Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica...

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246616

Chespin wrote:
i've literally never seen you actually play the game
:minussp:
That's true, but he does not have to. he is still learning how to walk
  • Krugar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • legally retarded
  • Thanks received: 29

(Ex) TTT moderator

The topic has been locked.

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246618

YES,DAMN YES
Best charisma in the game.
:plussp:
  • An12854
  • Junior Boarder
  • Mentelgen
  • Thanks received: 17
Ex-TTT Moderator

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246619

Foonsiie wrote:
Addressing a few concerns:

Will I take the role seriously?:
Absolutely. I understand concerns over my ability to slay friends, however my rapport with players on Nova Gaming (The server I mentioned I staffed on) was almost identical to that of the Zarp community. I was perfectly capable of slaying rule-breaking friends on that server, and I assure you I can still put my foot down now.

"You don't play the game normally/seriously!":
I completely understand this criticism: my playstyle doesn't actively demonstrate a consistent understanding of the rules because it doesn't place me in many scenarios where in-game character rules can be broken.

While I understand that you must be sure I know the rules competently, I feel as if my application, previous staffing experience and lack of punishments all demonstrate my comprehension of the rules. A few examples of rules I could easily break (but I don't because I know the rules) are as follows:
-I never knowingly delay the round if I am a Traitor or Detective.
-I never T-bait or expose my T-buddies.
-Given enough in-game information, I can identify and thereby avoid following up on false KOS's (refer to my application for proof).

I discourage you from the mindset that my playstyle has inhibited my learning of the rules, because it simply hasn't. It's ineffective at winning, for certain, but I derive enjoyment from playing this casual way.
You mention the fact that you have no recents but this just states that you cant get punished if you stand in one place non stop, and when you are traitor you do the exact same thing.
  • Exothermic362
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ya boi
  • Thanks received: 278
Exothermic362#0104
Steam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246644

nice application and very chill in game but I don't think you will up being staff based on the gameplay
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 334

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246650

:plussp: Don't see any reason why you should be denied.

Your activity is great, you don't time farm for your unique way of playing and you are interactive with the community.

I won't be there to vote but goodluck !
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246651

Exothermic362 wrote:
Foonsiie wrote:
Addressing a few concerns:

Will I take the role seriously?:
Absolutely. I understand concerns over my ability to slay friends, however my rapport with players on Nova Gaming (The server I mentioned I staffed on) was almost identical to that of the Zarp community. I was perfectly capable of slaying rule-breaking friends on that server, and I assure you I can still put my foot down now.

"You don't play the game normally/seriously!":
I completely understand this criticism: my playstyle doesn't actively demonstrate a consistent understanding of the rules because it doesn't place me in many scenarios where in-game character rules can be broken.

While I understand that you must be sure I know the rules competently, I feel as if my application, previous staffing experience and lack of punishments all demonstrate my comprehension of the rules. A few examples of rules I could easily break (but I don't because I know the rules) are as follows:
-I never knowingly delay the round if I am a Traitor or Detective.
-I never T-bait or expose my T-buddies.
-Given enough in-game information, I can identify and thereby avoid following up on false KOS's (refer to my application for proof).

I discourage you from the mindset that my playstyle has inhibited my learning of the rules, because it simply hasn't. It's ineffective at winning, for certain, but I derive enjoyment from playing this casual way.
You mention the fact that you have no recents but this just states that you cant get punished if you stand in one place non stop, and when you are traitor you do the exact same thing.
bruh , the only thing i see here is just being annoyed and thats personal bro.. the dude does nothing wrong wdym he cant break any rules while standing still there are no rules on how to play the game ... if he has activity , score , no punishments and still gets rejected with the reason " stands still then ill literally cry .
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246655

Yes foon go boom :cheer: :plussp:
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246664

i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure at one point i watched what you do and it's the furthest thing from playing the game, you can't just waltz into the commnuity and not actually play the game and say "hey i know how this gamemode works and i know the nuances of the rules well enough to enforce them to a good standard" because no one will buy it whatsoever unless you genuinely demonstrate your knowledge consistently

quite frankly on the basis of that alone it's a sizeable risk to accept you for a staff position as it currently stands, and one that can easily be avoided

• SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, 0yc37xrk6m, hazzenator, Miia, Henny and 2 more...

