Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule "change" suggestion

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137700

LonelyDodo wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
I agree with Chespin, shielding yourself is definitely a tacti you could use - Rarely, that is. Having shielding allowed would cause more problems like the one mentioned by Chespin of accidental propkilling and fake excuses, and would ultimately be useless and underused as an actual defense tool as this is Garry's Mod, not R6S. It is extremely easy to get someone killed with props because of the retarded way source physics works so :minussp: on that.

This is where we fundamentally disagree sadly. How I see is that if shielding is removed from the forbidden uses of the props it could be utilized, but not exploited as if someone does something (for example prop kills) because of the attempt to shield its still a prop kill and thus punishable. We do punish users for making accidental RDM's and so we should punish for accidental prop abuse as well. But I guess I am in the minority with my view on the issue
Are you saying it is necessary to punish for accidents? If someone new to the server with 0 recents accidentally killed someone (depending on how they respond to the report and their attitude in the chat etc) I would not punish them for it, and i’m sure most other staff members wouldn’t.

Rule violations must have consequences. Although the consequences may differ when dealing with diffrent people as staff ethos so clearly states. A user that has a good attitude and no previous punishments nor any ill intentions with a minor rule break (for example prop pushing) should not be slain or warned because the situation doesnt require you to do so. Instead they should be verbally warned that they are doing something wrong and continuing to do so will give them more severe punishments. As staff member you should not ignore rule violations and rather just decide tge right approach on the issue.
yeah and my point was it is not necessary to punish every single user that breaks a rule if unintentional, or even intentionally if it's their first time and they are apologetic, unless it happens again, of course.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LonelyDodo

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137702

Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
I agree with Chespin, shielding yourself is definitely a tacti you could use - Rarely, that is. Having shielding allowed would cause more problems like the one mentioned by Chespin of accidental propkilling and fake excuses, and would ultimately be useless and underused as an actual defense tool as this is Garry's Mod, not R6S. It is extremely easy to get someone killed with props because of the retarded way source physics works so :minussp: on that.

This is where we fundamentally disagree sadly. How I see is that if shielding is removed from the forbidden uses of the props it could be utilized, but not exploited as if someone does something (for example prop kills) because of the attempt to shield its still a prop kill and thus punishable. We do punish users for making accidental RDM's and so we should punish for accidental prop abuse as well. But I guess I am in the minority with my view on the issue
Are you saying it is necessary to punish for accidents? If someone new to the server with 0 recents accidentally killed someone (depending on how they respond to the report and their attitude in the chat etc) I would not punish them for it, and i’m sure most other staff members wouldn’t.

Rule violations must have consequences. Although the consequences may differ when dealing with diffrent people as staff ethos so clearly states. A user that has a good attitude and no previous punishments nor any ill intentions with a minor rule break (for example prop pushing) should not be slain or warned because the situation doesnt require you to do so. Instead they should be verbally warned that they are doing something wrong and continuing to do so will give them more severe punishments. As staff member you should not ignore rule violations and rather just decide tge right approach on the issue.
yeah and my point was it is not necessary to punish every single user that breaks a rule if unintentional, or even intentionally if it's their first time and they are apologetic, unless it happens again, of course.
But you do. You are on the team to enforce the rules not to watch people break them and idly sit by. What I am saying is that a verbal warning is a punishment. It is an action you take against the rulebreaker and its the minimum you are required to do.
Staff Ethos wrote:
Our aim as a staff team is improve the experience for the people in the community, not to interrupt them whilst they are playing when it isn’t needed. We don’t want people that break very minor rules that have no impact on other people or servers being needlessly punished when a simple talk can resolve the situation.
As you probably know staff ethos tells you that a talking to (aka verbal warning) is a sufficient action towards the previously described user. You can just simply psay him and tell him that "Hey I am not sure whether you were aware of it or not so I would just like to let you know that you just accidentally prop pushed *"Victim"*. I would like to let you know that it is not allowed as per our server rule 1.7a and I would like you to be more careful in the future".

But hear me out when I say this. EVERY rule violation should be handled in one way or another. It would be corrupt of us to look another way on certain rulebreakers and slam the ban hammer on others. Rulebreaks must be handled but not all situations are equal and the punishments should be diffrent to diffrent situations. Surely as a SA you know this
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by LonelyDodo.

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137711

LonelyDodo wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

But you do. You are on the team to enforce the rules not to watch people break them and idly sit by. What I am saying is that a verbal warning is a punishment. It is an action you take against the rulebreaker and its the minimum you are required to do.
Staff Ethos wrote:
Our aim as a staff team is improve the experience for the people in the community, not to interrupt them whilst they are playing when it isn’t needed. We don’t want people that break very minor rules that have no impact on other people or servers being needlessly punished when a simple talk can resolve the situation.
As you probably know staff ethos tells you that a talking to (aka verbal warning) is a sufficient action towards the previously described user. You can just simply psay him and tell him that "Hey I am not sure whether you were aware of it or not so I would just like to let you know that you just accidentally prop pushed *"Victim"*. I would like to let you know that it is not allowed as per our server rule 1.7a and I would like you to be more careful in the future".

But hear me out when I say this. EVERY rule violation should be handled in one way or another. It would be corrupt of us to look another way on certain rulebreakers and slam the ban hammer on others. Rulebreaks must be handled but not all situations are equal and the punishments should be diffrent to diffrent situations. Surely as a SA you know this
none of what you’re saying really correlates to anything i was pointing out, i was simply saying that not every user needs to be punished (as in something that remains on their rap sheet) when making a mistake. But no, i don’t really class a verbal warning as a punishment, a verbal warning is there to warn them that if it happens again then they will be punished (aslay, warn, gag etc).

Not sure where you got “idly sitting by” from by me saying that accidental rulebreaks do not need to warrant a direct punishment in every circumstance.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by eddie..

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137736

Eddie. wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

none of what you’re saying really correlates to anything i was pointing out, i was simply saying that not every user needs to be punished (as in something that remains on their rap sheet) when making a mistake. But no, i don’t really class a verbal warning as a punishment, a verbal warning is there to warn them that if it happens again then they will be punished (aslay, warn, gag etc).

Not sure where you got “idly sitting by” from by me saying that accidental rulebreaks do not need to warrant a direct punishment in every circumstance.

We agree that not every rule violation require a slay/warning etc. The difference is that I personally (and the LT in my day) classed a verbal warning as a punishment.

Our philosophy behind this was that rule violations needed to be handled and should not go unpunished in any circumstance. I think this was something Raeker said with fancier words.

"Sitting idly by" was my reference on not acting upon a rule break. Anyway the only thing we seem to disagree is what is the definition of punishment
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by LonelyDodo.

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137818

I actually like these. I am not 100% sure about the prop one but the rest I will bring up during the meeting, as its rule changes rather than suggestions.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2235
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1138169

The LeadTeam has voted on your suggestion and has decided to...

:accepted:

Rule 2.1 & rule 2.2

:denied:

Rule 1.7a & 2.6.

Thanks for your suggestions!
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by House.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

247 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47