Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Father Watson Q&A v2

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254484

"A joke for gun addicts!"

Ah, I see. That is certainly something to admire, the level of enthusiasm expressed in such a complex, controversial topic - I honestly think it's such a valuable thing to express yourself so freely (I recognise that might sound snarky, no ill-intent, I assure you.)

Fun Fact #7: Did you know Marvel attempted to create their own variant of Superman? Interestingly enough, the hero didn't play very well to the comic book fans around the world, as he was poorly introduced and retconned in rather sloppily.

His name is Sentry, and his backstory is that he received a slightly modified version of the super soldier serum that Captain America had received, though due to being a drug addict, the chemicals existing in him essentially created something... Quite odd.

Captain America's serum pushed him to peak human ability.
Sentry's serum pushed him to peak superhuman ability.
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_Reynolds_(Earth-616)

Keeping in mind that there may be some discrepancies with my description, but the character is interesting. I believe Sentry has some kind of dark force in him, similar to the Phoenix Force, only more menacing, though in terms of power - it's uncertain as to which is stronger.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slodoban milošević

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254488

What are your thoughts on religion and our existence?
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
  • Thanks received: 284
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by TrixX.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254575

"What're your thoughts on religion and our existence?"

This is a tricky question, as there's no set answer for either of these. My opinion isn't some grand one that might allow you to reevaluate your own. I was a Roman Catholic for the first dozen years of my life. Started questioning things around thirteen, or fourteen. I'm not an atheist, or nontheist. I'd imagine my beliefs fall more into agnosticism. I don't know if there's something out there; I don't think we'll ever really find out. People want to talk about ghosts, and people's experiences with near-death and apparently seeing some kind of afterlife can offer a potential explanation as to the nature of an afterlife. But both of these experiences are highly suspect.

If I had to think about it in any way, I'd say that I potentially believe in reincarnation. That we only live one life, but then we are given another one with no knowledge of memory of our last - and that there's no way of ever finding out if we lived that previous life. I think that consciousness is so ambiguous as to its purpose that to suggest that we're only ever given one chance at consciousness is probably quite presumptuous.

If you're more curious about how I feel about organised religion, I'm still a little on the fence, and I'd rather not put something so significant into a box like that. I think that I find comfort in my Catholic roots. There's something comforting about visiting a church, even if it's just to walk around and view the stations of the cross. I don't pray, anymore. I haven't done confession in many years, and yet, I still believe that a priest can serve as a substitute for a therapist if desperate.

Everyone has their own idea of what religion means to them. Some take it a bit too far, but everyone finds comfort in the knowledge of being part of something bigger than themselves, I think. I imagine that's why there're even sects dedicated to Lovecraft's fictional universe, claiming that Lovecraft was actually a prophet of the Elder Gods, Outer Gods, Great Ones and Great Old Ones.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254577

Who is your bias in Twice? (your favourite member), you can google them. This is a very important question as I'm taking down notes of everyones bias.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254610

"Twice bias?"

I did a bit of research, as suggested. I'm familiar with the name, not the songs. But after listening to one More & More, and reading through "profiles", I've decided I probably like Dahyun, but I'm fond of Sana. But Jihyo has such beautiful hair - I'm already sounding creepy. Ha.

Still, they're a lovely band. Sometimes I forget how big these groups actually are.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 9 months ago #1254615

Father Watson wrote:
"Twice bias?"

I did a bit of research, as suggested. I'm familiar with the name, not the songs. But after listening to one More & More, and reading through "profiles", I've decided I probably like Dahyun, but I'm fond of Sana. But Jihyo has such beautiful hair - I'm already sounding creepy. Ha.

Still, they're a lovely band. Sometimes I forget how big these groups actually are.

Aaaa Dubu, good choice and that doesn't sound creepy haha.

Yeah they're huge, easily one of the biggest kpop groups currently, not just because of their music but because of what they do outside of their music like their shows, interviews etc. which really show off their personalities.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254681

I still have plenty of room to develop more knowledge on K-Culture as a whole, it would seem.

Fun Fact #8: A lot of video game sequels add something to the original concept. Obviously in terms of story; the plot adds more worldbuilding, character development, even basic fundamentals can be added to and improved.

But there are examples of this not playing out overly well.

Postal 3 was considered so poor that even developer Running With Scissors condemned it and removed it from their store, citing the development team and publisher they had sided with for its creation as the cause of all the problems.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_with_Scissors_(company)

While BioShock Infinite was considered to be a very decent prequel (though still somewhat mixed), the sequel just before it, BioShock 2, had created an even more mixed reception. The game had a critical success, but the general fanbase were widely divided over the narrative elements, stating that the game's story is more taking advantage of how many people enjoyed the Big Daddy's from the first game.

Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons was known for being an example of a remade sequel that honestly didn't need to be made - and was pretty godawful.

www.gamesradar.com/worst-games-all-time/

There are loads more, and probably better examples - but feel free to look at the above link for more examples!
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254699

Father Watson wrote:
I still have plenty of room to develop more knowledge on K-Culture as a whole, it would seem.

Fun Fact #8: A lot of video game sequels add something to the original concept. Obviously in terms of story; the plot adds more worldbuilding, character development, even basic fundamentals can be added to and improved.

But there are examples of this not playing out overly well.

Postal 3 was considered so poor that even developer Running With Scissors condemned it and removed it from their store, citing the development team and publisher they had sided with for its creation as the cause of all the problems.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_with_Scissors_(company)

While BioShock Infinite was considered to be a very decent prequel (though still somewhat mixed), the sequel just before it, BioShock 2, had created an even more mixed reception. The game had a critical success, but the general fanbase were widely divided over the narrative elements, stating that the game's story is more taking advantage of how many people enjoyed the Big Daddy's from the first game.

Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons was known for being an example of a remade sequel that honestly didn't need to be made - and was pretty godawful.

www.gamesradar.com/worst-games-all-time/

There are loads more, and probably better examples - but feel free to look at the above link for more examples!
You may be right about the bioshock 2 thing but oh boy was playing as a big daddy in that environment battling other big daddy's and sisters was some of the most fun I've had in a game.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254700

In Postal 2 you can find a copy of Postal 3 in a scrapyard and get an achievement if you pee on it. They told it as it is.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254704

Personally, I really enjoyed BioShock 2, but I agree with critics that it does take a bit of time for the game to really *start*. Battling big sisters and other big daddy's was definitely a lot of fun.

Not to mention that the first game explores objectivism, Ayn Rand's philosophical pursuit wherein altruism is a disease and the achievement of personal transcendence is the endgame.
"Free enterprise is the foundation upon which our fine city was built; parasites will be punished." - Andrew Ryan

The second game contrasts this by exploring collectivism, a form of pseudo-communism in which everyone is fundamentally equal, though the priority is on developing and sustaining the group, countering the objectivist development and persistence of the self.

It may not have been necessary; but it was a fascinating argument to behold.

Running with Scissors actually recently started selling the game as part of a collector's bundle featuring all the games (except Postal 4, which is still in early access).

runningwithscissors.com/product/postal-2...-collectors-edition/
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Father Watson.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254709

Thoughts on the following brands Watson ?
Nike, Jordan and Lacoste B)

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255362

"Nike, Lacoste, Jordan?"

I'm afraid I'm not overly aware about their specifics, but I know quite a lot of stuff is highly coveted in each of these brands. If I'm not mistaken, some Air Jordans are hugely valuable.

Lacoste sell some nice clothes aswell as fragrances. I used to work in a department shop so there were some lovely samples.

100-Post Competition

To celebrate 100 posts, I'd like to offer the readers a special task - in the spirit of the thread, just keep asking questions.
Ask questions and once we hit one hundred and ten replies, I'll do an RNG and give out a mega case to the winner.
Please, in the interest of courtesy, only post once, or wait for me to reply to your question - any one in breach will be disqualified. It's just ten posts, and that includes my replies.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255436

Fun Fact #9: The first officially introduced cases were the Blueprint Case, and the Weapons Case. Both of which were introduced in Summer 2015. The first official seasonal case was the Rare Case in Halloween 2015, which introduced the Airstrike, Diamond Keypad Cracker, Gamma Rifle, Terroriser Suit, Door Charge and Diamond Printer.

The first Christmas "case" was the Mega-Rare Gift, introduced in Christmas 2015. which introduced the first suit with abilities added on - the EDF (of course, it was only double HP/Armour). The first case to introduce a power suit was the GenCorp Case, introduced in Summer 2016, This was the advent of the Juggernaut Suit, and back then, the suit could actually survive a nuclear launch - but would leave the player looking... extra crispy, so to speak. This was rectified within a week of its induction into the ZARP meta.

The first golden suit was, of course, the golden Juggernaut suit. Introduced Black Friday 2017. The suit went from people selling it for 200 million to being over 100 billion dollars in the current climate - though this is due to its astounding rarity.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: slodoban milošević

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255466

Father Watson wrote:
Fun Fact #9: The first officially introduced cases were the Blueprint Case, and the Weapons Case. Both of which were introduced in Summer 2015. The first official seasonal case was the Rare Case in Halloween 2015, which introduced the Airstrike, Diamond Keypad Cracker, Gamma Rifle, Terroriser Suit, Door Charge and Diamond Printer.

The first Christmas "case" was the Mega-Rare Gift, introduced in Christmas 2015. which introduced the first suit with abilities added on - the EDF (of course, it was only double HP/Armour). The first case to introduce a power suit was the GenCorp Case, introduced in Summer 2016, This was the advent of the Juggernaut Suit, and back then, the suit could actually survive a nuclear launch - but would leave the player looking... extra crispy, so to speak. This was rectified within a week of its induction into the ZARP meta.

The first golden suit was, of course, the golden Juggernaut suit. Introduced Black Friday 2017. The suit went from people selling it for 200 million to being over 100 billion dollars in the current climate - though this is due to its astounding rarity.
Fun fact, there's probably a very few amount of peoples that remembers the grenade NPC, from the spawn & bank tunnel, the grenades were simply the half life 2 grenades, i believe they were $2,500, and actually decent

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255515

ToBeHonest wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

Fun fact, there's probably a very few amount of peoples that remembers the grenade NPC, from the spawn & bank tunnel, the grenades were simply the half life 2 grenades, i believe they were $2,500, and actually decent

me and jenga were talking about this yesterday, bring it back they were very good grenades
  • RhysA
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • chad
  • Thanks received: 565

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255591

"Nade Seller?"

I remember that. It was awesome. Not too many people used the sod, but the ones that did had great taste. Lol.

Anyway, let's keep it goin'. 7 more posts and I'll use an RNG to give out a Mega Case.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255592

Are you as your pfp says a pasta lover? If so which is the favourite?
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by TheFierceOwl.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255759

"Favourite pasta?"

I do enjoy pasta! But the picture itself is more a meme as I got very into the whole "here in my garage" meme for a little while, and the Vanoss take on it.

My favourite pasta is spaghetti.

"Why are you the only member of ZARP that respects the English language in grammar?"

I would argue that Richard does so, Raeker, Narexa, etc. I appreciate the sentiment, I think it's more that there are people who just don't feel like they need to - and they're right, it's not that important, especially on an informal thing like the ZARP forums. Wouldn't hurt to try for things like appeals, too.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255800

Only two more posts! C'mon dudes, let's get to it. Ask me anything - I'm keen to answer.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1255812

Father Watson wrote:
Well, I have heard that people who abstain from social media, and people who generally use less technology are less prone to depression, feelings of loneliness, etc. A lot of people when they use social media can often put themselves to the same standards as others, and that can sometimes mean people feeling low, and upset due to perhaps not measuring up.

Quality of life is said to be another thing that improves, but I suppose that's more theoretical.

well i didn't use my computer, but for sure spent 6 hours a day on netflix/snapchat/instagram/vs.co lol just ended up spending more time with friends and making more friends etc etc
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40