Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [BHOP] Staff Report - euan

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326687

Name - (What is the accused person's name?) Euan
Steam-ID - (What is the accused person's Steam-ID?)STEAM_0:1:69741659
Evidence Of Steam-ID - (Screenshot or video of the accused players Steam-ID) (idk if you guys allow imgur links but here)
Server - (What server was this on?) BHOP
Time And Date (CET) - (When did it happen?)2:50PM GST or 12:50PM CET | Date: 4/2/2021
Other Comments - (Anything else you want to add?) I also got warned for disrespect. I don't really care about the warn. I think it could be justified due to the harsh words I said to him. But i've only said those harsh words for the sole reason of him not trying to resolve this
Reason - (What rules did the person break?) Gagging me for ShoutVoting
Story - (What happened?)Basically when you RTV in Zarp BHOP You can shoutvote for your map so you have a higher percentage of getting the map that you desire. I was shouting and euan has gagged me. I tried asking him due to why he gagged me and he said "Yea and when I tell you to stop you stop :)" I don't think I broke any rules. I don't think that there are any rules against shoutvoting. I shouted to get my map and he gagged me. When I tried to resolve the reason with him he just kept persisting on me taking it to the forums. I don't think there needs to be any reason for me to take it to the forums due to it just being a gag and not something like a ban or a kick.. But he didn't want to resolve the issue. So I had to take matters into my own hands and I just created this..
Proof - (Any proof (video or screenshot) that clearly shows what happened.) I don't have any videos or images but I do have the chatlog copied and pasted into pastebin. I don't know it's against the forums rules to make links for images and chatlogs and stuff but I just wanted to not clutter this (PASTEBIN LINK: pastebin.com/giGB5J3S )
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Leader of the Joint Revolutionary Army
  • Thanks received: 2
the REVOLUTION is now
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LordFluffeh, euan

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326688

Fixed your title. Also, this is the correct template (down below) you should use when reporting members of staff. You can keep the current one though, as You've provided all the relevant information for the report in question. Best of luck!

Staff Report Template [ Click to expand ]
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5407
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Mr. Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

[BHOP] Punishment Request euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326689

Hello JanKeeez,
In future I would prefer you to tell the full story on your reports. It was a shout vote and you screamed pretty loudly down the mic for a solid 10-15s. I asked you to stop at around 5s of this but you continued. After you didn't stop I gagged you. You weren't shouting for your map, you, in my opinion, were intentionally mic spamming and using this as an excuse to blow everyones ears out. I didn't appreicate that.
You were gagged for one minute but proceeded to complain and insult me long after that minute. I asked you to drop it and to take it to the forums if you disagreed which you didn't until I warned you for continued disrespect towards me and my decision. I had told you the decision was final, it was a minute gag and you turned it into a much larger problem.
Regards,
Euan
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 584
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326690

You could have shout vote your map for example using normal voice and repeat the maps name or something, why scream in your mic as loud as possible. Shout vote is stupid anyway and there has been similar issues in the past. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, i let bhop staff handle this but you always can shout vote without screaming or yelling.
  • L3mon
  • Senior Boarder
  • washed
  • Thanks received: 203

[BHOP] Punishment Request euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326691

even if it was a 10-15s "Mic spam" I'm only screaming so I can get my map voted. I'm not screaming for mic spamming. I want to play the map that I wanna play but there's a chance that I wont be able to play the map. I shouted for the entire length of the RTV so I can have the highest percentage and get a chance to play my map.. I've only insulted you because you were too incompotent to deal with the situation. You've just kept telling me to send it to the forums instead of admitting that it was a mistake. I don't care about the warn at all. If you think it's justified so be it. But I think that gag is unjustified no matter what the situation is
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
the REVOLUTION is now

[BHOP] Punishment Request euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326693

Even if it sounded like mic spam I've seen the entire ph staff team + current server owners scream down thier mic and there is a likely possibility jankeez simply didn't hear euan tell him to stop, the fact its a minute gag doesn't really make much of a difference since it still shows up on his rapsheet and to be fair shout vote was pretty much made to legally mic spam so I think the warn should be removed, believe euan could've handled this a bit better but it's not anything major to warrant anything more than a short talking to
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: LordFluffeh

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326694

I actually had no idea that it doesn't depend on how loud you shout. I always thought it depends on how loud you scream. The higher the decibel the higher the percentage you know? That's what I thought..
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
the REVOLUTION is now

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326695

orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
You could have shout vote your map for example using normal voice and repeat the maps name or something, why scream in your mic as loud as possible. Shout vote is stupid anyway and there has been similar issues in the past. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, i let bhop staff handle this but you always can shout vote without screaming or yelling.
Shout vote is dumb in the first place but I don't think users should get punished for using it how it's intended?
Im pretty sure its not intended so you are allowed to mic spam when you should shout vote?
  • L3mon
  • Senior Boarder
  • washed

[BHOP] Punishment Request euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326696

It's not that I didn't hear euan to stop. euan didn't even voice chat. He used text chat. I still kept going because I want to play the map that I wanna play
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
the REVOLUTION is now

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326697

L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
Shout vote is dumb in the first place but I don't think users should get punished for using it how it's intended?
Im pretty sure its not intended so you are allowed to mic spam when you should shout vote?
yeh he's shouting to get a higher percentage mic spam is litteraly just loud noises
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326699

jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
yeh he's shouting to get a higher percentage mic spam is litteraly just loud noises
I know how shout vote works yes but the issue here is that its not intended as a way to loophole mic spam, as in this case it was only loud noises to increase the percentage. Stupid thing to still exist
  • L3mon
  • Senior Boarder
  • washed

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326700

Would love to direct everyone to the rules considering everyone thinking mic spam is fine, especially when JanKeeez has just confirmed he ackowledged me asking him to stop and continued.

Micspam - Spamming the microphone is unacceptable in any format, whether it be screaming, singing, repeating yourself or playing music unless another rule states otherwise.

There is no rule suggesting that he is allowed to mic spam after I have asked him to stop, it was incredibly loud and annoying.
Followed by him and another server user bererating me following a one minute gag resulting in a warning.

Staff's Word is Final
If you have any issues with a punishment that was given you need to accept it and then speak with a higher member of staff about it. You also can make an appeal about a warn / ban here! ( Be sure to follow the template so your request can be answered quicker ) Mod > Admin > Super Admin > Head Admin > Community Manager > Owners
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by euan.

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326701

L3mon wrote:
jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
I know how shout vote works yes but the issue here is that its not intended as a way to loophole mic spam, as in this case it was only loud noises to increase the percentage. Stupid thing to still exist
Well it used to be quite fun hearing everyone try to outshout each other and see the percentages neck and neck and wondering who will win but I guess people will just cry about it instead of ya know just muting the player or turning the volume down.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326702

L3mon wrote:
jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
but untill it's removed you shouldn't be warned for it right?
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326706

jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
He was only gagged for it, but i'm not gonna say yes or no for this cus it really depends on a situation.
  • L3mon
  • Senior Boarder
  • washed

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326707

L3mon wrote:
jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
jam wrote:
L3mon wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
L3mon wrote:
He was only gagged for it, but i'm not gonna say yes or no for this cus it really depends on a situation.
a gag is a punishment that shows on your rapsheet and a 1 minute gag is basically just a warn
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326708

but if mic spamming is unacceptable then why does it tell me to shout for the map? Shouting is considered mic spam right? Shouting and screaming are literally the same thing.. you increase your voice's decibels

Staff's word is final. Sure I guess staff's word is final. But, honestly speaking.. Sometimes it's honestly stupid to how staff members wouldn't like to resolve very VERY small issues. I once had an issue with this staff member named asshur who muted me and gagged me for disrespect. I honestly didn't know what's going on. I just kept on telling him why did you mute and gag me and he just kept telling me to take it to the forums if I have an issue. And I did. I don't think a very VERY small issue could be taken to the forums. Such as a 1 minute gag. I wanted to resolve this issue with you to try and find a solution to this problem. But, you also kept on persisting for me to take it to the forums. Why is it that staff members like you and asshur wouldn't want to resolve as small issues as these? Honestly i don't even think it's worth taking it up to the forums but it's just silly yknow..
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
the REVOLUTION is now

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326711

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

ok so you a quoting the mic spam rule that includes "repeating yourself" the votes called shout vote so you expect a user to say for example Bhop atom once than that's it, why did you not just mute him on your client problem solved for you if you.

so basically what you have just said is that shot voting as a whole is no longer allowed on the server at all if the rules are interpreted in a black and white way.

also here is a video from chute himself clearly showing how its intended to work

also bring back dcx
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by luke_.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326716

luke_ wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

ok so you a quoting the mic spam rule that includes "repeating yourself" the votes called shout vote so you expect a user to say for example Bhop atom once than that's it, why did you not just mute him on your client problem sovled for you if you.

so basically what you have just said is that shot voting as a whole is no longer allowed on the server at all.

also here is a video from chute himself clearly showing how its intended to work

You know staff aren't meant to mute incase someone says something so that's a pretty strange thing to say. Chute's video shows an example of it working correctly. In this instance Jan is alone on the mic screaming and ignores my request for him to stop. I get your perspective but at the end of the day I asked him to stop and he didn't. There is a large difference between shouting for your map and blowing people's ears out by essentially eating your mic.
Edit: People have shouted many times for their map in the past before, it's fine it's part of the system I have never punished for this. When I get ear raped and ask someone to stop I expect them to stop or chill it at the very least, not continue if not get louder.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by euan.

[BHOP] Staff Report - euan 2 years 11 months ago #1326717

But still. I still do not think that this is justified. even if I was alone or wasn't alone. I still wanted to get my map. So I had to scream because people would obviously vote for the different map. I needed to play that map
  • jankeeez
  • Fresh Boarder
the REVOLUTION is now
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

208 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun