Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chatbox

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530195

i'll start this off by saying this is NOT a server suggestion, this is a forum suggestion and i dont know if these are accepted since i haven't seen any, but i'll give it a shot and use the server suggestion template.

Server Name: -

Suggestion Title: Chatbox

How would it benefit the server: not a server but imo it would be great to have a chatbox for example at the top of the forum page, this would possibly stop people from making as many pointless topics, like when they're in need of an admin on some server, these posts arent useless but idk what else to call them, people could just ask for help in the chatbox, and it would allow people to just talk about random shit

Potential Issues/Exploits: Staff would have to admin the chatbox, incase someone decides to be racist or some shit

Additional notes: an exaple of one chatbox can be seen here http://imgur.com/a/TLnjg

If forum suggestions aren't open then just lock this thread or delete it.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by RubyTheSlump.
Login or register to post a reply.

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530204

• DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530209

AHaha never even realised I made this suggestion originally, ended up like this btw.
EMP wrote:
This has and I think will never be needed. Instead of taking the time to have to deal with our own message system. We can instead just use systems that everyone already uses.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530211

Been suggested many times before bud, EMP won't add it as it won't bring any good to it,
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530214

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
the main argument i see there is that people can always go on TS or message someone via Steam. the problem with this is
1) people that we'd need to contact aren't always on TS
2) if for example someone needs an admin, they have to go through the trouble of searching them up on steam and waiting for them to accept the friend request

a chatbox would be a very useful alternative to that seeing as admins often come on the forums and if they see someone saying they need staff on x server, in the chatbox, the admin would know to just get on the server, which would stop all the posts.

+ as i said in the main topic, it would give people a place to talk about random stuff, i've encountered this problem a few times where something funny happens and i want to share it but it's not post worthy as i dont like to create pointless topics.

i really dont see any harm in at least testing it for a few weeks, see how people like it etc. People could share a lot of things in the chatbox and just talk with people. The chatbox i have shown in the imgur link has admining options, admins can ban people and delete message, disable/enable emojis being used, there's also a mute option since the chatbox makes a sound every time someone sends a new message.

on the forum that i took the example from, its a forum of a quite dead community that recently moved from TTT to DarkRP, most of the time the server is completely empty but people still come on the forum to talk with their friends and share links etc.

basically, before just denying this, at least consider giving it a try and see how things work out.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by RubyTheSlump.

Chatbox 7 years 3 weeks ago #530234

FTPxPlague wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
the main argument i see there is that people can always go on TS or message someone via Steam. the problem with this is
1) people that we'd need to contact aren't always on TS
2) if for example someone needs an admin, they have to go through the trouble of searching them up on steam and waiting for them to accept the friend request

a chatbox would be a very useful alternative to that seeing as admins often come on the forums and if they see someone saying they need staff on x server, in the chatbox, the admin would know to just get on the server, which would stop all the posts.

+ as i said in the main topic, it would give people a place to talk about random stuff, i've encountered this problem a few times where something funny happens and i want to share it but it's not post worthy as i dont like to create pointless topics.

i really dont see any harm in at least testing it for a few weeks, see how people like it etc. People could share a lot of things in the chatbox and just talk with people. The chatbox i have shown in the imgur link has admining options, admins can ban people and delete message, disable/enable emojis being used, there's also a mute option since the chatbox makes a sound every time someone sends a new message.

on the forum that i took the example from, its a forum of a quite dead community that recently moved from TTT to DarkRP, most of the time the server is completely empty but people still come on the forum to talk with their friends and share links etc.

basically, before just denying this, at least consider giving it a try and see how things work out.
So basically you just described Discord?
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

260 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun