• Page:

TOPIC: TTT Rule Suggestion

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133197

Server Name:
TTT

Suggestion Title:
Remove Life check rule

How would it benefit the server:
People would stop abusing the lifecheck to just mass rdm as Detective.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Lifecheck would no longer be a thing if used seriously. Oh nvm that never happened in my time as staff so no issues.

Additional notes:
Well the life check rule has a cute new change that it is only allowed after one minute. Fun fact: After one minute with 20 people online most of them are still alive and I'd say the max I saw respond was half of the people alive. So you could just "RDM" ten people for not responding to a life check. This is the only way I saw this rule used in my whole time as staff member. I don't know if the CM team has used it differently, but I never saw it used without people getting reported afterwise and complete confusion. I'd love this to just get removed. Oh and the new change of it being anounced in chat just makes it so people abuse it more now.

I'd love to get a discussion out of this and see what the other people think etc.
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Tom..
The topic has been locked.

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133198

Moved to the correct section.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom.

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133199

We have had this conversation a lot. This is why we added we 1-minute thing. Due to people abusing it, removing it will only make the detective less useful.

I get your point why you would want it removed, its the staff's duty to oversee these "abusive detectives" abusing this new rule.

So to put it in actual emoji thingy:

:minussp:
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133200

First of all if people were not idiots and just responded to the damn lifecheck there would not be an issue. It is used tactically sometimes, i used to use it all the time at the end of rounds but i dont see a perfect solution to the problem. This new rule change is worthless, people who want to abuse it will just wait and for rounds when there are few people on the server and lots of players can die quickly a lifecheck can be very useful in the first minute of the game. The best solution in my opinion would be to have a lifecheck only be able to be called when x amount of players are still alive like 10, however with all the people joining mid round this would be impossible.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133204

Kurzex wrote:
We have had this conversation a lot. This is why we added we 1-minute thing. Due to people abusing it, removing it will only make the detective less useful.

I get your point why you would want it removed, its the staff's duty to oversee these "abusive detectives" abusing this new rule.

yes we had this discussion often and I'm still unhappy with the outcome. Could someone please clear me up what the purpose of the lifecheck without just shooting everyone is? How I see it is that if a Detective calls a life check there is absolutely no reason not to respond. There is nothing negative about responding, you can only not be kosed. Or where is the advantage of not responding? I only see that this could be used to kill akfs, but I can think of only a hand full of situations where you would not want to respond to it
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133206

Tom. wrote:
Kurzex wrote:

yes we had this discussion often and I'm still unhappy with the outcome. Could someone please clear me up what the purpose of the lifecheck without just shooting everyone is? How I see it is that if a Detective calls a life check there is absolutely no reason not to respond. There is nothing negative about responding, you can only not be kosed. Or where is the advantage of not responding? I only see that this could be used to kill akfs, but I can think of only a hand full of situations where you would not want to respond to it
Its a lot more useful when there are few people on the server, one of the main uses is believe it or not finding out who is still alive.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133207

Miia wrote:
First of all if people were not idiots and just responded to the damn lifecheck there would not be an issue. It is used tactically sometimes, i used to use it all the time at the end of rounds but i dont see a perfect solution to the problem. This new rule change is worthless, people who want to abuse it will just wait and for rounds when there are few people on the server and lots of players can die quickly a lifecheck can be very useful in the first minute of the game. The best solution in my opinion would be to have a lifecheck only be able to be called when x amount of players are still alive like 10, however with all the people joining mid round this would be impossible.
Well people are idiots tho, and when it comes to reading ttt chat most of us are. Adding that only if a certain amount is still alive could actually work, Most situations I think its usefull would be with probably max of 5 people left tho
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133208

Tom. wrote:
Kurzex wrote:

It can be used to see how many people are alive, for example:

scoreboard says 10 people are alive and you have no radar so you life check and only 3 people respond. You now know people are getting murdered and you call KOS on the 7 other people who did not respond.

