• Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76630

RedPowder wrote:
Alright, I understand it can be frustrating for Mods because they can't ban people but there is a good reason for this. Mods are new members of staff so it takes time for them to get use to what punishment fits what situation it would really turn out to be a disaster if we gave all mods the right to ban. What if a new mod never staffed a server was on his own got frustrated because he wasn't ready for the role or couldn't simple handle people calling him a bad mod he could have half of the server banned before we knew it. The mod time is like a grace period so people to have some power to be able to manager the server and also gain trust, respect and the right to ban someone. You only have to go to one meeting to apply for admin so if you think that's to much trouble then your not really ready for admin. There is also a warning system in place so if someone is mass rdm'ing or propspamming you can give them 4warning 1 after another and they will be banned for 1hr, which with this time you collect your proof and send it to a admin where they will ban the person for the reason provided. Time always tells if someone is ready if you can grind for 2/3weeks with out having them powers then if I was to look at you I would say well he managed to keep the server running smoothly without them he must be ready to show me what he can do with them.

-Red

Yea but you could also make it so you have too be mod atleast 2 weeks before getting this perk and maybe change the ban time to 30 minutes instead.
  • Decisive
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 82

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76635

rayman1919 wrote:
Yea but you could also make it so you have too be mod atleast 2 weeks before getting this perk and maybe change the ban time to 30 minutes instead.
I think you missed the points that RedPowder made. If you are trustworthy and capable you will be an admin in no time. Your time as moderator is to test whether you can handle being a moderator with the powers you have as they give you all the tools you need to handle any situation.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dcxbigdaddy, RedPowder

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76731

Fennster4 wrote:
This would be so easily abused.

Very easily, lots of moderators got accepted and got trained and still decided to abuse.

Neutral.
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76743

When I was a mod on DarkRP, this was a really big problem for me, since I saw a lot of propspammers and griefers back in my day. I completely agree.
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76781

I have been mod and admin on allot of servers and it seems sometimes it's needed and sometimes its mot now I want you to realize that we don't necessarily need this if any of you remember the training you would remember the part where they say "quick kick is a good way for a moderator to get a mass Rdmer or prop spammer or someone who's breaking a serious rule, out of the server to stop it, then call a admin if possible" so I don't think we need this as we are the least trusted rank on the server so just deal with the fact that it's not needed zarp is a successful server and giving people who mighr be their first day ever being a staff member the power to ruin the server by randomly banning people. At first I thought wow this is stupid why can't we ban, then I realized that it's not needed I've been a mod for 3 days and have kicked a couple people who need to be kicked off the server fast and warned many people, as you can see the tools mods have is very affective in certain situations but in others ban would help so in all honesty this shouldn't be added in my opinion if you seriously need to get someone out of the server quick kick them that's why its there, to get rule breakers of the server fast that's why its called quick kick"derp".
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by GmodTrolla.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76784

-Support I will agree with most of the modaraters and say it is hard when no Admins are online, but it is too much power for a modarater the main reason of modarater is to see if your mature enough and professional for admin. Some do not show that , we need to work for it.
  • Chase2k
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 41
SSRP Ex Administrator

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76789

Chase2k wrote:
<strong> -Support </strong> I will agree with most of the modaraters and say it is hard when no Admins are online, but it is too much power for a modarater the main reason of modarater is to see if your mature enough and professional for admin. Some do not show that , we need to work for it.
Exactly
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76795

Thats why people become moderator to not have all permissions to let us see if they are trusted or not. If they will pass "moderating time" they can become admins who gets more permissions.

Simple? Simple.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76813

Chase2K Wrote:
<strong> -Support </strong> I will agree with most of the modaraters and say it is hard when no Admins are online, but it is too much power for a modarater the main reason of modarater is to see if your mature enough and professional for admin. Some do not show that , we need to work for it.

I agree with chase on this one, we need to earn that power.
-Support
  • Wallcop
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • My opinions. Nothing more nothing less.
  • Thanks received: 284
Ex-PERP Super Admin/Government Supervisor
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-SSRP Admin

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76826

-Support If you really feel the need to get a propspammer or a mass RDM'r out quickly, then use kick. That'll at least give you some time to get hold of an admin to help out in the situation.
My advice, if you want someone banned quickly due to continues rulebreak that you want handled immediatly is to take screenshots of the logs, of the players profile, get the SteamID and Steam Profile link, etc. Basically get proof, that'll speed up the process for admins. Like proof speeds up the process for us when handling F1's.
  • Lskovfoged
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 35

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76835

Wow... i really didn't think that i'll get this much feedback in one day.
To the -supporters, i totally understand what you mean.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76870

Giving mods ban?

But in all seriousness no. We had many mods go crazy within just getting their powers, last thing they need is ban.
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP cheated to keep me undefeated in Trivia Crack.
  • Thanks received: 260
I've never been happy.

I basically was headadmin on everything. I was the badgewhore.

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76875

Brusk_Macaroon wrote:
Giving mods ban?

But in all seriousness no. We had many mods go crazy within just getting their powers, last thing they need is ban.

That pic made me laugh so hard that i now have a headache... thanks, Brusk!
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brusk_Macaroon

[SSRP-Suggestion] Mod Bans? 9 years 6 months ago #76923

TheAp4ch3 wrote:
<strong>Potential Issues/Exploits:</strong>
none

Well, there is also the fact that someone can go on a banning spree, so you could list that as an issue.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

206 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127