• Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Gluon gun, why?

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208808

Server Name
DarkRP

Suggestion Title
Nerf / Remove the Gluon Gun

How would it benefit the server
So im sitting in my base today, minding my own business and suddenly this guy comes along and soaks up my base like a vacuum cleaner before i can get my hands on the keyboard, i messaged him about what had happended, he explained it to me and we talked about it.

Now; who was this fun for?
> Sure wasn't fun for me
> He didn't seem very exited about it either
> So who stands to gain?

I would suggest that we:

A. Remove it completely, reimbursing players some money to replace the item.

B. Give the Gluon gun a minimum range, just like any other explosive, give the gluon gun a point where it will hurt the attacker, that way they will atleast have to start at the beginning of the base and they wont just be able to oneshot the defender using the weapon.

Now i agree that money should be able to purchase power on ssrp, but this just leaves little to no counterplay to the defender.

Potential Issues/Exploits
N/A

Additional notes
I am generally against explosives and i would rather see the thundergun removed aswell, but this is ridiculous, please consider doing something.
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gems.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208809

Theres allready been a suggestion to remove it and as far as I know there have been more arguments against it being removed, ofcourse they are mostly from the people who posses the Gluon gun making them biased but i still think theres a slim chance of it being removed
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208824

Heres a small add you SSRP while its there:

Hello, welcome to zarp SSRP we see you new here takes this as a warning, you do not get to build a base or a player will 1 hit it, don't make money or a player will 1 hit it, don't raid anyone as a player will 1 hit you and best of all don't complain about it or we will 1 hit you off our servers :)

*end*

But jokes aside you don't really have much chance as a new player on your own unless you buy booster packs or vip :'(

Zarp p2w confirmed?
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4054

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208833

Agreed. Too many explosives are already made into the game..

Thundergun, it usually takes 2-4 hits to take down a base of medium size.
Gluon Gun, takes down pretty much everything
Nuclear Launch, Just too OP, but it barely passes due to it being launched in 15 mins... Still annoying af.
I'd prefer to have window wipers to raid a base with, rather than these weapons.
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
  • Thanks received: 99
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former Deathrun Super Admin

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208848

I Agreed with this it too op
  • Senpai of Kawaii
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Kawaii
  • Thanks received: 2

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208850

You have to understand that the person using the gun is putting about 30-50mill at stake to run into someones base with it even though it can still kill people instantly they can die with it at the same time.
  • Esrever
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • BingoBangoBongo I don't want to leave the congo.
  • Thanks received: 1

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208851

Esrever wrote:
You have to understand that the person using the gun is putting about 30-50mill at stake to run into someones base with it even though it can still kill people instantly they can die with it at the same time.

Even though the risk of using it is negated by the more than overly substantial reward.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208933

123DoorGiveaway wrote:
Esrever wrote:

Even though the risk of using it is negated by the more than overly substantial reward.

This also includes the fact that the ones who wield the weapon have 30/60 seconds to shoot it. The Gluon gun can be shot from a long distance, thus rendering him invulnerable to the defender. If for some reason that the raider with the Gluon gun misses the target, the raider will be able to 1 hit the defender with ease.
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #208937

How about. If you are holstering the gun you can't swap weapons or it will cancel. Because people start holstering then wait until its almost done and shoot.
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209019

i lost already 2 gluon guns -.-"
nothing bad about it...
  • StookiTV
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Proud Member of ZARP
  • Thanks received: 86
Watch my streams @
Sub to my Youtube @ www.youtube.com/c/StookiTV
Save money @ www.g2a.com/r/stookitv

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209047

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Twitch.tv/StookiTV wrote:
nothing bad about it...
It's not about the price here or how many you loose. It's about its balance in combat. It's pretty much the remover tool without the admin abuse. It makes defending a base incredibly hard. Same as with Gems I'm against both the gluon and thundergun.

i was against all of them...
also milkor and all others, all of them are op
  • StookiTV
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Proud Member of ZARP
  • Thanks received: 86
Watch my streams @
Sub to my Youtube @ www.youtube.com/c/StookiTV
Save money @ www.g2a.com/r/stookitv

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209053

-SUPPPORT

I HAVE WASTED TOO MUCH MONEY ON MY GLUON GUNS AND I ENJOY MY TIME ON ZARP WITH THESE BABIES DON'T REMOVE THEM :/
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209056

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
nothing bad about it...
It's not about the price here or how many you loose. It's about its balance in combat. It's pretty much the remover tool without the admin abuse. It makes defending a base incredibly hard. Same as with Gems I'm against both the gluon and thundergun.

