Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brothers and Harpers

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48322

I want your opinion about war between "Harpers" and "Brothers", do you want us to be allies or enemies, I'm asking you that question because many players are complaining about "War" between us and apparently it is destroying their Gameplay, so you can vote on this Poll and you can also live a comment with your personal opinion about this situation, I really want to see your opinions, but it is still up to Gang leaders to decide whether we will be allies or enemies.

My opinion: I think this war is only between gang leaders and not between members because I see many gang members role playing and having fun together, so I think this war should be ended.
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
  • Thanks received: 64
Login or register to post a reply.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48324

The war shall continue! :D :P
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48325

Well, since this brother/Harper issue is greatly affecting the server, something should be done about it :/ Everyone who is or isn't part of these gangs is being greatly effected by their fights and raids... Bases that are being built are being destroyed, many people are accidentaly getting killed, and mugs everywhere is just annoying... I hope that the lead team does something about this
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DarthVader. Reason: This is serious everyone, just noticed

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48326

Firstly I want to tell you that I'm not a Brother, secondly I am trying to stop something that annoys our players.
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48328

Firstly I want to tell you that I'm not a Brother, secondly I am trying to stop something that annoys our players.

Not trying to be smart but...you are just fuelling the already over whelming rage harpers and brothers already have for each other.
  • jellybean
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • ITS NOT WORKING
  • Thanks received: 66
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48330

I think that he should remove the poll and the allies/enemies part, maybe edit the first post and make it address the main issue?? Rather than asking others if they want a war or not...
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by DarthVader.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48333

Double0Jewlly wrote:

Not trying to be smart but...you are just fuelling the already over whelming rage harpers and brothers already have for each other.
I disagree with you, I feel like he is addressing the issue perfectly; I don't see how he is 'fueling* the fire.' He's simply explaining that this is going out of bounds, and the war is really between the gang leaders, as he said, members of either gang don't care about the war, they role play with each other without quarrel.
  • Craccoo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
  • Thanks received: 4

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48348

#DRAMA
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crocodile

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48353

Personally, I don't like either. They are two big organizations that make everything less fun for the little guys. For example: A new player joins, lets call him Bill. Bill decides to become a gangster and he makes a really cool base to store his printers in. Then the Brothers come along and raid Bill and he stands no chance because there is 6 of them with very expensive weapons, against Bill with just a spas 12. Bill decides he doesn't want to play on the server because he always gets raided by two large gangs so he never gets to have any fun.

That is how this guy feels because he is not part of either. (I am not under the same name so you guys don't recognize me)

P.S. I am in a one man gang so I am alone and have nobody to base with.
  • BaronVonSchnitzelmeister
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • What are you doing in my swamp?
  • Thanks received: 79
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by BaronVonSchnitzelmeister.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48354

Baron, you also have very good point there, I think that both gangs are a bit over powered, but after some time players from both gangs will get bored and will stop raiding everyone in groups of 5 people and when explosive weapons will get "nerfed" most of these people will lose their over powered weapons, but we will see after soon update and I hope leaders from both gangs will add some rules which will protect new players role play, for example not destroying new players printers or stealing them, just leaving them or just not raiding new players.
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Sortus.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48358

BaronVonSchnitzelmeister wrote:
Personally, I don't like either. They are two big organizations that make everything less fun for the little guys. For example: A new player joins, lets call him Bill. Bill decides to become a gangster and he makes a really cool base to store his printers in. Then the Brothers come along and raid Bill and he stands no chance because there is 6 of them with very expensive weapons, against Bill with just a spas 12. Bill decides he doesn't want to play on the server because he always gets raided by two large gangs so he never gets to have any fun.

That is how this guy feels because he is not part of either. (I am not under the same name so you guys don't recognize me)
Change bill to 'Scruffy' so it goes along with your profile pic :lol:
On a more serious note, this is very true
  • Craccoo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.
  • Thanks received: 4

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48361

Sortus I seen this post and I instantly thought "what are people comaining about now?". This post is nothing more than another sign of you hating the new update. If you really wanted to make a useful post then you would've understood that we are going to be balancing the new craftable weapons so that people will lose them more often. I also hate it when people say "expensive weapons" or stuff along those lines because you can quite easily craft them with the only expense being uranium production units.
A more useful post would've been a suggestion to put a gang member cap so that there are less people in the gangs, because right now we have a gang full of staff (brotherhood) and a gang full of random people (harpers) that are running the servers.
Although you say that the gangs are ruining the server I still think that if both gangs stop recruiting mass amounts of people and the weapons are balanced then we have nothing to worry about because players will form their own gangs and raid other ones. The only thing that has changed with the update is the weapons because we already seen groups of players running around raiding. So yeah this feels like another post about the weapons.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48362

In fairness, I'd rather see this thread amongst the sea of applications rather than the sea of applications. It's a shame that drama always happens outside the forum, because then at least we'd be able to lower the time we spend copy-pasting applications into a word counter and reduce the 99% of posts that contain a symbol followed by the word support.

Now I'm not condoning drama, but to be fair it does happen quite often everywhere else in zarp and it's a good opportunity to have a series of 300 word rants every once in a while when it happens on the forum.

Just saying in the response to the apparant devestation that Sortus made a poll that will oh-so certainly stop life as we know it.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Chris.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48366

Chris I have made plenty of posts that people just don't seem to care about. People seem to only enjoy the applications that we get day in and day out.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48367

It's because the Forums and TS3 are only occupied with Staff members / people wanting to be Staff members.
We need alot of changes on ZARP, but nobody really cares to do them.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48368

Should be allies, Its so annoying that we cant even build a base without getting raided by 5 guys with grenade launchers and rpgs. They even raid with thieves,which is not even allowed.
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48370

sortus, if you really hated these explosive weapons, like you say you do, you wouldn't use them...But yet, you had no problem raiding me lastnight with it?

Also, i agree with the non stealing of the printers...i just take the money and run, that way i get something and they get something
  • Section
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 40

''Its always darkest before the dawn''
i got 99 bots and soxey is one.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48375

This is not another way of me trying to tell people that update is bad, all I wanted to say is that this war is separating members of staff instead of uniting them and I think it should stop because staff are reporting each other, people are losing friends because they are reporting each other and some people are trying to demote each other after being raided by them, just look how many abuse reports we had since update came out.
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48377

What would happen if Harpers and Brothers become allies?
They would not raid/mug each other - thats good point for members. But all members would still want to raid, and what they will raid? of course other players.
Right now when gangs are at war some bases are left unseen, but if Harpers and Brothers become allies those neutral gangs/bases would get annihilated. And there would be only one way: all players would be in one or other gang and players who cant get to one would leave the server in moments.
Whats done with those two gangs cannot be undone - or war or no gangs at all.
  • WonGa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by WonGa.

Brothers and Harpers 9 years 11 months ago #48380

I dont realy care if they hate each other or love each other, as long as other members dont get interrupted by them, i dont care..

BUT, if other members in the zarp community are getting annoyed then yes something should be done about it.
These 2 clans are way to big anyway, filled with narbs and trolls, i already suggested to make a gang max 10 members.

We will see what happends next.
  • Giovanni
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 9
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

219 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun