• Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestion: New Players

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142477

Server Name:
Servers 1/2/3

Suggestion Title:
New Players

How would it benefit the server:
Make the server less hostile to new players joining.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
The suggestion not being effective enough.

What the suggestion actually is:
One of the major issues regarding SSRP and one of the main reasons for its current state is the fact that the server is extremely hostile to new players who want to try out ZARP. When a player joins, they start out with 100k and nothing else. They have almost no inventory space (even after they get level 10 stamina skill) and zero items. What is the first thing a new player does when they join the server? - They attempt to start a base. They use nearly all of their 100k money to spawn their printers and upgrade them and then the base lasts less than ten minutes until it is instantly exploded, what do they do after the base is exploded?What CAN they do when they have literally no money left after their first and only base is completely destroyed in a thirty second raid? They leave the server and never come back.

New players on ZARP survive ONLY in a few ways; the kindness of non-new players and pure luck by joining server 2/3 and basing without being destroyed because those servers are mining servers. These aren't fixes, but they're incredibly easy to do and will at least help relieve the situation. Make it easier for new players to start out on ZARP SSRP.

1. Instead of starting out with 100k (which is literally comparable to one dollar in real life) make it so that a new player starts out with at the minimum, one million dollars. 1m on this server is also comparable to one dollar in real life, but at least they have enough for more than one base to start out with if they are destroyed. No one would go through the process of duplicating a 1m on ZARP with alt accounts either, as 1m is not worth anything. It's only to help someone start out.

2. Give new players a temporary boost to their printers. I'm not sure how this could be done, but the idea is to give them at least a x3 boost to all of their printers (which are only going to be the non-vip printers (trash printers) unless they buy VIP instantly for some reason.) The boost will last maybe a few days up to a week. This will make it so the new players can actually make something out of a base.

These are just two suggestions that I think might not solve the issue, but make things at least easier. Feel free to post your own suggestions to help new players on ZARP SSRP. Thanks for reading.

I hope this thread will start an actual discussion on how to HELP the situation with ZARP. Do not shit-post in this thread, if you actually care about the server you won't argue with each other constantly either.

Post constructive criticism and contribute in meaningful ways.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd
  • Thanks received: 242
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142478

tbh we just need better starter printers, the current ones are so useless, you would have to base for DAYS to ever become "rich"

maybe even having discounts on printers for new players could help idk
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dramn

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142489

As much as I want to improve the ‘fresh-start’ experience, it will only be so effective when you factor in the experienced players with lots of specials and suits.

Making it easier to get money for a new player is only effective when somebody doesn’t raid them and essentially run them off the server because they have nothing to defend with.

I think we need to build on what you’ve already suggested to make it a ‘two-prong’ suggestion and by that I mean both improving the experience for new(er) players but also making it more difficult for experienced players with big inventories to shit on newbies
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142500

I only enjoy raiding new players
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142510

I can definitely support both of the points you've mentioned, very good ideas indeed. Though what concerns me more is the way known and common members of the community treat new players - I used to go undercover very often and pretend i knew jack shit about what ZARP is, let alone DarkRP and the way i was treated was... horrific to say the least. That is something we cannot fix and the problem with this is way beyond fixable and lies in the way their parents (haven't) taught these certain people how to behave. Only a small portion of players were willing to help out and i think every person reading this should separate a few minutes to do the same... I think that this is a brilliant idea and that it will indeed help more people who just joined to start their adventure on the SSRP server(s) but unfortunately it won't fix all the problems...

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142532

:support:
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142543

:plussp: Great ideas, i often help out newer players with large bases where i supply them with my printers and their own for them to make their fortunes, one new player i helpped for about 3 days and he bought his first suit within that time ( a 400m nano suit ), he also was invited into a large gang where him, and a few others, were invited to play with us and learn the server more.
We need our players to be more friendly before any other action is done.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: maybedovahkitty, Dramn

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142553

YES :plussp:
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142610

Keep it on topic please.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142685

Tbh most people raid the new players then complain that the server is dead.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, .uzi, Dramn

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142686

Good idea tbh. When I first joined someone gave me 1mil and it helped me a lot tbh. But I've just got raid by OP suits too many times and left in 3 days. You have good ideas but it won't stop people from raiding new players unfortunatly.
But I still support this !
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142720

Dramn wrote:
Server Name:
Servers 1/2/3

Suggestion Title:
New Players

One of the major issues regarding SSRP and one of the main reasons for its current state is the fact that the server is extremely hostile to new players who want to try out ZARP. When a player joins, they start out with 100k and nothing else. They have almost no inventory space (even after they get level 10 stamina skill) and zero items. What is the first thing a new player does when they join the server? - They attempt to start a base. They use nearly all of their 100k money to spawn their printers and upgrade them and then the base lasts less than ten minutes until it is instantly exploded, what do they do after the base is exploded?What CAN they do when they have literally no money left after their first and only base is completely destroyed in a thirty second raid? They leave the server and never come back.

New players on ZARP survive ONLY in a few ways; the kindness of non-new players and pure luck by joining server 2/3 and basing without being destroyed because those servers are mining servers. These aren't fixes, but they're incredibly easy to do and will at least help relieve the situation. Make it easier for new players to start out on ZARP SSRP.

1. Instead of starting out with 100k (which is literally comparable to one dollar in real life) make it so that a new player starts out with at the minimum, one million dollars. 1m on this server is also comparable to one dollar in real life, but at least they have enough for more than one base to start out with if they are destroyed. No one would go through the process of duplicating a 1m on ZARP with alt accounts either, as 1m is not worth anything. It's only to help someone start out.

2. Give new players a temporary boost to their printers. I'm not sure how this could be done, but the idea is to give them at least a x3 boost to all of their printers (which are only going to be the non-vip printers (trash printers) unless they buy VIP instantly for some reason.) The boost will last maybe a few days up to a week. This will make it so the new players can actually make something out of a base.

These are just two suggestions that I think might not solve the issue, but make things at least easier. Feel free to post your own suggestions to help new players on ZARP SSRP. Thanks for reading.

I hope this thread will start an actual discussion on how to HELP the situation with ZARP. Do not shit-post in this thread, if you actually care about the server you won't argue with each other constantly either.

For suggestion 2, I can already tell people would exploit that for their own benefit (Make new accounts and place prints)
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142726

AlphaLyle wrote:
Dramn wrote:
Server Name:
Servers 1/2/3

Suggestion Title:
New Players

For suggestion 2, I can already tell people would exploit that for their own benefit (Make new accounts and place prints)
Yes, people will abuse that to make an extra 10 mill a day!
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142734

This is a great idea.

Maybe to solve the issue of people exploiting the printer boost is that people with accounts linked through family share do not get a boost and/or do not start with 1m dollars and instead start with 100k as usual.
  • BlueCider
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 64

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142775

Thank you for all of the feedback.

Another suggestion might be to increase the inventory weight by maybe 10-20 so that when they spend the money on items they don't instantly run out of space.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1142868

Huperchild wrote:
i think raiding should be nerfed
and by that i dont mean add a new "super cool summer 2019 item from the case u can purchase with booster packs that will protect props(better than baseshields)" but make raiding take more than 2 brain cells to spam a handcannon and a tgun and destroy a base in a second
What if no update :oooo
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1143096

Bump.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1143173

Kyber wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
Dramn wrote:
Server Name:
Servers 1/2/3

Suggestion Title:
New Players

Yes, people will abuse that to make an extra 10 mill a day!
If they print for a week those VIP prints will grant them a shit ton
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1143176

A good suggestion, but the way I see it, unless you by a 10m printer, the printers are worthless, you need printers that actually scale like how much the basic printers cost also scale.

A sapphire is dogshit, and the only semi good default printer is the VIP one, which is hidden behind a paywall, and you can only have 1 of them at a time.

I said this when I first joined, but thanks to Taylor for buying a rare case on new years from me for 50m, I could actually start on the server and have fun and have since made over 1b with that original 50m

Before that 50m I'd ask how people earned money and it was such a slow, and boring struggle it just didn't make it worth grinding out 10 hours of my life for a week before i could even get somewhere started

Default printers (moreso) and starting money are defo needing improved IMO
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

[SSRP] Suggestion: New Players 4 years 9 months ago #1143279

just revive fp instead its better lol
  • Crocodile
  • Junior Boarder
  • chute made my karma -21 for no reason
  • Thanks received: 191