Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830546

TheXnator wrote:
Jaxjaxjack wrote:
The point i think is on this post that video was an example. It feels like now to me i have encountered many hackers some obvious and others are not. And for the a millionth time LT there is shit that can bypass anti-cheat whether you all want to accept it or not. And the fact that LT need to vote on obvious hackers to be banned is just delaying the inevitable. I would understand it on someone who is missing half of their shots, but getting headshots on everyone but someone who is locking on and not missing anything and clearly toggling? In my opinion there should only be votes on something like this when its actually NEEDED not just every hacker we see who is bypassing anti-cheat because like i said some are obvious others are not.

We know you can bypass the anticheats, however part of the reason why there is more on TTT that can bypass them is because the anticheat has not yet been updated on TTT for some reason to the new one because apparently nothing that I worked on is allowed to go onto the server. The updated anticheats are harder to bypass, and will catch the majority of cheats, however the reason we allow voting on them in the Lead Team meetings is because we know that they can be bypassed.
Admins should not be allowed to punish hackers.

Well that's shitty if you updated anti-cheat but they won't let you update it in TTT. And i don't give 2 shits if i'm allowed or not to punish hackers i just tell LT to come on and just see what happens then end up going on the forums to see another hacking post and include my point of view which i obviously would think is correct but i am not LT so i don't really understand fully why admins should not be allowed to punish hackers. But hey we try to do what we can by giving video evidence and whatever and let LT go from there i guess.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jax.
Login or register to post a reply.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830551

I am going to quote what I mentioned on Lonely Dodo's post as to why this is quite literally the worst change to the hacking policy that could possibly be made.

Raeker wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Chienman wrote:
Hello everyone :)

To be honest, it's true that we can feel a bit abandonned in front of some obvious hackers.
I understand your point Dodo, and I think that every staff member in TTT has been wondering at least ONCE how to deal efficiently with hackers.

Funny thing is, for me, in more than 4 months of being LT member, I have only caught one hacker, and I fucked up regarding the policies. An utter failure and disgrace for me.

I will agree that the system is not perfect. However, be aware that we CAN'T have the perfect system and polcies to make the experience on TTT the best, regarding hackers, cheaters and bitches in general.

The reason is simple : we are given, as staff members, some freedom of judgement. Plus, let's be honest. Zarp is very democratic. Staff members are chosen following everyone's vote, anyone can suggest new ideas, and so on.

No one is ever kicked or banned for stupid reasons. And come on, we all know all servers do not work that way !

We have strict but mandatory policies and staff ethos. We ensure that everyone, absolutely EVERYONE spend a good time on our servers.

But this last point, also means that we can't do whatever we like, even when someone is blatantly hacking. We need to vote those kind of things, to be sure that everyone is treated equally. That's how things work here, and I think it is for the best.

I'd rather have this than banning a user because we "think" that he is hacking. Allow this, even for good reasons, and inevitably it will eventually turn wrong and create more problems that it solves.Or having a dictatorian server where I am, as a HA, allowed to ban your ass out of the staff team because of an argument, or just because I don't like you.

That's my opinion. I would love our counter hacking tools to be more effective. But I don't think that TTT is broken. The server is enjoyable and always full.

Have a nice day, everyone.

I agree with most if not all of this, but there is just one flaw in this

Right now admins are allowed to ban if someone Mass RDM's and LTAP's this proof will vanish in 10 rounds and then it will be Admins word against the user

And the small bit of extension in the policy that I was aiming to add is something like this:

When someone is blatantly hacking without any doubt take video evidence of the situation after which you can kick the person for hacking like we would normally proceed. If the user reconnects and continues you can ban him until the next staff meeting where Lead Team will decide the faith of the user. However do mind that false flagging will have consequences on you.

If admins were to follow this there is less room for abuse than in normal ban cases where they are not required to provide any sort of proof
Mass RDM can be proven with logs. Hacking cannot be proven with anything serverside except the anticheat, which can only be used if the user is online.

Like I've already stated, there are several users that have supposedly been blatantly hacking that do not use hacks. I recall a particular user last summer called Kana, who was extremely, extremely good. Me and several other LT members suspected them of hacking, but they actually sent me a video of them playing at some point and they did not use any client side modifications that could be considered hacking.

Under this particular rule, Kana would have been banned.

Any staff member that was around at the time will agree with me that that is the worst thing to happen, considering the fact that they became one of the greatest staff members we've had, even managing to get the record of over 1000 reports in a single week.

If we'd allow admins to ban hackers then this will only ruin the server. Trust me, I'm talking from experience.

This should not happen under any circumstances. Admins, who usually do not have the experience to understand the difference between a hack and skill (and, actually, a lot of lead team members don't understand it either) should not have the power to instantly punish hackers without proof. Nobody should have that power on their own. The best compromise is the system we currently have, where experienced staff together vote on whether or not that video of yours can be considered hacking.

The hacking policy does not need to be changed, or at least that part of it shouldn't be.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Raeker.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830552

The current policy is the best and most efficient system we could have in order to maintain our communities ethos and values. In response to a few of your points: Admins will never be able to punish someone for hacking. We cannot ban people left right and center based on blatantly edited videos like the one you sent. Thirdly we are fully aware that the anticheat can be bypassed hence why there is a system in place to combat this.

The current policy has been debated and discussed many times in the community team meeting and it hasn't changed in a long time. Again this is due to the fact that it works very well with our ethos and values, of innocent until proven guilty and giving people a chance to improve. I am however more than willing to answer any questions you may have.
  • CaptinF1rework
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830554

CaptinF1rework wrote:
The current policy is the best and most efficient system we could have in order to maintain our communities ethos and values. In response to a few of your points: Admins will never be able to punish someone for hacking. We cannot ban people left right and center based on blatantly edited videos like the one you sent. Thirdly we are fully aware that the anticheat can be bypassed hence why there is a system in place to combat this.

The current policy has been debated and discussed many times in the community team meeting and it hasn't changed in a long time. Again this is due to the fact that it works very well with our ethos and values, of innocent until proven guilty and giving people a chance to improve. I am however more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

I think one of the only downfalls of the situation is that they could be cheating the whole week until the meeting has come around. Not sure what the reason fix is for this may be the video can be discussed before the meeting with a few or many lead team members to make it so they aren't running around hacking all week?
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830680

CaptinF1rework wrote:

]

Really, REALLY stupid, pointless and unreasonable in my opinion but whatever, not my community.

Fine, don't change them if you don't want, but at least cut some lose ends - Nowhere, for the current resources provided to admins OR MODS is it stated that they aren't supposed to handle hackers.

I would :
1. In the given resources and policies to admins AND MODS, clearly state that they are NOT supposed to handle hackers (it's fucking heartbreaking to write that, you have no idea) and that they can handle all rule-breakers EXCEPT hackers, who should be passed onto Lead-Team members in order to be handled.
2. I'd take this into big consideration if I was you - Allow Admins to use Anti-Cheat, for the following benefits:
  • -Currently, from what I've heard, admins aren't allowed to use the anti-cheat because you can tell who the traitors are and who aren't, This to me, is extremely stupid, as you can already find out who the traitors are and aren't, by different means - using the F8 menu, which even MODS can use to determine who's a T and who's not) OR, Use a spectator. This issue is unrelated to the Anti-Cheat issue as it is with quality of staff issue, most staff just ignore if they accidentally catch who's the T and who's not, whilst some could be quietly acting upon those actions. Corrupt staff will be corrupt and do corrupt things, that's bound to happen, bound for people to be punished unfairly. There's not much to change that, however, the easiest way to combat this would mean that whilst one admin is in Anti-cheat, other staff members currently on should just make sure that they don't go back to living in the same round. If they do, report that to a LT member.
  • (I then stopped writing the benefits to implementing AC for Admins, as it won't get accepted. No need to run my mouth when fuck all will happen. Sadly, I've done that over a dozen times in my time of staffing)

The main issue I'm having is people who don't even hide the fact that they hack. I can't handle those cases. People who spinbot, spam the server with advertisements to hacking websites, wipe out the server clean, advertise their hacks in reports. I can't handle cases like those. I have to let the server suffer, and just watch, which is heartbreaking as a staff member.

I've tried applying to Lead Team roles not to sit in Teamspeak doing fuck all, but actually using my powers on the server because currently, LT aren't as active as some admins, that's obvious. (Speaking of which, please add a requirement or something similar for LT applications to have Team-Speak activity.

As for the "innocent until proven guilty" thing, again, that shit don't fly, don't be serious. I've stated before, I've made 3 offricial appeals for warns and a few unofficial, all of which were lifted. I've been innocent in all cases, yet I got the punishment, come on now.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830685

The guy in the video wasn't even cheating lol

good job blindo
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1398
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830686

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The hacking policy states that they can only be punished based on anticheat detection or evidence voted to be conclusive in the Lead Team meeting, which only Lead Team can do.
We do look for Teamspeak activity in Lead Team apps, dud to the fact that LT need to communicate with people, and they all get Teamspeak Staff as well.
Innocent until proven guilty is one of the key staffing points of ZARP bud, and it is something we enforce strongly. When staff don't abide by it, they are dealt with approproately.

Admins are never getting access to anticheat commands, due to privacy reasons.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by TheXnator.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830712

Fine, don't change them if you don't want, but at least cut some lose ends - Nowhere, for the current resources provided to admins OR MODS is it stated that they aren't supposed to handle hackers.

I hate to be that guy but zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/ttt/109961-ttt-ban-situations
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830739

LonelyDodo wrote:

I hate to be that guy but zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/ttt/109961-ttt-ban-situations

I hate to be that guy too, Dodo, but -

I'm referring to the resources you get when you receive training. This post was also made a week ago, and people haven't been retrained nor officially informed.

The way I see it, either everything is formal, or nothing is formal. Currently, Zarp feels super half-assed.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830753

Why hack get a life omg

SSRP Moderator

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830754

Svanzscape wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:

I'm referring to the resources you get when you receive training. This post was also made a week ago, and people haven't been retrained nor officially informed.

The way I see it, either everything is formal, or nothing is formal. Currently, Zarp feels super half-assed.

Trust me no one on the staff team needs to be retrained, you complain about this to the point they probably all know. I do agree with you that I don't like the hacking policy in place when I was SA, but admins should NEVER get anti-cheat that is a trust thing due to some privacy issues and that will never change.
  • brenzor9137
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex - TTT SA
  • Thanks received: 395

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830758

TheXnator wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The hacking policy states that they can only be punished based on anticheat detection or evidence voted to be conclusive in the Lead Team meeting, which only Lead Team can do.
We do look for Teamspeak activity in Lead Team apps, dud to the fact that LT need to communicate with people, and they all get Teamspeak Staff as well.
Innocent until proven guilty is one of the key staffing points of ZARP bud, and it is something we enforce strongly. When staff don't abide by it, they are dealt with approproately.

Admins are never getting access to anticheat commands, due to privacy reasons.

Ty for putting long posts in spoilers, most, including me, don't usually do it but it's cool when someone does do it.

As for your point about the hacking policy - Yeah, I know, and I think it's bad lmao.

As for your point about "Innocent until proven guilty", the "dealt with appropriately" part is shit, again, Zarp is overly lenient and give "punishments" that are comparable to "naughty boy don't do this again".As for it applying in the case of my proposal, it wouldn't change that, it would simply equalise the current rule-handling policies with the current one, because LIKE I MENTIONED BEFORE, I was handled with GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT, and not the other way around, however you put that shit on this proposal for 0 reason. Those cases happened to me over 4 times and it definitely doesn't give me the message of Innocent until proven guilty.

AGAIN, Not my community, yours is, but it's a stupid system filled with grey areas that can be exploited easily.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830759

Svanzscape wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:

You are right actually...... I just received it when I was trained so I thought it was old
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830762

brenzor9137 wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:

Trust me no one on the staff team needs to be retrained, you complain about this to the point they probably all know. I do agree with you that I don't like the hacking policy in place when I was SA, but admins should NEVER get anti-cheat that is a trust thing due to some privacy issues and that will never change.

Again,
Svanzscape wrote:

Shit like "probably all knows" are loose ends and not formal written resources which I'd like them to be.

All I want is for Zarp to be crisp and sharp.

As for Anti-cheat, that's whatever, it's virtually useless anyways, as currently in the cases i've seen, more than half of the suspects who, I'd say are obvious hackers, and for a good reason, get away with it because they use Key-Toggles and not a GUI that shows up on AC. Making me, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, As good of a judge as anyone in deciding weather or not he is a hacker.

I'd personally, if I was in favour of this shit policy, make it so that hacking cases are brought up in the Admin meeting too and not only the Lead-Team meeting, for a wider opinion in order to come up with an unbiased vote.

However, I'm not in favour of this shit policy.

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830770

Svanzscape wrote:
brenzor9137 wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:

Again,
Svanzscape wrote:

Shit like "probably all knows" are loose ends and not formal written resources which I'd like them to be.

All I want is for Zarp to be crisp and sharp.

As for Anti-cheat, that's whatever, it's virtually useless anyways, as currently in the cases i've seen, more than half of the suspects who, I'd say are obvious hackers, and for a good reason, get away with it because they use Key-Toggles and not a GUI that shows up on AC. Making me, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, As good of a judge as anyone in deciding weather or not he is a hacker.

I'd personally, if I was in favour of this shit policy, make it so that hacking cases are brought up in the Admin meeting too and not only the Lead-Team meeting, for a wider opinion in order to come up with an unbiased vote.

However, I'm not in favour of this shit policy.

Dude my first sentence about "they prob already know" was joke about how much you bitch about it, WHICH YOU ARE COMPLETELY ENTITLED TOO. I was just trying to throw a little joke in with my two-sense.
  • brenzor9137
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex - TTT SA
  • Thanks received: 395

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830771

In my opinion, I feel it is just the outdated anticheat that is implemented on TTT. I can never convince Captin to change it to a more reliable and updated AC system as he has stated his reasons why he doesn't want to either. With a more updated AC i feel these hacking incidents could happen less and a hacking policy review wouldn't need to commence.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830900

CrankyBot wrote:
In my opinion, I feel it is just the outdated anticheat that is implemented on TTT. I can never convince Captin to change it to a more reliable and updated AC system as he has stated his reasons why he doesn't want to either. With a more updated AC i feel these hacking incidents could happen less and a hacking policy review wouldn't need to commence.
How can the AC on TTT be out dated? It detects lua injection and such, it just isn't easy to catch those who use more advanced cheats.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830902

Clarky wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:
How can the AC on TTT be out dated? It detects lua injection and such, it just isn't easy to catch those who use more advanced cheats.

They are outdated, we have a more updated version on Prophunt, Murder and Deathrun.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830914

TheXnator wrote:
Clarky wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

They are outdated, we have a more updated version on Prophunt, Murder and Deathrun.
Just get Tyler to put it on, literally no risk on updating a anti cheat that has worked on other PS servers.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579

Hacking policy proposal @TTT/Zarp Higher ups 6 years 8 months ago #830928

Clarky wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Clarky wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

Just get Tyler to put it on, literally no risk on updating a anti cheat that has worked on other PS servers.

Tyler told me to ask Max / Captin, who said it would not go on the server because I helped work on it (and Max claimed that the part that Tyler wrote was wrong, even though it isn't)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

309 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1