Price should also always be taken into consideration because that is what decides its rate of usage in combat.

I would also kind of agree as this does really just leave the new/inexperienced or tbh any player out there, defenseless if this weapon is as powerful as you describe it to be.

All in all, i think instead it should've been another explosive rather then what it turned out to be.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209057

• vitx
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 308
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209160

The Eliminator wrote:

Nuclear Launch, Just too OP, but it barely passes due to it being launched in 15 mins... Still annoying af.
I'd prefer to have window wipers to raid a base with, rather than these weapons.
Yet you came back and applied for staff on the very server that as this crazy outrages uncontrollable long distance killing machine? It can't be that bad because If I was playing somewhere and I didn't like it I would of found somewhere that as things I do like. I hear there is a couple servers out there that have a couple glocks.

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
nothing bad about it...
Unfortunately it's impossible to balance the amount of weapons we have because you can't have a AK do the same damage as a Thundergun because there would be zero point in having "special weapons" everyone would just use the AK.

Anyways in my opinion its fine I see plenty of people losing them and plenty of people risk losing them to raid a base with a printer that as only 30k in them so the benefits of raiding with them isn't really HIGH at all. The issue is that people can't adapt or learn to build their base around the special weapons. ( well some can't but most people learn tricks to do this ) people was complaining about the Orb strike and now it's just a not as "OP" because now they know to double up their props and it doesn't really do much damage.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209164

When do people learn they will never remove these weapons lol So many threads and still in.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209167

The one time someone raided me with a Gluon gun i just pulled out my LMG after no time they were messaging me saying "I'm gonna kill you piece of crap" it was quite funny, But jokes aside its not that bad. I'm guessing not even a quarter of the server has them because of the price. just leave it.
  • wowtoons
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Welcome To ZARP, DO NOT ADVERT RAID!
  • Thanks received: 3

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209327

Yet you came back and applied for staff on the very server that as this crazy outrages uncontrollable long distance killing machine? It can't be that bad because If I was playing somewhere and I didn't like it I would of found somewhere that as things I do like. I hear there is a couple servers out there that have a couple glocks.
Just because he doesnt like one part of the deal, doesnt mean he has to discard it, Zarp has a ton of great things, a custom ui, custom rules, a great community etc.

There is no server out there which we would rather play on, but that doesnt mean its perfect and that it cant be improved. Are you basically saying that youre not going to listen to the players until they start quitting? Because thats a little late.
Unfortunately it's impossible to balance the amount of weapons we have because you can't have a AK do the same damage as a Thundergun because there would be zero point in having "special weapons" everyone would just use the AK.
Just go back to the model of explosives and weapons serving two different purposes, nobody would ever use an orbital strike to kill another player.
Anyways in my opinion its fine I see plenty of people losing them and plenty of people risk losing them to raid a base with a printer that as only 30k in them so the benefits of raiding with them isn't really HIGH at all. The issue is that people can't adapt or learn to build their base around the special weapons. ( well some can't but most people learn tricks to do this ) people was complaining about the Orb strike and now it's just a not as "OP" because now they know to double up their props and it doesn't really do much damage.
But thats the problem, when you add a gun that can oneshot anything anywhere, then there is no counterplay.

A raids outcome should mostly be decided by the skill of the players, not the amount of time they have been afk, printing in their bases. I dont care how much money they put at stake, because usually they will have plenty of it, compared to the guy getting smashed, also nobody raids to make money.

I could deal with the orbital strikes and the milkors because once they where over, the raiders still had to enter the base with their aks and fight.

It doesnt create a fun experience, when a raid ends the attacker will feel like a cheater and the defender will feel like quitting.
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209364

RedPowder wrote:
The Eliminator wrote:

Not sure, but I think I came back before the Gluon Gun, correct me if I'm wrong.

And besides, I don't RP much, but when I do, I get gluons in my face :/ I came back because I want to help people. Just because I don't like one section of the server, doesn't mean I hate it.
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209371

Gems this is what happened:

Some time ago para did a remove request on the thundergun, it was too OP. could blow any base up and everyone went into discussion about it.

Wanna know how they fixed the problem?

Putting in an even more overpowered gun to raid bases with.

So instead of thinking about a solution for the thundergun being too OP. they add gluon gun.

REMOVE IT ALREADY
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

265 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1