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246683

sorIe wrote:
i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure at one point i watched what you do and it's the furthest thing from playing the game, you can't just waltz into the commnuity and not actually play the game and say "hey i know how this gamemode works and i know the nuances of the rules well enough to enforce them to a good standard" because no one will buy it whatsoever unless you genuinely demonstrate your knowledge consistently

quite frankly on the basis of that alone it's a sizeable risk to accept you for a staff position as it currently stands, and one that can easily be avoided

Honestly, I see how you think this would apply here. Then again I merely don't see the reason why we should force a person to play in a certain way we want them to play so they can "prove" that they know how to play.

For example:

A user applies for staff and has 3 recent and gets denied for those recent. The same user then applies next week and those 3 recents are gone. This means that the user has had 2 weeks on no active/recent warnings. Now you could look at it that they played and learned to understand those rules and gained more knowledge and showed he has improved. At least that's what we like to believe.

Now to the reality of these cases. They get accepted due to the fact they were careful enough and gained a tad of knowledge in the past 2 weeks to not get any warnings. And then gets accepted to yet make mistakes as a staff member because they played the game mode as they wanted.

Now I don't see a difference between A person having 0 recents, amazing activity and a great application and has been staff in a different server. Now we cannot verify if that is true but why do we give a person who merely passed with 2 weeks of not getting warnings over someone who wants to play differently then others so they have fun on the server in their own way?

Hell, the worst thing that can happen is that Finn gets caught out in the training itself and fails all the questions being asked by the trainer and needs to get demoted for not knowing the rules.

I'm honestly a bit baffled by those who think that playing a server a different way than others do is a bad thing when going for staff.

Look at Richard from SSRP. Did a good job at staffing yet didn't compete in anything going on yet knows the rules?
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246685

Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

Honestly, I see how you think this would apply here. Then again I merely don't see the reason why we should force a person to play in a certain way we want them to play so they can "prove" that they know how to play.

For example:

A user applies for staff and has 3 recent and gets denied for those recent. The same user then applies next week and those 3 recents are gone. This means that the user has had 2 weeks on no active/recent warnings. Now you could look at it that they played and learned to understand those rules and gained more knowledge and showed he has improved. At least that's what we like to believe.

Now to the reality of these cases. They get accepted due to the fact they were careful enough and gained a tad of knowledge in the past 2 weeks to not get any warnings. And then gets accepted to yet make mistakes as a staff member because they played the game mode as they wanted.

Now I don't see a difference between A person having 0 recents, amazing activity and a great application and has been staff in a different server. Now we cannot verify if that is true but why do we give a person who merely passed with 2 weeks of not getting warnings over someone who wants to play differently then others so they have fun on the server in their own way?

Hell, the worst thing that can happen is that Finn gets caught out in the training itself and fails all the questions being asked by the trainer and needs to get demoted for not knowing the rules.

I'm honestly a bit baffled by those who think that playing a server a different way than others do is a bad thing when going for staff.

Look at Richard from SSRP. Did a good job at staffing yet didn't compete in anything going on yet knows the rules?

THIS IS FAX JUST ALLOF IT IS FAX
  • Kronen
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 530
[ACHIEVEMENTS] Kronen just completed the "Cheater" achievement!
(FAdmin) OnionRings (STEAM_0:1:81263200) set the access level of lWl Super Golden Sinz #Back to user

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246694

Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

So are you saying don't play TTT how TTT is supposed to be played?
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Chespin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246697

Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

Richard had a significant past history with SSRP & was active in discussions regarding SSRP for a good while, his knowledge was built up over time, which is simply not the case here.

Staff isn't a matter of "we accept them and then they prove they're fit for the role", they need to 100% prove themselves first and this can be done in many more ways than just playing the game how it's meant to be played. When you don't actually play the server as intended whatsoever you don't demonstrate any knowledge of the rules or how the gamemode usually plays out, however you can still demonstrate knowledge by involving yourself in discussions regarding the gamemode & the rules, posting on appeals & punishment requests etc., if you're not willing to play out the gamemode how it commonly functions & demonstrate that you know how shit works via your gameplay & lack of punishment in gameplay time, then you need to prove yourself via another avenue.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, Gin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246698

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

If you want to play if differently while still following the rules sure. I can stand there for 3 hours and do my job and do reports and not play why would it show that I don't know the rules? Sure you can play more and understand the rules more but Fin does actually play.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246699

Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

If you want to play if differently while still following the rules sure. I can stand there for 3 hours and do my job and do reports and not play why would it show that I don't know the rules? Sure you can play more and understand the rules more but Fin does actually play.
there is a difference between standing there for 3 hours doing reports, and standing there for 3 hours doing nothing
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Buffy, Gin

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246701

Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

Give the kid the chance to prove himself then instead of saying he doesn't know anything because he plays in a different way. Get on S1 right now and see him play normally as you all want him to play. Let him prove you wrong.

For example:

I CANT UNQUOTE THIS SHIT SO REPLY HERE v
Then let him prove himself instead of saying he doesn't play so he doesn't know the rules. Get on the server now until Sunday to see him play like people want him to play.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Plus Ultra!

EX

EX TTT Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Kurze.

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246702

Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

You're contradicting yourself in this post but whatever
If you truly are so damn "baffled" by this and don't understand the possible problem with this way of playing, you must dig deeper buddy

That being said TTT staff get accepted with "why the fuck not" mentality so I don't see why we shouldn't give finn a chance
If he's a dogshit staff member he'll surely get demoted
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246704

Gin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

You're contradicting yourself in this post but whatever
If you truly are so damn "baffled" by this and don't understand the possible problem with this way of playing, you must dig deeper buddy

That being said TTT staff get accepted with "why the fuck not" mentality so I don't see why we shouldn't give finn a chance
If he's a dogshit staff member he'll surely get demoted
If this gets accepted I'm sure that it will set a new precedent on how to become staff
Don't: play the game how it's supposed to be played, gain experience, set a good examlpe
Do: stand on roof and do nothing omega funny
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246705

Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

there is a difference between standing there for 3 hours doing reports, and standing there for 3 hours doing nothing
Don’t assume by the way that they play that they don’t know the rules, from their app and scenario they included it doesn’t seem as tho they do have sufficient knowledge. I’d read their app and try to find any issues with it and also at the reports they are making/responding to look for any issues and then you can say that they don’t have enough knowledge of the rules. It’s a gmod server people can play it however they want and if they find it fun I really don’t see an issue with it
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246706

Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

Don’t assume by the way that they play that they don’t know the rules, from their app and scenario they included it doesn’t seem as tho they do have sufficient knowledge. I’d read their app and try to find any issues with it and also at the reports they are making/responding to look for any issues and then you can say that they don’t have enough knowledge of the rules. It’s a gmod server people can play it however they want and if they find it fun I really don’t see an issue with it
You don't see an issue? I'm sure his T buddies will disagree when they see one of their teamates is doing absolutely nothing to help win the round
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246707

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

You don't see an issue? I'm sure his T buddies will disagree when they see one of their teamates is doing absolutely nothing to help win the round
That isnt true, when finn is the T they nor.ally play towards the end of the round if their team is dependent on them, meaning if finn is the last one or another t buddy needs a revive he would do it, hes done it many times in the past and still does so, like he said in one of his posts, he doesn't delay the game at all when he is the t or detective. You also say people dont find it fun when finn sits around but somehow hes got all these people that actually do love to interact and play with him. He doesn't have to be shooting every single round to have some fun and the game mode is played as normal by other people, no one really complains on his gameplay ig so I dont think that it should concern us at all. Hes shown he has an understanding of rules as he normally reports rulebreakers, he understands scenarios (shown in his app) and isnt rude but is helpful, something we want out staff members to be.
  • Hanz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 238
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

286 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT