Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [New Server] Melon Bomber

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001219

Server Name: New Server
Suggestion Title: Melon Bomber
How would it benefit the server: A while ago, I loved playing a game mode called 'Melon Bomber', it's a simple game where you drop melons and blow things up. A simple idea made into a Garry's Mod game mode. However, this game mode adds another level with randomly generated maps, power-up melons, and very fun gameplay. The reason I decided to start playing Melon Bomber again was due to this post on the forums, providing a poll for players to vote whether they wanted it to be a ZARP server. The results were heavily in the "YES" favor and I decided to get back into playing it. I think a ZARP Melon Bomber server will revive the genre, bringing a smaller community than TTT / SSRP but one that is well supported and played. I am personally very passionate about this game mode as I've played it a lot in the past and I would love to see a new server in the ZARP community, and Melon Bomber is mine and should be your Number 1 choice.

Melon Bomber revolves around the game mode and can work by itself, however, it needs a few add-ons to make the game more unique and manageable...

Melon Bomber Addons:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Melon Bomber doesn't need any game mode specific rules, the only rules you would need are the general rules on all servers such as: Exploiting, Disrespect and Spam.

Staffing is another subject, due to the server cap (typically 18), the server won't be overloaded with players, meaning it would be easier to manage. Staff should be able to apply on the forums with roles such as Lead Team, Server Owner and Admin.

This is the current state of the Melon Bomber community, it has a max of 3 servers with one server popular with ~ 8 players active. Not only would this be a striving community, it would also result higher in the game mode server list, adding new players to the server and the game mode as well.

Potential Issues/Exploits: It would take work and time to code and create, but with the effort and care, I believe it would be very popular and successful.

This took a very long time to create, so please post your feedback. If you want to add / change anything, I am very open to ideas and suggestions.

Thank you so much for reading!
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
  • Thanks received: 91
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Hops.
Login or register to post a reply.

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001220

:support:
Very fun game mode :)
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001221

why code and put the effort to make a whole new server just for a minigame like this? if they are coding a server might aswell add several mini games
  • LuciouS
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ✓ Dankek is a top lad ✓
  • Thanks received: 293
Ranks:
✪ Ex- SSRP Super Admin ✪
✪ Ex- TeamSpeak Staff ✪
✪ Ex- Forum Staff ✪

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001224

LuciouS wrote:
why code and put the effort to make a whole new server just for a minigame like this? if they are coding a server might aswell add several mini games
The main idea for this server is to be accompanied by other servers, it would logically make no sense to simply add this server standalone, so hopefully, they plan to add others as well. :P
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Hops.

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001229

LuciouS wrote:

Minigames was a thing in the past - but it did not work very well if I remember correctly
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001231

I think the majority of people work with fadmin rather than ulx, you'll need to find someone to own the server, and then they will decide between fadmin and ulx
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2620

Legendary Member

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001233

Kyber wrote:
I think the majority of people work with fadmin rather than ulx, you'll need to find someone to own the server, and then they will decide between fadmin and ulx
I used ULX on my personal server, I had never heard of fAdmin, I will add that to the post, thank you!
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001234

Hops wrote:
Not only would this be a striving community

18 players is hardly "striving".

I feel you've undermined your suggestion by adding the screenshot of the server list for melon bomber. Sure, maybe existing ZARP players would flock to the server if it was established but when roughly 8 people, as you mentioned in your OP, play on average I can't see any demand for a new server to play on.

It's clearly a suffering game mode within Garry's Mod and I personally feel there's too much risk for very little reward.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001237

.uzi wrote:
Hops wrote:
Not only would this be a striving community

18 players is hardly "striving".

I feel you've undermined your suggestion by adding the screenshot of the server list for melon bomber. Sure, maybe existing ZARP players would flock to the server if it was established but when roughly 8 people, as you mentioned in your OP, play on average I can't see any demand for a new server to play on.

It's clearly a suffering game mode within Garry's Mod and I personally feel there's too much risk for very little reward.
The main reason the server is dead is due to the owners leaving, the server is still up and running, however, the up-keep is dead, I understand where you're coming from, but a server with 18 players that possibly could be constantly full, in my eyes that is striving. I would play on this server a lot and I have others that feel the same, the reason I put so much effort into this is because I truly believe it could work.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001239

Average (past month): 3
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Nina.

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001243

The problem is that Melon Bomber is not a popular gamemode in itself.
The idea of a server is to bring in players to the community, and bringing in a large number of new players from outside the community, as you see a lot on the current servers, with a lot of unique players on Prophunt, TTT, Surf, Bhop and SSRP (less so, but still apparent on Deathrun and Jailbreak).
Pretty much every server has been successful in the fact that it brought new members into the community who stayed and contributed well (yes, even Murder). A gamemode like Melon Bomber, which barely has a playerbase to begin with, may give a server for some members of the community to play, but it would unlikely bring in new players, and not have an overly large number of players in the community playing it.

At the moment, the only server that is really needed for further expansion is a second, US based TTT server. If any new gamemodes were to come around, it would be best if they were RP gamemodes, such as MRP or SWRP.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[New Server] Melon Bomber 6 years 1 month ago #1001245

TheXnator wrote:
The problem is that Melon Bomber is not a popular gamemode in itself.
The idea of a server is to bring in players to the community, and bringing in a large number of new players from outside the community, as you see a lot on the current servers, with a lot of unique players on Prophunt, TTT, Surf, Bhop and SSRP (less so, but still apparent on Deathrun and Jailbreak).
Pretty much every server has been successful in the fact that it brought new members into the community who stayed and contributed well (yes, even Murder). A gamemode like Melon Bomber, which barely has a playerbase to begin with, may give a server for some members of the community to play, but it would unlikely bring in new players, and not have an overly large number of players in the community playing it.

At the moment, the only server that is really needed for further expansion is a second, US based TTT server. If any new
gamemodes were to come around, it would be best if they were RP gamemodes, such as MRP or SWRP.
I think I read your mind with my MASSIVE project
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Kim..
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.