Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Me applying for SA

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635045

To let you know after speaking with Raeker i have some how managed to get my dignity back. Somehow. I will be re-applying for SA ether this week again or next week. Before any of you think I'm not dedicated i am. I deleted my app because of what a SA told me. How ever after speaking with Raeker i have decided to not give damn about what he thinks of me or what i have done. I know what i did was not intentional and i wouldn't do it intentionally again. I am dedicated i just got humiliated by a SA and he made me feel like an under dog.

I didn't say the name of the SA as id rather not cause issues or drama as it is un needed.
Ill re apply when i feel better.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635046

Great to hear that the talk helped you :)

Good luck for when you reapply man!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: xInsaneSamurai

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635047

Good luck, Fred!
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635050

Raeker wrote:

Reaker is lad
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635105

You should apply anyway, prove him wrong.
If you deserve it you deserve it, if he has no reason to object then there's nothing to fear.
  • Kana
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • It's impressive how useless someone can be
  • Thanks received: 43

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635106

The role of Super Admin is meant to help other staff learn from mistakes not humiliate them and make them feel bad for a mistake, however I don't know the situation so I will not say much on it.

Learn from this mistake and prove the people wrong showing them that you actually care for what you have done wrong.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635109

You should already be SA, Hope you get it next apply. :)
  • Magik
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ye man
  • Thanks received: 621

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635136

You must have self confidence over 9000 if one person's words make you delete an app
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635137

Shark wrote:
You must have self confidence over 9000 if one person's words make you delete an app
shoulnd't it be the opposite
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 780

certified

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635140

Incase anyone is wondering what happened

(fred let me post it)
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 780

certified

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635141

Fred Wroolie wrote:
I know what i did was not intentional and i wouldn't do it intentionally again. I am dedicated i just got humiliated by a SA and he made me feel like an under dog.

I'm sorry but if you feel humiliated because someone pointed out you broke a rule and dragged your friends into breaking rules. I didn't humiliate you I took you into a sit and talked one on one with you. I didn't publicly show the mess you made. I pointed out that you broke rules and dragged your friends into it. And I was being honest in expressing my disappointment.

Was I harsh? Most likely. I do apologise for the start I was a bit ticked off by your actions.

But you need to understand no matter how harsh I am. I did still point out what you need to work on. I explained it to you hoping you take it positively. I told you that you need to be more perceptive and I explained why.

If you take that talk one on one as humiliation. So be it. But think of what I told you. Improve! And understand that if you are going for SA people will look at you more and mistakes you made will be pointed out to you more.
  • Doombringer
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 84
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Doombringer.

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635144

el une spodermun wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Reaker is lad
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635147

Doombringer wrote:
Fred Wroolie wrote:
I know what i did was not intentional and i wouldn't do it intentionally again. I am dedicated i just got humiliated by a SA and he made me feel like an under dog.

I'm sorry but if you feel humiliated because someone pointed out you broke a rule and dragged your friends into breaking rules. I didn't humiliate you I took you into a sit and talked one on one with you. I didn't publicly show the mess you made. I pointed out that you broke rules and dragged your friends into it. And I was being honest in expressing my disappointment.

Was I harsh? Most likely. I do apologise for the start I was a bit ticked off by your actions.

But you need to understand no matter how harsh I am. I did still point out what you need to work on. I explained it to you hoping you take it positively. I told you that you need to be more perceptive and I explained why.

If you take that talk one on one as humiliation. So be it. But think of what I told you. Improve! And understand that if you are going for SA people will look at you more and mistakes you made will be pointed out to you more.

Hmm The Start.
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635154

Muhammed Ali wrote:
Shark wrote:
shoulnd't it be the opposite
Irony
Sarcasm
Cynism
Choose your poison
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhammed Ali

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635164

There are different ways of dealing with things when you're at a rank that watches over other staff members. You can cater to the staff member in question's feelings and come at it in a soft way or be very straight forward and blunt about it. I don't agree with how he said you wouldn't get SA multiple times, but he did go on to give you examples and reasoning why it would be difficult for you to run again. If I were in your position I would take a little time and correct my mistakes and prove to others that I have learned from them and that they will not happen again, then apply for SA. Personally from my experience of staffing for so long throughout my Garry's Mod career this harsh and blunt way of telling someone they did indeed screw up and need to work on being more perceptive to their own actions is quite normal among the high ranking staff who watch over their admins/mods, and personally I believe it does take some thick skin to be a staff member for a growing/big community if you want to apply for the higher ranks. Just imagine if the SA who did have a talk with you came at it very soft and only told you things that wouldn't be too hard on you, you may not have gotten the message as much as you would if they were a bit more blunt with you. That's how I see it at least. But I'll leave it with this. What would've stuck in your head more? Someone who was very soft with you, or someone who put it in a very blunt way? That blunt way of dealing with another staff member at that rank may very well have a better effect on them remembering it for future reference while they work on bettering themselves to succeed in their future application and staffing career etc. But it all comes down to the certain circumstances if that harsh and blunt way of putting it is needed or the more soft way to put it is and there very well is a level of being too harsh when it comes to those situations where a certain level of restraint needs to be put in place. If the harsh and blunt road is to be taken the words used need to be picked very carefully in a way it can be constructive and taken as advice to encourage the said staff member to strive to improve themselves so that mistake may never happen again, rather than it coming off in a disrespectful manner where they believe it was dealt with incorrectly.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by SoraJS.

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635167

Muhammed Ali wrote:
Incase anyone is wondering what happened

(fred let me post it)

Damn, Doom calm down a bit bud.

The point that you said "Don't even bother applying again." Pissed me off the most.

Lets go back to the point you were CM banned. What would you have done if they said don't even bother coming back. Fucking hell way to ruin someones day by legit saying they have no chance ever again unless I miss read what you were saying.

Doom please get off your high horse mate :)

If he wants to apply again he can and you ain't going to stop him from doing that. Maybe he wants to apply in a month that shit will be gone in 3 weeks I can assure you. This is such a minor thing and I haven't seen any other things from him. We are so lenient to users and other staff members. Don't pick on people
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by DEADMONSTOR.

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635169

Allow me to quickly respond to some of the things you say, Doombringer, because some of it concerns me.

Doombringer wrote:
Fred Wroolie wrote:

You didn't humiliate him publicly, but that doesn't mean that you didn't humiliate him. Fred was followed by two hitmen, walked into the first base he saw and started building there to defend himself. You need to always check the front door, yes, however I do believe that the situation calls for such an oversight.

Let me give you an example from my personal experience (TTT, but ah well):

One time, on TTT, I rdmed. There was a C4 in the building about to blow up but when I tried to leave there was a guy standing in the doorway. Now I should have pushed him away, or I should have given him three warnings before shooting. Instead, I shot the user and killed them.

Why did I do that? Because it was a heated moment where I had to make a choice. And because time was of the essense I didn't think properly and made the wrong choice.

This is similar, I suppose. Fred broke a rule because he was in a bad situation where time was of the essense. It wasn't like he didn't know the rule didn't exist - he just didn't have the time to think of it because he knew that if he would think of it he'd get killed.

You weren't just harsh, you took it personal. Of course you did, you were basing and all of a sudden a guy comes in and starts building - and not just any guy, but a potential SA at that.

However... if you treat these matters personally, then the other will too. And when you say things such as "You will not get Super Admin at this point" then people will take that harshly.

Of course they will. A Super Admin just told them that they have no way of reaching their dream. You weren't just being harsh, you were being rude and disrespectful over something that was obviously a mistake. Fred was even apologizing to you a million times! Yet you decided to ignore that because you needed someone to relent your anger towards. And who better than the person that caused that anger in the first place?

"Hoping you would take it possitively" when you are being rude, disrespectful and the furthest from positivity yourself then it should be no surprise that they do not take it possitively. Besides that you show a complete lack of respect for your fellow staff member.

Got nothing bad to say about this actually. Except for the fact that you screwed up here too, Doombringer - I do hope you understand that.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: el une spodermun

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635176

Do you feel threatened by Fred applying for SA, your tone and your attitude in general is shit for a lead team member; you took a situation out of context and made it seem very personal.
The end confused me the most, "I'll send you back to spawn, I hope you don't die"
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635177

I would also like to point out he said he didn't want to name names in order to not cause unneeded drama but yet someone some how got his recording and posted it. I'd also like to add if you thought another staff member's actions were out of line in the way he dealt with it that's the job of the higher ups, in this case head admin+, and should've been brought to their attention rather than on a thread in general discussion.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by SoraJS.

Me applying for SA 6 years 9 months ago #635180

Never give up Fred, we all believe in you! (especially Azgeda) :P
  • Columbine
  • Banned
  • Ayeee
  • Thanks received: 123
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE