Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302111

Staff Member(s) Name:
Biosenic

Staff Member(s) SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:527128332

What Did The Staff Member(s) do?:
Warned me and my friend for ghosting with no evidence.

Me and my friends were playing prop hunt and all of a sudden I get a message saying something along the lines of "Stop ghosting" by biosenic. I thought nothing of it at the timesimply because I wasn't ghosting. A little while later he then warned me and my friend for ghosting out of no where. Now unless it is not allowed to play with your friends and be on opposite teams, there was absolutely no proof of me ghosting whatsoever. He then proceeded to mute me in admin chat when I was trying to discuss it with him. He had no reason to do this at all either as I was just trying to deal with the poorly handled situation. Soon after he unmuted me in admin chat and left instantly. This situation was handled extremely poorly and as a former staff in the community, I know that ghosting has quite strict requirements needed to punish people, in order to deal with situations like these that were based on nothing but speculation

What Server(s) Was This On?:
Prop hunt

Evidence:
None needed
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
The topic has been locked.

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302112

free my guy rulebreaker
  • Kronen
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 530
[ACHIEVEMENTS] Kronen just completed the "Cheater" achievement!
(FAdmin) OnionRings (STEAM_0:1:81263200) set the access level of lWl Super Golden Sinz #Back to user

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rule

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302113

:plussp:

my fav and did nothing wrong
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302115

I had collected enough evidence of you guys ghosting as you friend killed me in the most inconspicuous areas of the map. As you were spectating me, your friend walked into the room I was hiding in and eventually looked up to me and killed me. The spot i was in was an un-obvious spot, so there is very little chance an average player would kill me without some form of cheating (as in playing unfairly, not hacking).

I then check-specced you. Your friend killed whoever you were spectating. Isn’t that a bit off? I know what I’m doing as an admin. If you weren’t ghosting, we simply wouldn’t have punished you. It’s the fact that you and your friend were getting unusual amounts of kills, so that raises suspicion.

We then proceeded to check who you were spectating. And simply enough, your friend killed whoever you were spectating.

But, you then went on about how you were not ghosting, and how I can prove that you were ghosting. I answered every question in as much detail as possible. But you kept going on and on. So eventually I had to admin chat mute you as you were annoying goldauraz and I. At the end of the round I admin chat unmuted you as your time being muted was served.

I then left the server because it was late and I wanted to go to bed. (It was 23:10). I did not leave the server just to be a dick and to not be dealt with. again, I know what LTAP is.

Ultimately, you have not shown sufficient evidence to support your claim against me. To make this the best you can, include some proof of what happened. Otherwise this will be denied as there is no proof. And by the way I didn’t PM you both, nor did I warn your friend. Don’t try and make this seem like it was worse than it was...

Have a good day!
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Poltergeist.

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302117

First thing as a prop hunt staff is gathering evidence if someone is ghosting, i trust biosenic is doing his job good with gathering evidence of people ghosting etc.. i've been in alot of calls with him and he takes his job seriously.. i dont think this is a false warning!
:minussp:
  • Twizzy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 38
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302118

biosenic wrote:
I had collected enough evidence of you guys ghosting as you friend killed me in the most inconspicuous areas of the map. As you were spectating me, your friend walked into the room I was hiding in and eventually looked up to me and killed me. The spot i was in was an un-obvious spot, so there is little chance an average player would kill me without some form of cheating (as in playing unfairly, not hacking).

I then checkspecced you. Your friend killed whoever you were spectating. Isn’t that a bit off? I know what I’m doing as an admin. If you weren’t ghosting, we simply wouldn’t have punished you. It’s the fact that you and your friend were getting unusual amounts of kills, so that raises suspicion.

We then proceeded to check who you were spectating. And simply enough, your friend killed whoever you were spectating.

But, you then went on about how you were not ghosting, and how I can prove that you were ghosting. I answered every question in as much detail as possible. But you kept going on and on. So eventually I had to admin chat mute you as you were annoying goldauraz and I. At the end of the round I admin chat unmuted you as your time being muted was served.

I then left the server because it was late and I wanted to go to bed. (It was 23:10). I did not leave the server just to be a dick and to not be dealt with again; I know what LTAP is.

Ultimately, you have not shown sufficient evidence to support your claim against me. To make this the best you can, include some proof of what happened. Otherwise spthis will be denied as there is no proof.

Have a good day!
Funny how you mention that I need proof, the same goes for you.

You and I both know that isn't true. He was not killing whoever I was spectating. Sure he may kill people I'm spectating but that's not proof of ghosting. And if your proof is that "He killed me in a very un-obvious spot" then it just goes to show how flawed it is. Sure I was spectating you when you were in that spot but that in no way means I was ghosting, especially since you were one of, if not the last prop alive in the round. The same goes with when you actually gave me the warning too, I'm not sure who you saw me spectating and decided to warn me for it but I was alive for a while in the round, until there was only a few props alive in the round. Throughout the whole time I was playing, I was spectating plenty of people who my friends killed, that in no way means its ghosting, especially if there is barely any props left alive like the 2 rounds you accused me. This is all complete speculation on your part and you yourself have no proof that I was ghosting. Also, there is no evidence to be found on my part. What evidence can I use to prove I wasn't ghosting? None, because there is also no proof I was ghosting. Even if this isn't enough to get you punished for handling the situation poorly, I still want this warning removed because I wasn't ghosting. Hence why I added punishment appeal to the title as well
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Rule.

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302119

Twizzy wrote:
First thing as a prop hunt staff is gathering evidence if someone is ghosting, i trust biosenic is doing his job good with gathering evidence of people ghosting etc.. i've been in alot of calls with him and he takes his job seriously.. i dont think this is a false warning!
Yes your right, you do need to gather evidence of ghosting, evidence that he did not have. And unless its changed since my time as staff you could almost never prove someone was ghosting enough to warn them. And I mean you basically need someone to admit that they were ghosting. And even if that has changed since I was staff, a few kills that I was spectating is nowhere near enough proof to warn me still.
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302120

RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:
I had collected enough evidence of you guys ghosting as you friend killed me in the most inconspicuous areas of the map. As you were spectating me, your friend walked into the room I was hiding in and eventually looked up to me and killed me. The spot i was in was an un-obvious spot, so there is little chance an average player would kill me without some form of cheating (as in playing unfairly, not hacking).

I then checkspecced you. Your friend killed whoever you were spectating. Isn’t that a bit off? I know what I’m doing as an admin. If you weren’t ghosting, we simply wouldn’t have punished you. It’s the fact that you and your friend were getting unusual amounts of kills, so that raises suspicion.

I then left the server because it was late and I wanted to go to bed. (It was 23:10). I did not leave the server just to be a dick and to not be dealt with again; I know what LTAP is.

Ultimately, you have not shown sufficient evidence to support your claim against me. To make this the best you can, include some proof of what happened. Otherwise spthis will be denied as there is no proof.

Have a good day!

You and I both know that isn't true. He was not killing whoever I was spectating. Sure he may kill people I'm spectating but that's not proof of ghosting. And if your proof is that "He killed me in a very un-obvious spot" then it just goes to show how flawed it is. Sure I was spectating you when you were in that spot but that in no way means I was ghosting, especially since you were one of, if not the last prop alive in the round. The same goes with when you actually gave me the warning too, I'm not sure who you saw me spectating and decided to warn me for it but I was alive for a while in the round, until there was only a few props alive in the round. Throughout the whole time I was playing, I was spectating plenty of people who my friends killed, that in no way means its ghosting, especially if there is barely any props left alive like the 2 rounds you told me about it. This is all complete speculation on your part and you yourself have no proof that I was ghosting. Also, there is no evidence to be found on my part. What evidence can I use to prove I wasn't ghosting? None, because there is also no proof I was ghosting. Even if this isn't enough to get you punished for handling the situation poorly, I still want this warning removed because I wasn't ghosting. Hence why I added punishment appeal to the title as well

If what I wrote wasn’t true, then I wouldn’t bother to write such a big response. That’s all I can tell you about me checking your friends list; me checking who you are spectating, and then your friend killing whoever you are spectating. I don’t need proof of using a command.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Poltergeist.

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302121

biosenic wrote:
RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:

Have a good day!

You and I both know that isn't true. He was not killing whoever I was spectating. Sure he may kill people I'm spectating but that's not proof of ghosting. And if your proof is that "He killed me in a very un-obvious spot" then it just goes to show how flawed it is. Sure I was spectating you when you were in that spot but that in no way means I was ghosting, especially since you were one of, if not the last prop alive in the round. The same goes with when you actually gave me the warning too, I'm not sure who you saw me spectating and decided to warn me for it but I was alive for a while in the round, until there was only a few props alive in the round. Throughout the whole time I was playing, I was spectating plenty of people who my friends killed, that in no way means its ghosting, especially if there is barely any props left alive like the 2 rounds you told me about it. This is all complete speculation on your part and you yourself have no proof that I was ghosting. Also, there is no evidence to be found on my part. What evidence can I use to prove I wasn't ghosting? None, because there is also no proof I was ghosting. Even if this isn't enough to get you punished for handling the situation poorly, I still want this warning removed because I wasn't ghosting. Hence why I added punishment appeal to the title as well

If what I wrote wasn’t true, then I wouldn’t bother to write such a big response. That’s all I can tell you about me checking your friends list; me checking who you are spectating, and then your friend killing whoever you are spectating. I don’t need proof of using a command.
You don't need proof of using a command, you need more proof THAN using a command to punish for ghosting. The reason for this is to avoid situations like this. Situations of people being warned for something they didn't do
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302122

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789544574...260142080/image0.jpg

^ this is where is was hiding ^

your friend comes in the kitchen and looks up there and kills me and leaves...
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302123

RuleBreaker163 wrote:
Twizzy wrote:
Yes your right, you do need to gather evidence of ghosting, evidence that he did not have. And unless its changed since my time as staff you could almost never prove someone was ghosting enough to warn them. And I mean you basically need someone to admit that they were ghosting. And even if that has changed since I was staff, a few kills that I was spectating is nowhere near enough proof to warn me still.
dude... if I didn’t have enough evidence I wouldn’t have warned you.. I’m not stupid as you obviously think I am...
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302124

biosenic wrote:

Ahh boohoo he killed you in your favorite spot. You seem to avoiding the fact that he, along with others, were in that room for quite a long time before killing you. Killing you in a sneaky spot isn't breaking the rules, it's literally playing the game

Also, your image doesn't work anyways

biosenic wrote:
dude... if I didn’t have enough evidence I wouldn’t have warned you.. I’m not stupid as you obviously think I am...
And clearly you would... Because you DID.
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302125

RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:

Ahh boohoo he killed you in your favorite spot. You seem to avoiding the fact that he, along with others, were in that room for quite a long time before killing you. Killing you in a sneaky spot isn't breaking the rules, it's literally playing the game

I’ll fix the image when I get on my pc :) and no, he seriously just walked in there, looked up (oF cOuRsE hE LoOkEd uP tO WhErE i wAs) nobody ever looks up there because they don’t expect someone to be up there.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302126

biosenic wrote:
RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:

I’ll fix the image when I get on my pc :) and no, he seriously just walked in there, looked up (oF cOuRsE hE LoOkEd uP tO WhErE i wAs) nobody ever looks up there because they don’t expect someone to be up there.
No no no, no he didn't. He came into the room, with a few other people, looked around for about 30 seconds or more and THEN spotted you. And even IF he did spot you relatively quickly.... Its still no where near enough proof of ghosting just because I was spectating literally the only person I could spectate because everyone else was dead
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302127

RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:
RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:

No no no, no he didn't. He came into the room, with a few other people, looked around for about 30 seconds or more and THEN spotted you. And even IF he did spot you relatively quickly.... Its still no where near enough proof of ghosting just because I was spectating literally the only person I could spectate because everyone else was dead
I don’t remember everyone else being dead lol
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302128

biosenic wrote:
RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:
RuleBreaker163 wrote:
biosenic wrote:

I don’t remember everyone else being dead lol
Well I do. You were either one of the last props alive (last 3 at least) or the last prop alive. Either way me spectating you is not a big deal, especially if you were the last, which I'm pretty sure you were. But here, I'm done talking about this here. I'll just wait for the LT or higher to decide. If you or the handling staff want to contact me about this, feel free to message my discord

Rule#8287
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302130

I will be handling this!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rule, Poltergeist

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302132

No matter how obvious it looks (which from what I'm reading wasn't too out of the ordinary) you CANNOT warn for ghosting without a confession, there is just no way to prove it so you get evidence and they vote on it in the LT meeting, the warn should definitely be removed and as for the report abuse biosenic did handle the situation wrong so he will likely be told what he should've done but since he is overall a pretty good admin and something like this hasn't happened before as far as I know so I doubt anything else will happen
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302134

jam wrote:
you CANNOT warn for ghosting without a confession
Not gonna speak on this specific report abuse/appeal but this is just incorrect
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boxy, Vodka4Gaben, Rule, Poltergeist

[Prop Hunt] Report Abuse & Punishment Appeal 3 years 3 months ago #1302136

I will say this though. From what Im reading there was not enough evidence that Rulebreaker or his friends were ghosting. Seems like they were just playing the game and he just happened to spectate people that his friend killed, it is bound to happen on prophunt especially when there are almost no props left.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

273 PLAYERS ONLINE