★ ZARPGAMING.COM - DarkRP S1
★ ZARPGAMING.COM - DarkRP S2
★ ZARPGAMING.COM - DarkRP S3

Suggestion Title:
Money Sink Ideas

How would it benefit the server:
Increase in money sinks.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
These things not really having effect on the already rich players and it just impacting and disadvantaging the poorer ones more.

Additional notes:

I am no economics wizard, I have very very basic understanding of it but want I want to suggest is this:

When applying for Mayor the cost to enter should change depending on your own personal economy. The richer you are, the more expensive applying to enter the job should become. Similarly to the Nightclub.

Buildings, specifically doors you own should charge you every 20 - 30 minutes for simply owning them, despite being a small amount users who base for long periods of time will begin to notice it adds up. Again prices could vary depending on the users economy.

Fuel prices could probably also change but it really doesn't matter that much purely because of the infinite fuel upgrade.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 3 weeks ago #1102270

By increasing the prices on these things, you will only decrease demand. Thus, in theory, the overall money being sunk should remain relatively the same. Richer players will probably not care though, and just buy these things as they regularly would so this could be a viable suggestion, it just really depends on how much you are raising the prices by.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Henny.

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 3 weeks ago #1102272

Henny wrote:
By increasing the prices on these things, you will only decrease demand. Thus, in theory, the overall money being sunk should remain relatively the same. Richer players will probably not care though, and just buy these things as they regularly would so this could be a viable suggestion, it just really depends on how much you are raising the prices and how much it will affect poorer players more.

Yeah but I guess that is what you would want, richer players not really caring despite them having to pay more, in turn I guess you are passively removing more money from the economy.
  • Nafe

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 3 weeks ago #1102273

Nafe wrote:
Henny wrote:
By increasing the prices on these things, you will only decrease demand. Thus, in theory, the overall money being sunk should remain relatively the same. Richer players will probably not care though, and just buy these things as they regularly would so this could be a viable suggestion, it just really depends on how much you are raising the prices and how much it will affect poorer players more.

Yeah but I guess that is what you would want, richer players not really caring despite them having to pay more, in turn I guess you are passively removing more money from the economy.
It is a good way of getting rid of money, but Im just wondering if it will disproportionately affect poorer players as they have less to spend (fuel and owning doors)
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Henny.

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 3 weeks ago #1102275

Henny wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Henny wrote:

It is a good way of getting rid of money, but Im just wondering if it will disproportionately affect poorer players as they have less to spend (fuel and owning doors)

Yeah that was one of my problems creating this, I even mentioned it I think. The problem with the things I suggested is they are all nearly mandatory to use as a new player, fuel and doors especially.
  • Nafe

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 3 weeks ago #1102288

You could make a soft cap where it only starts making you sink money if you have a certain amount or something, but then people might just buy a bunch of items to 'save' their money.
  • Dramn
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Rawr! xd
  • Thanks received: 242

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 2 weeks ago #1102335

I think we are missing some great money skins, some of which was already accepted.

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...ssrp-police-auctions
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...om-title-more-custom
the police cars which I cba to find right now.

Or more stuff which I'm not sure was suggested yet such as tax in lotteries
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[SSRP] Suggestion - Minor Money Sinks 5 years 10 hours ago #1111681

bump
  • Nafe