Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199741

Server Name:
★ ZARPGAMING.COM - TTT 24/7 Minecraft - VALENTINES UPDATE | U
Suggestion Title:
Change the hs rule in the way that you need to get dna from the hs so I can't rdm anyone who even looks at my hs (when I kos on using)
How would it benefit the server:
Less uncertainty about who uses the hs (due to the fact that dna is in logs but healing and death scenes aren't :])
Potential Issues/Exploits:
I will spam the logs with dna so you know I didn't rdm
Additional notes:
  • A
  • Alex The Dragon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199788

Nah, their fault for looking even In the general direction of the health station
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: maybedovahkitty, Vodka4Gaben

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199790

:plussp:
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199826

If there are multiple people around a HS then sure getting DNA off of it would be the most efficient way to find out who is using it.

If there’s only one person by it then you know for certain who used it meaning DNA isn’t needed.

Either way we shouldn’t have a rule stating that you need to get DNA before killing. As long as players know that they need to be 100% sure of who is using the HS before killing then it’s upto them if they want to get DNA or not.

I don’t know why TTT players want every situation to be in the rules. This is a “oh there are multiple people around my HS and someone is using it so I should get DNA to find out who is using it so I don’t RDM” type situation. Literally no point in a rule being added for it.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Winged Dragon of Raa

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199837

Jim_Jam wrote:
If there are multiple people around a HS then sure getting DNA off of it would be the most efficient way to find out who is using it.

If there’s only one person by it then you know for certain who used it meaning DNA isn’t needed.

Either way we shouldn’t have a rule stating that you need to get DNA before killing. As long as players know that they need to be 100% sure of who is using the HS before killing then it’s upto them if they want to get DNA or not.

I don’t know why TTT players want every situation to be in the rules. This is a “oh there are multiple people around my HS and someone is using it so I should get DNA to find out who is using it so I don’t RDM” type situation. Literally no point in a rule being added for it.

I don't think this is what he means. As a detective I can simply buy a HS and KOS it, and then kill pretty much anyone and claim that they used it. Without the detective getting dna, there is essentially no way to know if they are lying or not. Quite a lot of people do this and even when we think they're lying, there isnt much we can do.

EDIT - Even if this isnt what was meant, I still agree with the rulechange based on what i've said above.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Mattors.

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199838

:plussp:
  • BrokeNXD
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 234

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199882

Jim_Jam wrote:

The reason why I want this as a rule is so staff have tangable proof instead of having to rely on the honor system to deal with these kinds of reports like they have to do with:
  • Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Throwing nades (staff can't decide if the nade is close to players if players do not get hurt [e.g. throwing an incend inside the tester when someone wants to bring the gold block but nobody's dumb enough to run through the fire])
  • Throwing the gold block/diamonds
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • C4 placing (only arming, defusing and picking up is shown in logs)
  • Picking up/holding T weapons
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich
  • Pushing people off of cliffs into water
  • Pushing people into a T trap without it going off
This is one of the things you can find out without the use of death scenes.
  • Alex The Dragon
  • Fresh Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrokeNXD

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1199895

Alex The Dragon wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

The reason why I want this as a rule is so staff have tangable proof instead of having to rely on the honor system to deal with these kinds of reports like they have to do with:
  • Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Throwing nades (staff can't decide if the nade is close to players if players do not get hurt [e.g. throwing an incend inside the tester when someone wants to bring the gold block but nobody's dumb enough to run through the fire])
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich

1. Giving the entire community a list of excuses they can use for RDMing is only going to make matters worse.

2. Changing the rule only makes a detectives life harder, they shouldn’t have to bother messing around with DNA if they know for certain who used the HS, regardless of whether it’s logged or not.

3. Staff members should be able to detect the players that are clearly abusing this and RDMing constantly. This means that they can go into spectator mode (or just spectate when they die) and watch the player in question to ensure that they're following the rules.

4. No death scene
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Jim_Jam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Winged Dragon of Raa

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1200069

Alex The Dragon wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

• Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich
yo thanks for that list now i can abuse epic!!!1
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1200078

Jim_Jam wrote:
Alex The Dragon wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

• Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich

1. Giving the entire community a list of excuses they can use for RDMing is only going to make matters worse.

2. Changing the rule only makes a detectives life harder, they shouldn’t have to bother messing around with DNA if they know for certain who used the HS, regardless of whether it’s logged or not.

3. Staff members should be able to detect the players that are clearly abusing this and RDMing constantly. This means that they can go into spectator mode (or just spectate when they die) and watch the player in question to ensure that he’s following the rules.

4. No death scene

1. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that because staff don't have death scenes they can't reasonably be expected to fairly slay people for these reasons.

2. All they have to do is equip the dna scanner and left click the hs anytime after the person has used the hs. This can be after the person has died. (since all that matters is that the usage is in logs)

3. How have you become owner of TTT if this is how you deal with reports? Staff can go into spectator mode and make presumptions if someone is a rdmer, and you're saying that staff can punish based on these presumptions. Why does staff even have logs then, if they can just go into spectator mode and decide there? I suppose staff is also supposed to do that with everything I said in that list. I'm sure staff goes into spectator mode for the reports they can't handle with the information currently available to them. It's not like it's totally unreasonable for you to expect them to do that.

4. No death scenes.
  • Alex The Dragon
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1200089

Davidov007 wrote:
Alex The Dragon wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

• Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich
No problem. People who abuse totally read the forums for the latest ZARP™®©-related information.
  • Alex The Dragon
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1200090

Alex The Dragon wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
Alex The Dragon wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

• Unidentified bodies
  • [Burning bodies/li]
  • Hiding bodies
  • Propkilling
  • T baiting
  • Entering the T room
  • Eating a sandwich
No problem. People who abuse totally read the forums for the latest ZARP™®©-related information.
ill abuse this too :clap:
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1200109

Lmfao ur still alive
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[TTT] rule change so that I can't rdm with hs 4 years 1 month ago #1202025

#Denied
  • Jim_Jam