Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Training Policy Suggestion

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139661

Plankton wrote:
Don't really like this idea, rather than lots of people doing training should just be a select few who train the entire staff team or any new staff members, this way a few people become good at actually teaching the people how to be effective staff. Rather than having 10 people training people who don't go in depth with the rules. Would allow for way more consistent and higher quality staff members

With all due respect, there is no correlation between the number of trainers and their comprehensivity. While I agree that you gain more experience as you train more staff members, I fail to see why a vaster number of trainers can't have equally meticulous trainings, at least roughly so. Assuming that more trainers produce worse trainings is frankly just wrong, so I can't accept that argument.

Additionally, as .uzi stated, we would tighten the training regime quite a bit which would mean that lead team members wouldn't be running around without proper knowledge of how to train new staff members anyway. So even if I suppose that your argument is valid, there is already something put in place to prevent that from happening.

Also, being able to talk directly to a single or pair of trainees allows you to convey things a lot easier than you would be able to when training a larger volume of people. Hence why it would be better to train more staff members individually, ignoring my previous arguments.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The topic has been locked.

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139726

Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Don't really like this idea, rather than lots of people doing training should just be a select few who train the entire staff team or any new staff members, this way a few people become good at actually teaching the people how to be effective staff. Rather than having 10 people training people who don't go in depth with the rules. Would allow for way more consistent and higher quality staff members

With all due respect, there is no correlation between the number of trainers and their comprehensivity. While I agree that you gain more experience as you train more staff members, I fail to see why a vaster number of trainers can't have equally meticulous trainings, at least roughly so. Assuming that more trainers produce worse trainings is frankly just wrong, so I can't accept that argument.

Additionally, as .uzi stated, we would tighten the training regime quite a bit which would mean that lead team members wouldn't be running around without proper knowledge of how to train new staff members anyway. So even if I suppose that your argument is valid, there is already something put in place to prevent that from happening.

Also, being able to talk directly to a single or pair of trainees allows you to convey things a lot easier than you would be able to when training a larger volume of people. Hence why it would be better to train more staff members individually, ignoring my previous arguments.

Should read the full post before commenting
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139727

Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

I read the entire post mate.

Edit: I see that you elaborated on your argument in another reply. That's on you for not including that in your initial argument
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rick Townsend.

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139737

Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

Edit: I see that you elaborated on your argument in another reply. That's on you for not including that in your initial argument

not at all lol
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139740

Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

not at all lol

Anyway, my argument still stands. I don't think it's inherently difficult to become proficient in training staff members at all. Perhaps the measures you mentioned would be necessary if this task was on a higher scale of difficulty, but as it stands, it isn't.

I still believe we should improve the training regime in general though, to make sure the lead team are following a set of guidelines that allow for fewer mistakes to happen.

To clarify, I think your idea is quite good, I just don't think it's necessary for this topic in specific. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139742

LonelyDodo wrote:
Henny wrote:
I never liked the idea of people being trained in groups. The teamspeak channel idea is quite nice as well.
:plussp:

Back in my day TTT handled trainings 1 on 1 TS spacer and things went well and I believe back then we had the most capable staff we have ever had. It allows the LT to get better touch with new recruits and ensures they know what they do

I have experience of one situation in training multiple people at once and I could feel the quamity of the training go down the drain

In my time we also had designated trainers. Some LT never trained or trained 1 guy every now and then so this policy would only bring good things

i only ever trained a single person at a time back when deathrun actually had a few people being accepted weekly, it’s just easier to do for the trainer and more beneficial for the person being trained if it’s 1 to 1
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Townsend

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139747

Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

not at all lol

Anyway, my argument still stands. I don't think it's inherently difficult to become proficient in training staff members at all. Perhaps the measures you mentioned would be necessary if this task was on a higher scale of difficulty, but as it stands, it isn't.

I still believe we should improve the training regime in general though, to make sure the lead team are following a set of guidelines that allow for fewer mistakes to happen.

To clarify, I think your idea is quite good, I just don't think it's necessary for this topic in specific. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.

I disagree the standard of staff today is very low, something like this would raise the bar on staffing as a whole and make it a much more serious matter
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139761

Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

not at all lol

I disagree the standard of staff today is very low, something like this would raise the bar on staffing as a whole and make it a much more serious matter

You fail to understand what I mean. I actually do agree that there is some level of incompetence in the current staff team (Add me on Steam if you want me to elaborate, will be a fun talk lmao - Steam in signature)

My point is that it isn't a difficult task, it's just the guidelines and regulations surrounding it that is bad. If we improve these guidelines, regulations and policies we will see an increase in the quality of our staff members because the lead team members that train them have gotten more specific instructions on how to do it.

You see, if a lead team member is incapable of going in-depth himself, why can't we design a guide that essentially does it for them?
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139779

Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

not at all lol

You fail to understand what I mean. I actually do agree that there is some level of incompetence in the current staff team (Add me on Steam if you want me to elaborate, will be a fun talk lmao - Steam in signature)

My point is that it isn't a difficult task, it's just the guidelines and regulations surrounding it that is bad. If we improve these guidelines, regulations and policies we will see an increase in the quality of our staff members because the lead team members that train them have gotten more specific instructions on how to do it.

You see, if a lead team member is incapable of going in-depth himself, why can't we design a guide that essentially does it for them?

In my opinion if a lead team member needs an guide to give a competent training experience due to the fact he is incapable then he shouldn't be lead team
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139783

Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Plankton wrote:

not at all lol

In my opinion if a lead team member needs an guide to give a competent training experience due to the fact he is incapable then he shouldn't be lead team

I agree, but clearly, we are looking to factor out the incompetence and I simply think my way of going about it is optimal because it will require less hassle for the CM/HA team (picking good trainers) and still allow the trainings to achieve a fair amount of detail.

I think we will probably have to agree to disagree on the method we choose in order to filter out the incompetence, but in the end, we can both agree that a lead team candidate should, realistically, be able to train new staff with a decent level of competence.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139850

• Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139856

I do support all of this.

#uzi4president
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139858

I'll bring this up in the next cm team meeting.

+Support
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139877

Clarky wrote:
I'll bring this up in the next cm team meeting.

+Support
Legend
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139966

As the most powerful and loved member of this community and my unparalleled knowledge of all gamemodes, I will personally give this my seal of approval.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139967

TheXnator wrote:
As Clarky is the most powerful and loved member of this community and Clarky's unparalleled knowledge of all gamemodes, I will personally give this my seal of approval.
Good statement
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139968

I have updating my draft policy with the following changes:

1. New Super Administrators must have their first training session supervised by a Head Administrator or above.

2. Staff who hold the rank of Super Administrator and above and have had a supervised training session may train staff on their own.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139970

.uzi wrote:

1. New Super Administrators must have their first training session supervised by a Head Administrator or above.

2. Staff who hold the rank of Super Administrator and above and have had a supervised training session may train staff on their own.

You're welcome!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139976

.uzi wrote:

I supervised Nafe's trainings when he first got Super Admin. I've also supervised Richard's trainings shortly after he became SA. I mean, leaving them to do their first training by themselves seems kind of dumb, doesn't it? There's no way they can execute a training perfectly without being told what to do during their first training. (I supervised as an SA and User respectively)

I have no idea why other lead team members weren't doing this by default, to be honest - I was under the impression that we were already doing this. Anyhow, glad to see it written into a policy.

• Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend