Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17919

NB: As much as Afro is a cool friend and admin, I can't help but post this given that others have been demoted for equal reasons.
[hr:295hwlgr][/hr:295hwlgr]
Name - What is the accused person's name?
Afroguy8

STEAM-ID - What is the accused person's STEAM-ID?
STEAM_0:1:57234492

Reason - What rules did the person break?
Applied for a staff position at another community.

Proof - Any proof on a video/screenshot that clearly show what happened.
http://gyazo.com/480aace84bbe8a360df29e0f28cd6f65.png
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The topic has been locked.

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17920

http://sdgaming.org/http://zarpgaming.c ... ic.php?t=7
Nope.
He left cause he thought ZARP was being Shut Down. Its back up so he came back. This demote request is kinda invalid.
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17921

He only left because he thought ZARP was shutting down.

-support

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17922

Archangel wrote:
Either way, he tried and failed. That's the only reason he's coming back, and since he DID try to leave us, he gets treated just like anyone else.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:

No. I'm pretty sure he left with Bobiii.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17924

He also left before any announcements were made.

The announcements regarding ZARP's closure were FIRSTLY exposed at around 6:00 PM GMT.

http://gyazo.com/f33d51d5e6252e6a2dfc7d ... 1365355147

And even then, there was plenty of chance to stay loyal. Just because of something that wasn't fully out of the water yet, doesn't mean you leave. Count up all of the people who have stayed, and communicated with Agent during the time.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17927

He may have created an account on the other forum, but did he apply for a staff position before he thought ZARP had shut down?

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17928

Christopher wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Either way, he tried and failed. That's the only reason he's coming back, and since he DID try to leave us, he gets treated just like anyone else.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:

Note the little part where he says
P.S. Please Delete my App
This obviously means he doesn't want to be staff on SDG anymore.
http://gyazo.com/0b8381a0cfc82f3348988eb79c5c06f7
He also messaged me. He don't wanna be staff.
Besides, I believe your only demoted if you are accepted as staff on another community, not if you apply for one.
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17929

I agree with Angel,
  • Prophet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 27
Konth And Ducky

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17930

He applied AFTER ZARP shut down, as shown here
http://gyazo.com/69494cb46bcfb42fbbd7ebf84f99e52c
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17931

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
He may have created an account on the other forum, but did he apply for a staff position before he thought ZARP had shut down?

There's no way to understand this. Agent mass-messaged people with some information regarding a potential shutdown, but none of this had been confirmed 100% yet. He obviously made no effort to find information.

Neither arguments also plays no regard to the fact that plenty of people decided to talk to Agent and convince him that it's not the end, and to him it looks like "One down. Let's go apply there now" - displaying disloyalty.

If he really "loved" and "cared for" ZARP - he would have done the same as what most of us did.

So the fact that he doesn't CARE which community he staffs just sums it up.
Archangel wrote:

Then perhaps he's just trying to sweep it under the rug rather than own up to Agent.

Either way - he applied and it is still policy. It has happened with others, and it should be the same for him - given the factors related to the closure of ZARP.
Archangel wrote:
Still is equal to my earlier argument. He tried and failed, it's just cooincidence that ZARP came back up in my eyes. All of us decided to stick with ZARP through the difficult time. He decided just to quickly move on and ask for a position at another community.

He didn't care enough to stick with Agent and see where we were going next, or to even contribute to that announcement saying that ZARP will be staying open - it's not fair on us to see that, especially when the majority of the team have a strong opinion of - I quote, the 'traitors'

The whole process of just a few minutes of knowing one community is gone and going to apply for a community, then think that it's okay to come back - it just indicates, as I've already mentioned, that he doesn't give a damn in which community he sticks with - as long as he is a member of the staff team.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17932

Christopher wrote:

If you'd have actually read his application you would have seen that he didn't 'Fail' with his application, it was closed on request because ZARP re-opened.

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17933

Archangel wrote:
He applied AFTER ZARP shut down, as shown here
http://gyazo.com/69494cb46bcfb42fbbd7ebf84f99e52c

It still doesn't negate the fact that he doesn't care which community he is with, and that he didn't decide to stick with ZARP for more than 5 minutes after the announcement.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:
Christopher wrote:

If you'd have actually read his application you would have seen that he didn't 'Fail' with his application, it was closed on request because ZARP re-opened.

It's not that I should have READ his application, it's that VERY quickly after ZARP announced closure, some hours or so, he applied.

It doesn't deprecate the other arguments I've expressed either.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17934

The rule is that if you take a staff position in another community you are demoted. Since he is not a member of staff at SD gaming I see no reason for him to be demoted.
  • Prophet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 27
Konth And Ducky

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17940

In addition, not going to mention any names, but some other people INCLUDING myself actually considered moving to Scott for a while, for the exact reason that ZARP would be closing - but unlike the accused, we decided that we would stay strong with the rest to see how things went.

He didn't even make a farewell thread, or discuss with any of us. He just swept it under the rug and moved on.

As much as there are others, one reason that Agent aborted the closure, from MY perspective - is because of the vast numbers of the personnel supporting Agent - I don't think that he's supported us enough, and just allowed it to die. That makes it okay to come back and forget all about it?

You did see him wanting to suppress the evidence; he definitely knew there was something wrong about it. Sums it up that he isn't logical enough just to hit Agent up on steam.

You guys might not understand this fully, definitely not you Arch, not you Prophet, and not really you Bob - considering Arch left, Prophet went on a mass spree on one of our servers having no faith in ZARP, and Bob - you were there for a while too given that ZARP has gone - you made no attempt at staying in contact with us lot. What I was saying is that it is pretty annoying for us to see someone in such a trusted position just leave at a minutes notice, all of us stuck with it - he had made NO effort to see where the community was going next, and you don't know how it feels to see him come back just like that - friend or not.

I appreciate that there was a misunderstanding with ZARP closing - but still, he just gave up hope so quickly, and applied for a staff position IMMEDIATELY. Looks like he just wants to be administrator/moderator on any community he goes to.
Prophet wrote:
The rule is that if you take a staff position in another community you are demoted. Since he is not a member of staff at SD gaming I see no reason for him to be demoted.

No. The rule is that he applied.

Think about it - he still had a CHANCE of being accepted, it's just seen as being disloyal and someone who has no concern for having ZARP as their main community.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17942

How is it being disloyal when for all he knew the community had closed?

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17945

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
How is it being disloyal when for all he knew the community had closed?

It's disloyal because he had the opportunity to do what the VAST MAJORITY of our team did and stay with Agent, give him support and ideas and just generally give him the impression that ZARP is still strong.

He just moved on because, think about it from his perspective during reading that announcement:
  • Does seem legit. It's closing, and I can't be bothered to stay since it IS closing.
  • Scottie's community is looking for staff - oh boy. Apply.
  • Only been here for a very short time, and only on the basis that ZARP is closing. Since I have no admin rights or the like, I applied.

Then he realizes - ZARP reopens! I'm already an admin there, and it's much bigger - let's go back and pretend I never left, attempting to have the evidence of trying to move on so fast removed.

Doesn't seem right.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17957

Dude im still here i thought ZARP was closed so i had no choice but to leave. Once i knew it was back up i was straight back here so this is invalid
  • test1234
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17959

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Archangel wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:

I never got denied or accepted

I made a account to see what was going on i even told veritas that and then i delete my account and i made another one when someone showed me the shutdown so this is really unfair
  • test1234
  • Junior Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17962

Christopher wrote:
In addition, not going to mention any names, but some other people INCLUDING myself actually considered moving to Scott for a while, for the exact reason that ZARP would be closing - but unlike the accused, we decided that we would stay strong with the rest to see how things went.

He didn't even make a farewell thread, or discuss with any of us. He just swept it under the rug and moved on.

As much as there are others, one reason that Agent aborted the closure, from MY perspective - is because of the vast numbers of the personnel supporting Agent - I don't think that he's supported us enough, and just allowed it to die. That makes it okay to come back and forget all about it?

You did see him wanting to suppress the evidence; he definitely knew there was something wrong about it. Sums it up that he isn't logical enough just to hit Agent up on steam.

You guys might not understand this fully, definitely not you Arch, not you Prophet, and not really you Bob - considering Arch left, Prophet went on a mass spree on one of our servers having no faith in ZARP, and Bob - you were there for a while too given that ZARP has gone - you made no attempt at staying in contact with us lot. What I was saying is that it is pretty annoying for us to see someone in such a trusted position just leave at a minutes notice, all of us stuck with it - he had made NO effort to see where the community was going next, and you don't know how it feels to see him come back just like that - friend or not.

I appreciate that there was a misunderstanding with ZARP closing - but still, he just gave up hope so quickly, and applied for a staff position IMMEDIATELY. Looks like he just wants to be administrator/moderator on any community he goes to.
Prophet wrote:

No. The rule is that he applied.

Think about it - he still had a CHANCE of being accepted, it's just seen as being disloyal and someone who has no concern for having ZARP as their main community.

I closed the app as soon as i knew ZARP was back up. Anyway i only applied because i thought ZARP was fully down and not going to ever come back up. No one decided to tell me which is not my fault is it .
  • test1234
  • Junior Boarder

[DENIED] Afroguy8 - Demote Request 11 years 1 month ago #17967

Christopher wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:

There's no way to understand this. Agent mass-messaged people with some information regarding a potential shutdown, but none of this had been confirmed 100% yet. He obviously made no effort to find information.

Neither arguments also plays no regard to the fact that plenty of people decided to talk to Agent and convince him that it's not the end, and to him it looks like "One down. Let's go apply there now" - displaying disloyalty.

If he really "loved" and "cared for" ZARP - he would have done the same as what most of us did.

So the fact that he doesn't CARE which community he staffs just sums it up.
Archangel wrote:

Then perhaps he's just trying to sweep it under the rug rather than own up to Agent.

Either way - he applied and it is still policy. It has happened with others, and it should be the same for him - given the factors related to the closure of ZARP.
Archangel wrote:
Still is equal to my earlier argument. He tried and failed, it's just cooincidence that ZARP came back up in my eyes. All of us decided to stick with ZARP through the difficult time. He decided just to quickly move on and ask for a position at another community.

He didn't care enough to stick with Agent and see where we were going next, or to even contribute to that announcement saying that ZARP will be staying open - it's not fair on us to see that, especially when the majority of the team have a strong opinion of - I quote, the 'traitors'

The whole process of just a few minutes of knowing one community is gone and going to apply for a community, then think that it's okay to come back - it just indicates, as I've already mentioned, that he doesn't give a damn in which community he sticks with - as long as he is a member of the staff team.

Chris i really love ZARP and i would never leave it if i didnt know it was going to go back up i came straight back and i didnt even receive a message at all i care so much about zarp if i didnt i wouldnt have spent all these hours on it. I promise i thought it was fully down i couldnt contact anyone and all i wanted was zarp to be up again and within a short peroid of it being back up i came straight back. Please i never even knew Zarp was even being thought about being back up as i had no contact and if i did i would have stayed and i should have. But mistakes are mistakes but i never meant to leave Zarp and i beileve my dedication to ZARP is massive and i shouldnt be demoted. People who should who are actually getting postions. Example Morph. Im just saying i am very loyal to Zarp and i love it so much i really think i shouldnt be demoted.
  • test1234
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

120 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT