After-all this isn't a fixed market.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209559

So I was ingame when someone tried to set off a nuke. Withing 30 seconds, it had been destroyed. Of course, the raider used a gluon gun, laying waste to the entire base. As long as you're smart there should never be a way to lose it, considering it's a 1 hit kill and is constantly firing.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209561

Exrobite wrote:
So I was ingame when someone tried to set off a nuke. Withing 30 seconds, it had been destroyed. Of course, the raider used a gluon gun, laying waste to the entire base. As long as you're smart there should never be a way to lose it, considering it's a 1 hit kill and is constantly firing.

Are you talking about me?

Here is the video how i destroyed the nuclear launch :D
  • StookiTV
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Proud Member of ZARP
  • Thanks received: 86
Watch my streams @
Sub to my Youtube @ www.youtube.com/c/StookiTV
Save money @ www.g2a.com/r/stookitv

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209562

Twitch.tv/StookiTV wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

Are you talking about me?

Here is the video how i destroyed the nuclear launch :D

Yes xD
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209606

Not a fan of how it works currently, I have one but I never use it as it just removes the fun in raiding when I can just disintegrate an entire base in seconds. Removing it wouldn't be good but a nerf would be great.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209695

Gems wrote:
Yet you came back and applied for staff on the very server that as this crazy outrages uncontrollable long distance killing machine? It can't be that bad because If I was playing somewhere and I didn't like it I would of found somewhere that as things I do like. I hear there is a couple servers out there that have a couple glocks.
Just because he doesnt like one part of the deal, doesnt mean he has to discard it, Zarp has a ton of great things, a custom ui, custom rules, a great community etc.

There is no server out there which we would rather play on, but that doesnt mean its perfect and that it cant be improved. Are you basically saying that youre not going to listen to the players until they start quitting? Because thats a little late.
Unfortunately it's impossible to balance the amount of weapons we have because you can't have a AK do the same damage as a Thundergun because there would be zero point in having "special weapons" everyone would just use the AK.
Just go back to the model of explosives and weapons serving two different purposes, nobody would ever use an orbital strike to kill another player.
Anyways in my opinion its fine I see plenty of people losing them and plenty of people risk losing them to raid a base with a printer that as only 30k in them so the benefits of raiding with them isn't really HIGH at all. The issue is that people can't adapt or learn to build their base around the special weapons. ( well some can't but most people learn tricks to do this ) people was complaining about the Orb strike and now it's just a not as "OP" because now they know to double up their props and it doesn't really do much damage.
But thats the problem, when you add a gun that can oneshot anything anywhere, then there is no counterplay.

A raids outcome should mostly be decided by the skill of the players, not the amount of time they have been afk, printing in their bases. I dont care how much money they put at stake, because usually they will have plenty of it, compared to the guy getting smashed, also nobody raids to make money.

I could deal with the orbital strikes and the milkors because once they where over, the raiders still had to enter the base with their aks and fight.

It doesnt create a fun experience, when a raid ends the attacker will feel like a cheater and the defender will feel like quitting.

I'm sure The Elimnator can defend himself he doesn't need big bad Gems to do it for him.

Am I saying we won't listen to people until they quit ? Huh where in that statement does that say that? And it's to late ? To late that someone left because they didn't get their way? I'm really sure they will be missed....

Number 1 server on game tracker for SSRP I think we might be doing something right because it wouldn't attracted new players if we wasn't . Just saying...

Ps: Didn't I just see you in a thread trying to buy one? Sounds like you can't make your mind up.

Ah I figured out why you resigned now it's all starting to make sense you didn't like the gluon gun.Gems wrote:
Hi everyone.

I have decided to leave the staff team, since i find it hard to agree with the way some things are being done nowadays, im not gonna go into details, if you want them then you can contact me privately.

Long story short its a combination of alot of small things and a few big ones, i want you to know that i have enjoyed my time here and that i have always tried being the best administrator i can be.

I'm not going to make a thank you list as it simply feels like im stomping on the people that arent going on it rather than being nice to the people who are, they know who they are, besides alot of those people wouldn't be here to read it anyways.

Ciao!
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209709

*Savage Mode Enabled'd*
I find this funny because the gluon gun is not the problem people have to Spend 10 - 15 mil for a nuke ( wait 15 min to Launch it and get 1 super uranium then after they get that they have to get the other things needed for the gun itself > More money / time > Craft it > Try to go raiding where you can always die with the item > Die lose 50 - 80mil and trust me you guys have no clue at all what a Pay to win server is, Go ahead play around on different server and tell me what you like and where your going to stay at and then tell me how you feel about "p2w", Special weapons are not that bad they give the poor or Rich player something to work for, For "fun" when raiding you can't tell me you don't enjoy blowing someone's base up with that being a Thunder gun, RPG , ETC.
  • Steam
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Looking for dem Dank memez
  • Thanks received: 75

Need me for anything add me on Steam

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #209728

Is this post about me Gems? I raided your base the other day with a Gloun gun and you didn't seem too impressed.

Sorry bro ;)
  • Brownman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Thanks received: 42
No longer active on SSRP or the forum but will speak to the community through Steam and the forums - 01/07/2018

Add me on steam for any inquiries;
steamcommunity.com/id/xDConnor/

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #210390

@Red

I think we misunderstood each other here, it was never my intention to put you on the defensive, i was simply trying to have a neutral discussion around something i consider an issue, i was not in any way trying to attack you or your work, because you're doing a great job, which is exactly what makes your server number one.

I realize that my previous posts may have been poorly written and i take full responsibility for the outcome.

I criticize things; not because i cynically hate them, but because i hope it can help things which i already like improve, in this case the server.

I wasn't trying to defend The Eliminator, i was just trying to reformulate his perspective to make it seem logical, i took the last part from you using him not having quit yet as an argument for things working out, however it was a rude and uncalled for, sorry.

The thread where you assumed i was trying to buy a gluon gun was a case of Danish sarcasm, i will try to find it and edit it. My resignation had no relation to the gamemode in general.

Hopefully you can see it from my perspective and accept my apology, please just understand that i wasnt trying to be rude.
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gems.

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #210395

Gems wrote:
@Red

I think we misunderstood each other here, it was never my intention to put you on the defensive, i was simply trying to have a neutral discussion around something i consider an issue, i was not in any way trying to attack you or your work, because you're doing a great job, which is exactly what makes your server number one.

I realize that my previous posts may have been poorly written and i take full responsibility for the outcome.

I criticize things; not because i cynically hate them, but because i hope it can help things which i already like improve, in this case the server.

I wasn't trying to defend The Eliminator, i was just trying to reformulate his perspective to make it seem logical, i took the last part from you using him not having quit yet as an argument for things working out, however it was a rude and uncalled for, sorry.

The thread where you assumed i was trying to buy a gluon gun was a case of Danish sarcasm, i will try to find it and edit it. My resignation had no relation to the gamemode in general.

Hopefully you can see it from my perspective and accept my apoligy, please just understand that i wasnt trying to be rude.

You spelt Apology wrong (>.>)

Anywho. This is just Gems expressing his feelings about the Gluon Gun.

I on the otherhand, I don't mind being defended, put forward, attacked, etc. As long as it doesn't annoy me.

Just nerf the gluon gun pls. I mean like, it's expensive, but once you get it, you're basically invincible.
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
  • Thanks received: 99
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former Deathrun Super Admin

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #210412

The Eliminator wrote:
Gems wrote:
@Red

Hopefully you can see it from my perspective and accept my apoligy, please just understand that i wasnt trying to be rude.

You spelt Apology wrong (>.>)

Anywho. This is just Gems expressing his feelings about the Gluon Gun.

I on the otherhand, I don't mind being defended, put forward, attacked, etc. As long as it doesn't annoy me.

Just nerf the gluon gun pls. I mean like, it's expensive, but once you get it, you're basically invincible.

No, i was 3x close of dieing..
i almost died from a 1v1 :/

This gun ain't gonna make you win everything, you can still get rekt if you play smart..
  • StookiTV
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Proud Member of ZARP
  • Thanks received: 86
Watch my streams @
Sub to my Youtube @ www.youtube.com/c/StookiTV
Save money @ www.g2a.com/r/stookitv

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #210432

RedPowder wrote:
The Eliminator wrote:
Agreed. Too many explosives are already made into the game..

Thundergun, it usually takes 2-4 hits to take down a base of medium size.
Gluon Gun, takes down pretty much everything
Nuclear Launch, Just too OP, but it barely passes due to it being launched in 15 mins... Still annoying af.
I'd prefer to have window wipers to raid a base with, rather than these weapons.
Yet you came back and applied for staff on the very server that as this crazy outrages uncontrollable long distance killing machine? It can't be that bad because If I was playing somewhere and I didn't like it I would of found somewhere that as things I do like. I hear there is a couple servers out there that have a couple glocks.

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Twitch.tv/StookiTV wrote:
i lost already 2 gluon guns -.-"
nothing bad about it...
It's not about the price here or how many you loose. It's about its balance in combat. It's pretty much the remover tool without the admin abuse. It makes defending a base incredibly hard. Same as with Gems I'm against both the gluon and thundergun.
Unfortunately it's impossible to balance the amount of weapons we have because you can't have a AK do the same damage as a Thundergun because there would be zero point in having "special weapons" everyone would just use the AK.

Anyways in my opinion its fine I see plenty of people losing them and plenty of people risk losing them to raid a base with a printer that as only 30k in them so the benefits of raiding with them isn't really HIGH at all. The issue is that people can't adapt or learn to build their base around the special weapons. ( well some can't but most people learn tricks to do this ) people was complaining about the Orb strike and now it's just a not as "OP" because now they know to double up their props and it doesn't really do much damage.
being serious now but
HOW
tell me
HOW
can you build around an orbital strike / nuclear launch / thunder gun?
i know for sure that you cant build around a gluon gun. dont try to make it look like its not OP af , even if it costs 500m
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15

[SSRP] Gluon gun, why? 8 years 6 months ago #210439

Problem about playing around weapons is that you keep nerfing all the defending parts whilst the raiders keep getting new weapons defenders gets nerfs, here is a little list i made it all by myself.

- No colliding props (i know this fixes lag but it does screw up your base and it doesn't seem to fix the worst part of server lags)

- Psg & Drag nerf. While the attackers had bombs in their hands, i'd have my lovley psg and one click a bunch of people as you can't have an orb and a psg at the same time.

Those are the biggest factors i have more but not as big as these two including adding new weapons.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

• Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

186 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop