Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Father Watson Q&A v2

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253433

I've seen that humanity game about and it does seem kinda fun, for catharsis.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
Login or register to post a reply.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253442

What are your favorite items in SSRP, and why? What are your LEAST favorite items in SSRP, and why? Who have you met on ZARP that you speak to the most outside of ZARP?

My questions are pog :)
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1995

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253476

"Hatred seems cathartic."

Not sure if you meant Hatred or an actual game called Humanity? But I looked that up and it didn't result in much.
Anyway, I think most people would agree, some might be hesitant to do so as they may believe that catharsis equating with violent urges being satiated is probably not very healthy - but it actually is. Studies, and even the media we've watched and consumed, shows that people find violence to be therapeutic - relieving urges that they'd much rather not exercise on an innocent party. It's why some people with anger issues resort to getting punching bags, or speed bags, etc.

"Favourite SSRP items? Why?"

Now, it's hard to answer this without being fairly vague.

Hm, perhaps it may be better to do this in terms of top five?

5) Valkyrie

While highly impractical, the Valkyrie rockets are extremely fun to use, and I've often found myself climbing up a building to find a private space to fire them from and just guide it around the map.

And perhaps blowing people up, but you didn't hear that from me. Or is that "read that from me"?

4) Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.s are something I'm very fond of, if only due to their astounding rarity, sheer power, and intriguing design. If only they were a little faster, they'd probably be even more coveted - but the price tag on them is pretty ludicrous. Though, as rare as they are, it only makes sense that they'd be extremely powerful and slightly unbalanced.

3) Thermal Detonator

A classic innovation, with an extremely fun method of use. The "Create-A-Suicide-Bomb", more or less. Their lack of use resides in the fact that they can only be acquired through the Iridium Case, which isn't overly popular in the first place - and perhaps especially due to the fact that they can no longer be holstered, much the same as any grenade. The damage on these can be stacked. The more you add, the more damage it'll do. When the holster option was available, people would pile 20 of these onto one person, storm a base, and use it to rip suits - as at 20 thermals? Nothing survives the blast.

2) Mummy Suit

I was actually quite late to the party for Mummy Suits. I only got one once the suit had been extensively nerfed; and my first one, I purchased for... I think 4.5 billion. Despite the nerf, I, among others, still find the mummy a really valuable tool in an arsenal - and with certain balancing in check, such as being able to be ripped with a fast enough, and damaging enough weapon - the suit sits as a prime example of why nerfing is necessary, and not always the worst idea.

1) Crack

I imagine this was obvious to a number of people, but I baby my two Crack. Originally, Crack was the final rare item I needed to complete my collection back in 2016-2017 ish. The item serves no purpose, it's fundamentally useless. Though, the sheer rarity of it, and the fact that it is one of only two items that are guaranteed never to return to the meta (the other being cooler, Steam Case is another potential option, but Chute may hold another giveaway which brings them back), puts this item at a valuation of billions. I was very, very fortunate to purchase my first Crack at 550 million, and my second at 210 million.

"Least SSRP Favourite Items? Why?"

This is arguably more difficult than my favourites, as there are a number of items that are utterly useless, and yet I enjoy them, still.

5) Flamethrower.

Became somewhat redundant with the induction of things like the Napalm Launcher. The Jet Gun is arguably a better flamethrower, and I believe it was introduced before the Napalm Launcher. No-one really uses these.

4) Gauss Rifle

Such a fall from grace. The weapon was considerably more useful when it was first introduced, perhaps primarily because it was included in a select few special weapons that could be instantly holstered after use. But with nerfs to its damage, and with a holster time, it fell pretty hard. It's a difficult weapon to put to use.

3) Rotten Carrot

While the concept is amusing, the rotten carrot is the only rotten item of the four (melon, mushroom, carrot and egg) that does not produce vomit when ingested. Perhaps it's due to the fact that the rotten carrot was the first rotten item, but all it does at the moment is kill the player slowly upon usage. It should also be noted that the rotten egg and the rotten carrot are the only two rotten items that kill the player. Both take about 400 health before the effect is lifted.

2) LSD

Probably the most useless of the drugs that one can make, LSD serves no purpose. While melon kick kills the user, it at least provides entertainment, and allows the player a brief speed boost. As a fundamentally useless item, there's not much argument for it aside from the money that can be made by producing it.

1) Broken Computer Part

Literally serves no purpose other than to merely laugh at the player for failing in production of anything significant in the Item O' Matic. The player only gets 100 gems for conversion, and it's honestly just disheartening when you put some decent items into the item'o'matic only to receive this in exchange.

"Who have you met on ZARP that you speak to the most outside of ZARP?"

Probably Dr. Richard, or Alexzander. Alex and I don't speak often, but it's always nice to hear from him. I must admit that I don't really keep in contact with many people on ZARP outside of ZARP. There's no rhyme or reason to it - I just don't.

Your questions are indeed pog.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, 0yc37xrk6m, Killa Kappa, Mr. Richard

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253477

I did mean hatred :(
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253479

DANlEL wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
I did mean hatred :(
liar

leer
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253481

What is your opinion on Hoverboards, and Master Swords? I personally think they need a change. How do you feel about the way items are being added into the economy, such as booster deals and events like the Mega Match? What would you rank all the suits at, and for what reason?
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253495

"Opinion on Hoverboards?"

I enjoy them. They're fun, and create an interesting new set of items to collect, even if they're only really used as a quick replacement for cars. I'm not sure how necessary they were, but the same could be said about cosmetics.

"Master Swords?"

From what I've seen, they appear to be exploited quite a bit. But I suppose that's bound to happen most times with a lot of new items. Take the example of the Predator. For a while, people were using them to fire up at the nexus building, they'd fire electronic rounds and if the printer owners were AFK, they'd be destroyed. They may require a change soon.

"What's your opinion of all the new items being added in through events/booster deals?"

It's a tad pay2win. That said, there are case days for events that make for an interestingly competitive environment. I enjoy getting boosters, but I do think that maybe they're a bit overwhelming, and could use a tweak.

"Suit rankings?"

19) Thief Suit

Least used suit. Does nothing, and looks unappealing.

18) White Tuxedo

In my opinion, this looks worse than the tuxedo, and looks a little bit like they tried too hard to make the tuxedo look more casual.

17) Red Dress

It's nice to add diversity to the suit models, as the majority of the cosmetic suits are male in design, with the exception of the seasonal suits.

16) Tuxedo

Purely cosmetic suit that adds style to the player's wardrobe.

15) Terroriser Suit

Honestly, it's difficult to put this higher than the tux, but I'd say it looks more interesting. It achieves what the thief suit was trying to achieve and adds a menacing appeal.

14) Designer Suit

A step-up from the tuxedo. A better look, with decisively more swagger in the step. Even adds glasses.

13) Golden Designer Suit

I'd say this serves a purpose as a limited-time item meant as a thank you to the players who have stuck with the community, and looks quite nice to boot.

12) Shield Suit

Marginally worse than the regen suit, but still very nice - it's one of very few craftable suits. It's intended to be an affordable option.

11) Regen Suit

The option to regenerate health with a suit is always handy, and pile that on top of your existing regen upgrade, and you're in for a good time.

10) Nano Suit

I don't know. I like it, but I still feel of all the suits, it's probably the least useful. The invisibility is a brilliant touch, but it isn't always applicable.

9) ACS

I enjoy having the shield, it gives me more power, and a decent bit of damage resistance.

8 ) Portal Suit

If used correctly, it can allow players free travel to vital locations in a fight, but can also be ripped fairly easily. The acidic portals do make the suit more interesting to use.

7) Visor Suit

You won't see many people using this, because the damage resist has been nerfed, but it's still a brilliant suit, and one of few to have an actual weapon in the suit.

6) Demon Knight

It's a rare, powerful suit. Used correctly, you can shift the tide of some fights.

5) EDF Suit

This is gonna be a controversial option, but the fact that you can't lose the suit makes it that much more valuable.

4) Golden EDF Suit

Double the heatlh/armour, double the fun.

3) Juggernaut Suit

The first special suit. You could make an argument for the EDF, but this was the first rippable suit, also. The durability make it a tank, but the speed is a killer.

2) Jet Suit

At the moment, the Jet Suit is one of the most commonly used suits, and was quite sought after. The upcoming meta stands to change and nerf it, but it still stands as a brilliant example of a powerful, capable suit.

1) Mummy Suit

Let's face it, the mummy suit is the best suit. Unless you can literally trap the opponent, or they're incredibly reckless, you will never rip it. It's got a vamp effect, and 3 lives. What's not to like?

I did miss out the three gold suits, I know. But I'd probably put Gold Nano at 4, Gold ACS at 3, and Gold Jugg at 2. Honestly, it's a bit hard to rank them, because the sheer value of the suits makes them incredibly impractical.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Father Watson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, jean lucien cheikh touré

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253635

Read any books lately, what do you recommend?
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253645

Ax7 best song? :O
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by TheFierceOwl.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253762

hello friend how you doing
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253764

"What books do you recommend? Have you been reading much lately?"

I have read a few things, mostly fantasy and speculative fiction. If you're interested in that stuff, try V.E. Schwab for a different take on superheroes in her book Vicious.

Another might be Brandon Sanderson's works, he's quite a big name in contemporary fantasy publishing, because he both does his own work, and was also able to brilliantly carry on the works of a deceased, beloved writer, Robert Jordan. Wheel of Time is a rather huge undertaking.

"Ax7 best song?"

While I am familiar wtih Avenged Sevenfold, I've not actually listened to any of their songs, I don't know any off the top of my head. There's a possibility I may have heard some in passing. I decided I'd listen to it for the sake of the question, and listened to Afterlife. That's quite a good song!

"Hello, how're you?"

Hi Michael, I'm good. How're you? Nice to see you! I trust you've been well.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253771

yeah mate quit league enjoying my summer atm camping and shit like that having a house party two weeks time life going well, honestly think using my pc less makes my life better every time I do it
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253776

Well, I have heard that people who abstain from social media, and people who generally use less technology are less prone to depression, feelings of loneliness, etc. A lot of people when they use social media can often put themselves to the same standards as others, and that can sometimes mean people feeling low, and upset due to perhaps not measuring up.

Quality of life is said to be another thing that improves, but I suppose that's more theoretical.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1253845

Fun Fact #6: The Final Fantasy series has enjoyed a great deal of success, but did you know that Final Fantasy XIV had an original version that was critically ravaged?

The game was actually rebooted when the first version was critically panned for a buncha reasons - primarily gameplay issues.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV_(2010_video_game)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV

There were also special items offered to "legacy" players who had come from the original game.

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/678050-fina...ealm-reborn/67280103

It should be noted that much like Crack, many players have requested the items be added - even though they serve little to no purpose and are purely cosmetic.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254025

What is the main piece of advice you'd give to your younger self?
What makes you happy when you're feeling down?

Really love the effort you put into your replies man, it's always interesting to read them.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254043

"What is the main piece of adivce you'd give to your younger self?"

"Think carefully about the life you want to lead - and ask yourself if it's worth it to focus more."

Mostly because procrastination has made my life considerably more complex; but I think over time, things may improve. I think it's important to remember that you only have one life and that you should never waste it.

What makes you happy when you're feeling down?"

My partner is good at making me feel better about myself, especially as I tend to get quite stressed, quite easily. But I also find that using music to picture scenes in my head can be fun. Sometimes, if I want something a bit different, I'll come on ZARP and host little giveaways or something. Even if it's only a little bit of help, it's still something, right?

You work hard on your replies!

I suppose I think about it in the sense that in most Q&A's, there's a great deal of memes that are flung around, or joke answers that are given. There's nothing wrong with this, but I'd like to try and give the best answers I can, if people expect me to answer their questions.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, 0yc37xrk6m

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254096

AR-15 or AK gang? :side: :side: :side:

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254137

I think I remember talking to you about the Artemis fowl books and how good they.

So have you seen the movie? I daren't see it because I don't want to ruin the world I've created in my mind through reading :unsure:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254226

"AR-15 or AK gang?"

I'm not familiar with this. If you're referring to the weapons of the same names in ZARP, I do enjoy the AK as a French Gun Dealer for my Halloween costume.

"Artemis Fowl?"

No, I haven't seen the film, but from what I've heard, it apparently is very poorly adapted. Which is disappointing as a film almost ten years in the making.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 8 months ago #1254245

Father Watson wrote:
"AR-15 or AK gang?"

I'm not familiar with this. If you're referring to the weapons of the same names in ZARP, I do enjoy the AK as a French Gun Dealer for my Halloween costume.

"Artemis Fowl?"

No, I haven't seen the film, but from what I've heard, it apparently is very poorly adapted. Which is disappointing as a film almost ten years in the making.
haha its just a joke for gun addicts
Don't know if you would have the patience to look at this video, but it will basically explain everything in depth, and its entertaining (at least for me :lol:)
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

152 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf