help you, the staff, have an image of a user. As long as you understand the severity of the rules he broke during meetings or when you are judging what's his next punishment should be, it's fine.

If I joined the server, killed 5 people and then I was slain 5 times, I would leave the server and never join again. Although, If I killed 5 people, was slain 1 or 2 times and a staff member explained to me the rules and helped me read and understand them, then I would wait 1 or 2 rounds and after that I would play, follow the rules, cause no harm and I would think that my punishment was fair.

Keep in mind that you, as staff, work FOR the users to make sure they have an amazing experience playing. You are not a slave master, hired by your king to oversee the slaves and punish them if they don't do what he asks. Also, some people think that the more users they ban, the more it seems like they are doing their job and the more likely it is for them to get promoted / be recognized by the higher ups. Please don't do that. Ban fairly and always use that command as a last resort. Try to stand out by doing other stuff.

Now, once again, I haven't played since a long time. What I say above should be considered as a reminder. I also don't believe that TTT has lost players because staff are too harsh, but mainly because of some other reasons, which I am willing to share with Dr. House whenever I got time.

Not sure when we have slayed someone for the ammount of ppl killed. I've always seen 1 slay for RDM and 2 for Mass RDM. Also we're not giving 5 warns, only one RDM/Mass RDM. What Kurze meant is like if someone is like Disrespecting in reports + RDM we are giving two separate warnings because it's not the same "case". RDM affects the round but disrespect doesn't. RNT/RDM/LTAP are in the same case I belive and other stuff are in an other. Also most of time I try to explain them in a chat why it is RDM, some peoples listen, other don't cares. For the rest I kinda agree with you, ban people is not a way to prove your work. And we are here to give a better experience to the players on the server, to avoid them getting RDM, disrespected, etc...
Also I don't think TTT staff member are harsh at all. When a guy get 6 recents in one day not sure why we should wait him to get 10-11 to get banned. This guy is clearly here to ruin the game. Also even if he gets 7 recents in 1 week, I mean he didn't read the rules at all.
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132127

ImTooFastForYou wrote:
Johnler wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Not sure when we have slayed someone for the ammount of ppl killed. I've always seen 1 slay for RDM and 2 for Mass RDM. Also we're not giving 5 warns, only one RDM/Mass RDM. What Kurze meant is like if someone is like Disrespecting in reports + RDM we are giving two separate warnings because it's not the same "case". RDM affects the round but disrespect doesn't. RNT/RDM/LTAP are in the same case I belive and other stuff are in an other. Also most of time I try to explain them in a chat why it is RDM, some peoples listen, other don't cares. For the rest I kinda agree with you, ban people is not a way to prove your work. And we are here to give a better experience to the players on the server, to avoid them getting RDM, disrespected, etc...
Also I don't think TTT staff member are harsh at all. When a guy get 6 recents in one day not sure why we should wait him to get 10-11 to get banned. This guy is clearly here to ruin the game. Also even if he gets 7 recents in 1 week, I mean he didn't read the rules at all.

Once again, I haven't played on the server since ages. So I can't judge whether the staff are too harsh or not nor can I judge whether the staff are actually doing the things I mentioned. I just wrote this as a general reminder.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Johnler.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132129

Seargent44 wrote:
banning for 7 recents? like we are human people make mistakes,

Firstly humans do make mistakes but we have a system that gets rid of recent after a certain amount of time if someone was to have 7 recent it shows that they have not changed and are repeatedly breaking the rules and ruining the game for others. What would you rather us do? If they did not understand it the first time that doing this will result in a punishment. We also have to think about all the other players that don't break the rule and have their time ruined by someone who is breaking the rule. I'm sure if someone does not know how to play the gamemode they can ask. I have had people ask me in the past how to play on the server and what the rules are and I have given them a brief explanation and linked them back to our rules on our website.
Seargent44 wrote:
that really put me off (like confused me) is giving a slay per rdm

Secondly so if one guy ruins about 3 peoples round by RDMING for no reason I would slay him for the amount times he has broken that one rule. If you have broken the rule 3 times in one round and ruined the game for 3 separate player the outcome should be the same ( In the real world you get charged each time you have broken the law not just one time for breaking 1 law 8 different times). You should be punished 3 rounds. Plus I have never seen someone give out 3 separate warnings for 3 rdms in one round. Normally we put one warn in with the reason RDM x3.

Thirdly most the staff I know normally cancel reports if they have been RDMED by a new player. I personally have done this several times as I take pity on them as they are new and would like to give them another chance. But if another player has reported them for RDMing and we do nothing more players would leave as they would think these staff are doing nothing to stop rule breakers. We also have a system in place so that the victim can forgive or not and if they click not then we have to deal with it as a rule break as its not fair on the victim.
  • Turtle965
  • Legendary Member
  • #SaveTheTurtles
  • Thanks received: 221
Take a walk with a turtle and behold the world in pause
Bruce Feiler

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Turtle965.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132131

I have no fucking idea how banning someone for 7 recents is "too harsh". You already get banned at 4 active warnings for 60 minutes, and it tells you to watchout and not do the same shit. Some people don't care and continue, I already think we're generous enough banning at 6-7 (depending on the situation). 10-11 would be fucking outrageous.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132132

i don’t know what’s going through your head if you think banning for 7 recents is too harsh, it’s more than fair and a lot more generous than other servers such as SSRP, especially considering this will usually warrant a 2/3 day ban. You’ll probably get a week ban for less than that on ssrp :blink:

Other than that, the rest of your post doesn’t make much sense to me
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by eddie..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Turtle965

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132134

Its gay
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132137

I'm gonna put an appropriate response here later as I feel like I have to, but I need to collect my thoughts on this one first lol
So.. brb
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!