Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule "change" suggestion

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137224

Hey ya guys! As most everybody knows I am somewhat back to business and have been playing for a while now. After returning I have gotten some feedback on the rules being changed for the worse etc and have had to straighten a few players on their misconceptions of the rules. I have even heard that according to few sources even the staff are having problems at some of the more simpler rules (like rule 2.2 for example) so I have looked up the rules for a few dozen times now and have found some issues with them and these are my suggestions on how to fix the issues in our rules.
Old Rule 1.7a wrote:
1.7a Prop abuse
No abusing props (grabbing them with the magneto stick to shield yourself, push players away, kill players, to climb or fly with them etc.) [The poltergeist traitor weapon or other prop manipulating weapons void the no prop killing/pushing rule]

changed 1.7a [ Click to expand ]

Change [ Click to expand ]

Old 2.1 wrote:
2.1 Random Death Match
Any player without valid reasoning cannot kill another player, appropriate reasoning to kill the player is needed. This is otherwise known as RDM (Random Death Match). One example would be killing on suspicion, but you can find more examples of possible RDM at rules 2.5 and 2.6.

New 2.1 [ Click to expand ]

Change [ Click to expand ]

Old 2.2. wrote:
2.2 In-game warnings to players.
When issuing a warning to a player in-game, make sure that it is through the chat medium so that everyone can see it. Make sure that you give the player ample warning (minimum of 2). After that you may then declare a KOS on them because of their actions. An example of this would be if a player is following you through the map or body blocking you, then you can KOS them after warnings have been given. After the second-warning it will not be classed as RDM

New 2.2 [ Click to expand ]

Added [ Click to expand ]

Addition to Rule 2.6 [ Click to expand ]

Alternate spelling for those who prefer it.

Reasoning [ Click to expand ]

would love to hear what you guys think of these and possibly have a constructive conversation about why these should/shouldn't be changed
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by LonelyDodo.
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137226

:neutralsp:

ehhhh idk man
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137227

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
:neutralsp:

ehhhh idk man

Why yes/no? Would love to hear your reasoning
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137230

i support the 1st rule change whit the prop shield its a nice tatic thats curently just siting away for no reason what so ever

for the other rules ima be honest whit ya i didnt understand anything so ill reread this later and edit this post (:
  • Stuny
  • Senior Boarder
  • I am a grape !
  • Thanks received: 147
Point made byee
The following user(s) said Thank You: LonelyDodo

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137232

Shielding itself isn't the issue, it's that while you're holding it to protect yourself, going near anyone pushes them with you, and this would just be an excuse to prop push people off edges - "Oh, I was using the minecart as a shield but he got in the way" for example.
Other than that, a clarification of the RDM rule is fine, and giving people time to respond to warnings is kind of detrimental to detectives forcing people to test as they are wasting more time on one person, but not an issue that would outweigh the benefits the change would bring.
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137235

MLGChespin wrote:
Shielding itself isn't the issue, it's that while you're holding it to protect yourself, going near anyone pushes them with you, and this would just be an excuse to prop push people off edges - "Oh, I was using the minecart as a shield but he got in the way" for example.
Other than that, a clarification of the RDM rule is fine, and giving people time to respond to warnings is kind of detrimental to detectives forcing people to test as they are wasting more time on one person, but not an issue that would outweigh the benefits the change would bring.

I have discussed the same point about 1.7a with Miia and I believe that it's not an excuse to break other points of 1.7a so if you violate the rule (for example push people) when shielding its your fault and a violation of the rule 1.7a. Me and Miia never got to agreement on that issue

Nice to see you appreciated the other edits though. Could you please elaborate what you commented on the change of 2.2 as I had a hard time following your point
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137239

Giving people ample time to respond, for example if someone is blocking a door I have to give them 5 seconds to move after the 3rd warning before I kill them will give people who may be tabbed out a chance to come back and keep playing, however when I'm a detective I want to get someone in and out the tester ASAP, not wait around for a minute for them to delay as much as possible on their way to the tester room.
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1337
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137250

Yush

:plussp:
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1039
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137254

I like the change to 1.7a because prop shielding just shouldn't be warnable and it is quite a good gameplay mechanic and I doubt anybody actually warns for it

I also think the rewording of 2.1 is good because it does sound quite a bit more simple
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Slitheeeeeeeeeeeen.

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137255

Agree for all but the last point mainly because i feel it will simply cause issues with people scared to kill people or people who are new not understanding
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137256

Kyber wrote:
Agree for all but the last point mainly because i feel it will simply cause issues with people scared to kill people or people who are new not understanding

I see that you could get the picture. Is there any way you would word it better whilst keeping the original thesis? The attempt is not to alter gameplay and rather have it in clear writing that players dont have to follow KOS'es they dont trust/believe
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137328

I agree with all points but the prop one. I just think allowing users to use props as shield will cause more problems. There are too many loopholes they can use to excuse prop pushing or even if someone accidentally kill someone with a prop. If someone uses a prop to shield and then swings it by "accident" and hit someone to "accidentally" kill them will just cause so much more problems.
:minussp:

Your rules change to 2.2 is nice as its a simpler way of explain RDM.

:support:
  • Turtle965
  • Legendary Member
  • #SaveTheTurtles
  • Thanks received: 221
Take a walk with a turtle and behold the world in pause
Bruce Feiler

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137332

I agree with Chespin, shielding yourself is definitely a tacti you could use - Rarely, that is. Having shielding allowed would cause more problems like the one mentioned by Chespin of accidental propkilling and fake excuses, and would ultimately be useless and underused as an actual defense tool as this is Garry's Mod, not R6S. It is extremely easy to get someone killed with props because of the retarded way source physics works so :minussp: on that.
However, the rephrased rules are fresh and easy to understand, which I like. :plussp:
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 756
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137333

I like the idea of the props on the map having a purpose

as for the other rules really only wording has been changed so I think making them more simple and concise is absolutely ok
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137363

Davidov007 wrote:
I agree with Chespin, shielding yourself is definitely a tacti you could use - Rarely, that is. Having shielding allowed would cause more problems like the one mentioned by Chespin of accidental propkilling and fake excuses, and would ultimately be useless and underused as an actual defense tool as this is Garry's Mod, not R6S. It is extremely easy to get someone killed with props because of the retarded way source physics works so :minussp: on that.

This is where we fundamentally disagree sadly. How I see is that if shielding is removed from the forbidden uses of the props it could be utilized, but not exploited as if someone does something (for example prop kills) because of the attempt to shield its still a prop kill and thus punishable. We do punish users for making accidental RDM's and so we should punish for accidental prop abuse as well. But I guess I am in the minority with my view on the issue
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137367

LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

This is where we fundamentally disagree sadly. How I see is that if shielding is removed from the forbidden uses of the props it could be utilized, but not exploited as if someone does something (for example prop kills) because of the attempt to shield its still a prop kill and thus punishable. We do punish users for making accidental RDM's and so we should punish for accidental prop abuse as well. But I guess I am in the minority with my view on the issue
Yes, we punish for accidental RDM but most of us (if not all) probably don't like punishing people that genuinely made a mistake like missclick. The point here is simple - It's gonna cause more bad than good. The reason why the rules regarding props is so strict is because as I mentioned, it is extremely easy to get someone killed/damaged with just a little touch from a prop.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 756
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137677

Bump. I would love to discuss these further and dont believe I have heard all the opinions as of yet
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137688

LonelyDodo wrote:
Kyber wrote:

I see that you could get the picture. Is there any way you would word it better whilst keeping the original thesis? The attempt is not to alter gameplay and rather have it in clear writing that players dont have to follow KOS'es they dont trust/believe
“You are allowed to ignore KOSes if you do not believe they are valid. Your decision should be made as to whichever choice you believe would benefit your team the most.”
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137692

LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

Are you saying it is necessary to punish for accidents? If someone new to the server with 0 recents accidentally killed someone (depending on how they respond to the report and their attitude in the chat etc) I would not punish them for it, and i’m sure most other staff members wouldn’t.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule "change" suggestion 5 years 3 months ago #1137693

Eddie. wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

Are you saying it is necessary to punish for accidents? If someone new to the server with 0 recents accidentally killed someone (depending on how they respond to the report and their attitude in the chat etc) I would not punish them for it, and i’m sure most other staff members wouldn’t.

Rule violations must have consequences. Although the consequences may differ when dealing with diffrent people as staff ethos so clearly states. A user that has a good attitude and no previous punishments nor any ill intentions with a minor rule break (for example prop pushing) should not be slain or warned because the situation doesnt require you to do so. Instead they should be verbally warned that they are doing something wrong and continuing to do so will give them more severe punishments. As staff member you should not ignore rule violations and rather just decide tge right approach on the issue.
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

• Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.