Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Forum Suggestion] Warnings+Viewing Removed Posts

[Forum Suggestion] Warnings+Viewing Removed Posts 3 years 7 months ago #1271691

If staff want the forum to not be a toxic hive, a proper administrative system is a start. These two things absolutely need to be features.

:plussp:
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Justice.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones

[Forum Suggestion] Warnings+Viewing Removed Posts 3 years 7 months ago #1271703

Though I mean no disrespect to any of the current forum staff members. nor do I wish to start drama, but (at least some of) the current Moderators (can't say names for certain I do not pay enough attention to every post) are breaking community guidelines and policies. A forum staff member, holding up to the Zarp Policies should handle deleting and locking posts quite differently. You can read the policy in question here but for those who do not wish to navigate away from the page / think that the policies section is something you shouldn't go to, here it is in the spoiler below.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Though I agree that users should be able to receive warnings on the forums, the reasoning should not be that they don't know what they did wrong, as the policy above clearly states that a forum staff member should include the reason on the post somewhere. And if they do leave a reason they should not just a short snarky comment, rather a proper explanation as to why they are editing, deleting, or locking a post.

I would highly encourage people to report forum staff members who are not abiding by this policy as they are actively using their powers in a way that does not adhere to Zarp Guidelines, and for a report to be denied when the policy is so clear would be difficult to explain using any other word than corrupt. For anyone who has been done wrong and is currently unable to make such a report because they are banned from the forums, you can click here to send an email with the report to the Community Team directly.

I do agree with the suggestion, though the forums are currently in a state for concern. This would help clear some things up and might actually encourage forum moderators (again not meant to all, just the ones who do not give the reasoning for deleting/locking posts, those who do... you rock!) to actually adhere to the above policy.

I'd gladly support a suggestion like this!

P.S. Forum Staff... Stop using "TOU" as a general term, just tell them the specific rule they broke. tyvm.
P.P.S. Sally you're doing great! Keep it up.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justice, Indiana Jones

[Forum Suggestion] Warnings+Viewing Removed Posts 3 years 7 months ago #1271779

kemi wrote:
Though I mean no disrespect to any of the current forum staff members. nor do I wish to start drama, but (at least some of) the current Moderators (can't say names for certain I do not pay enough attention to every post) are breaking community guidelines and policies. A forum staff member, holding up to the Zarp Policies should handle deleting and locking posts quite differently. You can read the policy in question here but for those who do not wish to navigate away from the page / think that the policies section is something you shouldn't go to, here it is in the spoiler below.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Though I agree that users should be able to receive warnings on the forums, the reasoning should not be that they don't know what they did wrong, as the policy above clearly states that a forum staff member should include the reason on the post somewhere. And if they do leave a reason they should not just a short snarky comment, rather a proper explanation as to why they are editing, deleting, or locking a post.

I would highly encourage people to report forum staff members who are not abiding by this policy as they are actively using their powers in a way that does not adhere to Zarp Guidelines, and for a report to be denied when the policy is so clear would be difficult to explain using any other word than corrupt. For anyone who has been done wrong and is currently unable to make such a report because they are banned from the forums, you can click here to send an email with the report to the Community Team directly.

I do agree with the suggestion, though the forums are currently in a state for concern. This would help clear some things up and might actually encourage forum moderators (again not meant to all, just the ones who do not give the reasoning for deleting/locking posts, those who do... you rock!) to actually adhere to the above policy.

I'd gladly support a suggestion like this!

P.S. Forum Staff... Stop using "TOU" as a general term, just tell them the specific rule they broke. tyvm.
P.P.S. Sally you're doing great! Keep it up.

No clue who you are but your input has been amazing. Thank you for this :)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

[Forum Suggestion] Warnings+Viewing Removed Posts 3 years 7 months ago #1273458

EviIstewie wrote:
Potential Issues/Exploits: I have no clue how something like this could be made but im sure someone here is smart enough to make it happen. Also it would be extra work for forum staff but im sure plenty of people would be willing to help out and apply for a staff position on the forums

I have come up with a solution of some kind to the complicated problems. As far as I have been able to see (by installing the forum modules Kunena) it is quite tricky to add new items as templates tend to do., however, there is a solution that might work outright though would require Forum staff to contact a Global Moderator or above in order to hand out the warnings. A user can be banned for 1 minute with a reason such as

Warning - TOU : Nonconstructive posting

Although this requires a Global Moderator to be involved, if the user had to be banned they would need to be involved anyway. And this way a Global Moderator can view warnings of a user allowing them to be a bit more flexible for first time offers vs. seasoned rulebreakers. After all they cannot see how many posts have been deleted by any other staff member.

Disclaimer: It is not an elegant solution, and users can still not view the warnings that they have, but, this is the simplest solution that does not require people to jury rig something together for the forums. In addition, warnings given by this system cannot be easily appealed and thus removed. So... yeah... there's that.

Another suggestion could always be keeping an Sheet to which all forum staff are added a place where all warnings are added by respective staff members. But that may be busy as well. I'll see if I cannot whip up something that allows easy tracking externally. I'll get back to y'all on that when this post needs another bump! 3rd party is still better than absolutely nothing am I right?
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

227 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127