Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Disallow peoples joining events during a sit

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245373

Ashur wrote:
Martin wrote:
I like your idea but I sadly don't think that this can be implemented properly for various reasons...

ToBeHonest wrote:
Make it so peoples that make an f1 cannot join events, because it's frustrating.
Let's say a player makes an F1 a few minutes before an event starts and no staff member starts to handle it. Should the player be prevented from joining the event? Should the F1 be discarded automatically once the reporter joins an event? Should the player be kicked out of the event once a staff member starts handling their F1? All of these options aren't ideal. Preventing the player from joining the event would be frustrating for them (especially if the player is new and doesen't know that he can't join an even while he has an active F1). Automatically discarding the F1 would mean that potential rule breaks won't be handled properly just because the player wants to get a chance of winning some items / cash. Kicking the player out of the event is even worse in that sense. We don't wanna "punish" or "restrict" players for reporting rule breakers.

ToBeHonest wrote:
Admins should also have access to a tool to kick somebody out of the event, let's say Player A got reported for RDM but upon teleporting him, he instantly goes into the event i can't do anything about it..
But if i have a tool to kick him out of the event, i can teleport him back on my sit and finish it.
Granted, this idea is better than the previous one of automatically preventing / kicking players involved in F1's but it has it's own flaws. I don't think giving admins the ability to kick players out of an event would go well. Surely most admins wouldn't abuse this power and only use it in appropriate situations but there are for sure gonna be a few cases in which admins are gonna accidentally / intentionally use this in unintended circumstances. It's gonna frustrate affected players, prevent them from potentially getting items / cash and cause more work for the lead team. I would personally only make this feature available for lead team members but that would defeat the whole point of your idea.

All in all I don't think that this should be implemented. The additional work and the potential flaws of these implementations just aren't worth it, especially considering this rarely happens.
Admins can also abuse noclip etc, so what's the proper argument about adding a new command lmao

Every staff command can be abused to some extent. Admins have access to noclip because it's very useful in almost any staff situation. It opens up a lot more possibilities especially when checking illegal bases, watching rule breakers, etc. The benefits outweigh the risk of abuse by individuals. Being able to kick people out of an event that only lasts for about 5 - 10 minutes in most cases is a very specific power that can only be used properly in very specific situations. It's more likely that it will be used for an unintended purpose. Because of that I don't think that admins should have access to it.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Login or register to post a reply.

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245374

If they don’t get to join the event, tough shit on them they should solve the sit first then continue partaking in events and whatever else. Not the end of the world when there is an event every hour so..
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 3 years 9 months ago #1245852

Maybe if there was a way to disable event notifications this would all be ease.
  • Mix3rz
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 352

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 2 years 1 month ago #1379145

BUMP BRO :angry:

Disallow peoples joining events during a sit 2 years 1 month ago #1379205

In my time moderating the semi serious role playing server I never came across this issue.
  • . . . . .
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 135
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40