Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178954

hype hype hype hype hype

After watching those you can't possibly not be hyped, and if you aren't then you are no human gamer.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by LineLiar.
Login or register to post a reply.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178955

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178957

I am calling it right now that the game will have DLCs and the game itself will be shit. Thanks Konami.
  • Two Seconds
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Play hard. But play hard by the rules
  • Thanks received: 7
Deathrun Admin

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178963

Two Seconds wrote:
I am calling it right now that the game will have DLCs and the game itself will be shit. Thanks Konami.
Never. You surely haven't seen the demos.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178967

Two Seconds wrote:

Can you at least do some research before you blindly slander a game?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178971

Not buying it after the konami vs kojima controversy.
  • Charlie-
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 226

EX - TTT Admin[/center]

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178972

Lyra wrote:

Some men want to watch the world burn.
Konami fits the bill.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178977

Lyra wrote:
As much as I despise Konami, I can't simply not buy this game. This game looks amazing and Fallout 4 ain't got no shit on this. And if you're really in love with the game as much as I am, you would buy it. If you're not and the controversy stops you, then try to think that you're supporting Kojima with this instead of Konami.

I'm sorry Konami wins this one for me.

never thought I'd say that
for the record: not defending Konami here
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #178983

I don't even know anything about MGS but I still want this game :whistle:
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179016

John Jackson wrote:
I don't even know anything about MGS but I still want this game :whistle:
Same here. The demos look awesome and I love stealth games. The mother base thing looks amazing and ugh... give me it already.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179034

Demos can look good but they mostly have nothing to do with the Original game that gets released.
And If you think I havent "researched" then I will tell you that I am about to buy the game and I have been watching MGS V since the First Trailer called Phantom Pain by Moby Dick Studios. My knowledge about the game is probably better than yours.
Btw who says that DLCs cannot be released after the game is released? They can literally announce few days before the release that they are preparing DLCs or after release.
Btw my biggest fear is that you cannot customize Mother Base fully. Theres gotta be a limitation.
Btw its not really "Fully Customizable" for one reason. You can only change colour and deployment of Soldiers and stuff.
  • Two Seconds
  • Fresh Boarder
Deathrun Admin
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Two Seconds.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179038

The more you buy into hype from demos the more you'll be disappointed.
Even if the game doesn't end up being bad it will still be nowhere near the level you expected from the hype you got for it.
Even for the game series that I love I stay away from hype as much as possible.
With that being said...
Never liked Metal gear never will.
Also I suggest the people above me actually ask questions instead of assuming ignorance because your opinion isn't agreed with.
  • MrBuzzKill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Words build bridges into unexplored regions.
  • Thanks received: 28

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179039

Ahoy, ahoy remember the watch dog!
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179044

MrBuzzKill wrote:
The more you buy into hype from demos the more you'll be disappointed.
Even if the game doesn't end up being bad it will still be nowhere near the level you expected from the hype you got for it.
With that being said...
Also I suggest the people above me actually ask questions instead of assuming ignorance because your opinion isn't agreed with.

If you've actually played MGS: GZ (which is essentially MGS TPP prequel,) then you'd know exactly what to expect.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179053

By that logic all good demos automatically mean the game will be good.
By that logic Alien Colonial marines shouldn't exist.
I don't buy into hype and I don't play metal gear because it doesn't do anything well.
Preordering a game is the most dumb thing you can do when it comes to buying Triple A games and thats usually a consequence of the hype surrounding it. Look at Witcher 3, great game yet so many people got pissed because they expected the greatest game to ever grace humanity. Stop buying into hype and wait till the game comes out and is reviewed.
  • MrBuzzKill
  • Fresh Boarder

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179057

MGS GZ probably has nothing to do with TPP because Kojima is a troll so enjoy.
Rip 20 Euros
  • Two Seconds
  • Fresh Boarder
Deathrun Admin

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179060

MGS fan :D
  • i7moody009
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Real OG LOC
  • Thanks received: 194

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179063

Stupidity & Answers with Prof. LineLiar

Two Seconds wrote:
Demos can look good but they mostly have nothing to do with the Original game that gets released.
Yes, totally, because demos are there to not give you an idea of what the game is. Makes sense. The game at launch will of course turn out to be a 2D Platformer with action elements. Yes. That's how stupid you sound right now.
_________________________________________________________________________________Two Seconds wrote:
And If you think I havent "researched" then I will tell you that I am about to buy the game and I have been watching MGS V since the First Trailer called Phantom Pain by Moby Dick Studios..
Then tell me how you made such a stupid comment in the first place? The demos surely don't have any DLC in it. That would be a new low for the industry, and I don't think Konami is wating for even more controversy.
_________________________________________________________________________________Two Seconds wrote:
My knowledge about the game is probably better than yours
And I quote
MrBuzzKill wrote:
Btw who says that DLCs cannot be released after the game is released?
Not us.
They can literally announce few days before the release that they are preparing DLCs or after release.
Yes, they could. But how does that have anything to do with your previous comment in which you stated the base game would be shit and the DLC's would make it better?
Btw my biggest fear is that you cannot customize Mother Base fully. Theres gotta be a limitation. Btw its not really "Fully Customizable" for one reason. You can only change colour and deployment of Soldiers and stuff.
Well obviously there is, which you would know if you know the game better than me. I'm pretty sure they said in one demo that the platforms themselves will not be extremely customizable, but mostly the staff, look, management and to some extent platform features. They've also said that they have made it so that you can either play without managing your mother base that much or the opposite.

Which again, you would also know if you knew the game better than me.
_________________________________________________________________________________MrBuzzKill wrote:
The more you buy into hype from demos the more you'll be disappointed. Even if the game doesn't end up being bad it will still be nowhere near the level you expected from the hype you got for it.
Recent demos have led us to believe that, but that is far from always the case. And to be fair, the meaning of disappointed is completely subjective and can vary from person to person so no need to state that as a fact.
_________________________________________________________________________________MrBuzzKill wrote:
Well that's your decision, and it doesn't always make other people disappointed when they do.
With that being said...
Completely subjective, but is factoring into your opinion currently.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TL;DR - Hype thread. Not hate thread and any hate here will be dismissed by qualified hate-dismisser, stupidity-remover and constructive criticismer Prof. LineLiar.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by LineLiar.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179068

___________________________________________________________________MrBuzzKill wrote:
The more you buy into hype from demos the more you'll be disappointed. Even if the game doesn't end up being bad it will still be nowhere near the level you expected from the hype you got for it.
Recent demos have led us to believe that, but that is far from always the case. And to be fair, the meaning of disappointed is completely subjective and can vary from person to person so no need to state that as a fact.
___________________________________________________________________MrBuzzKill wrote:
Well that's your decision, and it doesn't always make other people disappointed when they do.
With that being said...
Completely subjective, but is factoring into your opinion currently.
Factoring in to what?
My original comment is that hype is not a good thing for consumers. Its FACTUALLY not. If you want to be hyped or not in general hype is a tool used by marketing companies to push games. Aka trying to sell it to consumers. They're not letting you see a sneak peak because they care about you as a customer, they're doing it to let you get hyped for their product. A lot of them abuse this to trick customers.
No it doesn't "ALWAYS" disappoint you but you gain nothing by being hyped and have the chance of losing more.
The point where you're arguing about the definition of words is the point where you have nothing meaningful to bring to the argument and you have lost.
And to top all of this off i love how you flat out admit you don't know anything MG games yet you're arguing with two (Who actually does) like you have the facts... You clearly don't.
If you really have a problem with people calling "hype" bad in most cases then there is a problem thats deeper than this argument. ;)
  • MrBuzzKill
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MrBuzzKill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Two Seconds

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hype thread 8 years 8 months ago #179069

LineLiar Wrote
Yes, totally, because demos are there to not give you an idea of what the game is. Makes sense. The game at launch will of course turn out to be a 2D Platformer with action elements. Yes. That's how stupid you sound right now.

Try searching demos of Watch_Dogs,The Division, The Crew, Aliens Colonial Marines etc.
The Demos of the games are basically lying and the original game that was released was worse looking and stuff.

LineLiar Wrote
Then tell me how you made such a stupid comment in the first place? The demos surely don't have any DLC in it. That would be a new low for the industry, and I don't think Konami is wating for even more controversy.

So now I cant hate the game even if I am following it from the start? Btw the second sentence makes no sense thats how stupid you sound.

LineLiar Wrote
Yes, they could. But how does that have anything to do with your previous comment in which you stated the base game would be shit and the DLC's would make it better?

I never said that the DLCs would make the game better. Paid DLCs are cancer of Gaming.

LineLiar Wrote
Well obviously there is, which you would know if you know the game better than me. I'm pretty sure they said in one demo that the platforms themselves will not be extremely customizable, but mostly the staff, look, management and to some extent platform features. They've also said that they have made it so that you can either play without managing your mother base that much or the opposite.

Which again, you would also know if you knew the game better than me.

They said that the basics of Mother Base will be the same that means whatever you build(new platforms) it will be same construction everywhere. But what you can actually customize is colours and protection.

Btw dat gif down there is basically me slapping you.
Btw no.2 - You literally said you know nothing about the games and you tell me you have greater knowledge of MGS than me gg.
  • Two Seconds
  • Fresh Boarder
Deathrun Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrBuzzKill
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

284 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop