Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Training Policy Suggestion

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139598

Server Name: N/A - this applies to the community

Suggestion Title: Training Policy

How would it benefit the server:
  • More structured training regime that would have to be followed by all lead team staff within the community
  • Policy would restrict sessions to a maximum of two trainees per session; implying that training is more focused for the individual(s).
  • Improved privacy for sessions by implementing training channels in teamspeak.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
  • Training could take longer to do for larger groups of accepted staff.

Additional notes:

I have drafted a policy for this suggestion:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

In addition to this suggestion, I am proposing to make some training section in teamspeak that would have 5(?) training channels and a training lobby where users could wait to be trained.

Feel free to discuss
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by .uzi.
The topic has been locked.

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139603

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139605

this would be great, I see no problems really

• eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139607

Don't really like this idea, rather than lots of people doing training should just be a select few who train the entire staff team or any new staff members, this way a few people become good at actually teaching the people how to be effective staff. Rather than having 10 people training people who don't go in depth with the rules. Would allow for way more consistent and higher quality staff members
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139608

Plankton wrote:
Don't really like this idea, rather than lots of people doing training should just be a select few who train the entire staff team or any new staff members, this way a few people become good at actually teaching the people how to be effective staff. Rather than having 10 people training people who don't go in depth with the rules. Would allow for way more consistent and higher quality staff members

I’m confused. Where are you getting this from?

Lead team members are primarily responsible for training promoted/recruited staff. Not all admins volunteer to train staff but it’s an option for those keen to progress in ranks but the supervision is required to ensure the training is done properly.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139609

.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

Lead team members are primarily responsible for training promoted/recruited staff. Not all admins volunteer to train staff but it’s an option for those keen to progress in ranks but the supervision is required to ensure the training is done properly.

Not all lead team even train properly, Should be like 2-3 people who have an interview with community team members show casing their training skills.
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139610

Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

Not all lead team even train properly, Should be like 2-3 people who have an interview with community team members show casing their training skills.

Oh right - I’m with you now.

That’s a cool idea I suppose, lead team members could apply for a trainer role or something like that would let them train people. Only issue is, I can tell not a lot of people would volunteer for it
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139611

.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

That’s a cool idea I suppose, lead team members could apply for a trainer role or something like that would let them train people. Only issue is, I can tell not a lot of people would volunteer for it

Well you wouldn't know until you tried im sure a few people would apply for it, also If i was a community manager or owner of a server I would rather my staff team get the proper training even if it's only 1 person who can do the training sessions rather than having a bunch of people doing training all differently guess its just a matter of what they'd prefer

quality or accessibility

edit: Also the point of you saying not a lot of people would apply for it shows that not every lead team member should be able to train people, I'm sure some look at it as a chore. You want dedicated people who are enthusiastic about it.
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Plankton.

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139614

Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

Well you wouldn't know until you tried im sure a few people would apply for it, also If i was a community manager or owner of a server I would rather my staff team get the proper training even if it's only 1 person who can do the training sessions rather than having a bunch of people doing training all differently guess its just a matter of what they'd prefer

quality or accessibility

Good idea, but how to be objective, to judge who is good, and who is not, at training staff ?
It's subtle and subjective.

But overall, having one or two qualified LT members who would spend more time in training, and less in other tasks, would suit my taste to be honest !
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139615

As the cm the community wants I will personally train every staff member
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139618

Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

Good idea, but how to be objective, to judge who is good, and who is not, at training staff ?

But overall, having one or two qualified LT members who would spend more time in training, and less in other tasks, would suit my taste to be honest !

The same way they would judge who would be a good lead team member or community manager?

To train people how to do something effectively you need skills not everyone possesses an example would be social skills. They would do a pitch sort of thing where they would take the community team through their training program, they are the people who run the server I'm sure they're more than capable of telling if someone would be able to teach effectively after seeing their skills themselves
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139620

Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

The same way they would judge who would be a good lead team member or community manager?

To train people how to do something effectively you need skills not everyone possesses an example would be social skills. They would do a pitch sort of thing where they would take the community team through their training program, they are the people who run the server I'm sure they're more than capable of telling if someone would be able to teach effectively after seeing their skills themselves

Easier said than done.
I don't think there is a ranking among LT members on each server.

But in such a case, if a poor choice/decision is made on the trainer, it could affect lots of fresh staff members.

I may be thinking way too much and far about this.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139621

Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

Easier said than done.

But in such a case, if a poor choice/decision is made on the trainer, it could affect lots of fresh staff members.

Not sure what you mean about ranking among lead team servers but if someone is poor at training then they can have the privileges taken away just like any other rank and thats also the reason why each person who wants to be able to train new staff would have to do it infront of the community team so they can see if they have a good in depth training program
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139624

Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

Easier said than done.

Not sure what you mean about ranking among lead team servers but if someone is poor at training then they can have the privileges taken away just like any other rank and thats also the reason why each person who wants to be able to train new staff would have to do it infront of the community team so they can see if they have a good in depth training program

I agree and get you on this one, once again I'm favorable about the idea.
But then again, and I was myself HA for months on TTT, "spotting" a poor trainer is difficult.

It takes time and, more importantly, several failed trainings to realize.

What I meant by ranking, is the fact that it's even harder to determine who is better in training than the rest.

The idea is nice and would benefit the LT, giving more specialized members.
But the risks are high if not executed properly.

I don't know if I make sense.
if not, just forget about my comments, and have a nice evening :)
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139629

Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

Easier said than done.

But then again, and I was myself HA for months on TTT, "spotting" a poor trainer is difficult.

What I meant by ranking, is the fact that it's even harder to determine who is better in training than the rest.

not really any risk, if they leave it the way it is currently then any lead team can train weather they're bad or not this way they are atleast tested before given that privilege I don't see any problem with it at all
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139630

Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Plankton wrote:

quality or accessibility

Easier said than done.

not really any risk, if they leave it the way it is currently then any lead team can train weather they're bad or not this way they are atleast tested before given that privilege I don't see any problem with it at all

You have a point.
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139631

:support:
  • Rice Seeds
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Guys go mako!
  • Thanks received: 79

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139645

I never liked the idea of people being trained in groups. The teamspeak channel idea is quite nice as well.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139649

Sounds promising
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

Training Policy Suggestion 4 years 9 months ago #1139660

Henny wrote:
I never liked the idea of people being trained in groups. The teamspeak channel idea is quite nice as well.

Back in my day TTT handled trainings 1 on 1 TS spacer and things went well and I believe back then we had the most capable staff we have ever had. It allows the LT to get better touch with new recruits and ensures they know what they do

I have experience of one situation in training multiple people at once and I could feel the quamity of the training go down the drain

In my time we also had designated trainers. Some LT never trained or trained 1 guy every now and then so this policy would only bring good things

• LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LonelyDodo.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

143 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47