Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule change

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905633

Server Name:TTT

Suggestion Title:Rule Change

How would it benefit the server:More clarification on rules, e.g. Gold block one , this being that it is only KOSable if it is unobtainable meaning that if someone is killed for merely hiding it /placing it someone out of sight it is not KOSable whilst hiding/placing the diamond blocks are so i think this should be the same for both of these as strict staff could punish for this even though imo it should be punishable.

Potential Issues/Exploits:Getting used to it but that isnt really an issue
Additional notes:This needs to be changed as it is punishable while it really shouldnt be so new staff could punish for it
  • WelcomingComic2
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Avid runescape,warframe and gmod player
  • Thanks received: 134
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905634

Already tried to bring a few of these up, always got denied with "they're fine as they are". I do believe someone is working on a complete overhaul of the rules, I hope they put a lot of work and effort into it.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905635

Not really needed. As long as it is included in a more general rule.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Johnler.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905637

I have tried bringing up a few of these rules to be clarified but for reasons I can't disclose because of meeting agreement it got denied (which I can say because if they were accepted you would have seen them on the outcome so don't tell me I'm breaking NDA this time).
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905677

While the rule could be made clearer it is not needed at all. This is what rule 2.5 states:
There are many KOS reasons and they all work in different situations and scenarios, here are a few
- Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots

The key part here is that it says these are a few valid kos reasons, not all. Throwing the golden block into unreachable spots is obviously valid reason, however nowhere does it state that if a user is attempting to hide it but its still reachable then they can't be kosed. Use your common sense, if a user is attempting to hide the golden block they are committing a traitorous act as they are taking away one way for the innocents to win the game, by force testing. While not included in the list of a few valid kos reasons it is still kosable.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905686

Miia wrote:
While the rule could be made clearer it is not needed at all. This is what rule 2.5 states:
There are many KOS reasons and they all work in different situations and scenarios, here are a few

The key part here is that it says these are a few valid kos reasons, not all. Throwing the golden block into unreachable spots is obviously valid reason, however nowhere does it state that if a user is attempting to hide it but its still reachable then they can't be kosed. Use your common sense, if a user is attempting to hide the golden block they are committing a traitorous act as they are taking away one way for the innocents to win the game, by force testing. While not included in the list of a few valid kos reasons it is still kosable.
Its mainly the way it is phrased to be honest
- Attempting to hide diamond blocks from innocents.
This clearly states that making it unreachable and trying to hide it Kosable whilst with the gold it does not
  • WelcomingComic2
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-Bhop Moderator

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905691

WelcomingComic2 wrote:
Miia wrote:

This clearly states that making it unreachable and trying to hide it Kosable whilst with the gold it does not
It was phrased that way because Captin knows exactly what Miia just said: there are a lot of reasons, these are a few, and there happen to be even more. Common sense very much applies in that regard.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905692

WelcomingComic2 wrote:
Miia wrote:

Again, it just takes a little common sense which i would hope all our staff have. However i do see this a lot where because throwing it in unreachable spots is kosable they assume that it has to be unreachable or its RDM. This is not the case as they are 2 different kos reasons, one being throwing it in unreachable spots and the other being attempting to hide it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905793

Key thing to remember here is that at the top of the rules it states that the rules are only guidelines and not to be followed exactly how they are written if common sense rules over it, basically just use common sense around them areas of the rules.

I remember discussing this with DrConor once where he was telling people they couldn’t KOS for throwing the gold block into the water because it isn’t ‘unreachable’, and I was saying that if you can be KOS’ed for hiding the diamond blocks, then just use common sense and know that it’s the same for the gold block, the rules aren’t meant to be read ‘exactly’ as they are written and this is where the common sense comes in, if anyone punished for that wording of the rule it would be extremely unfair
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905813

_Eddie_ wrote:
Key thing to remember here is that at the top of the rules it states that the rules are only guidelines and not to be followed exactly how they are written if common sense rules over it, basically just use common sense around them areas of the rules.

I remember discussing this with DrConor once where he was telling people they couldn’t KOS for throwing the gold block into the water because it isn’t ‘unreachable’, and I was saying that if you can be KOS’ed for hiding the diamond blocks, then just use common sense and know that it’s the same for the gold block, the rules aren’t meant to be read ‘exactly’ as they are written and this is where the common sense comes in, if anyone punished for that wording of the rule it would be extremely unfair
Im only saying this because i believe i saw someone be punished for this once , not recently, but because of that i believe the wording should be changed as some newer staff would probably take it word for word at times
  • WelcomingComic2
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-Bhop Moderator

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905816

WelcomingComic2 wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

Im only saying this because i believe i saw someone be punished for this once , not recently, but because of that i believe the wording should be changed as some newer staff would probably take it word for word at times
Yeah I agree with you, it should be changed. I saw it being taken word for word as well but luckily no one got punished
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905817

WelcomingComic2 wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

The wording does not need changing because both throwing the block into unreachable spots and hiding diamonds are both kosable. If you really think staff are incapable of common sense then yeah try adding an extra valid kos reason saying its kosable to hide the gold block.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905818

Miia wrote:
WelcomingComic2 wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

The wording does not need changing because both throwing the block into unreachable spots and hiding diamonds are both kosable. If you really think staff are incapable of common sense then yeah try adding an extra valid kos reason saying its kosable to hide the gold block.
Maybe it does need wording differently though if even an experienced staff member was wrong about this?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905830

_Eddie_ wrote:

You clearly forgot what i said cause i never told anyone that hiding the gold block is not kosable all i said was its not stated in the rules i never commented on if it was a loophole or not, The only thing i said was that it should be changed due to it confusing many new staff members.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905833

Drconor wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

You clearly forgot what i said cause i never told anyone that hiding the gold block is not kosable all i said was its not stated in the rules i never commented on if it was a loophole or not, The only thing i said was that it should be changed due to it confusing many new staff members.
Different time, I’m talking about when that guy said “KOS *name* he threw gold block in the water” and you replied telling him that isn’t KOS’able
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905836

This rule does not have to change and it will not change. Any traitorous act is KOSable. This includes the obstruction of the gold block reaching the tester in any way shape and form.

Just because it gives a few examples (and I would like to point out that the rule specifically states that they are examples) does not mean that these are the only possible scenarios.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miia, eddie.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905837

_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

Different time, I’m talking about when that guy said “KOS *name* he threw gold block in the water” and you replied telling him that isn’t KOS’able

This never happend.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905843

Drconor wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

This never happend.
I remember it happening and the fairly long discussion in admin chat we had about it after, although we can’t argue here on the forums so you can message me on steam if you’d like to
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905850

The only thing I can say is that whenever we train a newer staff member, we should include that just because something isn't clearly described in the rules, doesn't mean it simply isn't apart of them. That is if all the points you're making is that the rule doesn't provide every single type of valid or invalid reason to KOS someone. They're merely there as examples to help players and staff, but it doesn't mean that we need to expand our rules to be equal or even close to being as long as SSRPs rules. Because if that's the route we're taking, then we need some serious bag checking going on, cause I'm 25% sure that we have a person with a Jihad in here.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, eddie.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905855

The rules should be crystal clear and lead to no discussion about whether something is allowed or not. You can't count on every staff member to have 'common sense' anymore. Editing a piece of text isn't too hard, surely
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Ace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32