Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300366

Server Name: ★ ZARPGAMING.COM - TTT 24/7 Minecraft

Suggestion Title: Replace the current map with the one that has no-clip minecarts.

How would it benefit the server: Prop killing is not allowed (understandable), but also prop flying is warnable, so it makes no sense to keep the minecarts useable in game. All they cause is trouble. The most benign way I've seen them being used is to protect players from falling in tester lava, which is still abusing and not allowed.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Nope.

Additional notes: I can't seem to find the map version I'm talking about, but I know a server which uses it so it shouldn't be too hard. I'm posting this to see if this idea has any merit.

Edit: I'm talking about the non-Christmas map.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 17
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by turtleboi.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300376

I suggested this a while ago but the props can be used by ts who use the poltergeist a weapon that sends props flying around potentially damaging other players plus getting rid of the minecarts means we can't call the map ttt b5 anymore since we removed part of the map which means less new players will come since the name b5 itself attracts people as its a popular map
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300377

And the carts themselves cause no problems, if a player chooses to abuse them; they will get punished.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300379

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
And the carts themselves cause no problems, if a player chooses to abuse them; they will get punished.

True, I just don't see why keep them as a potential hazard.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300380

turtleboi wrote:
Vodka4Gaben wrote:

True, I just don't see why keep them as a potential hazard.
For the reason Jam mentioned above
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: turtleboi

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300381

jam wrote:
I suggested this a while ago but the props can be used by ts who use the poltergeist a weapon that sends props flying around potentially damaging other players plus getting rid of the minecarts means we can't call the map ttt b5 anymore since we removed part of the map which means less new players will come since the name b5 itself attracts people as its a popular map

I'm not sure about the fact that LESS players will come with a name change, since the new map is something like ...b5_new.
Solid point about T weapons, but I'm 100% positive more RDMs occur than legit T kills with carts, it's a tradeoff.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300384

turtleboi wrote:
jam wrote:

I'm not sure about the fact that LESS players will come with a name change, since the new map is something like ...b5_new.
Solid point about T weapons, but I'm 100% positive more RDMs occur than legit T kills with carts, it's a tradeoff.

When a new player is looking for a server with a specific map, they search for the map name. If any changes are made to the map, our server is no longer 'ttt_minecraft_b5' which means players will not see us on that list. They will need the map that we use meaning potentially less new players.
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben, jam, Poltergeist

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300390

hazzenator wrote:
turtleboi wrote:
jam wrote:

When a new player is looking for a server with a specific map, they search for the map name. If any changes are made to the map, our server is no longer 'ttt_minecraft_b5' which means players will not see us on that list. They will need the map that we use meaning potentially less new players.

Ah, I see. The reason I was motivated to post this idea was with the rising prop abuse recently (mostly prop kills) which goes unpunished, simply because logs don't show your magneto stick grabbing a cart.

A natural progression would be to ask if it is possible to upgrade the logs in order to include this action. Is there something like this in the horizon? Is it too difficult/troublesome to implement?
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by turtleboi.

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300393

turtleboi wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
turtleboi wrote:
jam wrote:

Ah, I see. The reason I was motivated to post this idea was with the rising prop abuse recently (mostly prop kills) which goes unpunished, simply because logs don't show your magneto stick grabbing a cart.

A natural progression would be to ask if it is possible to upgrade the logs in order to include this action. Is there something like this in the horizon? Is it too difficult/troublesome to implement?

I imagine it'd be rather difficult and wouldn't help much if it just shown the pick up, It's easier to prompt users to have a playback recorder and then they can just send us that which may or may not show whom prop abused
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300394

So you're implying the removal of the Poltergeist? As well as a pretty big nerf to the newton launcher? Not only is that a pretty unnecessary change, but also a map change, which as Hazzenator explained, would be detrimental for the server's popularity.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300398

Davidov007 wrote:
So you're implying the removal of the Poltergeist? As well as a pretty big nerf to the newton launcher? Not only is that a pretty unnecessary change, but also a map change, which as Hazzenator explained, would be detrimental for the server's popularity.
does anyone even use the poltergeist?
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300408

Davidov007 wrote:

Well, inevitable so, yes. There are way more RDMs and abuses with carts than there are legitimate kills. Maybe someone uses the poltergeist once in 1000 games, and the newton launcher is not really nerfed as it is mostly used to push people off edges. Getting a minecart newton launcher kill means you most likely need someone afk, lined up with the cart, and most likely you will be spotted, so it's not a nerf, it's a change.

Since the name of the map is important, this discussion is dead anyways.
  • turtleboi
  • Junior Boarder

[TTT] Use the minecraft map with noclip minecarts 3 years 3 months ago #1300409

turtleboi wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

Well, inevitable so, yes. There are way more RDMs and abuses with carts than there are legitimate kills. Maybe someone uses the poltergeist once in 1000 games, and the newton launcher is not really nerfed as it is mostly used to push people off edges. Getting a minecart newton launcher kill means you most likely need someone afk, lined up with the cart, and most likely you will be spotted, so it's not a nerf, it's a change.

Since the name of the map is important, this discussion is dead anyways.
While people don't use the poltergeist that much (which is it's own problem as well, the poltergeist is a super fun weapon!), making a change that negatively affects a weapon is classified as a nerf, so my argument stands.

Since we've reached an understanding about why the minecarts cannot be removed, this topic can now be locked.

Thanks for making the suggestion!
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

169 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127