SorIe wrote:
Jerry2004 wrote:
SorIe wrote:
Jerry2004 wrote:
SorIe wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
SorIe wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Probably shouldn't be putting more suits into the economy.

this post just reeks of a lack of experience with the current state of the gamemode

the gamemode at this stage revolves around suits and special items, why would be putting a few more into the economy every friday be such a negative thing?

keep in mind these are the cheapest suits, making them a good option for newcomers

arguing for the idea of not adding any more items into the economy is essentially arguing for the server's demise at this stage

Because the gamemode should not revolve around suits and special items, especially since it is going to be easier for those who already have suits and special weapons to actually raid the vault and to prevent those without from raiding it, hence it is unlikely to add in these items for newer players.

When it comes to virtual economies, you don't want to just add in more currency, either in cash or liquid form (suit and whatnot). We should be looking into ways to drain suits and money out of the economy and keeping the control over the economy in the hands of the Community Team with various sinks and anchors rather than adding in more things like suits into the cycle, handing that over to the players and making the current hyper inflation even worse than it is currently.

firstly: the concept is that they should already be available and aren't for some reason, spartan lasers and orange core printers aren't either because they're new too

secondly: the idea is that there needs to be more in rotation overall, which will lower prices - still a positive effect for new players

thirdly: it's not currency, as there's no set value to the suit, the only value is that defined by the player

finally: you're making out hyperinflation to actually have an impact in an isolated economy, there is little to no impact and the rate of increase on the amount of money you make is still proportional to the rate of inflation

primary income source is mining - gem prices adjusts over time as there's no defined price.

secondary source - printing - special printers have seen drastic drops in price to accommodate for the inflation and as such the risk of using these is minimal

the only real income source that has been left in the past is drugs, however that was a significant period of time ago and as far as I'm aware there's most likely gonna be some adjustments to drugs as a less risky option for new players
as far as i noticed the prices of printers have gone up than down
???????

gencorp printers are 10mil avg - they were 10mil when they first released - when jugg suits were 15mil
festive printers are 10mil avg
magik printers are 10mil avg
iridium printers are 10mil avg

gpps used to be the best printer and worth about 50mil, now the best printer is the xmas which is worth 25mil

i don't see where you're getting these points from
idk what u saw but what i saw in shop were iridium for 25 mil magik 20 mil festive 30 mil and gencorp 25mil and i wont trow in the xmas with is 60-70 mil now witch is far to overpriced
that's dady's ridiculously overpriced shop, which he puts up in hopes that stupid people buy them (which they do for some reason idk why)

i regularly see very good printers selling for very cheap e.g I've been able to buy 2 ice printers for 15mil each quite recently, and I've bought a lot of xmas printers for under 25mil each.

printers are just cheap atm
well if you say so i will try to find cheaper ones... as i told nafe i'm just trying to make this serv better so if u think it a good idea for the serv go for it i'm just saying my opinion . but behind all this i have a feeling the real reason you proposed this idea is so you can farm suits for ez money but it does not matter i guess ass there is a good thing in this as well ... i wont prob respond again here so se yah
  • EMPYT
  • Senior Boarder
  • I don't like cheese
  • Thanks received: 9
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105526

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

They are a form of currency.

They can be used for basing and raiding to earn money and can be sold / traded, hence they are a form of currency. Liquid, however still currency, as they have a value attached, even if that value does depend on many factors and can vary a lot.

Introducing an ability to add more suits into the economy without any kind of special event is a bad idea. It will just increase the number of people with special suits trying to raid the bank vault for the events and will worsen the inflation for sure.

We should be looking for ways to take money and resources away, not put money in. Trying to give more money / resources to the newer players rather than taking it from the already rich players is going to make the problem worse. Take a real world example. There are a lot of rich people in the world, but also a lot of poor people. In order to ensure that the poor people can get money, you don't just give them more stuff. You take away from the rich in the form of taxes to level it out more. (Though obviously the real world is a lot more complex than virtual economies).

One of the main causes of hyper inflation, and the reason that we have it in ZARP, is the introduction of more money (ie. printing more money). In ZARP, this comes in the form of suits, which have been introduced through events, however also through past exploits which left a massive lasting scar in the servers. The argument that they are not a form of currency is incorrect. Money is worth so little on the server now that the players with the most suits are the ones with the most opportunity. They are in their own way the richest players.

If more suits only go into the economy when there are seasonal events which can have the rarity adjusted by DEAD/Chute, they have the most control over when they go into the economy and can directly influence what players are able to get and how often. If they came from the vault as well, even just the less OP suits, we would just have everyone with ACS and Nano Suit and the ability to sell / trade those further into the economy.

Suits are able to be ripped and new ones are not often added into the economy, hence why the number of suits should decrease rather than increase. To implement something which would consistently increase the number of suits in the economy would be an awful move.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105531

TheXnator wrote:

They are a form of currency.

They can be used for basing and raiding to earn money and can be sold / traded, hence they are a form of currency. Liquid, however still currency, as they have a value attached, even if that value does depend on many factors and can vary a lot.

Introducing an ability to add more suits into the economy without any kind of special event is a bad idea. It will just increase the number of people with special suits trying to raid the bank vault for the events and will worsen the inflation for sure.

We should be looking for ways to take money and resources away, not put money in. Trying to give more money / resources to the newer players rather than taking it from the already rich players is going to make the problem worse. Take a real world example. There are a lot of rich people in the world, but also a lot of poor people. In order to ensure that the poor people can get money, you don't just give them more stuff. You take away from the rich in the form of taxes to level it out more. (Though obviously the real world is a lot more complex than virtual economies).

One of the main causes of hyper inflation, and the reason that we have it in ZARP, is the introduction of more money (ie. printing more money). In ZARP, this comes in the form of suits, which have been introduced through events, however also through past exploits which left a massive lasting scar in the servers. The argument that they are not a form of currency is incorrect. Money is worth so little on the server now that the players with the most suits are the ones with the most opportunity. They are in their own way the richest players.

If more suits only go into the economy when there are seasonal events which can have the rarity adjusted by DEAD/Chute, they have the most control over when they go into the economy and can directly influence what players are able to get and how often. If they came from the vault as well, even just the less OP suits, we would just have everyone with ACS and Nano Suit and the ability to sell / trade those further into the economy.

Suits are able to be ripped and new ones are not often added into the economy, hence why the number of suits should decrease rather than increase. To implement something which would consistently increase the number of suits in the economy would be an awful move.

You're making this out to be an extreme move; golden vault day is once a week and you're going to get 2 or 3 suit blueprints maximum per golden vault day.

Additionally, the fun elements of the server are the suits and the special weapons for most people. I don't understand how you can see giving people more low-tier suits as a bad idea? Making them more common still evens the playing ground for newer players because they can obtain them somewhat easily as the price will be reduced heavily, and allows everyone to have more fun and worry less.

You still haven't addressed the fact that you can already get them through the blueprint cases from bank raiding and from levelling up as police, so the idea that there's a set amount is entirely false. By creating these as golden blueprints, they've handshook away the idea of having a set amount of these in the economy, as they're evidently meant to stay as cheap, low-tier options which are relatively abundant. However, they've come to be rarer than juggs and hypers at this stage.

Additionally, you still haven't addressed the fact that we're not supposed to be randomly excluding certain golden BPs from golden vault day; x4 boosters are INCREDIBLY rare, however obtainable from golden vault day quite commonly? You're not going to get a massive influx of suits from this, so the idea of excluding them for the sake of excluding them is silly.

Considering you still haven't addressed how hyperinflation causes issues within the scope of SSRP's economy, I'm not going to address your point about how it causes hyperinflation.

It could be argued that this somewhat indirectly takes away from the rich, as the price of some of their assets is lowered by introducing more of them to the economy. Even then, why would we want to take away from the rich? To make the server even more dry for those who have worked hard just to be unable to get any items?

Introducing items to the economy is a good idea - introducing better money-making methods isn't. There isn't magically going to be a significant influx of cash into the economy. This doesn't alter any of the primary money-making methods. The price will drop and the total net value of these suits in the economy will remain relatively constant as a result.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by SorIe.

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105533

@Xnator, Nano Suit and Advanced Combat Suit are Golden Blueprints and therefore should be in the Golden Vault, if anything this is a bug lol.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, A Good Pianist

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105537

Inflation is literally one of the biggest problems on SSRP???????????????????
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105542

TheXnator wrote:

explain to me how it's actually a problem in an isolated economy

you can't just say "it's a problem" with no level of logical reasoning as to why
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105546

TheXnator wrote:

there's 0 inflation of items, only cash. lol.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1024
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Zarpgaming

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105561

dady wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Higher commodity of rare items creates inflation in cash
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105565

jusu wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
dady wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

That doesnt even make sense, it takes cash that already exists to buy rare items. Therefore this requires further explanation or this is just wrong.

I can't really be bothered explaining this here. Have some videos.

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105567

TheXnator wrote:
jusu wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
dady wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

That doesnt even make sense, it takes cash that already exists to buy rare items. Therefore this requires further explanation or this is just wrong.

hyperinflation becomes an issue when increase in income doesn't match the rapidly increasing value of items/goods

this is not the case so hyperinflation is not an issue, you can't create hyperinflation by adding items to an economy because if anything that decreases the value of the items
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105570

TheXnator wrote:
jusu wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
dady wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

how the fuck does adding 2-6 items in the economy once a week create hyperinflation please enlighten me
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1105572

Nafe wrote:
@Xnator, Nano Suit and Advanced Combat Suit are Golden Blueprints and therefore should be in the Golden Vault, if anything this is a bug lol.
Only 6 gold bps in the GOLDEN VAULT and they're gamma, gauss , terroriser,mini 2.0,4x, and edf
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106046

Quick reminder that it costs money to craft bps lol
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Micky, Jeppe

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106047

Tamaninja wrote:

That isn't an issue. If anything it's good because that removes money from the economy.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106048

Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:

That isn't an issue. If anything it's good because that removes money from the economy.

thats what he was implying

5Head
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106049

SorIe wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:

thats what he was implying

5Head
7head
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Micky

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106072

xnator just stick to pointshop servers :cheer:
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, h0meless, User01293, Jeppe, Tamaninja and 1 more...

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 5 years 1 week ago #1106080

TheXnator wrote:
Take a real world example. There are a lot of rich people in the world, but also a lot of poor people. In order to ensure that the poor people can get money, you don't just give them more stuff. You take away from the rich in the form of taxes to level it out more. (Though obviously the real world is a lot more complex than virtual economies).
Last time I checked the NHS was failing and poverty is still a thing, it doesn't level it out because the rich can find ways around taxation and end up paying the same as the poorest people.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

[SSRP Suggestion] Nanos & ACSes in Golden Vault 4 years 11 months ago #1111675

Every golden blueprint should be in it. It was hardcoded and now they are added
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, h0meless, SorIe
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

188 PLAYERS ONLINE