Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ)

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813675

Server Name:TTT

Suggestion Title:Spectator Death-match (Also, this isn't a really clear bullet point to fill out, Suggestion Title? What do you mean by that? Just what do I call it? Where do I explain the suggestion? What it is? This should be revisited.

How would it benefit the server:Oh, where can i start. There have been, FOREVER NOW, Tons of people asking for spectator death-match. Tons. Now, more and more reason come in the server, and when they're dead, they type "!dm" and ask "Why is there no Spectator Death-Match in this server?" It's heartbreaking to tell them that we simply don't have it.

The server would be amazing with it, I feel as if it's not something like we want, it's something we NEED. A server with 40+ people ACTIVELY, and DAILY, and we don't have SpecDM? Really? Rounds last ages, and to make them go by faster you could easily hop in to SpecDM to improve your skills.

This, would obviously, help pass time. If you're one of the unlucky ones, who dies at the start, you have to wait until like 40 OTHER PEOPLE have to finish the round. This sometimes lasts for AGES, goes up to 10 or so minutes. What do you do then? You either, sit there spectating, doing jack, or, what most people do, tab out and do something else. This causes a lot of people to get distracted and stay tabbed out for way too long, leading them to stay AFK even when the next round starts.

Another thing it would help with, is improving general skills of the people within the server. This isn't anything new, TTT players, when they become traitors, they are very slow or extremely inefficient when it comes to actually making a move, again, increasing the round time. They take ages to make a move, because they're not confident in their abilities to kill someone, so they wait for the right opportunity, only to choke and miss that crucial shot. This would allow users to practise their aim and shooting skills, and passively take care of that problem.

The map is boring as it is, all you do is walk around, wait to either be shot to shoot back or just wait until you die so you get a T round. This would by far increase the fun factor, allowing you to blindly without any consequences (such as sitting AFK for 10 minutes) to go around shooting others - if you die, you respawn and you go do it again. It's a gamemode within a gamemode, and it's a ton of fun. A big chance of pace, a NEEDED one, when it comes to the same map, the same game, the same people.

Another bonus - It's a great way to keep the loyal community playing. As mentioned by me many many MANY times before, one of the biggest issues is keeping a loyal, long-term playerbase, as usually, people stick around for around a month, and then get bored. Of course, there are other people that stay for longer and whatnot, but usually, the server is like 2/3 rookies, which is a bad margin. We need people who stay, good people, not just blind numbers.

Lastly, one of the best factors is that it's not forced - Only the people willing to participate would be able to join, only those who write "!dm" in chat would be put in a round of Spectator Deathmatch, and those who wish to stay AFK can freely do so. This would decrease the lag that would happen, as not the ENTIRE server would be in SpecDM, just enough to keep the active ones having fun, and the ones that wish to stay AFK can stay AFK, leading to a ton of benefits.

MAINLY FOR HIGHER UPS :
All of the times of which I've asked for it to be implemented, I always get the same response - "It would be laggy." I've heard rumours by many, that that issue has been fixed, the lag issue, leading to the implementation of this plugin, A SIMPLE TASK, being almost victim less. It's at least worth a try, or a test week or at least half of it. Please, if we can't have S2, Let us at least have this, literally the second best thing, a very needed upgrade to the current TTT server, which is becoming more and more boring to play for the loyal players.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Obviously, the lag threat is the biggest issue. As mentioned before, I've heard that it has been fixed, and I'm asking to at least test it, run it for a week, maybe less, see how it is, ask the staff to gather feedback and see how it works.

Second issue, would be pointfarming. If you kill a Traitor as an innocent, or more importantly an innocent as a traitor, you get 25 points. Now, in SpecDM, this would mean A LOT of points. This however, isn't that big of an issue, as we just had the christmas update which gathered people MILLIONS, and we have other means of getting points, so the issue or exploit regarding this would be insignificant, or minimal compared to the benefits of implementing this.

Another two issues mentioned by Sally, are that 1. SpecDM players can be targeted by living players, using knives or radio commands. Whilst this is an issue, it's a fairly minor one as it's not so to say gamebreaking and odds of that happening are tiny, and I still think the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

Additional notes:
I honestly ask you to seriously consider implementing this, This would help the server immensly, especially on the user-experience side of things. It's boring as fuck to play as a user, when I was staff, I had something to do when I was dead - do reports, when I resigned, it was overwhelmingly boring. This would add a lot. Please, SERIOUSLY consider this, adding it and at least testing it for a week. If it's still laggy, fuck it, remove it, but if it isn't, it would be insane.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813681

Used to exist , lagged the server too much
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813683

This isn't gonna be added. The server is doing great and they are too scared to add/remove anything, even though the only reason the server is doing so well is because of minecraft.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813684

Nick0GR wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813695

i totally agree add this
1bcuz im no1 on svanz's kill list at the start so i've died a second into the round lets upgrade the server so that it can handle it plsssssssssssssssssssssss

:plussp:
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813696

Jim_Jam wrote:
This isn't gonna be added. The server is doing great and they are too scared to add/remove anything, even though the only reason the server is doing so well is because of minecraft.

That's really sad to think. Yes, it is doing good, IN TERMS OF NUMBERS. 40 plus people, what's the problem, etc.

But as I said, 2/3 of those 40-50 are rule-breaking young rookies yelling N****r all the time.

But in my opinion it shouldn't be ran like that, they shouldn't be SCARED to change shit. I hate that you can make decisions on a server you can't be bothered to come on, to see how it's doing, etc. It's the active people that have to suffer because of that. SpecDM would be great, and would only benefit the people who CHOOSE to enter it. If it affects the servers performance in any way, which I'VE HEARD THEY FIXED, then sure, remove it, but if it's insignificant then why not have it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813704

Svanzscape wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

That's really sad to think. Yes, it is doing good, IN TERMS OF NUMBERS. 40 plus people, what's the problem, etc.

But as I said, 2/3 of those 40-50 are rule-breaking young rookies yelling N****r all the time.

But in my opinion it shouldn't be ran like that, they shouldn't be SCARED to change shit. I hate that you can make decisions on a server you can't be bothered to come on, to see how it's doing, etc. It's the active people that have to suffer because of that. SpecDM would be great, and would only benefit the people who CHOOSE to enter it. If it affects the servers performance in any way, which I'VE HEARD THEY FIXED, then sure, remove it, but if it's insignificant then why not have it?

Amen.

#BringBackJerry
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813712

bald and black wrote:
hey guys i am 21 years old, bisexual and dropped out of highschool. I dedicated my life to zarp and I write long suggestions like you.

please thank you my posts, reblog and give good karma

I write fast, and I've finished College in Extended ICT and Engineering - I wrote long ass detailed reports for 4 years, two 6 page reports a day, so I just learnt to write like that. I can't do any less, and more importantly, any less would mean that my suggestion gets skipped over - I really want this to be implemented, so I have to sell it as best as I can.

But being bisexual is in fashion these days, I'm glad you came out to all of us, wish you best of luck with that, I mean, more fish in the sea for you, compared to the rest of us.

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813716

Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke
It's a bad joke , i personally like it but they have decided to stop reviewing suggestions for TTT a WHILE ago
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813717

Svanzscape wrote:
bald and black wrote:
hey guys i am 21 years old, bisexual and dropped out of highschool. I dedicated my life to zarp and I write long suggestions like you.

I write fast, and I've finished College in Extended ICT and Engineering - I wrote long ass detailed reports for 4 years, two 6 page reports a day, so I just learnt to write like that. I can't do any less, and more importantly, any less would mean that my suggestion gets skipped over - I really want this to be implemented, so I have to sell it as best as I can.

But being bisexual is in fashion these days, I'm glad you came out to all of us, wish you best of luck with that, I mean, more fish in the sea for you, compared to the rest of us.

but ur name doesnt start with an e and end with a z
  • bald and black
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 38
Im an outdated meme of a person

Im a decent graphic designer, yet im better than quite a few people -cough-

contact me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Mobile Task Force Gunner

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813720

Jim_Jam wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

Amen.

#BringBackJerry

The memories...

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813735

bald and black wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
bald and black wrote:

but ur name doesnt start with an e and end with a z

There are no commonly known names that start with E and end with Z.
Also, there is literally only one approved English word, that starts with an E and ends with a Z - Ersatz. It's referred to products being made in order to replace another product, usually of an inferior and cheaper version.

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813748

Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke
It's a bad joke , i personally like it but they have decided to stop reviewing suggestions for TTT a WHILE ago

Nope TTT suggests are reviewed regularly, get your facts straight kid!
  • CaptinF1rework
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813764

CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

You see the issue is, your community feels left in the dark when you don't make it clear that you review them other than saying "Yeah we review them"
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8582
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, DrConor

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813770

CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

The only change to suggestions that has been made a while ago is that they're no longer voted on in meetings. Instead Max and Captin discuss the suggestions themselves. It's mostly to ensure weird ideas like this no longer gets through:
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Raeker.

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813771

CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

I think he was referring to suggestions being decided in meetings, something that I was familiar with around 2 years ago, and was surprised to see it removed when I came back to ZARP.

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813772

Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

The only change to suggestions that has been made a while ago is that they're no longer voted on in meetings. Instead Max and Captin discuss the suggestions themselves. It's mostly to ensure weird ideas like this no longer gets through:

mmmm yes loved that meeting lol :P

(That wasn't the only reason. *cough* Holy Hand Grenade)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813773

Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

how the fuck did that work .
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813777

CrankyBot wrote:
Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

We voted to remove it the next week. It never got added.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[TTT]Spectator Deathmatch (HIGHER UPS PLEASE READ) 6 years 3 months ago #813779

CrankyBot wrote:
Raeker wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

did you even read

or is this a bad joke

Cannibalism or Suggestion voting?

Cannibalism - A workshop addon, you eat a body to make it disappear (Like a flare gun) while making the nomb nomb nomb sound from TF2, and giving you max health I think.

Voting on Suggestions - You just vote on them lmao
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

183 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop