Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Future of FP: Zarp Merge

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235609

I've just posted a poll on Friendly Player's forums and would like to get Zarp's opinion on it. Check out the topic here
TheVikingGhost wrote:
Out with the old in with the new.. Friendly Players was a great community back in the day but that time has come and gone. Will the reboot even work at this point? Maybe. Zarp is massive and only getting bigger and better every day that passes. In my mind the split between the two communities isn't profitable for Chute, EMP, and the rest of the devs or worth their time and effort anymore; with only one server in the community getting any sort of attention. Something we were always told was that a merge would never happen, but in my opinion that's one of the best options available right now.

Take the second Zarp DarkRP server - or even a create a third if the capability to do so is there, and put the new reboot gamemode on that server. Transitioning all of our man-power (remaining staff and players) to Zarp - with some sort of appropriate rank for staff still around and special recognition for players transitioning (teamspeak icons, forums ranks) - and focusing on improving and maintaining that community makes a lot more sense to me than remaining divided like we are now.

I loved Friendly Players, and the people who have been here longer than me most definitely feel even stronger than I do about it, and we're just sitting here as it dies. Let's do something about it.

Why are we continuing to separate ourselves from Zarp? It's illogical and unnecessary to split our resources the way we are now. It's time to bring together two of the best and most successful communities in Garry's Mod history.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Tettra. Reason: Fixes link so we don't quote automatically.
Login or register to post a reply.

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235611

Can't we just have the FP update on zarp
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235620

I think it's a great idea, we already took the F1 menu from the FP deathrun server and added it to Zarp.
But i would love to see all the content they have on FP, on the Zarp server.
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Polsee.

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235622

Great Idea!
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235626

Idk man I personally love the idea, but I regularly creep on the FP forums and every time the idea of a merge comes up a lot of remaining FP'ers are like "OH GOD PLEASE NO". I think FP's identity is just different, but if you're ready for a merge we'll be happy to embrace you.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235633

We will embrace FP. Don't be scared.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235636

Eugh, I don't know how this would work. In practicality all you are proposing is that we get rid of the FP name and just call it zarp but have different stuff in it. This would confuse players in my eyes and it would be inpracticle to merge the servers (have the same cash on all servers due to economy being different and different items being able to be bought). You would get strays from mainstream zarp coming on but they would only get confused and go back to server 1 or 2 in my honest opinion, if I have missed the point of this then sorry! ;)

However I hope this does work out as it would be nice for both FP and ZARP to be popular and alive.
  • Scottie012
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks gogo3a! luv ya!
  • Thanks received: 60
Steam: |KoFC| Scottie012
SSRP Admin
Deathrun Member
Minecraft Member
TTT Member
Teamspeak Member team

Thanks gogo3a and Red!
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Scottie012.

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235647

It really wouldn't work out, I mean having two communities with different levels of toleration, rules, meetings, people, it really wouldn't work out that well. You want all the staff on the servers on there to get a fair rank on here, which in my eyes is a horrible idea because one, they don't know the rules, two, they're being thrown into a sea they haven't swam in before.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Morgan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sophia, Ashur

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235648

Scottie012 wrote:
Eugh, I don't know how this would work. In practicality all you are proposing is that we get rid of the FP name and just call it zarp but have different stuff in it. This would confuse players in my eyes and it would be inpracticle to merge the servers (have the same cash on all servers due to economy being different and different items being able to be bought). You would get strays from mainstream zarp coming on but they would only get confused and go back to server 1 or 2 in my honest opinion, if I have missed the point of this then sorry! ;)

However I hope this does work out as it would be nice for both FP and ZARP to be popular and alive.
The details of what server gets what and how it will all work out can be discussed in meetings, this is just the general idea that FP will become Zarp.

The third server may not even be necessary, as Exrobite said all Zarp DarkRP servers could be updated with the new reboot gamemode.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235651

TheVikingGhost wrote:
Scottie012 wrote:

The details of what server gets what and how it will all work out can be discussed in meetings, this is just the general idea that FP will become Zarp.

The third server may not even be necessary, as Exrobite said all Zarp DarkRP servers could be updated with the new reboot gamemode.
From what I saw of the reboot update it would not suit zarp, we have suits and FP was getting models for instance...
  • Scottie012
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks gogo3a! luv ya!
SSRP Admin
Deathrun Member
Minecraft Member
TTT Member
Teamspeak Member team

Thanks gogo3a and Red!

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235654

Morgan wrote:
You want all the staff on the servers on there to get a fair rank on here, which in my eyes is a horrible idea because one, they don't know the rules, two, they're being thrown into a sea they haven't swam in before.
All the staff? Take a look at our forums and gametrackers, there's nobody left. My guess is less than 10 people would actually receive staff ranks, is that a catastrophic change to Zarp's administration?

And as if we haven't had members of either communities come and administrate effectively on the other one's servers already? The rules aren't something that take a ridiculous amount of time to learn. If someone couldn't handle learning the different rules then they aren't really fit to be staff anyway.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235659

I would really like to see FP merge with ZARP. Having a third server with the new FP update would be nice.
  • TotalSniper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • FP DarkRP Super Administrator

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235676

NO DEIED RE APPLY IN NEVER
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1273

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235678

Crystal Smith wrote:
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haythamm

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235679

TheVikingGhost wrote:
Crystal Smith wrote:
^
Just like he said! Wtf Crystal, show a bit respect dude.

I think a server 3 should be issued. He's right, FP is dying (Looking at objective sources)

:PLUSSP:
  • Bob Raheem
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin # Sonzy is my bae
  • Thanks received: 62
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235685

Crystal Smith wrote:

How about you "reapply" when you know how to share a professional opinion with your reasoning without using capslock? I mean thats also probably never going to happen, but hey at least i am trying to make you look less idiotic and childish.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235695

TheVikingGhost wrote:
Morgan wrote:
You want all the staff on the servers on there to get a fair rank on here, which in my eyes is a horrible idea because one, they don't know the rules, two, they're being thrown into a sea they haven't swam in before.
All the staff? Take a look at our forums and gametrackers, there's nobody left. My guess is less than 10 people would actually receive staff ranks, is that a catastrophic change to Zarp's administration?

And as if we haven't had members of either communities come and administrate effectively on the other one's servers already? The rules aren't something that take a ridiculous amount of time to learn. If someone couldn't handle learning the different rules then they aren't really fit to be staff anyway.

I know the rules and im still here :(

The only thing i see in this is that i don't want all the staff members from Zarp being able to have powers (no offense) on this new FP server. FP was here way before Zarp and i dont think all the staff from FP would like the knew environment. If we were to merge then I say OLD FP STAFF that are still around get to pick say 2 people to join the staff team (everyone would have to agree)for the reboot server (if we do that) and they start form the bottom, and we keep are ranks. I don't think it is fair in my opinion for all the staff on Zarp that haven't done anything for FP come and and say take a HA position because that what they are on Zarp servers and them then getting to boss around admins and mods that have been around for years on FP
  • Ella A Pompeii
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP's mom has big tits
  • Thanks received: 140
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ella A Pompeii.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tettra

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235702

Crystal Smith wrote:
Have you ever actually played FP?
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8580

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235709

Ladies please, let's not start an argument. This thread is purposed to ask for opinions on a the merging on FP and zarp into one, if you do not agree with someone else's opinion would it not be better to take it up with them on steam chat?

Edit: My brain isn't with it today, been edited several times
  • Scottie012
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks gogo3a! luv ya!
SSRP Admin
Deathrun Member
Minecraft Member
TTT Member
Teamspeak Member team

Thanks gogo3a and Red!
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Scottie012.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zackz11

Future of FP: Zarp Merge 8 years 5 months ago #235716

Side note: I haven't played FP so this may be seem like an idiotic idea to people who have posted on both but rather than having the struggle of merging the two communities and re-balancing everyone and then still having 2 separate communities to maintain why can't we just dim town to one, Cut out all the haste etc, or are FP and zarp too different?
  • Scottie012
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks gogo3a! luv ya!
SSRP Admin
Deathrun Member
Minecraft Member
TTT Member
Teamspeak Member team

Thanks gogo3a and Red!