Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What build would be better.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173333

I'm looking to buy a new PC and build it myself,
I've made 2 builds so far that are within my price range and wondering if they're worth it not just for performance currently but the long term if i wanna upgrade etc
I took advice from multiple people who helped me out and make these 2 builds.
Intel - pcpartpicker.com/user/Mytic/saved/#view=XKPBZL

AMD - uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mytic/saved/#view=KXv9GX

What would would be better for performance and future upgrades
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388
Login or register to post a reply.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173335

Huperchild wrote:
the first one
Reason?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173336

I would go Intel over and but that's just a personal preference.

Power supply price on Intel one is screwed aswell if you didn't notice.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173338

Amd better for gaming
Also take out the cooler with the amd build as all amd processors come with a stock cooler.
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 161

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173339

Spectrum wrote:

But what would be better for performance? i'd assume the AMD due to 8 cores 16 threads?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173340

AMD does a much better job with multi-tasking, so streaming, recording etc. Whilst Intel tend to be better for gaming itself. However, AMD is much less pricey than Intel but I see they're both similar prices but I'd still personally go with AMD, I have the Ryzen 5 3600 RN and it's the best CPU I've ever had.

Also I would recommend you to get a cooler for sure as stock coolers usually aren't too great and are super loud.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by narexa.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173364

Mytic wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

But what would be better for performance? i'd assume the AMD due to 8 cores 16 threads?
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core...n-7-2700X/4051vs3958
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173374

I don't know the non-sense half these people are on about, but in my past experience with building, buying, and selling/flipping computers AMD has always been the better option. Ryzen's price to performance surpasses Intel by so, so, much. Now for your builds I think they aren't good. Generally you won't want to put a 1650 with a R7 2700x unless you just plan on editing.In gaming using the 1650 with the R7 2700x is a bad idea, because it will bottleneck the CPU. I'd recommend save up a bit more and get something like a 1070 used. They typically are around ~$200, or you can opt for a 1080. Wouldn't recommend stepping up to a 1070ti, because the performance isn't that huge from the 1070. As you said you are looking for an upgrade path. Simply both the Intel and Ryzen builds' motherboards will have the next generations of CPUs path-able to it. I wouldn't recommend upgrade either of the CPUs for a long while though as they are really, really good at this current moment and will be for a few more years. I'd recommend get a different CPU Cooler as the one you picked isn't very good. (I'd suggest a Cooler Master Hyper 212). With all this said if you're looking for something that's price to performance pick Ryzen, but if you're looking for something that will get you the up-most performance but cost you more go Intel. (My overall opinion would be to go Ryzen) Have a good one chap (;
  • Tyler K
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I like women
  • Thanks received: 35
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Tyler K.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173379

Tyler K wrote:
I don't know the non-sense half these people are on about, but in my past experience with building, buying, and selling/flipping computers AMD has always been the better option. Ryzen's price to performance surpasses Intel by so, so, much. Now for your builds I think they aren't good. Generally you won't want to put a 1650 with a R7 2700x unless you just plan on editing.In gaming using the 1650 with the R7 2700x is a bad idea, because it will bottleneck the CPU. I'd recommend save up a bit more and get something like a 1070 used. They typically are around ~$200, or you can opt for a 1080. Wouldn't recommend stepping up to a 1070ti, because the performance isn't that huge from the 1070. As you said you are looking for an upgrade path. Simply both the Intel and Ryzen builds' motherboards will have the next generations of CPUs path-able to it. I wouldn't recommend upgrade either of the CPUs for a long while though as they are really, really good at this current moment and will be for a few more years. I'd recommend get a different CPU Cooler as the one you picked isn't very good. (I'd suggest a Cooler Master Hyper 212). With all this said if you're looking for something that's price to performance pick Ryzen, but if you're looking for something that will get you the up-most performance but cost you more go Intel. (My overall opinion would be to go Ryzen) Have a good one chap (;
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173382

Tyler K wrote:
Is there any other graphics cards you'd reccomend that are within the same price range as the 1650?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173383

New or Used? Used is a much better option in my opinion. Simply because new GPUs are so overpriced from used ones.
  • Tyler K
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I like women
  • Thanks received: 35

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173386

Tyler K wrote:
New or Used? Used is a much better option in my opinion. Simply because new GPUs are so overpriced from used ones.
No idea where i'd find a used one. Also what would be the downside of using the 1650 in my build?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173389

Mytic wrote:
Tyler K wrote:
No idea where i'd find a used one. Also what would be the downside of using the 1650 in my build?
I bought a used 1070 from ebay, bit for a risky play but it's worth it. Got mine for £180.
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173390

My dude, don't go for the GTX 1650 it's a terrible card for it's price in term of performance. The only good point is the low power consumption in case you'd not want to switch your power supply.

But since you're buying a new power supply it doesn't matter so the RX 570 4GB just stomps all over it in terms of performance in gaming and for roughly the same price range ( If not lower depending on the manufacturer ). If you're willing to wait a couple weeks too the RX 5500 is about to come out in the 170-200$ price range and is designed for ultra 1080p FULL HD performances with 60+ fps in all recent games and from what we can tell is going to be a very hard competitor to the gtx 1660 in both performance, price and power consumption.

For CPUs right now ryzens are the best price/value so stick with your ryzen 7 2700x or get a ryzen 5 3600 ( From what I heard the ryzen 5 3600 is slightly better for gaming whereas the 7 2700x is better for streaming and stuff like that but the difference isn't that big of a deal in either case. Although the cooler from the 7 2700x is better ).

For power supplies try to stick with known brands like corshair or EVGA. Im not too familiar with that " Thermaltake smart RGB " brand so can't tell you if it's a good one or not. But if you're looking to upgrade in the future you ought to look at least in the 600W+ range because else you might get limited by your 500W PSU further down the line and it'd be stupid not to spend an extra 5-10£ now to save you the expense later on.

Also for the love of god get an SSD lol. A 256gb one is like 20-25£.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173391

Tyler K wrote:

Problem with buying used nowadays is that a lot of the ones that are in his price range have a pretty big chance of having been used in mining rigs because of the bitcoin rush of 2018.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173393

Jool wrote:
My dude, don't go for the GTX 1650 it's a terrible card for it's price in term of performance. The only good point is the low power consumption in case you'd not want to switch your power supply.

But since you're buying a new power supply it doesn't matter so the RX 570 4GB just stomps all over it in terms of performance in gaming and for roughly the same price range ( If not lower depending on the manufacturer ). If you're willing to wait a couple weeks too the RX 5500 is about to come out in the 170-200$ price range and is designed for ultra 1080p FULL HD performances with 60+ fps in all recent games and from what we can tell is going to be a very hard competitor to the gtx 1660 in both performance, price and power consumption.

For CPUs right now ryzens are the best price/value so stick with your ryzen 7 2700x or get a ryzen 5 3600 ( From what I heard the ryzen 5 3600 is slightly better for gaming whereas the 7 2700x is better for streaming and stuff like that but the difference isn't that big of a deal in either case. Although the cooler from the 7 2700x is better ).

For power supplies try to stick with known brands like corshair or EVGA. Im not too familiar with that " Thermaltake smart RGB " brand so can't tell you if it's a good one or not. But if you're looking to upgrade in the future you ought to look at least in the 600W+ range because else you might get limited by your 500W PSU further down the line and it'd be stupid not to spend an extra 5-10£ now to save you the expense later on.

The western digital isn't an SSD?
And i was thinking of a radeon but too scared to switch from nvidia to radeon. xd i'll look into it
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mytic.

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173394

Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:

And i was thinking of a radeon but too scared to switch from nvidia to radeon. xd i'll look into it

No it's an external HDD. Meaning you don't have to plug it in directly to the motherboard inside your case but can simply use an USB cable to connect it outside of your case and take it around with you easily ( thus why it's called external ).

And I can understand why you'd be scared of going from Nvidia to radeon since Nvidia was the king of GCs for like a decade but that has changed since 2-3 years ago. AMD is finally competing and the RX 570 is definitly the best value you can get out of the GCs at that price range trust me.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173396

Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:

No it's an external HDD. Meaning you don't have to plug it in directly to the motherboard inside your case but can simply use an USB cable to connect it outside of your case and take it around with you easily ( thus why it's called external ).

And I can understand why you'd be scared of going from Nvidia to radeon since Nvidia was the king of GCs for like a decade but that has changed since 2-3 years ago. AMD is finally competing and the RX 570 is definitly the best value you can get out of the GCs at that price range trust me.
Ah okay, thanks. I've been looking at videos of the radeon and can see it's better i think it's more of the kinda software/driver side i'm worried about, Shadowplay etc but hopefully with the Ryzen 7 i should just be able to record with something like OBS and not worry about performance?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173397

^ Also could you suggest any good but cheap SSDS?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 5 months ago #1173398

Yeah don't worry you won't get any performance drops ( Or noticeable ones at least ) just from using OBS while gaming.
Maybe a few drops here and there if you're playing shadow of the tomb raider or battlefield V in full ultra 1080P but im guessing that's not where you'll be using OBS so if you just intend to use it for games like fortnite, cs:go or apex it'll be fine.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

183 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun