Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans?

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76534

Server Name:
DarkRP 1,2

Suggestion Title:
Moderator should be able to ban people for not more than 6 hours. Admins should be able to look at the mods bans and ask questions.

How would it benefit the server:
Alot of times only mods are online, and i feel that some people don't respect a warning and they don't give a damn. I think Mods should be trusted more.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
none

Additional notes:
A lot of mods told me about this issue, sometimes the people even leave to avoid punishment (because you can't warn someone when he is offline) In my opinion this should be fixed.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by TheAp4ch3.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminatixs

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76535

I agree with this, it was an annoying thing in my mod time.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76538

+Support
  • Wallcop
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • My opinions. Nothing more nothing less.
  • Thanks received: 284
Ex-PERP Super Admin/Government Supervisor
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-SSRP Admin

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76539

i think this might be a good idea , it could even be if they could ban for a day , back when i was mod i had to ask an admin and they told me for proof and alot of shit , and then they don't ban him at all .

I'll go ahead and +support this
  • The Hitman Jerry
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • People Die at the Fair
  • Thanks received: 491
Ex-Staff Member

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76540

As I have said in many previous threads there is no need to give extra powers to moderators to make their job "easier" as they have all the necessary tools to handle any situation. The warn system is in place for a good reason and will automatically ban them if they break many rules. You say people don't reapect a warn so you need the power to ban but you should not ban someone for something that is only a warnable offense to "get respect". The reason moderators do not have these kinds of powers is in part because they are not trusted yet. If you are a trustworthy person and do your job well you will have admin in no time. The only reason you are moderator for a long period of time is because you are not ready to be trusted with the powers of administrator. Adding more powers to moderator therefore is pointless as they have everything they need to handle rule breakers and if you are trustworthy and have proven yourself you will be accepted for administrator where you are trusted with more powers. All in all adding powers to moderator is pointless as explained and I do not support this or any suggestions adding on powers to the moderator position.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76541

@Jacknelli
a quick non-permanent and short-ish ban option is a fine addition to a moderator's toolbelt.
It will also learn them when to use it, and how to use it correctly.

The powers gained by advancing to admin are included with permanent banning options, which is a totally different case than this one. This wont increase their power, it will just make their job easier since they wont have to triple warn someone to get them out quickly in some cases.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by illuminatixs.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76542

I hate to say it, but I disagree, moderators are less trusted staff members, they are there, as their name suggests, to moderate the server, keep checking everything is ok. Administrators (again as the name suggests,) are there to administrate sanctions against frequent rulebreakers caught by themselves or the mods. If the admins don't listen to the mods then it is the moderators duty to inform a higher up staff member about the laziness.

This is just my own logic, so please feel free to blow it to pieces (if you can :-P)
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76549

If only I didn't have to go I would indeed tear your logic to pieces. As for illuminati yes it would be a nice addition but if you want to immediately remove them from the server a kick will suffice an if they are a continuous rule breaker warn them as they break rules and the warn system will take care of the rest.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76553

Jacknelli wrote:
As I have said in many previous threads there is no need to give extra powers to moderators to make their job "easier" as they have all the necessary tools to handle any situation. The warn system is in place for a good reason and will automatically ban them if they break many rules. You say people don't reapect a warn so you need the power to ban but you should not ban someone for something that is only a warnable offense to "get respect". The reason moderators do not have these kinds of powers is in part because they are not trusted yet. If you are a trustworthy person and do your job well you will have admin in no time. The only reason you are moderator for a long period of time is because you are not ready to be trusted with the powers of administrator. Adding more powers to moderator therefore is pointless as they have everything they need to handle rule breakers and if you are trustworthy and have proven yourself you will be accepted for administrator where you are trusted with more powers. All in all adding powers to moderator is pointless as explained and I do not support this or any suggestions adding on powers to the moderator position.

I think you may missunderstood me, i wanted to say that players don't RESPECT the warnings, i mean that they don't give a damn because they know they have to do 4 things wrong to get banned. And that for 30 minutes. And i already have the admin rank, but like i said it is a suggestion, and it is not to make "the job for mods easier". It's to keep the server clean if even no admins are online.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76562

+Support.

Many a time I have came across a mass rdm'er, propspammer and other serious rules that are bannable when no admins are online, and whenever I ask any admins to ban the offender, they ask for proof but by the time an admin responds the logs would have been cleared.

This suggestion is nothing serious, it's just a quick and easy way to punish serious rule-breakers without waiting for an admin or creating new report abuse threads, who would it harm?
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 8
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by YourDayzAreUp.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76576

YourDayzAreUp wrote:
who would it harm?

The players who are wrongfully banned from a short tempered moderator.

They do not have the ban command for a reason and it is a very simple one, they are not trusted with it.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.
  • Thanks received: 70
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76587

Clocket wrote:
YourDayzAreUp wrote:
who would it harm?

The players who are wrongfully banned from a short tempered moderator.

They do not have the ban command for a reason and it is a very simple one, they are not trusted with it.

Of course the Super-Admins have to train the mods, and tell them what to ban for and what not.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76590

This would be so easily abused.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76592

I don't see the point in giving someone mod if they cant be trusted with it.
  • ARTZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I don't know what to put here.
  • Thanks received: 21

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76594

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
Of course the Super-Admins have to train the mods, and tell them what to ban for and what not.

It has very little to do with whether or not they know how to use it, it's all a matter of trust and trust is something that is earned over time not trained into someone.

ARTZ wrote:
I don't see the point in giving someone mod if they cant be trusted with it.

They are trusted with the powers they are currently given, that is why they have the powers they have and not others.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Clocket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose, x || Jacknelli, Dcxbigdaddy

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76597

Stop it you fools! Deny this! Because spamming warns is better inorder to get a temp ban! YES YES :woohoo:
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76598

Chris_Smith wrote:
Stop it you fools! Deny this! Because spamming warns is better inorder to get a temp ban! YES YES :woohoo:

Spamming warns would be abuse of powers...
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76603

Clocket wrote:
Chris_Smith wrote:

Spamming warns would be abuse of powers...

Exactly that's the problems, till the player gets banned, the moderator has to warn him 4 times, in that time he can propblock, propspam AND mass rdm, he would still only be kicked. He would ruin the game experience of everyone on the server.
Now with the trusting issue theres a good solution: The Admins+ should be able to see what the mods are banning for, and should be able to ask questions. If someone was clearly abusing, he gets the same thing that everyone who abuses gets, a demote or a tier warning.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher S

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76613

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
Exactly that's the problems, till the player gets banned, the moderator has to warn him 4 times, in that time he can propblock, propspam AND mass rdm, he would still only be kicked. He would ruin the game experience of everyone on the server.
Now with the trusting issue theres a good solution: The Admins+ should be able to see what the mods are banning for, and should be able to ask questions. If someone was clearly abusing, he gets the same thing that everyone who abuses gets, a demote or a tier warning.
A higher ranking staff member shouldn't need to look over a moderators shoulders all the time, they are supposed to be trusted with the powers they have. Giving them a power they are not trusted with only to have higher ranking members of staff taking more time out of administrating the server to look over the moderators is not the good solution that you claimed it to be.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76615

Alright, I understand it can be frustrating for Mods because they can't ban people but there is a good reason for this. Mods are new members of staff so it takes time for them to get use to what punishment fits what situation it would really turn out to be a disaster if we gave all mods the right to ban. What if a new mod never staffed a server was on his own got frustrated because he wasn't ready for the role or couldn't simple handle people calling him a bad mod he could have half of the server banned before we knew it. The mod time is like a grace period so people to have some power to be able to manager the server and also gain trust, respect and the right to ban someone. You only have to go to one meeting to apply for admin so if you think that's to much trouble then your not really ready for admin. There is also a warning system in place so if someone is mass rdm'ing or propspamming you can give them 4warning 1 after another and they will be banned for 1hr, which with this time you collect your proof and send it to a admin where they will ban the person for the reason provided. Time always tells if someone is ready if you can grind for 2/3weeks with out having them powers then if I was to look at you I would say well he managed to keep the server running smoothly without them he must be ready to show me what he can do with them.

-Red
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite, Jose, x || Jacknelli, Dcxbigdaddy, Decisive and 2 more...
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

241 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32