• Page:

TOPIC: Disallow peoples joining events during a sit

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245308

Server Name:
DarkRP servers

Suggestion Title:
Disallow peoples to join an event during a sit

How would it benefit the server:
When there's events very often peoples tend to join it mid sit, which is really annoying because we must wait or discard the F1.
It's either the offender or the victim or sometimes both that join the event during a sit.
Make it so peoples that make an f1 cannot join events, because it's frustrating.

Admins should also have access to a tool to kick somebody out of the event, let's say Player A got reported for RDM but upon teleporting him, he instantly goes into the event i can't do anything about it..
But if i have a tool to kick him out of the event, i can teleport him back on my sit and finish it.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Joining an event, then gets his F1 handled, some messed up shit could happen, i don't really know.

Additional notes:
none

Extra information:
none
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245314

I think it could be added so the prompt doesn't show if a player has an f1 that is currently being handled. If possible like that :plussp:
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245320

I like your idea but I sadly don't think that this can be implemented properly for various reasons...

ToBeHonest wrote:
Make it so peoples that make an f1 cannot join events, because it's frustrating.
Let's say a player makes an F1 a few minutes before an event starts and no staff member starts to handle it. Should the player be prevented from joining the event? Should the F1 be discarded automatically once the reporter joins an event? Should the player be kicked out of the event once a staff member starts handling their F1? All of these options aren't ideal. Preventing the player from joining the event would be frustrating for them (especially if the player is new and doesen't know that he can't join an even while he has an active F1). Automatically discarding the F1 would mean that potential rule breaks won't be handled properly just because the player wants to get a chance of winning some items / cash. Kicking the player out of the event is even worse in that sense. We don't wanna "punish" or "restrict" players for reporting rule breakers.

ToBeHonest wrote:
Admins should also have access to a tool to kick somebody out of the event, let's say Player A got reported for RDM but upon teleporting him, he instantly goes into the event i can't do anything about it..
But if i have a tool to kick him out of the event, i can teleport him back on my sit and finish it.
Granted, this idea is better than the previous one of automatically preventing / kicking players involved in F1's but it has it's own flaws. I don't think giving admins the ability to kick players out of an event would go well. Surely most admins wouldn't abuse this power and only use it in appropriate situations but there are for sure gonna be a few cases in which admins are gonna accidentally / intentionally use this in unintended circumstances. It's gonna frustrate affected players, prevent them from potentially getting items / cash and cause more work for the lead team. I would personally only make this feature available for lead team members but that would defeat the whole point of your idea.

All in all I don't think that this should be implemented. The additional work and the potential flaws of these implementations just aren't worth it, especially considering this rarely happens.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Martin.

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245321

Martin wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Is it not possible to just have it so if a player has an f1 they have made they can still join events however if a staff member handles the f1 they can not join the event. ( I have a feeling i am oversimplifying it and for it to be added to a good standard a lot more work would be needed and as you say, due to how rarely it happens it shouldn't necessarily be a main focus if it is accepted.)
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Spectrum.

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245322

Spectrum wrote:
Martin wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Is it not possible to just have it so if a player has an f1 they have made they can still join events however if a staff member handles the f1 they can not join the event. ( I have a feeling i am oversimplifying it and for it to be added to a good standard a lot more work would be needed and as you say, due to how rarely it happens it shouldn't necessarily be a main focus if it is accepted.)

But what if a player is already in an event when the staff member handles the F1? Or what if the player joined the event and is in the "waiting for players" phase when a staff member handles the F1?
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245323

What if the reported player is kicked out of the event then found out he didnt break any rules. Now that player is frustrated about missing the event
  • Nay
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678
✯✯ Former TTT Server Owner✯✯

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245325

DANlEL wrote:
cant u just make it so the player doesn't get the event notification if his f1 is being handled, otherwise if he already pressed F1 to join, the staff has to wait

What the player was in an F1 earlier and the staff member forgot to mark the F1 as finished (it happens quite frequently actually)? The player won't receive event notifications until the staff member realises that he forgot to mark the F1 as finished.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245327

Nay wrote:
What if the reported player is kicked out of the event then found out he didnt break any rules. Now that player is frustrated about missing the event
What i'm saying is peoples join the events on purpose during a sit MANY times.
For example, Sinz tend to ALWAYS join events while im currently in a sit with him, and i can't do anything and i must wait until he finishes

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245329

Why not just make it so if people make an F1 they can't join events until it is closed?
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245331

DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Why not just make it so if people make an F1 they can't join events until it is closed?
Martin wrote:
What if the player was in an F1 earlier and the staff member forgot to mark the F1 as finished (it happens quite frequently actually)? The player won't receive event notifications until the staff member realises that he forgot to mark the F1 as finished.
Then get ur staff to remember? Its rly not that hard lol
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Denis.

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245334

Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
What if the player was in an F1 earlier and the staff member forgot to mark the F1 as finished (it happens quite frequently actually)? The player won't receive event notifications until the staff member realises that he forgot to mark the F1 as finished.

Thats kind of like saying "why do we need staff members? Just get players not to break rules" - It's just something that happens and it's natural. Everyone makes mistakes. They get told in staff trainings but in some situations it's easy to "forget" to mark an F1 as finished. It's usually not a big deal but with that being added it could lead to players not being able to get a chance of winning items / cash in an event.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245337

DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
It is tho? I often have to remind other staff and other staff have to remind me to finish an F1. It happens when you do 20-60 F1s every week
Mate I'm not being funny and I haven't used the F1 system on ZARP before but most likely its just clicking a button to mark it as finished right? Surely it can't be that difficult lol. And even if you were doing 60 F1s a week thats like what 8 F1s a day. Hardly rushed off ur feet lol
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245339

Martin wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:

Thats kind of like saying "why do we need staff members? Just get players not to break rules" - It's just something that happens and it's natural. Everyone makes mistakes. They get told in staff trainings but in some situations it's easy to "forget" to mark an F1 as finished. It's usually not a big deal but with that being added it could lead to players not being able to get a chance of winning items / cash in an event.
No its not are you alright? If you wanna make excuses for your staff team then go ahead but the truth of the matter is it rly would not be hard to mark something as finished like surely it would become common practice for a staff member. If a staff member "forgot" to bring someone to a sit then there would be a problem so the same goes for marking a sit as finished if this system was implemented. If you don't want to implement the system for a different reason then say that reason but saying "my staff team isn't even able to mark F1s as finished when they finish an F1" is just poor
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245341

Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
It is tho? I often have to remind other staff and other staff have to remind me to finish an F1. It happens when you do 20-60 F1s every week
Mate I'm not being funny and I haven't used the F1 system on ZARP before but most likely its just clicking a button to mark it as finished right? Surely it can't be that difficult lol. And even if you were doing 60 F1s a week thats like what 8 F1s a day. Hardly rushed off ur feet lol

If it is just clicking a button then thats what makes it so forgettable.
  • Nay
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245342

Nay wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:

If it is just clicking a button then thats what makes it so forgettable.
U must be trolling me there's no way ur being serious loool
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245344

A short simple task with no repercussions if it was completed later is easily forgotten especially when you've got other stuff to do. That's all I'm saying
  • Nay
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245345

Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:

No its not are you alright? If you wanna make excuses for your staff team then go ahead but the truth of the matter is it rly would not be hard to mark something as finished like surely it would become common practice for a staff member. If a staff member "forgot" to bring someone to a sit then there would be a problem so the same goes for marking a sit as finished if this system was implemented. If you don't want to implement the system for a different reason then say that reason but saying "my staff team isn't even able to mark F1s as finished when they finish an F1" is just poor

You've missed my point completely bud. I'm not making excuses for "my" staff team, I'm simply stating facts and possible issues with the suggestion. It's a fact that staff members (especially newer staff members / staff member that are handling a lot of F1's in a short time period) sometimes forget to mark an F1 as finished after dealing with the situation. It's in no way comparable to "forgetting to bring someone to a sit". It's a minor thing, not a big deal. If a staff member forgets to mark an F1 as finished the user doesen't really know about it and I was simply stating that not showing event notifications for players in an active F1 would not be a good idea in that case. The player would miss out on events without even knowing / realising that they are taking place.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245346

Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:

It's not necessarily a common thing to happen however it does happen from time to time because when handling f1s and so forth you will end up handling with other situations as well which can end up taking quite a long time which you can quite easily forget to mark it as done if you are busy doing something.

I don't see what point you are trying to make, being staff is completely voluntary so although the staff do focus on their roles they do also like to play the game.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245348

Martin wrote:
I like your idea but I sadly don't think that this can be implemented properly for various reasons...

ToBeHonest wrote:
Let's say a player makes an F1 a few minutes before an event starts and no staff member starts to handle it. Should the player be prevented from joining the event? Should the F1 be discarded automatically once the reporter joins an event? Should the player be kicked out of the event once a staff member starts handling their F1? All of these options aren't ideal. Preventing the player from joining the event would be frustrating for them (especially if the player is new and doesen't know that he can't join an even while he has an active F1). Automatically discarding the F1 would mean that potential rule breaks won't be handled properly just because the player wants to get a chance of winning some items / cash. Kicking the player out of the event is even worse in that sense. We don't wanna "punish" or "restrict" players for reporting rule breakers.

ToBeHonest wrote:
Granted, this idea is better than the previous one of automatically preventing / kicking players involved in F1's but it has it's own flaws. I don't think giving admins the ability to kick players out of an event would go well. Surely most admins wouldn't abuse this power and only use it in appropriate situations but there are for sure gonna be a few cases in which admins are gonna accidentally / intentionally use this in unintended circumstances. It's gonna frustrate affected players, prevent them from potentially getting items / cash and cause more work for the lead team. I would personally only make this feature available for lead team members but that would defeat the whole point of your idea.

All in all I don't think that this should be implemented. The additional work and the potential flaws of these implementations just aren't worth it, especially considering this rarely happens.
Admins can also abuse noclip etc, so what's the proper argument about adding a new command lmao
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245365

Martin wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:
Denis wrote:
DANlEL wrote:
Denis wrote:
Martin wrote:

You've missed my point completely bud. I'm not making excuses for "my" staff team, I'm simply stating facts and possible issues with the suggestion. It's a fact that staff members (especially newer staff members / staff member that are handling a lot of F1's in a short time period) sometimes forget to mark an F1 as finished after dealing with the situation. It's in no way comparable to "forgetting to bring someone to a sit". It's a minor thing, not a big deal. If a staff member forgets to mark an F1 as finished the user doesen't really know about it and I was simply stating that not showing event notifications for players in an active F1 would not be a good idea in that case. The player would miss out on events without even knowing / realising that they are taking place.
Alright whatever you say bro I won't argue with you guys anymore but obviously if this system was implemented it would no longer be a "minor thing". Although that should really go without saying you never rly know with ZARP staff clearly.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

304 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun