Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule change

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905860

Ace wrote:
The rules should be crystal clear and lead to no discussion about whether something is allowed or not. You can't count on every staff member to have 'common sense' anymore. Editing a piece of text isn't too hard, surely
I guess the rule could be changed from
- Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.
- Attempting to hide diamond blocks from innocents.
To
- Attempting to obstruct the Golden block from reaching the tester
- Attempting to obstruct diamond blocks from reaching the furnace.
Then again, this could be considered too vague because there is no concrete example. And because of that I feel like it is fine enough as it is, unless you can come with a better suggestion.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905875

Ace wrote:
The rules should be crystal clear and lead to no discussion about whether something is allowed or not. You can't count on every staff member to have 'common sense' anymore. Editing a piece of text isn't too hard, surely

While I understand your point, if we were talking about every "little" detail of text, we'd be adding an entire wall of things, the rules for some are long enough, and for the casual player won't care as it is, you can't honestly expect someone to want to read a wall of text when the majority of it is all about subsections, like how SSRP has it's Jobs. While I understand that for them it's necessary, this is one of those things that if we ended up having to do, people wouldn't want to read them in the least bit. They can get a warning which leads to them leading about it, and that's literally how some players learn cause they can't stand reading walls of text describing every nook and cranny of a single section of the rules.

Common sense shouldn't be that hard for people to do, and if you're saying people can't use their brain in the slightest to realize that in this case "Hiding the golden block" and the fact that the rule says "Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots." They both in fact fall underneath being a traitorous act.

I understand clarity, but this isn't rocket science either.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905877

Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
To
Then again, this could be considered too vague because there is no concrete example. And because of that I feel like it is fine enough as it is, unless you can come with a better suggestion.

Sounds good. The diamond block one seems clear as it is, however. I'd recommend changing it to either your suggestion or
- Attempting to hide the Golden block from innocents/detectives
- Attempting to hide diamond blocks from innocents/detectives
Also makes sure no smartypantses come crying like "But admiiiin, I didn't throw it so it was a false kos"
Bezzy wrote:
Ace wrote:

While I understand your point, if we were talking about every "little" detail of text, we'd be adding an entire wall of things, the rules for some are long enough, and for the casual player won't care as it is, you can't honestly expect someone to want to read a wall of text when the majority of it is all about subsections, like how SSRP has it's Jobs. While I understand that for them it's necessary, this is one of those things that if we ended up having to do, people wouldn't want to read them in the least bit. They can get a warning which leads to them leading about it, and that's literally how some players learn cause they can't stand reading walls of text describing every nook and cranny of a single section of the rules.

Common sense shouldn't be that hard for people to do, and if you're saying people can't use their brain in the slightest to realize that in this case "Hiding the golden block" and the fact that the rule says "Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots." They both in fact fall underneath being a traitorous act.

I understand clarity, but this isn't rocket science either.
I know, I'm on the same page as you guys when it comes to common sense but if the phrasing of the rule leads to discussions regularly it's better to simply rephrase it.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Ace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Raeker, eddie.

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905878

Ace wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
To

Sounds good. The diamond block one seems clear as it is, however. I'd recommend changing it to either your suggestion or
Also makes sure no smartypantses come crying like "But admiiiin, I didn't throw it so it was a false kos"
The difficult thing is that there is an easy way to obstruct the blocks from reaching their destinations without hiding the blocks, yet it's just as KOSable.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905879

Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
To

The difficult thing is that there is an easy way to obstruct the blocks from reaching their destinations without hiding the blocks, yet it's just as KOSable.

To

-Attempting to hide/delay the Gold and Diamond blocks from reaching the Tester/Furnace
  • WelcomingComic2
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Avid runescape,warframe and gmod player
  • Thanks received: 134
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-Bhop Moderator

[TTT] Rule change 6 years 5 months ago #905880

Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Ace wrote:
To

I'm not too familiar with the minecraft map when it comes to the loopholes and tricks it offers. If you're right then your suggestion is better.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

125 PLAYERS ONLINE