Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages.

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372631

To the people who have played on Zarp for longer than 3 years, how have you not gotten bored? For example, I have moved on from video games in general, especially those that I played constantly for years as they are now incredibly boring. Does it not get repetitive to grind everyday?
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 288
Login or register to post a reply.

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372632

Is it that inconceivable to think that people enjoy different things to different people? have you considered using ur noggin
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Shark, MsRevine, TrueOverL, Pie_ and 1 more...

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372634

Jugger wrote:
To the people who have played on Zarp for longer than 3 years, how have you not gotten bored? Does it not get repetitive to grind everyday?
I don't think anyone has played consistently for three years every day :? :?
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6748
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372635

nobody plays zarp tbf, i’m only here bc i like to see wats going on in the community, just like you are now.
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 456

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372636

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
Jugger wrote:
To the people who have played on Zarp for longer than 3 years, how have you not gotten bored? Does it not get repetitive to grind everyday?
sinz has been doing his drug runs man cmon
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 456
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueOverL

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372639

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Is it that inconceivable to think that people enjoy different things to different people? have you considered using ur noggin

I understand that each individual is different. However, I just wanted to understand how so many people can still enjoy a repetitive thing such as SSRP. Especially when they have been playing for longer than 3 years.
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372640

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
Jugger wrote:

It was more of a hyperbolic statement, I didn't mean people played seriously everyday.
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372641

Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I understand that each individual is different. However, I just wanted to understand how so many people can still enjoy a repetitive thing such as SSRP. Especially when they have been playing for longer than 3 years.
Everything is repetitive if you do enough of it? do you not play cs:go like many people do for many years
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, MsRevine, TrueOverL

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372642

Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I've been on ZARP since 2013, the reason I still stick around isn't so much because of the game, it's because of the friends I have made. The fact that I also have a game to play that I know these people also enjoy is a bonus.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11872
The following user(s) said Thank You: randomfella_

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372643

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

Everything is repetitive if you do enough of it? do you not play cs:go like many people do for many years

I generally think you are trying to make this question something it is not. I am just curious that is all.
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372644

Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I generally think you are trying to make this question something it is not. I am just curious that is all.
Not really, for me your question is just.

Why does person enjoy thing?

person: because I do
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, MsRevine

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372645

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

Not really, for me your question is just.

Why does person enjoy thing?

person: because I do

• Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, TrueOverL

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372646

Nafe wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I've been on ZARP since 2013, the reason I still stick around isn't so much because of the game, it's because of the friends I have made. The fact that I also have a game to play that I know these people also enjoy is a bonus.

This is more of an appropriate answer. Personally, I feel like I have moved on and progress within my own life, to the point where I can not do a lot of the fun activities I used to do. However, when I look back at something like this, it does seem incredibly boring to me. That is the reason why I asked this question, as from my perception I see this as something that can not be enjoyed once you see how repetitive it is.
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372647

Jugger wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Jugger wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

This is more of an appropriate answer. Personally, I feel like I have moved on and progress within my own life, to the point where I can not do a lot of the fun activities I used to do. However, when I look back at something like this, it does seem incredibly boring to me. That is the reason why I asked this question, as from my perception I see this as something that can not be enjoyed once you see how repetitive it is.

I no longer really play SSRP for what I initially played it all, I've "completed" it in other words. If I get on it is genuinely just to waffle in OOC. Same with the forums, I have far moved on with my life compared to when I first joined back when I was 13 years old. I am 21 now with a stable job and doing my own thing, this is just a nice hobby to have, amongst others.
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jugger, randomfella_

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372665

I'm just here for forum power.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372670

Stop playing for a while then play again..
  • KrypticOG
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 686
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372672

Sally wrote:
and the inevitable reboot I hope
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • surprisingly still kicking
  • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
FP DarkRP Head Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372673

Yes, I left two times.
Then came back and made a whole new account
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372674

Hellsdevil wrote:
Sally wrote:
and the inevitable reboot I hope
That is :fp: nothing to do with :zarp:.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Question for those who have been on Zarp for ages. 2 years 4 months ago #1372676

Basically have quit but I like checking into the forums just browsing.

Also spent so many years Bhopping and Deathrunning that I became quite good and it became the only game I could do quite well in. I don’t think I would have fully quit if servers weren’t dead but sadly that was the case so almost had no choice but to stop playing.

I still bhop and surf but it’s just going on the server with some music on for 30 mins then come off.

I don’t think you just get bored of something because you do it for a few years. Otherwise no one would have hobbies or stable jobs. Some may want change some may be happy where they are and just continuing.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
  • Thanks received: 1137
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff