Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Few changes needed

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210709

Hi all got a couple of suggestions that should be changed tbh.

1. Change to the rules on warning players
Rule: 2.2 In-game warnings to players.
When issuing a warning to a player in-game, make sure that it is through the chat medium so that everyone can see it. Make sure that you give the player ample warning (minimum of 2) and enough time to react to your warnings. After that you may then declare a KOS on them because of their actions. An example of this would be if a player is following you through the map or body blocking you, then you can KOS them after warnings have been given. After the second-warning it will not be classed as RDM..

This rule is pointless. The fact you can be KOS’D for following someone is absurd and means it can be exploited. I can’t see how you can KOS someone just for following them. It also says ample time. What is ample time? 2 seconds? 5 seconds? This needs to be put in place or I’ll just do what most people do with traitor testing and do copy and paste and spam it in chat. So can a time actually be put in and ensure all admins and mods know of this. Example today I was killed with 4 second warnings and 1 admin said that’s not enough time but because there’s no specific time they won’t be punished. But it’s all good 1 admin saying that but it’ll just turn into 1 rule for 1 and 1 for the other so everyone would need to be on the same page.

2. F2000
It’s just too overpowered and I’m sure if you play TTT enough there is enough complaints about it being overpowered. And people who comment saying no one complains clearly don’t play the server enough. It’s a simple fix so shouldn’t be hard to implement at all.

3. Racism
I think the fact if someone says the N word it’s only a 5 minute gag, it goes to show that using a racial slur isn’t been taken serious. 5 minutes is a joke. It’s a disgusting word . Needs to be much longer and immediate warning too.

Thanks for reading
Let me know your thoughts down below

Thanks
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by MR Jackson.
Login or register to post a reply.

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210712

I hope you’re joking cause that’s the biggest lie I’ve heard of 2020,.
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210713

i dont understand how people say the f2000 to op i think its shite when i use it
  • BCAT
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 674
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210714

Shows that it’s not just me then, plenty of people have a issue with it.
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210715

BDOG876 wrote:
i dont understand how people say the f2000 to op i think its shite when i use it
bdog spittin facks
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210716

F2000 is literally shit lol
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2228

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210799

3. Racism
I think the fact if someone says the N word it’s only a 5 minute gag, it goes to show that using a racial slur isn’t been taken serious. 5 minutes is a joke. It’s a disgusting word . Needs to be much longer and immediate warning too.

Excuse me?
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210802

Here Is what I think:
When issuing a warning to a player in-game, make sure that it is through the chat medium so that everyone can see it.
Why does everyone have to see that someone got warned?
3. Racism

I think as a begging gag, 5 mins is enough. I understand where you are coming from though. But I think that 5 mins as a first gag is enough as it shows the racist person that staff members can go a step further. Also giving the gagged guy more of a chance to talk and redeem themselves after the 5 mins.

Those are my thoughts :-)
  • Evan123
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 153

-TTT Ex-Admin-
-Deathrun Ex-Head Admin-
-Ex-TeamSpeak Staff-
-Surf Ex-Mod-

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210849

Only issue with the racism tho is it’s always just a 5 minute gag it’s never anything extra. Always 5 minutes never longer. It’s a serious issue that isn’t been taken seriously. It’s quite embarrassing tbh to see that’s the only
Punishment for saying a racial slur
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210881

MR Jackson wrote:
Only issue with the racism tho is it’s always just a 5 minute gag it’s never anything extra. Always 5 minutes never longer. It’s a serious issue that isn’t been taken seriously. It’s quite embarrassing tbh to see that’s the only
I’ve said this many times, but on TTT the bans and punishments are short compared to how it’s punished on other servers, especially SSRP. The punishments need to be stricter
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210883

MR Jackson wrote:
staff can mute + warn if they want to i guess nobody does anymore
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210924

A few things with the following rule its mainly in my opinion there so that if youre a traitor people don't follow you the entire time and ruin your t round and with the racism the gag/mute is increased by double each time and if its not the third time they get gaged/muted it will be a ban for constant racism. Don't really used f2000.
  • Exothermic362
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ya boi
  • Thanks received: 277
Exothermic362#0104
Steam!

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210930

Regarding what you said about racism, there is a community-wide policy: zarpgaming.com/index.php/help/policies/84-discrimination-policy
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210936

The word 'Ample' should be the big selling point here. I do see where you are coming from with the 'what is ample time', but its fairly simple and as the screenshot says "More than enough". I would say around 5-10 seconds between warnings is ample, and the chat is used to its clear and visible and cant be misheard. I am willing to discuss in the LT meeting to see what others view as ample time

Ample Definition
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

2. F2000

The F2000, alongside other guns, has had some changes to it during the last 24 hours and will be implemented on the server I assume later on today.

3. Racism

5 minutes may seem small, but its how its been done for a while and how the policy wants us to do it, as Xnator has provided. Should players be consistently racist they are banned from the server.
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR Jackson

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210955

Huperchild wrote:
MR Jackson wrote:
3. Racism
Imagine being offended by a word. Imo bullying someone or treating him differently because of their race should be considered racism. Not saying a word.

its not just a word though is it. There's a much deeper meaning to it than must a word
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210956

hazzenator wrote:

The word 'Ample' should be the big selling point here. I do see where you are coming from with the 'what is ample time', but its fairly simple and as the screenshot says "More than enough". I would say around 5-10 seconds between warnings is ample, and the chat is used to its clear and visible and cant be misheard. I am willing to discuss in the LT meeting to see what others view as ample time

Ample Definition
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

2. F2000

The F2000, alongside other guns, has had some changes to it during the last 24 hours and will be implemented on the server I assume later on today.

3. Racism

5 minutes may seem small, but its how its been done for a while and how the policy wants us to do it, as Xnator has provided. Should players be consistently racist they are banned from the server.

Cheers hazza, appreciate it
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1210972

MR Jackson wrote:

3. Racism

Frick off is it only a 5 minute gag :lol: :lol: :lol: ...?!?! I've been perma banned on the spot for saying it a single time

Also its just a word bud, if you get offended by a word then the problem lies with you. Offence can only be taken never given. I suggest investing your time and energy in getting thicker skin when it comes to words :) (that isn't in an insulting way, it would help you out in life)
  • Hungry Santa
  • Legendary Member
  • Gib me dat shit for free
  • Thanks received: 4086

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1211026

EviIstewie wrote:
MR Jackson wrote:

3. Racism

Frick off is it only a 5 minute gag :lol: :lol: :lol: ...?!?! I've been perma banned on the spot for saying it a single time

Also its just a word bud, if you get offended by a word then the problem lies with you. Offence can only be taken never given. I suggest investing your time and energy in getting thicker skin when it comes to words :) (that isn't in an insulting way, it would help you out in life)

I'm not personally offended by it but I think for the server there needs to be a harsher punishment and it's not just a word is it. there's a difference between calling someone a dick head and some one a ...
  • MR Jackson
  • Fresh Boarder
FBGM
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by MR Jackson.

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1211029

MR Jackson wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
MR Jackson wrote:

3. Racism

I'm not personally offended by it but I think for the server there needs to be a harsher punishment and it's not just a word is it. there's a difference between calling someone a dick head and some one a ...

Uhh no there isn't lol a word is a word. If you have learnt to only judge yourself and disregard any words people say to you, its meaningless. I like a fair few people at zarp but it goes down to a VERY select couple people I care about what they have to say, now I think about it I think its a singular person who words have any meaning. Words are only that, a vibration from someones vocal cords or a couple pixels on a screen. In no way does a word physically harm you in anyway whats so ever. So no there is no different between words. By giving it power you are causing more of an issue for yourself
  • Hungry Santa
  • Legendary Member
  • Gib me dat shit for free
  • Thanks received: 4086

Few changes needed 4 years 5 months ago #1211041

MR Jackson wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
MR Jackson wrote:
3. Racism
Imagine being offended by a word. Imo bullying someone or treating him differently because of their race should be considered racism. Not saying a word.

its not just a word though is it. There's a much deeper meaning to it than must a word

Okay Mr. Psychologist
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

163 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun