Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [BHOP] Staff Report - euan

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326719

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

staff can mute anyone they want for any reason they want to on their own client, chutes video is a example of it working correctly while on a zarp server. Anyway it is what it is we will just have to agree to disagree good luck big man
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by luke_.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326725

luke_ wrote:

staff can mute anyone they want for any reason they want to on their own client, chutes video is a example of it working correctly while on a zarp server. Anyway it is what it is we will just have to agree to disagree good luck big man
At the end of the day from my side there's a line between shouting for your map and ear rape and JanKeeez over that. I asked him to stop and he ignored me. Regardless of the feature he ignored what I asked him and berated me for it instead of listening.
I'll make it a little analogy. JanKeeez is trying to get into a club but he's clearly too drunk and the bouncers are telling him no and turning him around. He doesn't ignore the bouncers and keep trying to get into the club, regardless of the fact he is of legal age to be in the club as ultimately the bouncers hold the right to deny entry if ignoring them would result with him on the floor. Following his altercation with the bouncers, shouting at them for 5 minutes after for putting him on the floor would get him nowhere.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 586
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326732

euan wrote:
luke_ wrote:

At the end of the day from my side there's a line between shouting for your map and ear rape and JanKeeez over that. I asked him to stop and he ignored me. Regardless of the feature he ignored what I asked him and berated me for it instead of listening.
I'll make it a little analogy. JanKeeez is trying to get into a club but he's clearly too drunk and the bouncers are telling him no and turning him around. He doesn't ignore the bouncers and keep trying to get into the club, regardless of the fact he is of legal age to be in the club as ultimately the bouncers hold the right to deny entry if ignoring them would result with him on the floor. Following his altercation with the bouncers, shouting at them for 5 minutes after for putting him on the floor would get him nowhere.

I know I am going to sound like a cunt which is something I try to avoid especially cause your a nice guy Euan but no one give a shit where you draw the line, you are staff to reinforce the servers rules, not your own rules. The staffs word is final on the server so people don't argue with you about it and cause a scene but if someone reports you on the forums that doesn't really apply. You are not a bouncer and you don't "hold the right to deny someone entry" to the server or to the chat function. The micspam rule is relevant but it clearly states that it's only micspam unless another rule states otherwise, otherwise meaning something like the shoutvote system. The gag was clearly wrong and so I'm not surprised that he may have gotten a bit disrespectful if you gaslighted him and told him that what he did was wrong when it clearly wasn't.

Again no hate towards you Euan but I feel it needed to be said <3
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326735

PZGrens wrote:
euan wrote:
luke_ wrote:

I know I am going to sound like a cunt which is something I try to avoid especially cause your a nice guy Euan but no one give a shit where you draw the line, you are staff to reinforce the servers rules, not your own rules. The staffs word is final on the server so people don't argue with you about it and cause a scene but if someone reports you on the forums that doesn't really apply. You are not a bouncer and you don't "hold the right to deny someone entry" to the server or to the chat function. The micspam rule is relevant but it clearly states that it's only micspam unless another rule states otherwise, otherwise meaning something like the shoutvote system. The gag was clearly wrong and so I'm not surprised that he may have gotten a bit disrespectful if you gaslighted him and told him that what he did was wrong when it clearly wasn't.

Mic spamming is against the rules, its not my own rule? Also it's an analogy, it's not a description. Bouncers enforce rules in a club, staff enforce rules on a server? It's pretty simple and you've taken it way out of context. Show me the rule surrounding shout vote allows users to blast out other people's ear drums and I'll rescind the gag.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326738

euan wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
euan wrote:
luke_ wrote:

Mic spamming is against the rules, its not my own rule? Also it's an analogy, it's not a description. Bouncers enforce rules in a club, staff enforce rules on a server? It's pretty simple and you've taken it way out of context. Show me the rule surrounding shout vote allows users to blast out other people's ear drums and I'll rescind the gag.

It seems that there's no rule saying that your allowed to shout during shout vote but doesn't the name show that that's the intended outcome? The report abuse part of this is wrong since the rules are obviously ambiguous but I stand by the fact that a user shouldn't be punished for shouting down their mic during a shout vote. Hopefully the outcome of this will be that the rules are made clear.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326740

euan wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
euan wrote:
luke_ wrote:

The more and louder you shout, the more percentage it will add. Its legit says SHOUT for your map.
You're definitley in the wrong here. as i said on the server. you can't punish someone for shoutvoting for a map...
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326741

PZGrens wrote:
euan wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
euan wrote:
luke_ wrote:

It seems that there's no rule saying that your allowed to shout during shout vote but doesn't the name show that that's the intended outcome? The report abuse part of this is wrong since the rules are obviously ambiguous but I stand by the fact that a user shouldn't be punished for shouting down their mic during a shout vote. Hopefully the outcome of this will be that the rules are made clear.
I agree there should be further clarity about the rule and will bring it up at the meeting today. If we decide that it is allowed I will retrospectively remove the warning and will edit the rules to make it clear that it is allowed.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: PZGrens

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326751

I think a warn appeal would've been better here.
  • Jewce Man
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • love you all ❤
  • Thanks received: 312

Ex-TTT Moderator x2
Ex TTT Admin x1
Ex moron

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326964

Hello JanKeeez,
I have removed the 2 punishments from the account and I apologise. Was trying to reach you on bhop when I removed them about an hour ago but I think you're afk so I hope you see this. Just spoken with Mix3r's and we will be covering the clarity surrounding the rules around mic spam next Friday to encompass shout voting but as of now I do believe the shout vote should be used the way you used it and as such removed the warnings before talking to Mixers. Once again, apologises.
Have a good Easter all,
Kind Regards,
Euan
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard, PZGrens, Poltergeist

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 3 years 3 weeks ago #1326967

Hello jankeeez,

After reviewing your report I have come to the verdict that your report is valid and since I have gone and spoken with euan and amended things. You no longer have any punishments for your actions, Euan has also made an apolige for you and should have sent it out by now. Thank you for your report.

:accepted:
  • Mix3rz
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 352
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

185 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127