Once again sure i get the point of rdming but that shouldn't be the case as staff should handle that if it happens reoccurring
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133211

Tom. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Well people are idiots tho, and when it comes to reading ttt chat most of us are. Adding that only if a certain amount is still alive could actually work, Most situations I think its usefull would be with probably max of 5 people left tho
No matter how you restrict the rule its only going to end up annoying the people who use lifechecks legit and not just to RDM, like the new rule change does nothing as they are just going to wait a minute anyway. Its annoying to see something i actually find useful and use get nerfed because a few people abuse it.

Also if you were to say keep lifechecks but make them not kosable that would make them useless as people would not bother responding as there is no reason to.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Miia.

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133213

Miia wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Miia wrote:
No matter how you restrict the rule its only going to end up annoying the people who use lifechecks legit and not just to RDM, like the new rule change does nothing as they are just going to wait a minute anyway. Its annoying to see something i actually find useful and use get nerfed because a few people abuse it.

Also if you were to say keep lifechecks but make them not kosable that would make them useless as people would not bother responding as there is no reason to.
you are also one of the only people that uses it. And I personally only see how it gets abused. I do understand now how it could be used in a useful matter, but it won't change that its still also very easily used in an abusive manner. So I still think it should just get removed or set to a very low player amount needed to be alive.
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133215

Tom. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Miia wrote:

you are also one of the only people that uses it. And I personally only see how it gets abused. I do understand now how it could be used in a useful matter, but it won't change that its still also very easily used in an abusive manner. So I still think it should just get removed or set to a very low player amount needed to be alive.
I think the best cause of action is to implement a way were a detective can call a lifecheck and a massive lifecheck warning appears in the middle of the screen, in flashing colours and with multiple red arrows pointing to it saying responed or you will die. You know so the idiots cant miss it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133239

Something something loopholing around a rule is still punishable something something
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurze

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133271

i agree with miia, i think the life check becoming available when there is a certain amount of players left is a much better way to go about this issue.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133278

I get what you are saying, and I myself have not yet seen this new feature in action. But the detective is already shit with its lack of content *cough*, and to be honest Miia has a good point about people not responding to a life check and could be considered abuse.

The x amount of player thing seems to be a good solution but with the system set up the allow to join mid round it wouldn't work, imo. People have always been able to abuse certain features in TTT, such as props, and as staff we are here to stop them.
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133315

Rule is fine, if you want to lose 500 karma in one round be my guest
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133322

I personally don't see an issue with the rule at all. All you have to do is pay attention, and you should be fine. I see no point in seeing this rule being completely removed however it could be a modified.
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Vodka4Gaben.

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133340

I don't think we should take away one of the (very few) "powers" a detective actually has. They are harpooned within 2 minutes of the round anyway /shrug
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133533

Jim_Jam wrote:
I don't think we should take away one of the (very few) "powers" a detective actually has. They are harpooned within 2 minutes of the round anyway /shrug

True but still maybe make the wait like 2or3 mins cuz alot of ppl are alive in the 1st min and the chat can be fast sometimes and ppl cant rly see it.
but what do i know im a slave that ceezee just bullys
  • Stuny
  • Senior Boarder
  • I am a grape !
  • Thanks received: 147
Point made byee

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133620

Miia wrote:
I think the best cause of action is to implement a way were a detective can call a lifecheck and a massive lifecheck warning appears in the middle of the screen, in flashing colours and with multiple red arrows pointing to it saying responed or you will die. You know so the idiots cant miss it.

Actually thats an interesting idea.
We could make it so that the detectives can use a lifecheck command in chat after a minute into the round.
The command would then return a message using the server announcment system and have some sort of cooldown, that could work.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie., BossComic23

TTT Rule Suggestion 4 years 10 months ago #1133642

Stuny wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

True but still maybe make the wait like 2or3 mins cuz alot of ppl are alive in the 1st min and the chat can be fast sometimes and ppl cant rly see it.
but what do i know im a slave that ceezee just bullys

We appreciate your opinion
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

145 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127