Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [ZARP] A Suggestion

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001278

Introduction:
When I joined this community I have noticed that it is very traditional and likes to stay the way it is, but change is good. This post is about some additions I think would help the community grow and develop. We have great talent in this community but we don't use this to our full potential. If we did this, I believe this community could grow rapidly.

ZARP and Friendly Players Merge:
I think this would benefit ZARP and Friendly Players if this would happen. It allow ZARP to grow further as bringing 2 communities will increase player base. This could be used as another server to expand ZARP reach giving the community more funding and starting the expansion. Friendly Players' forums would be archived and moved to the ZARP forums. The TS server would be destroyed. All Friendly Players Staff will be given a chance to get ZARP Staff. All assets like DEAD’s activity tracker would be moved to ZARP and used there. There is no reason I see why not to merge them, as it would help everyone. There is no constant dedicated player base at Friendly Players, this is proven by the average player count for the last month, and the TeamSpeak / Forums are a desert wasteland. The merge should benefit both parties. There will be no harm done and this could mean with the other ZARP servers could grow.

When ZARP updates to an American Host, ZARP and Friendly Players will have Merged. *thanks
Annie Montana <3*

Funding:
Funding is the hardest thing for an Owner to get. My idea is to introduce exclusive items and player models to VIPs, show ranks in the TAB menu in-game and also adding more Donator Ranks, an example of all ranks are...
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Server Suggestions:
This ZARP community has 7 Garry’s Mod servers, and 8 if ZARP and Friendly Players merge. This will show detailed plans for some new servers to expand ZARP's reach and overall grow more. Hops has also made a post on Playermodels, these could be rank exclusive and shared between the 3 Donator Ranks, it can be found HERE!

Servers:

Melon Bomber Server:
Hops has made a Melon Bomber Server post, you can view it HERE!

Roleplay:
The three most popular Roleplay servers are DarkRP, Star Wars RP and Military RP, as we already have 3 DarkRP Servers, we can expand servers.

Star Wars RP:
Star Wars RP is a Semi-Serious Roleplay based off of the movie series Star Wars, it is as popular as TTT, meaning that it would be a good candidate for a new ZARP Garry’s Mod Server as it would bring a large number of players.

As it is the 2nd Roleplay game mode ZARP has hosted, it would share its player base, which could result in a removal of 1 of the 3 SSRP servers, most likely the 2nd British Server. Here are some playermodels the server could use. I will also show some General Rules below, these are only a placeholder and can be changed if a Star Wars RP server.

I will also show some general templates for Moderators and Administrators, these yet again are subject to change and only are examples of what could come:

Military RP
Military RP is a Serious Roleplay about the Military, it includes ranks, training and more. It is the 3rd most popular Roleplay game mode, meaning that it would conduct a lot of variety in players by being the only Fully Serious Roleplay server.

I will also provide some General Rules below, these are only a placeholder and can be changed if a Military RP server is implemented.

I will also show some general templates for Moderators and Administrators, these yet again are subject to change and only are examples of what could come:

Point Shop:
The Point Shop currently is in a crisis, before the Summer Update, Halloween Items were rare and exclusive and after the Summer Update, everyone had at least 1 - 2 Halloween Items, there is currently nothing to work for and aim towards as everyone already has each item. This could be fixed in two ways, either freeze all trading for Halloween Items temporarily or create new items that are exclusive, maybe gained by Monthly Achievements or Daily Objectives that unlock certain player models / wearables.

An Auction House:
An Auction House would work as the following there would be a new tab on the F4 menu that would show the items, the highest bid, the seller. This would give the economy more of a trading aspect to it it would mean that the players could easily trade and with the other suggestion, it would make the Point Shop more expandable and vast, giving players incentive to play and grind for items in order to get their favourite item.

Endnote:
Thanks to Hops for the Graphics, BBCode / Spell Checking and Prosyndicate475 for helping me with the Roleplay areas and more. And a special thank you for reading this, us 3 put a lot of effort into this post, so be sure to give us constructive feedback in the replies below.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Kim..
Login or register to post a reply.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001279

You cant have OOC in a full serious RP. Thats only semi-serious
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001280

Annie Montana wrote:
Changed, thanks for the feedback!
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
  • Thanks received: 91

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001283

NO
  • Tony Lombardi
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 224
FP REBOOT BRING IT BACK LADS

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Tony Lombardi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001285

Hops wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
Changed, thanks for the feedback!

Also when ZARP upgrades to the american host we don't need to merge with FP.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001286

Its easy and all on paper but in reality you would have to get developers to actually develop all those servers to fit zarp.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 996

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001287

RFlexD wrote:
Its easy and all on paper but in reality you would have to get developers to actually develop all those servers to fit zarp.
We understood this fully, we don't expect it to be done in a few months let alone overnight, this is a long-term suggestion, we simply hope this would be eventually developed into something great. Any and all feedback is great as it helps the developers know what you want, if they decide to start working on our suggestions.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Hops.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001288

ZARP and FP won't merge, it's pointless. Pretty sure Chute only keeps FP due to it being one of if not the longest running Gmod community.

As far as Chute has told anyone, funding is not a problem, and the community entirely pays for itself. ZARP massively tries not to be too pay to win, hence we only have VIP, giving no massive advantages and booster packs which are similar (not including update events).

See my reply to Hops' post about MelonBomber.

The SSRP servers don't need to be linked to any others. They are fine as is aside from needing an update, and shouldn't have what I assume you mean as a Pointshop - it would just make it into a bit of a clusterfuck, much like the mess you get when you join other DarkRP servers.

Making new RP servers requires a massive amount of planning, dedication and coding / server management knowledge. Who would do this? How do we know said people have such knowledge? How would the servers be secured to not die out? What would make it unique? You need a massive plan for anything like that, and prior experience with similar things. Even Prophunt and Murder had massive written plans for them, including a presentation for the Community Team, a working test server, two Server Owners to manage and develop (myself and Grumpy Marshmallow for Prophunt, myself and Luki Guki for Murder), despite not needing as much work towards them as an RP server needs.

The Pointshop is not in a crisis. The most recent update largely fixed problems the economy.

We used to have a marketplace / auction house on the Pointshop. Nobody really used it and it was pointless. (It was removed due to various issues, but nobody used it anyway).
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by TheXnator.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001290

Seriously though, we need to focus on the servers we have, not introduce more workload to the already strained community dev. The servers you have proposed, with the exception of melonbomber and sandbox, would require a dedicated developer that is highly skilled who will work tons of hours for free. We do not have anyone that fits that criteria.

On top of that the managerial work that would need to go into these servers would cripple the CM team who already are spread thin focusing on other things both in the community and in their lives.

Lastly, the amount of complexities that go into creating any of these servers don't seem to have been really considered. It would take at a minimum months to develop the RP servers that you are suggesting. The only servers that would be remotely feasible are those with little to no effort needed, and they wouldn't draw the players needed to warrant the server existing.

These suggestions are nice and all, but unless the person making the suggestion is capable of following through with being a well-liked, experienced, knowledgeable, dedicated developer who will work for free, it will not happen.
  • Tony Lombardi
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 224
FP REBOOT BRING IT BACK LADS

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Tony Lombardi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator, Annie Moonise

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001292

Tony Lombardi wrote:
Seriously though, we need to focus on the servers we have, not introduce more workload to the already strained community dev. The servers you have proposed, with the exception of melonbomber and sandbox, would require a dedicated developer that is highly skilled who will work tons of hours for free. We do not have anyone that fits that criteria.

On top of that the managerial work that would need to go into these servers would cripple the CM team who already are spread thin focusing on other things both in the community and in their lives.

Lastly, the amount of complexities that go into creating any of these servers don't seem to have been really considered. It would take at a minimum months to develop the RP servers that you are suggesting. The only servers that would be remotely feasible are those with little to no effort needed, and they wouldn't draw the players needed to warrant the server existing.

These suggestions are nice and all, but unless the person making the suggestion is capable of following through with being a well-liked, experienced, knowledgeable, dedicated developer who will work for free, it will not happen.
I have previously proposed to help with the discord, and I'm sure others will, and I've been told personally they have a line of people willing to work and help and that another team is working on it. I would be more than willing to help develop a Melon Bomber or Roleplay server, but I don't want to put all my effort into something that will be later discarded.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001293

Hops wrote:
Tony Lombardi wrote:

I have previously proposed to help with the discord, and I'm sure others will, and I've been told personally they have a line of people willing to work and help and that another team is working on it. I would be more than willing to help develop a Melon Bomber or Roleplay server, but I don't want to put all my effort into something that will be later discarded.

Are they qualified and in good standing with the community? If not then there's no point having them develop the servers without a plan and qualifications in coding/developing to own and maintain a server. If they are new to the community then they aren't really trusted. Think of things before you even begin to suggest the makings of new servers and the people involved and said they can do it if they have not shown it.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001295

Hops wrote:
Tony Lombardi wrote:

When you make a server you put in the effort as a dedicated Server Owner and developer for it.

You don't make a server and think "Will this be discarded?" "Will I be wasting my effort?" You put your heart and soul into it because you want to do it and you enjoy it, you think "Will I be able to put all my time and effort towards this as required?" "Is this something I personally want to do?"

No server will be successful unless the person/people working on it are fully dedicated to what they are doing, and actually wanting to do it is the first step for that.

Developing any server properly to an acceptable standard, and one that will bring success to the community takes an absolute fuckload of time and effort, with absolute dedication. This is heightened even more for something such as an RP server.

It shouldn't matter what happens to it, as long as you remain dedicated to it and are willing to do anything needed to see it thrive. If you can do that, then you can bring a server to a high level, and even if it does die out, you would have learned a lot in regards to management, development and gained experience in what to do and what not to do when it comes to managing a server, which can help you out a lot in similar aspects or very different aspects of life.

If you ask the question of whether or not it will fail, you have already failed.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise, Kim.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001296

Its all good saying lets have a star wars RP server or military RP but the amount of effort that would need to be put into that would not be worth the risk. You cannot just make a server because other servers like that are popular and expect your server to be popular. People who want and enjoy these game modes are already playing them, they will already have specific servers they will play on, you are trying to compete with a niche that is already filled so you would likely never get the high player count and popular server you are hoping for. It would be an extreme risk to put that much effort into a server, you would need to spend a lot of time trying to give a reason for players to come to your server instead of the many other servers that they already play and have friends who play there as well.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Miia.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001297

Annie Montana wrote:
Hops wrote:
Tony Lombardi wrote:

Are they qualified and in good standing with the community? If not then there's no point having them develop the servers without a plan and qualifications in coding/developing to own and maintain a server. If they are new to the community then they aren't really trusted. Think of things before you even begin to suggest the makings of new servers and the people involved and said they can do it if they have not shown it.
I previously developed my own private TTT server and know how to code. My proposition wasn't for Chute to give me code, rather create and develop my own server on a dedicated host and give Chute or any developers my code and server files. I will develop privately and once I'm done I will get in contact.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001299

Hops wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
Hops wrote:
Tony Lombardi wrote:

I previously developed my own private TTT server and know how to code. My proposition wasn't for Chute to give me code, rather create and develop my own server on a dedicated host and give Chute or any developers my code and server files. I will develop privately and once I'm done I will get in contact.

You use the word "developed". Do you actually even know how to code? and if not then we do not want a copy and paste and config job of a server. Sorry
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001305

TheXnator wrote:
ZARP and FP won't merge, it's pointless. Pretty sure Chute only keeps FP due to it being one of if not the longest running Gmod community.
I understand this point, if it's that old of course it would be treasured and kept.
TheXnator wrote:
As far as Chute has told anyone, funding is not a problem, and the community entirely pays for itself. ZARP massively tries not to be too pay to win, hence we only have VIP, giving no massive advantages and booster packs which are similar (not including update events).
The suggestion isn't "pay-to-win" at all, the suggestion was Donator Ranks deserve more in-game, and I suggested cosmetics such as playermodels / wearables.
TheXnator wrote:
The SSRP servers don't need to be linked to any others. They are fine as is aside from needing an update, and shouldn't have what I assume you mean as a Pointshop - it would just make it into a bit of a clusterfuck, much like the mess you get when you join other DarkRP servers.
The RP Shop was an idea but was later discarded as it doesn't fit the game mode. We've edited the post.

TheXnator wrote:
Making new RP servers requires a massive amount of planning, dedication and coding / server management knowledge. Who would do this? How do we know said people have such knowledge? How would the servers be secured to not die out? What would make it unique? You need a massive plan for anything like that, and prior experience with similar things. Even Prophunt and Murder had massive written plans for them, including a presentation for the Community Team, a working test server, two Server Owners to manage and develop (myself and Grumpy Marshmallow for Prophunt, myself and Luki Guki for Murder), despite not needing as much work towards them as an RP server needs.
We're not asking for it to be made the day after, we're asking for it to be brought up in the Suggestions meeting, thought about, planned and created, this isn't something you can make in a night as it takes people and time.
TheXnator wrote:
We used to have a marketplace / auction house on the Pointshop. Nobody really used it and it was pointless. (It was removed due to various issues, but nobody used it anyway).
I have no idea how long ago this was, however, I'm assuming it was a while ago. Due to the large player base we have currently, people will want to trade for items they want.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001306

MilRP :plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001314

There is no suggestions meeting. The way a server suggestion works is that you spend a long time (at least a month or two) planning out what you want to do. You plan out everything you want on the server, you document all your ideas properly and you put together a proper presentation alongside a server at least partially created to showcase everything. This alone will take a less experienced person at least a couple of months to do to a good standard, probably longer for a good RP server. You can contact the community team and ask them about presenting it, and then you can arrange and time and date to do this, give a proper, formal presentation and showcase the server. The community team will then discuss it and possibly vote in the following CM Team meeting if it is of a standard that they want to vote. They will usually give feedback on things to improve regardless of the outcome.

Even after a server has been accepted, it needs even more work to sort out the ZARP side; implementing ZARP code, sorting out forum sections and various threads for the forums, sorting out announcements for it, meeting times, starting staff, ensuring the proposed Server Owners are actually going to be dedicated enough.

Even just to make a suggestion, you should have a full plan or it will not go anywhere. Put together this, and I would recommend you talk to existing Server Owners / developers in the community to help you and work alongside you if you want it to be successful. Plan out who would work on it, what it would include and everything along those lines and you can make a viable suggestion.

I'm not saying that new servers shouldn't be done. I would personally absolutely love to see / help create a Military RP server, and I know a lot of the community have expressed interest in that, you just need to have the right people and the right planning before you try to go anywhere with it at all.

It wasn't that long ago that we had the Pointshop Marketplace. I developed it with Anon just a few months ago. It only stayed for a few weeks. We could make a new one and see how it goes in a future update, but we'll see.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by TheXnator.

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001326

• .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[ZARP] A Suggestion 6 years 1 month ago #1001480

A big part of me staying on Zarp early on was the fact that you didnt need VIP for any of the playermodels. It would be quite detrimental to make VIP playermodels or more exclusive items, so thats a big :minussp: from me
Furthermore, those who play MilitaryRP and StarwarsRP already have their servers. Why would they leave servers they're well established on in order to start fresh on some random one? Obtaining new MilitaryRP and StarwarsRP players is rather idealistic. Im not even going to get into the effort that it would require in order to code and maintain these servers.
Also melonbombers is an unpopular gamemode
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2235
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Henny.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

165 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop