Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica...

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246709

Hanz wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:
i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure at one point i watched what you do and it's the furthest thing from playing the game, you can't just waltz into the commnuity and not actually play the game and say "hey i know how this gamemode works and i know the nuances of the rules well enough to enforce them to a good standard" because no one will buy it whatsoever unless you genuinely demonstrate your knowledge consistently

quite frankly on the basis of that alone it's a sizeable risk to accept you for a staff position as it currently stands, and one that can easily be avoided

:minussp:

Honestly, I see how you think this would apply here. Then again I merely don't see the reason why we should force a person to play in a certain way we want them to play so they can "prove" that they know how to play.

For example:

A user applies for staff and has 3 recent and gets denied for those recent. The same user then applies next week and those 3 recents are gone. This means that the user has had 2 weeks on no active/recent warnings. Now you could look at it that they played and learned to understand those rules and gained more knowledge and showed he has improved. At least that's what we like to believe.

Now to the reality of these cases. They get accepted due to the fact they were careful enough and gained a tad of knowledge in the past 2 weeks to not get any warnings. And then gets accepted to yet make mistakes as a staff member because they played the game mode as they wanted.

Now I don't see a difference between A person having 0 recents, amazing activity and a great application and has been staff in a different server. Now we cannot verify if that is true but why do we give a person who merely passed with 2 weeks of not getting warnings over someone who wants to play differently then others so they have fun on the server in their own way?

Hell, the worst thing that can happen is that Finn gets caught out in the training itself and fails all the questions being asked by the trainer and needs to get demoted for not knowing the rules.

I'm honestly a bit baffled by those who think that playing a server a different way than others do is a bad thing when going for staff.

Look at Richard from SSRP. Did a good job at staffing yet didn't compete in anything going on yet knows the rules?
So are you saying don't play TTT how TTT is supposed to be played?

If you want to play if differently while still following the rules sure. I can stand there for 3 hours and do my job and do reports and not play why would it show that I don't know the rules? Sure you can play more and understand the rules more but Fin does actually play.
there is a difference between standing there for 3 hours doing reports, and standing there for 3 hours doing nothing
Don’t assume by the way that they play that they don’t know the rules, from their app and scenario they included it doesn’t seem as tho they do have sufficient knowledge. I’d read their app and try to find any issues with it and also at the reports they are making/responding to look for any issues and then you can say that they don’t have enough knowledge of the rules. It’s a gmod server people can play it however they want and if they find it fun I really don’t see an issue with it
You don't see an issue? I'm sure his T buddies will disagree when they see one of their teamates is doing absolutely nothing to help win the round
That isnt true, when finn is the T they nor.ally play towards the end of the round if their team is dependent on them, meaning if finn is the last one or another t buddy needs a revive he would do it, hes done it many times in the past and still does so, like he said in one of his posts, he doesn't delay the game at all when he is the t or detective. You also say people dont find it fun when finn sits around but somehow hes got all these people that actually do love to interact and play with him. He doesn't have to be shooting every single round to have some fun and the game mode is played as normal by other people, no one really complains on his gameplay ig so I dont think that it should concern us at all. Hes shown he has an understanding of rules as he normally reports rulebreakers, he understands scenarios (shown in his app) and isnt rude but is helpful, something we want out staff members to be.
You ask him if he's a T he says yes, You ask to kill him he says yes, no wonder he doesn't delay T rounds
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246710

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Hanz wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:
i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure at one point i watched what you do and it's the furthest thing from playing the game, you can't just waltz into the commnuity and not actually play the game and say "hey i know how this gamemode works and i know the nuances of the rules well enough to enforce them to a good standard" because no one will buy it whatsoever unless you genuinely demonstrate your knowledge consistently

quite frankly on the basis of that alone it's a sizeable risk to accept you for a staff position as it currently stands, and one that can easily be avoided

Honestly, I see how you think this would apply here. Then again I merely don't see the reason why we should force a person to play in a certain way we want them to play so they can "prove" that they know how to play.

For example:

A user applies for staff and has 3 recent and gets denied for those recent. The same user then applies next week and those 3 recents are gone. This means that the user has had 2 weeks on no active/recent warnings. Now you could look at it that they played and learned to understand those rules and gained more knowledge and showed he has improved. At least that's what we like to believe.

Now to the reality of these cases. They get accepted due to the fact they were careful enough and gained a tad of knowledge in the past 2 weeks to not get any warnings. And then gets accepted to yet make mistakes as a staff member because they played the game mode as they wanted.

Now I don't see a difference between A person having 0 recents, amazing activity and a great application and has been staff in a different server. Now we cannot verify if that is true but why do we give a person who merely passed with 2 weeks of not getting warnings over someone who wants to play differently then others so they have fun on the server in their own way?

Hell, the worst thing that can happen is that Finn gets caught out in the training itself and fails all the questions being asked by the trainer and needs to get demoted for not knowing the rules.

I'm honestly a bit baffled by those who think that playing a server a different way than others do is a bad thing when going for staff.

Look at Richard from SSRP. Did a good job at staffing yet didn't compete in anything going on yet knows the rules?

If you want to play if differently while still following the rules sure. I can stand there for 3 hours and do my job and do reports and not play why would it show that I don't know the rules? Sure you can play more and understand the rules more but Fin does actually play.
there is a difference between standing there for 3 hours doing reports, and standing there for 3 hours doing nothing
Don’t assume by the way that they play that they don’t know the rules, from their app and scenario they included it doesn’t seem as tho they do have sufficient knowledge. I’d read their app and try to find any issues with it and also at the reports they are making/responding to look for any issues and then you can say that they don’t have enough knowledge of the rules. It’s a gmod server people can play it however they want and if they find it fun I really don’t see an issue with it
You don't see an issue? I'm sure his T buddies will disagree when they see one of their teamates is doing absolutely nothing to help win the round
That isnt true, when finn is the T they nor.ally play towards the end of the round if their team is dependent on them, meaning if finn is the last one or another t buddy needs a revive he would do it, hes done it many times in the past and still does so, like he said in one of his posts, he doesn't delay the game at all when he is the t or detective. You also say people dont find it fun when finn sits around but somehow hes got all these people that actually do love to interact and play with him. He doesn't have to be shooting every single round to have some fun and the game mode is played as normal by other people, no one really complains on his gameplay ig so I dont think that it should concern us at all. Hes shown he has an understanding of rules as he normally reports rulebreakers, he understands scenarios (shown in his app) and isnt rude but is helpful, something we want out staff members to be.
You ask him if he's a T he says yes, You ask to kill him he says yes, no wonder he doesn't delay T rounds
love you lewie
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by TheFierceOwl.

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246711

TheFierceOwl wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Hanz wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

he never delays the fuck ? When he is the last T he jihads lmfao just because he says he is T doesnt mean he is delaying. You're the biggest zarp minge ive ever met lmfao if he knows the fucking rules why the fuck can't he be a staff member . Its not about how you play the fucking game go minge somewhere , what an asshole lol
Yeah I just said he doesn't delay I'd rather be zarps biggest minge than be unable to read basic English.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246712

Lewis_is_java wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Hanz wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Chespin wrote:
Kurze wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Kurze wrote:
sorIe wrote:

For example:

he never delays the fuck ? When he is the last T he jihads lmfao just because he says he is T doesnt mean he is delaying. You're the biggest zarp minge ive ever met lmfao if he knows the fucking rules why the fuck can't he be a staff member . Its not about how you play the fucking game go minge somewhere , what an asshole lol
Yeah I just said he doesn't delay I'd rather be zarps biggest minge than be unable to read basic English.
!!! Fuck!!!! Remove now!
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246805

I'll be honest, I haven't ever see you play unless your a Traitor. You stand doing nothing 80% of the time. This doesn't fill me with confidence that you have all the knowledge of the ZARP TTT and the rules. Your application is detailed, but I still haven't seen that level of dedication I'd expect a user to show when they want to staff on a server.
Again, you have no recent punishments at the moment, whether thats due to the fact you don't play innocent rounds so don't have a chance to get them or you do follow the rules in the time you play.

I'm sorry pal, it's a no from me this week. I understand the others reasons for support but standing AFK doesn't show the dedication someone applying for staff should show.
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gin, Exothermic362

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246807

hazzenator wrote:
I'll be honest, I haven't ever see you play unless your a Traitor. You stand doing nothing 80% of the time. This doesn't fill me with confidence that you have all the knowledge of the ZARP TTT and the rules. Your application is detailed, but I still haven't seen that level of dedication I'd expect a user to show when they want to staff on a server.
Again, you have no recent punishments at the moment, whether thats due to the fact you don't play innocent rounds so don't have a chance to get them or you do follow the rules in the time you play.

I'm sorry pal, it's a no from me this week. I understand the others reasons for support but standing AFK doesn't show the dedication someone applying for staff should show.
I wouldnt say they are AFK, finn does stand still most of the game but they do interact with others and replying in chat or moving around
  • Hanz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 238
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina, Kurze

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246808

Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

I wouldnt say they are AFK, finn does stand still most of the game but they do interact with others and replying in chat or moving around

Great! We can confidently say he knows the basic rules in the first section. I still can't be sure he knows the gamemode rules when he only plays rounds where he can gun every innocent down without punishment.
  • hazzenator
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 656

✪ SSRP Balla ✪
✪ Ex Minecraft Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex TTT Head Administrator ✪
✪ Ex SSRP Administrator ✪
✪ Ex Forum/ TS Staff ✪
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by hazzenator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hanz

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246812

hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Great! We can confidently say he knows the basic rules in the first section. I still can't be sure he knows the gamemode rules when he only plays rounds where he can gun every innocent down without punishment.
what is this lol i dont understand look at his application tell me where the flaw is THE APPLICATION TEMPLATE DOESNT SAY " HOW DO YOU PLAY THE GAME MODE" it doesnt , rejecting him is bias because idk he jihad you and you are mad about it . Or is it that people like him? I honestly dont understand what bullshit is gonna be said to reject him lol cant wait
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246813

:plussp:
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246814

TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

what is this lol i dont understand look at his application tell me where the flaw is THE APPLICATION TEMPLATE DOESNT SAY " HOW DO YOU PLAY THE GAME MODE" it doesnt , rejecting him is bias because idk he jihad you and you are mad about it . Or is it that people like him? I honestly dont understand what bullshit is gonna be said to reject him lol cant wait

Hazzenator's point is valid as is people who support him. Hazzenator is simply saying that since Finn's play-style is so casual, the staff can't see if he can abide by the rules as innocent such as 'RDM'. Rejecting him is not bias nor accepting him is biased.

I've looked at both sides and agree. But the gamemode involves the commitment of both traitors and innocents; if he only plays as traitor and messes around as innocent, he isn't helping the innocents. It's as if someone played Deathrun and they only chose to play runner and stay AFK for death.

At the end of the day, if Finn shows negligence in staff duty or the rules, the staff can demote him. A moderator can't do much, it's only to show if you're capable of further responsibilities.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina, Kurze

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246818

Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Hazzenator's point is valid as is people who support him. Hazzenator is simply saying that since Finn's play-style is so casual, the staff can't see if he can abide by the rules as innocent such as 'RDM'. Rejecting him is not bias nor accepting him is biased.

I've looked at both sides and agree. But the gamemode involves the commitment of both traitors and innocents; if he only plays as traitor and messes around as innocent, he isn't helping the innocents. It's as if someone played Deathrun and they only chose to play runner and stay AFK for death.

At the end of the day, if Finn shows negligence in staff duty or the rules, the staff can demote him. A moderator can't do much, it's only to show if you're capable of further responsibilities.
i'd rather not promote someone to mod if they are definitely going to mess up as you say they don't have much power but they can false warn, gag, mute, kick etc they can ruin the game for everyone and if they don't realise these false punishments can lead to a ban.
  • Exothermic362
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ya boi
  • Thanks received: 278
Exothermic362#0104
Steam!

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246819

Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

i'd rather not promote someone to mod if they are definitely going to mess up as you say they don't have much power but they can false warn, gag, mute, kick etc they can ruin the game for everyone and if they don't realise these false punishments can lead to a ban.

Are you suggesting accepting someone in a normal fashion will somehow prevent this completely? I've never seen a new staff member not mess when they've been freshly trained.
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Nina.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BossComic23, Kurze

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246820

Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Are you suggesting accepting someone in a normal fashion will somehow prevent this? I've never seen a new staff member not mess when they've been freshly trained.
I mean someone who will definitely mess up a lot and their mistakes may not always been recognised. Of course everyone messes up when they are new but I mean to a higher degree.
  • Exothermic362
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ya boi
  • Thanks received: 278
Exothermic362#0104
Steam!

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246822

It's the staff's decision whether Finn is ready or not, not mine. I don't want to be a centrist but I'm not supporting, nor supporting this. However the situation, if he is indeed accepted, can't worsen if some of the current staff members don't understand the rules themselves.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Studio Banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246824

Exothermic362 wrote:
Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Are you suggesting accepting someone in a normal fashion will somehow prevent this? I've never seen a new staff member not mess when they've been freshly trained.
I mean someone who will definitely mess up a lot and their mistakes may not always been recognised. Of course everyone messes up when they are new but I mean to a higher degree.
yeah look like ross messing up every now and then am i right? Why did you accept him.
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246825

Exothermic362 wrote:
Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Roger that boss, I'll trust your saintlike ability to know that someone will be incompetent and mess up.
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl, Kurze

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246826

Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

Roger that boss, I'll trust your saintlike ability to know that someone will be incompetent and mess up.
Just train them better
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246829

Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Nina wrote:
Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

because it's really necessary to be a passive aggressive dickhead, peak maturity

to conclude if the staff team is so divided on whether or not the applicant in question will actually be able to do a decent job due to not demonstrating what knowledge they may have the application shouldnt even be considered, make the applicant prove themselves more
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246834

Exothermic362 wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
hazzenator wrote:
Hanz wrote:
hazzenator wrote:

The only thing you don't know from him is the knowledge of rdm rules tho, he could've broken every other rule. He how ever didn't and he got a great attitude otherwise. And when to warn etc. Should be gone through in training anyways. Most staff don't know it when going for staff the first time
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurze

[TTT Moderator] Fenris "Finn" Prisema's Applica... 3 years 9 months ago #1246969

Honestly you guys are just too focused on his "playstyle".
He is super involved with the community, talks to everyone in a nice manner and has never been punished.
I can confirm he'll be a great member of staff because I used to play on the other server he was staff on.
He had the same "playstyle" back then but was always ready for the reports and handled them in an appropriate way.
You have strict guidelines on how to properly punish rulebreakers and I have no doubt he is gonna follow them.
I know his usual standing around didn't allow you to see if he is "staff material" but I believe he is trying to
play "properly" this week or well, the rest of the week.
Just watch him do that and think about your decision until the meeting is what I suggest anyway.

Not sure how to do the Support Icon but he has my full support! (Totally not bias or anything)
  • Mimi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 13
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina, Nay, Kurze, Ubarberet, Hanz and 2 more...
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

294 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf