Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: #bringbackTTT

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132185

Turtle965 wrote:
Seargent44 wrote:
that really put me off (like confused me) is giving a slay per rdm

Secondly so if one guy ruins about 3 peoples round by RDMING for no reason I would slay him for the amount times he has broken that one rule. If you have broken the rule 3 times in one round and ruined the game for 3 separate player the outcome should be the same ( In the real world you get charged each time you have broken the law not just one time for breaking 1 law 8 different times). You should be punished 3 rounds. Plus I have never seen someone give out 3 separate warnings for 3 rdms in one round. Normally we put one warn in with the reason RDM x3.

First of all you can't compare real life and a video game.
You can't compare a rule break on a video game server where the worst thing that can happen is a person losing 5 minutes of his life, because he got RDM'd and a theft in real life where someone can lose hours and hours of hard work.
Also, you can't ruin 3 rounds for someone if he ruined 1 round for 3 different people. If you logic was applied in real life, then Death Penalty would be used in every country, since the murderer who took one life, should have his own life also taken.

In Addition, even if a guy is not a new player and RDMs 3 people, even if he did the same in the past, he still shouldn't be slayed 3 times. 3 Times is an excessive amount of rounds and a harsh punishment which is going to lead in the person leaving the server. Although if you slay him 1 or 2 rounds and explain to him again the rules and the severity of the problems he caused, he might understand it and stop without leaving the server. You want players to keep playing, not to leave because they feel like their punishment was just too much and they were bored to wait it out. Punishments should annoy users, not make them quit. I believe that I got more experience than you when it comes to staffing and I can tell you that there were countless people in the past who Mass RDM'd 3 times, I slayed them 1 or 2 times every time they Mass RDM'd and at the 2nd or the 3rd time, they stopped, understood what they were doing wrong and became one of the best users or even staff members. Some people learn with the 2nd or the 3rd time. They might forget a rule, the might not understand the rule perfectly the first time or they might make a mistake. I have falsly killed 3 people in the same round before, without intending to. If they are trolling and keep breaking the same rules every time they play on a round, then they will collect many warnings and will eventually get banned. You must be just and punish every user the same way every time they break a rule.

Finally, since you like basing your facts in real life, you should know that most punishment systems focus on changing the behaviour of the criminals and not on punishing them. If you slay him 3 times for 3 RDMs, you clearly want to punish him and make him pay for what he did to these poor innocents, which eventually is going to make him leave the server and never join again.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Johnler.
Login or register to post a reply.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132190

TTT staff are lenient enough. Banning on 7 recents is fine and usually if its the first ban it isnt even a long time. I have seen plenty of verbals given out on the server before actual punishments, so I am unsure where you are getting this idea of staff not giving verbals before actual punishments from.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132194

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
:support: stop comparing TTT to SSRP , i dont see any link between them .
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132200

Johnler wrote:
You can't compare a rule break on a video game server where the worst thing that can happen is a person losing 5 minutes of his life, because he got RDM'd and a theft in real life where someone can lose hours and hours of hard work.
Also, you can't ruin 3 rounds for someone if he ruined 1 round for 3 different people. If you logic was applied in real life, then Death Penalty would be used in every country, since the murderer who took one life, should have his own life also taken.
wait a second, you just said you can’t compare what happens on a video game to law in real life, and then followed that up by stating that following his logic would mean every country has the death pentalty :huh:

Turtle’s logic would apply to a video game (TTT), but not to real life as well.

Also, i don’t really understand your point, are you saying we should never autoslay people?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by eddie..

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132201

Hey,

The current team does not seem that harsh to me (I really wonder about the numbers of slays, but I don't play the server anymore so I can't tell)

What really matters is not the punishment itself, but how the the staff member gives it.

Some explanation, and the proper attitude, make sure that the user will correct his behavior while on the server.

If he has the potential and maturity to do so of course, some players are just not meant for such a free yet strict gamemode as TTT et GMOD as a whole.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Chienman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Turtle965

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132202

Well mate my example of comparing it to real life was to say that if a law was broken 3 times he would be charged 3 times.

2 not every country has the death penalty and I really don't see the point of you bring that into the conversation. He/she would still be charged 3 times for the crime but would be given the death penalty. 3 slays 1 warn same concept.

3 If you ruin 3 peoples games why should that person be treated lightly. He willing killed 3 people for no reason in a round. If it was a mistake then he can write in his response that he is sorry but if the victim does not want to forgive him then that's the right of the victim and we should punish accordingly.

4 Its the decision of whoever was handling the report to make that decision. If he/she thinks that its a suitable punishment then it should be. Most the admins and mods on the server have been playing gmod for a long time. They were given the position for their experience on TTT and so that they can keep rule breakers off the server.

5 Punishments are there to deter players from doing it not to annoy anyone. It is there to stop others from doing it and to show that we do no accept ruler breakers on the server. If they made a mistake own up to it take the punishment. DO THE CRIME PAY THE TIME.
  • Turtle965
  • Legendary Member
  • #SaveTheTurtles
  • Thanks received: 221
Take a walk with a turtle and behold the world in pause
Bruce Feiler

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132203

I think a lot of the TTT staff are fairly lenient

but then again I got gagged for 10 minutes, by another admin, for calling Minijeann a dumb girl B)
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Henny.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132204

Eddie. wrote:
Johnler wrote:
wait a second, you just said you can’t compare what happens on a video game to law in real life, and then followed that up by stating that following his logic would mean every country has the death pentalty :huh:

Turtle’s logic would apply to a video game (TTT), but not to real life as well.

Also, i don’t really understand your point, are you saying we should never autoslay people?

Yes. I explain why slay per RDM is a bad idea and since he likes using Real Life as an example and comparison (although it shouldn't happen cause once again law break and TTT rulebreaks should not be compared), I told him what would happen if his logic was applied in how the punishment system worked in real life.

Also, I never claimed that you should never autoslay people. If you read carefuly enough, I have said multiple times that 1-2 slays per Mass RDM or RDM X2/RDM X3 is enough and 3 is too much.

In other words, for me no matter the rule break, if the person who broke the rule caused harm to another user (RDM, Attempt RDM, Prop Kill e.t.c.) he should be slayed 1 or 2 times. Not 0 and not 3.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Johnler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seargent44

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132205

Kato_ wrote:

but then again I got gagged for 10 minutes, by another admin, for calling Minijeann a dumb girl B)
i just know who that is lol
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132212

Kato_ wrote:

Dude...Sexist??
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Henny.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132219

Henny wrote:
Kato_ wrote:

Dude...Sexist??

he doesn't even care that were friends!
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henny

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132224

Turtle965 wrote:
Well mate my example of comparing it to real life was to say that if a law was broken 3 times he would be charged 3 times.

2 not every country has the death penalty and I really don't see the point of you bring that into the conversation. He/she would still be charged 3 times for the crime but would be given the death penalty. 3 slays 1 warn same concept.

3 If you ruin 3 peoples games why should that person be treated lightly. He willing killed 3 people for no reason in a round. If it was a mistake then he can write in his response that he is sorry but if the victim does not want to forgive him then that's the right of the victim and we should punish accordingly.

4 Its the decision of whoever was handling the report to make that decision. If he/she thinks that its a suitable punishment then it should be. Most the admins and mods on the server have been playing gmod for a long time. They were given the position for their experience on TTT and so that they can keep rule breakers off the server.

5 Punishments are there to deter players from doing it not to annoy anyone. It is there to stop others from doing it and to show that we do no accept ruler breakers on the server. If they made a mistake own up to it take the punishment. DO THE CRIME PAY THE TIME.

1) And I am trying to tell you that the video game is not as serious as real life. You can't be that strict when punishing people ingame. When they can learn from their mistakes with 1 or 2 slays, you don't have to slay them more.

2) I brought the death penalty up to prove you a point. You claim that since he ruined someone's round, his round should also be ruined cause it's only fair. But if the same logic worked in real life, if someone murdered someone else, then he should also be killed. Most punishment systems in real life focus on making the murder not murder again, they don't focus on how to kill the murderer. What I am trying to say is, because a guy ruined a round for 5 people, that doesn't mean 5 of his rounds should be ruined. He should be punished in a way, which is going to make him reconsider rulebreaking and/or make him learn from his mistakes.

3) Keep in mind that 1 round might last like 3 minutes. So he wasted 3 minutes of every guy he killed. But that doesn't mean you should waste 9+ of his. Punishing doesn't always work analogically. He might have killed these 3 people by mistake, because he forgot a rule or because he didn't understand a rule. In that case, even 1 slay is enough for him to understand and change, but if you slay him 3 times, he will leave the server and you will lose 1 player.

4) I agree. And that's why I ask you to trust me, because I got way more experience than you when it comes to staffing on a TTT server. Thing is, if a guy rulebreaks once or twice or even thrice, that doesn't mean that he will keep rulebreaking til you get him off the server. It's your job to try and make him change. If he doesn't change, then you may use ban as a last resort. But I am telling you, there were multiple cases, when people changed after I punished many times and they never broke a rule since.

5) Getting slayed is annoying and that's what deters people from RDMing. If you were slayed for 2 rounds, you would be annoyed and would not want this to happen to you again. So you stop breaking the rules. If you were slayed for 3+ rounds, you would say: "Fuck it, let's just join another server". You should make the users feel welcome and show them that you don't just want to punish them. They should man up and face the punishment and I agree with the "DO THE CRIME PAY THE TIME" and I never said they should't 'pay the time". But 2 rounds is enough "time" for them to reconsider what they did.

At the end of the day, you work for a community. The community's success is based on how many players are playing on its servers. So you should aim to try and keep as many players as possible and try to change the rulebreaker's behaviour, instead of shooting him out straight away.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132235

TTT? Harsh? Those words have never being seen together before. I'm gonna faint. :dies from shock:
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132236

Also the point that most of my fellow TTT staff members have pointed out that even when we do ban people unless they have a lot of previous bans its usually varying from 2-4 days. Unlike on SSRP which you get banned for a week for 5 recents, and we never slay people more than twice unless they Mass RDM, and even then sometimes we put 2 slays to not get the player completely bored being aslayed 3 rounds in a row.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132239

We used to ban people for 7+ punishments when you were a staff too
But what can you know when you only played 4 times on the server in 5 months
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
  • Thanks received: 181
Ex TTT Admin
"Audaces fortuna iuvat" - Fortune favors the brave.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LonelyDodo

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132240

Johnler wrote:
Turtle965 wrote:

1) And I am trying to tell you that the video game is not as serious as real life. You can't be that strict when punishing people ingame. When they can learn from their mistakes with 1 or 2 slays, you don't have to slay them more.

2) I brought the death penalty up to prove you a point. You claim that since he ruined someone's round, his round should also be ruined cause it's only fair. But if the same logic worked in real life, if someone murdered someone else, then he should also be killed. Most punishment systems in real life focus on making the murder not murder again, they don't focus on how to kill the murderer. What I am trying to say is, because a guy ruined a round for 5 people, that doesn't mean 5 of his rounds should be ruined. He should be punished in a way, which is going to make him reconsider rulebreaking and/or make him learn from his mistakes.

3) Keep in mind that 1 round might last like 3 minutes. So he wasted 3 minutes of every guy he killed. But that doesn't mean you should waste 9+ of his. Punishing doesn't always work analogically. He might have killed these 3 people by mistake, because he forgot a rule or because he didn't understand a rule. In that case, even 1 slay is enough for him to understand and change, but if you slay him 3 times, he will leave the server and you will lose 1 player.

4) I agree. And that's why I ask you to trust me, because I got way more experience than you when it comes to staffing on a TTT server. Thing is, if a guy rulebreaks once or twice or even thrice, that doesn't mean that he will keep rulebreaking til you get him off the server. It's your job to try and make him change. If he doesn't change, then you may use ban as a last resort. But I am telling you, there were multiple cases, when people changed after I punished many times and they never broke a rule since.

5) Getting slayed is annoying and that's what deters people from RDMing. If you were slayed for 2 rounds, you would be annoyed and would not want this to happen to you again. So you stop breaking the rules. If you were slayed for 3+ rounds, you would say: "Fuck it, let's just join another server". You should make the users feel welcome and show them that you don't just want to punish them. They should man up and face the punishment and I agree with the "DO THE CRIME PAY THE TIME" and I never said they should't 'pay the time". But 2 rounds is enough "time" for them to reconsider what they did.

At the end of the day, you work for a community. The community's success is based on how many players are playing on its servers. So you should aim to try and keep as many players as possible and try to change the rulebreaker's behaviour, instead of shooting him out straight away.

I was one of the players who johnler changed for the better, if it wasn’t for him, as he said people will just join a server that’s what I would have done
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132283

Kato_ wrote:

be careful, you might get gag again
  • minijeans
  • Junior Boarder
  • "Nothing, and everything, is possimpible"
  • Thanks received: 59
Mini ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

The following user(s) said Thank You: LonelyDodo, Henny

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132294

Longshot wrote:
Naah Longshot its just the double standard he tries to set for a friend of his. It's fine until it affects someone he knows

Seargent literally voted Owl for mod when he had 11 recents and nothing has changed here either. We all hold double standards it's just about realizing your own and getting your head out of the situation
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by LonelyDodo.

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132295

LonelyDodo wrote:
Longshot wrote:
Naah Longshot its just the double standard he tries to set for a friend of his. It's fine until it affects someone he knows

Seargent literally voted Owl for mod when he had 11 recents and nothing has changed here either. We all hold double standards it's just about realizing your own and getting your head out of the situation

You dare posting here ? On such a subject ?
We had expected the irreverent twat to stop, but here he is at it again !

"My name Is Dodo I know better that everyone, especially the LT and he who must not be named.. I'm ex HA so I know EVERYTHING hue hue hue"

Why don't you go back to the shadows where you belong hm ?
Or, by the holy power of the C and the Z, you'll have to face the consequences for your irreverency ...

What will it be, Mr Potter, Mr Dodo ?

Now shut your mouth and turn to page 394.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Johnler, eddie., shadowsquatta, LonelyDodo and 1 more...

#bringbackTTT 4 years 10 months ago #1132323

LonelyDodo wrote:
Longshot wrote:

swear that’s NDA :pinch:
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